Courteney Cox & David Arquette Split

Courteney Cox & David Arquette Split

Courteney Cox and David Arquette have split after 11 years of marriage but are still friends, JustJared.com can confirm.

Reps for the couple released the following statement: “We have agreed to a trial separation that dates back for some time. The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage. We remain best friends and responsible parents to our daughter [Coco, 6] and we still love each other deeply. As we go through this process, we are determined to use kindness and understanding to get through this together. We are comfortable with the boundaries that we have established for each other during this separation and we hope that our friends, family, fans and the media also show us respect, dignity, understanding and love at this time as well.”

David and Courteney met in 1995 on the set of Scream, married four years later, and co-star in the new Scream movie, out next year.

InTouch first broke the news of the split.

Credit: FayesVision; Photos: WENN
Posted to: Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Split

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

OMG NOOOOO!!!!!

About time. Probably Arguette did not want a threesome with fugly X. :)

Yikes, those two have been together for so long. I was thinking they’d make it.

IS THIS THE BI__H WHO IS ALWAYS IN OTHER”S PEOPLE’S BUSINESS INSTEAD OF MINHING HER OWN??? HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Always sad news. They always seemed a bit mis-matched. Now hopefully, they can remain friends and she can find someone more temperamentally compatible. And maybe she can calm down a bit. She has seemed so manic recently. i can’t watch her show because she always is so manic.

my best wishes to them both.

Sorry to hear that, they were married a long time in Hollywood terms.

Lori Joyce @ 10/11/2010 at 6:15 pm

I thought they seemed mismatched also. But I’m sorry to hear about their breakup. Always sad when people have been together that long.

I don’t believe it!

lexy hates bilson @ 10/11/2010 at 6:17 pm

Too bad! They lasted a long time – especially by Hollywood standards!

eh that sucks(

I read that he supposedly cheated on her. Ughh..can’t anyone stay faithful?!

Surprising and sad

Nooooooooooo… But, whyyyy????

Iffy Miffy @ 10/11/2010 at 6:30 pm

Oh wow, didn’t see that one coming.

Oh, that’s so sad :’(

So sad. I loved them together. :/

Probably explains all the botox, fillers, and plastic surgery CC has had in the past year. Looking for new meat.

lovelydee @ 10/11/2010 at 6:36 pm

What?? I’m really shocked
I loved them together.

the truth @ 10/11/2010 at 6:39 pm

They was having problems for a longtime. Thought they had worked it out. Sorry that it hapen to see Seem like a nice couple in my terms.They never let that get to them even when things wasn’t going for them. Don’t think that he cheated on her. Things wasn’t going ok for them for awhile. Hope that they can stay friends for the child sake.

Lilakoi Moon @ 10/11/2010 at 6:45 pm

Wow. They’ve been together for most of my life lol. I remember back in the Scream days, I was not even 10 but I liked them together and after so long, I thought they’d make it but hey they did last a long looooong time in Hollywood terms. Too bad. I can’t believe it.

WOW!!! Did NOT see that coming, She and Laura Dern can get drunk together. I like Courtney…always have so I feel bad for her. Apparently the “goddess circle” is not paying attention to the men in their lives. I guess a deal is not a deal.. no matter what was engraved on their wedding bands. I doubt he cheated. He was too scared of her.

Now her and Jen can finally be together.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did cheat on her. They all do in Hollywood.

Glamourous @ 10/11/2010 at 6:55 pm

Oh. That’s too bad. They seemed like a really nice couple.

maybe he started using drugs again. she can’t have any control over that.

it started and ended with “Scream.” =(((

i thought they were happy. hm. well. just like any other hollywood couple. there it is.

nooo! i agree they were a bit mismatched, but it’s not always bad to be so different!

this really surprised me. ):

What a bummer.

blinditemfromSept @ 10/11/2010 at 7:06 pm

BUZZFOTO 27th September 2010
These two celebrity BFF’s who both got their start on the silver screen, are having to majorly rethink their friendship. It seems one friend cannot stand the husband of the other and it is causing a major riff in their friendship. The married friend feels forced to choose between her husband and her best friend, because neither one can stand to be in the same room with the other without a gigantic argument ensuing. Jennifer Aniston/Courtney Cox/David Arquette

Sad news!! I love them!!

blinditemfromSept @ 10/11/2010 at 7:13 pm

Maybe being part of the goddess circle equates to the Oscar curse. If I was part of that circle and married I’d get out fast. Three down, how many more to go?

Ahhh that sucks!!! Poor family

to blintitemfromSept @ 10/11/2010 at 7:15 pm

LIAR LIAR!!! YOU’RE SUCH A DESPERATE JERK!!!

MrMarleyFAN @ 10/11/2010 at 7:48 pm

She is BFF with Laura Dern. Deep.

Passing Through @ 10/11/2010 at 7:53 pm

Ya know…I never come to these hen-related threads, but just this once…
BBBBBBWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karma’s a *****, Courteney. Remember that the next time you and X have one of your little hen parties.

Passing Through @ 10/11/2010 at 7:58 pm

Awww shite. Nevermind…it’s not true. They’re quoting a Lies & Shite story so that automatically means there’s a 99.99% chance that it’s a lie. They claim he’s hooking up with the waitress chick who threw a drink in Hohan’s face. Dammit! I was having so much fun, too!

Poor Coco..

I don’t why but I actually feel incredibly sad hearing this news, I thought they’d go the distance. They’ve been together since 1996, that’s 14 years, nearly 15 :(

Aniston is singing to the ocean she finally has Courtney allllllll to her self!!!!!! Let the games begin!

First laura now her best bud, boy can any of her friends keep a man??

MrMarleyFAN @ 10/11/2010 at 8:03 pm

@Michele:

Michael, I was thinking that too. I have ALWAYS thought that. It’s like all these women were so locked up in each other’s lives and trying hard to be this big happy gang of bud’s with the men in their lives probably tired of “let’s all go on vacay together!” Or, “let’s spend every freaking waking moment together because we’re all so solid and we’re envied for our tight BFF goddess-ness.”

I honestly love Courtney. I do not miss Cougar Town and I think she was way funnier than Jen on Friends and seriously underated. I do wish her and David good stuff. I don’t think it was about cheating at all. I think it was square in circle and they maybe got fatiqued with forcing things to fit. Love is sometimes not enough.

and another one bites the dust. this is shameful. sometimes divorce shouldn’t be a choice.

@Tracy: lol, good one!

R0ck Da Casbah: @ 10/11/2010 at 8:18 pm

N0w it will be fun to see who they’re gonna hook with now.

JJ will surely keep us p0sted.

It is annoying to say they were mismatched. You accept people for who they are and make an effort to maintain admiration and respect for one another. People like to say “we grew apart” but that’s hogwash. If you truly want to be with a person, you accept them for who they are and you compromise (each give a little) on issues of disagreement. The dissimilarities they have were present when they were dating, married and now. The difference is that they no longer want to contribute in order to be together. I feel for their kid, because obviously, a deal is not a deal!

@Anon:
I get what you’re saying, but I really do think they tried to save their marriage. Courtney has mentioned several times that they’ve been in therapy working on their relationship. Sometimes a relationship fails no matter how hard you try and I think it’s better to separate rather than have your child grow up in an unhappy home. Also, based on their statement, it sounds like they’re still holding out hope for a reconciliation. I wish them goodluck!

MrMarleyFAN @ 10/11/2010 at 8:43 pm

@Anon:
That’s naive. Again, sometimes; MANY times, love is not enough. We’re romantics when we need to be realist when we decide we’re ready to commit to someone for what we think is until death do us part and all that comes prior to that. We’re accepting of things we allow the heart to blind us to. We buy into “they’ll change once we get married” or, “my love will make it all ok.” Rose coloured glasses is for fools. Yeah, there are things we accept and find a way to live with; some quirk or habit that irks the hell out of us but isn’t a deal breaker. Face it, some people turn a blind eye to some serious issues when they’re operating from emotions first. We all do it or have done it or will do it.

nooooooo :( I really believed in them, they were great :(

laverdadduele @ 10/11/2010 at 9:00 pm

Totally see this one coming. It’s no surprise he cheated on her if she spends most of the time with that pathetic creature Jennifer Aniston instead of her husband.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
i just found out they were married.

Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not see that coming! If Jen Aniston goes on the PR circuit to start attacking some other woman for this break-up, I think she should be banned from speaking forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, i was shocked at first! then i thoght, when was the last time they were spotted out together and happy?

Wow. I feel guilty for this because they have a child, but I feel a smug sense of glee. I always thought there were THREE people in that marriage, with Aniston stalking Cox and David, and ingratiating herself into their marriage. That marriage was crowded with Jen tagging along everywhere; when would Courteney and David have had ALONE time? No wonder the marriage failed. Aniston fuqks up everything she touches, especially when she is so clingy she ingratiates herself into another marriage and becomes the ‘third wheel’. She must have had something to do with it, considering she never leaves the Arquettes alone for a moment.

And a very happy Anniversary to my parents this day the 12th October (it is the 12th where I am); their 42nd (Forty-second) Anniversary. 42 years! Then again, they never had a clingy stalker playing piggy-in-the-middle all the time.

@Tracy:
“Now her and Jen can finally be together.”
__________________________________________________
BWAHAHAHA :D Roflmao, so SO TRUE. Its what Jen wanted all along. Now, she drove David away and has Courteney all to herself. lol, lucky Courteney. pmsl.

So does this mean that rumor about her and the blond guy on Cougar Town is true?

pattypatty @ 10/11/2010 at 10:20 pm

They did seem mis-matched. She deserves better.

Angie and brad are also mis-matched also, won’t last.

@sue123: They already have lasted Sue, longer than Jen and Brad were even married. hahahahaha

Naughty_by_Nature @ 10/11/2010 at 10:28 pm

QUOTE adjectives;
best friends ,responsible parents we still love each other deeply, kindness and understanding, together..(…) UNQUOTE

wow! I realy thought these characteristics make a mariage work. Seems they didn’t need to break up afterall..or is this just the drill when celebs break up..Honestly all these qualities mention where do you go wrong??

IM PRAYING, THIS HAS TO BE A LIE

@MrMarleyFAN:

MrMarleyFan:
I respect your opinion, I just happen not to agree. Obviously, I don’t think my opinion is naive because it’s my opinion.
Your statement of:
“We’re accepting of things we allow the heart to blind us to. We buy into “they’ll change once we get married” or, “my love will make it all ok.” Rose coloured glasses is for fools. Yeah, there are things we accept and find a way to live with; some quirk or habit that irks the hell out of us but isn’t a deal breaker. ”

Is exactly what my previous post was based upon. You cannot change people, and you should not want to change a person that you plan on “hopefully” spending the rest of your life with. You accept a person for who they are, or you move on prior to getting married and bringing children into the equation. I was simply voicing my opinion which was formed on the information printed in the media. Let’s face it, none of us knows what goes/went on behind the closed door of their home. I wish them and their child the best in what I am sure is a difficult situation.

David caught Courteney and Maniston with a strap-on.
True story!

Observer2 @ 10/12/2010 at 1:08 am

Well, can’t say I’m surprised. The way that Courtney talked about David, she barely tolerated him.

And now the Goddess circle is really complete. They can have at each other. Especially Aniston and Courtney.

I hope the rumor of Courtney hooking up with her costar isn’t true.
And I hope this separation will allow them to mend their marriage. They seemed like a good couple, and I wish them the best in their trial separation, no matter the outcome.

SHE’S SO OLD FOR HIM, HE CAN’T STAND HER BOTOX FACE.
IT’S NORMAL.
SHE’S A DIRTY HYPOCRITE.
GO DAVID…

SUE123, SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH UP NOW. YOU’RE A RUDE BI TCH.

PR stunt
who cares?

THIS HYPOCRITE IS VERY OLD AND HER FACE IS FULL OF BOTOX.
IT’S LUCKY FOR HIM WITHOUT HER IN HIS LIFE.
THIS HYPOCRITE LOOK LIKE A DIRTY BI TCH IN HEAT.
SHE LOOK DISGUSTING.
GET A LIFE, THIS HYPOCRITE

people arent meant to stay together 4 life …… I think its to Hard

All the bi*ches (Aniston, Cox, Crow, Mc Carthy, Handler, etc) are alone now. Lesbian party can begin !

Anastasia @ 10/12/2010 at 5:06 am

Aww,really sad news.they made a nice couple but as it seems they couldn’t solve theirs problems in their marriage..The good news is that they remain close,their separation is amicable and they will always have Coco..

kp hearts butler @ 10/12/2010 at 5:53 am

It’s too bad, but, I’d hate to say it….I kinda saw it coming.
Does he have any career going on anymore? Cause, she does even if it’s “cougartown”, some guys just aren’t strong enough to deal with a woman who is more successful than them. Also, I think he may have wanted kids? He seems like the type?

OMG … -.-

That’s soooo sad …

They are such a great Couple ♥

:(((((

I still see him as Deputy Dwight ‘Dewey’ Riley from ‘Scream’. I can’t believe DEWEY gets any women at all!! HAHAHAHA

This is the sadest thing I’ve heard in a while!!!

I really can’t beliebe it!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!

blinditemfromSept @ 10/12/2010 at 8:45 am

to blintitemfromSept @ 10/11/2010 at 7:15 pm

LIAR LIAR!!! YOU’RE SUCH A DESPERATE JERK!!!
———————————————————-
Oh my were you lying on the floor with your legs and arms flailing because your comforter fell out of your mouth? I didn’t create it, it was a blind item from September which means it may or may not be true in it’s entirety or has an element of truth. I found it interesting in the wake if this split. Try to stay in your pram next time the item wasn’t about you. Only a true jerk would get this upset about it. Now here is your comforter, ok now? Next time try using your own name.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the brangelinas are unbelievable! what a nasty people! so much hatred, so much anger, so much wickedness, so much hypocrisy… what a sad people! when pitt and jolie break up their fans deserve bad words of consolation…

bad news… hope the better for they both! I guess they will back together…

Anastacia @ 10/12/2010 at 9:17 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! why ?? why ???!

It is true, with manniston constantly hanging around them, this marriage was too crowded! You could always tell from David’s face.

Jen must have poisoned CC to not having more babies with David in order to look young but ugly, addicted to botox! Jen is happy now that they can fly together ………with same colours!!. Poor CC!

Brad was right to make a quick exit! Long live brangelinas! You are sooooo goooood together!!

ross marries monica divorces

:( this sucks

thats_right @ 10/12/2010 at 11:33 am

I’m sad for Cortney Cox I really like her in Friends as Monica, her and Phoebe were my favorites in Friends, but at the other hand David will be free of that Chinifer Aniston who was always in their lives.

Edelina , YOU’RE A NASTY BI TCH.
Edelina , YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR DIRTY MOUTH SHUT.
Edelina ,YOU LOOK LIKE A DIRTY WH O RE IN HEAT.
Edelina , FVCK YOU.
Edelina , GO AWAY, DIRTY BI T CH.

@LAURA: clean your mouth!!!

Yesterday we photographed Courteney Cox dressed all in black in Beverly Hills, and while semi-ex-husband David Arquette does not ring her today, Courtney was still wearing his.

Well, you just know…that Jen Aniston will make herself the victim in this whole mess for years to come…it is always about Jennifer…poor, poor Jen!

Wow,2010 is not going to be a Happy Year for all the “godless circle”.What with all the bombed movies,trial separations,divorces,cheating etc.As they say,what goes around,comes around.Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I never understand people who waste their time to comment on the lives of people they dislike. This is just to criticize, be nasty and well you pity! But as they say in France “He laughs best who laughs last,” one day is the celebrity you love to live the same (it will not last long in the lap of Brangelina and I am sure they are still together just for kids

For people who hate Jen and Courteney all, you spend much time talking about them. It’s so easy to insult behind his computer and be hateful, out of all this hatred because you’re not comfortable in your skin. A person well into his skin would not have so much hatred, jealousy and bad faith

I hope someday you separate the man with whom you spent so many years and people will judge you and insult you without even knowing

Courteney is not responsible! David is crazy
He tells their life to Howard Stern, and intimate things
David, just shut up even if what he said about her is nice

sianna…….F.UCK OFF! You stinking hypocrite.

David Arquette is no Brad Pitt. If Cox thinks she can bad mouth this guy she better think twice. Already he is spilling details as to why they split and I for one am loving this new approach by Arquette. He will not be made to look like the guilty. Our Brad was a gentle man and for that X took advantage by giving all those fake interviews.
Arquette will be spilling more details in the long run. I can’t wait for him to get pissed and then tell the whole world what really happened between fugly X and Brad.
I CANT WAIT FOR THAT DAY TO COME AND IT’S COMING. US JP FANS ARE GOING TO HAVE A VERY GOOD HOLIDAY. IT WILL BE LIKE A GIFT. ARQUETTE WILL TELL ALL CAUSE HE CANT HELP IT. HE’S GOT THE RUNNING MOUTH DISEASE.

the haters are soooo obsessed by jen that invent issues to bring up her!!!!

TrueBlade @ 10/12/2010 at 3:52 pm

Very sad. It’s nice to see they are handling this with class, dignity and respect. Coco has great parents who love her deeply enough to act like responsible, civil adults.

terrible news… I wish them all good!

@Edelina: If we’re nasty, its only after YEARS of sitting back and taking nastiness and abuse from Loonifers. After all, we learned from the best. YOU LOONIFERS.

@imao: “the haters are soooo obsessed by jen that invent issues to bring up her!!!!”
___________________________________________________
Nope. That sounds like the Loonifers at FF.

I’m socked! What a pity…

@sianna: sianna,just shut the heck up.David and Courtney’s marriage started going downhill because of your beloved Jen’s intrusion into their marriage.

Sad news! They seemed so cute together.

Oh My—-Already David A. is talking about their non-existant se x life and how they had none for 4 months all on Howard Stern radio show!
Also he admitted that he has already slept with another woman.At least now DA can find his own friends instead of being forced to hang with the Circle!!

JenniferA. @ 10/16/2010 at 1:52 am

Courteney has self-esteem, self-worth issues for marrying David to begin with. Plus she has control issues. He has maturity issues. She’s a mother hen. He’s an idiot. LOL… poor Coco. Courteney is poking her CougarTown co-star. She’s like a monkey, wouldn’t leave her tree until she had another tree to jump to. In EVERY picture of these two together throughout their entire marriage, she walked in front whilst he headed up the rear (and not in the good way). It’s too bad they spawned a child that we hope won’t be as confused, reckless and immature as her parents are.

They lasted a long time – especially by Hollywood standards!