Courteney Cox & David Arquette Split

Courteney Cox & David Arquette Split

Courteney Cox and David Arquette have split after 11 years of marriage but are still friends, JustJared.com can confirm.

Reps for the couple released the following statement: “We have agreed to a trial separation that dates back for some time. The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage. We remain best friends and responsible parents to our daughter [Coco, 6] and we still love each other deeply. As we go through this process, we are determined to use kindness and understanding to get through this together. We are comfortable with the boundaries that we have established for each other during this separation and we hope that our friends, family, fans and the media also show us respect, dignity, understanding and love at this time as well.”

David and Courteney met in 1995 on the set of Scream, married four years later, and co-star in the new Scream movie, out next year.

InTouch first broke the news of the split.

Credit: FayesVision; Photos: WENN
Posted to: Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Split

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Show All
Glamourous @ 10/11/2010 at 6:55 pm

Oh. That’s too bad. They seemed like a really nice couple.

maybe he started using drugs again. she can’t have any control over that.

it started and ended with “Scream.” =(((

i thought they were happy. hm. well. just like any other hollywood couple. there it is.

nooo! i agree they were a bit mismatched, but it’s not always bad to be so different!

this really surprised me. ):

What a bummer.

blinditemfromSept @ 10/11/2010 at 7:06 pm

BUZZFOTO 27th September 2010
These two celebrity BFF’s who both got their start on the silver screen, are having to majorly rethink their friendship. It seems one friend cannot stand the husband of the other and it is causing a major riff in their friendship. The married friend feels forced to choose between her husband and her best friend, because neither one can stand to be in the same room with the other without a gigantic argument ensuing. Jennifer Aniston/Courtney Cox/David Arquette

Sad news!! I love them!!

blinditemfromSept @ 10/11/2010 at 7:13 pm

Maybe being part of the goddess circle equates to the Oscar curse. If I was part of that circle and married I’d get out fast. Three down, how many more to go?

Ahhh that sucks!!! Poor family

to blintitemfromSept @ 10/11/2010 at 7:15 pm

LIAR LIAR!!! YOU’RE SUCH A DESPERATE JERK!!!

MrMarleyFAN @ 10/11/2010 at 7:48 pm

She is BFF with Laura Dern. Deep.

Passing Through @ 10/11/2010 at 7:53 pm

Ya know…I never come to these hen-related threads, but just this once…
BBBBBBWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karma’s a *****, Courteney. Remember that the next time you and X have one of your little hen parties.

Passing Through @ 10/11/2010 at 7:58 pm

Awww shite. Nevermind…it’s not true. They’re quoting a Lies & Shite story so that automatically means there’s a 99.99% chance that it’s a lie. They claim he’s hooking up with the waitress chick who threw a drink in Hohan’s face. Dammit! I was having so much fun, too!

Poor Coco..

I don’t why but I actually feel incredibly sad hearing this news, I thought they’d go the distance. They’ve been together since 1996, that’s 14 years, nearly 15 :(

Aniston is singing to the ocean she finally has Courtney allllllll to her self!!!!!! Let the games begin!

First laura now her best bud, boy can any of her friends keep a man??

MrMarleyFAN @ 10/11/2010 at 8:03 pm

@Michele:

Michael, I was thinking that too. I have ALWAYS thought that. It’s like all these women were so locked up in each other’s lives and trying hard to be this big happy gang of bud’s with the men in their lives probably tired of “let’s all go on vacay together!” Or, “let’s spend every freaking waking moment together because we’re all so solid and we’re envied for our tight BFF goddess-ness.”

I honestly love Courtney. I do not miss Cougar Town and I think she was way funnier than Jen on Friends and seriously underated. I do wish her and David good stuff. I don’t think it was about cheating at all. I think it was square in circle and they maybe got fatiqued with forcing things to fit. Love is sometimes not enough.

and another one bites the dust. this is shameful. sometimes divorce shouldn’t be a choice.

@Tracy: lol, good one!

R0ck Da Casbah: @ 10/11/2010 at 8:18 pm

N0w it will be fun to see who they’re gonna hook with now.

JJ will surely keep us p0sted.

It is annoying to say they were mismatched. You accept people for who they are and make an effort to maintain admiration and respect for one another. People like to say “we grew apart” but that’s hogwash. If you truly want to be with a person, you accept them for who they are and you compromise (each give a little) on issues of disagreement. The dissimilarities they have were present when they were dating, married and now. The difference is that they no longer want to contribute in order to be together. I feel for their kid, because obviously, a deal is not a deal!

@Anon:
I get what you’re saying, but I really do think they tried to save their marriage. Courtney has mentioned several times that they’ve been in therapy working on their relationship. Sometimes a relationship fails no matter how hard you try and I think it’s better to separate rather than have your child grow up in an unhappy home. Also, based on their statement, it sounds like they’re still holding out hope for a reconciliation. I wish them goodluck!

MrMarleyFAN @ 10/11/2010 at 8:43 pm

@Anon:
That’s naive. Again, sometimes; MANY times, love is not enough. We’re romantics when we need to be realist when we decide we’re ready to commit to someone for what we think is until death do us part and all that comes prior to that. We’re accepting of things we allow the heart to blind us to. We buy into “they’ll change once we get married” or, “my love will make it all ok.” Rose coloured glasses is for fools. Yeah, there are things we accept and find a way to live with; some quirk or habit that irks the hell out of us but isn’t a deal breaker. Face it, some people turn a blind eye to some serious issues when they’re operating from emotions first. We all do it or have done it or will do it.

nooooooo :( I really believed in them, they were great :(