Courteney Cox & David Arquette Split

Courteney Cox & David Arquette Split

Courteney Cox and David Arquette have split after 11 years of marriage but are still friends, JustJared.com can confirm.

Reps for the couple released the following statement: “We have agreed to a trial separation that dates back for some time. The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage. We remain best friends and responsible parents to our daughter [Coco, 6] and we still love each other deeply. As we go through this process, we are determined to use kindness and understanding to get through this together. We are comfortable with the boundaries that we have established for each other during this separation and we hope that our friends, family, fans and the media also show us respect, dignity, understanding and love at this time as well.”

David and Courteney met in 1995 on the set of Scream, married four years later, and co-star in the new Scream movie, out next year.

InTouch first broke the news of the split.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All
laverdadduele @ 10/11/2010 at 9:00 pm

Totally see this one coming. It’s no surprise he cheated on her if she spends most of the time with that pathetic creature Jennifer Aniston instead of her husband.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
i just found out they were married.

Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not see that coming! If Jen Aniston goes on the PR circuit to start attacking some other woman for this break-up, I think she should be banned from speaking forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, i was shocked at first! then i thoght, when was the last time they were spotted out together and happy?

Wow. I feel guilty for this because they have a child, but I feel a smug sense of glee. I always thought there were THREE people in that marriage, with Aniston stalking Cox and David, and ingratiating herself into their marriage. That marriage was crowded with Jen tagging along everywhere; when would Courteney and David have had ALONE time? No wonder the marriage failed. Aniston fuqks up everything she touches, especially when she is so clingy she ingratiates herself into another marriage and becomes the ‘third wheel’. She must have had something to do with it, considering she never leaves the Arquettes alone for a moment.

And a very happy Anniversary to my parents this day the 12th October (it is the 12th where I am); their 42nd (Forty-second) Anniversary. 42 years! Then again, they never had a clingy stalker playing piggy-in-the-middle all the time.

@Tracy:
“Now her and Jen can finally be together.”
__________________________________________________
BWAHAHAHA :D Roflmao, so SO TRUE. Its what Jen wanted all along. Now, she drove David away and has Courteney all to herself. lol, lucky Courteney. pmsl.

So does this mean that rumor about her and the blond guy on Cougar Town is true?

pattypatty @ 10/11/2010 at 10:20 pm

They did seem mis-matched. She deserves better.

Angie and brad are also mis-matched also, won’t last.

@sue123: They already have lasted Sue, longer than Jen and Brad were even married. hahahahaha

Naughty_by_Nature @ 10/11/2010 at 10:28 pm

QUOTE adjectives;
best friends ,responsible parents we still love each other deeply, kindness and understanding, together..(…) UNQUOTE

wow! I realy thought these characteristics make a mariage work. Seems they didn’t need to break up afterall..or is this just the drill when celebs break up..Honestly all these qualities mention where do you go wrong??

IM PRAYING, THIS HAS TO BE A LIE

@MrMarleyFAN:

MrMarleyFan:
I respect your opinion, I just happen not to agree. Obviously, I don’t think my opinion is naive because it’s my opinion.
Your statement of:
“We’re accepting of things we allow the heart to blind us to. We buy into “they’ll change once we get married” or, “my love will make it all ok.” Rose coloured glasses is for fools. Yeah, there are things we accept and find a way to live with; some quirk or habit that irks the hell out of us but isn’t a deal breaker. ”

Is exactly what my previous post was based upon. You cannot change people, and you should not want to change a person that you plan on “hopefully” spending the rest of your life with. You accept a person for who they are, or you move on prior to getting married and bringing children into the equation. I was simply voicing my opinion which was formed on the information printed in the media. Let’s face it, none of us knows what goes/went on behind the closed door of their home. I wish them and their child the best in what I am sure is a difficult situation.

David caught Courteney and Maniston with a strap-on.
True story!

Observer2 @ 10/12/2010 at 1:08 am

Well, can’t say I’m surprised. The way that Courtney talked about David, she barely tolerated him.

And now the Goddess circle is really complete. They can have at each other. Especially Aniston and Courtney.

I hope the rumor of Courtney hooking up with her costar isn’t true.
And I hope this separation will allow them to mend their marriage. They seemed like a good couple, and I wish them the best in their trial separation, no matter the outcome.

SHE’S SO OLD FOR HIM, HE CAN’T STAND HER BOTOX FACE.
IT’S NORMAL.
SHE’S A DIRTY HYPOCRITE.
GO DAVID…

SUE123, SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH UP NOW. YOU’RE A RUDE BI TCH.

PR stunt
who cares?

THIS HYPOCRITE IS VERY OLD AND HER FACE IS FULL OF BOTOX.
IT’S LUCKY FOR HIM WITHOUT HER IN HIS LIFE.
THIS HYPOCRITE LOOK LIKE A DIRTY BI TCH IN HEAT.
SHE LOOK DISGUSTING.
GET A LIFE, THIS HYPOCRITE

people arent meant to stay together 4 life …… I think its to Hard

All the bi*ches (Aniston, Cox, Crow, Mc Carthy, Handler, etc) are alone now. Lesbian party can begin !

Anastasia @ 10/12/2010 at 5:06 am

Aww,really sad news.they made a nice couple but as it seems they couldn’t solve theirs problems in their marriage..The good news is that they remain close,their separation is amicable and they will always have Coco..

kp hearts butler @ 10/12/2010 at 5:53 am

It’s too bad, but, I’d hate to say it….I kinda saw it coming.
Does he have any career going on anymore? Cause, she does even if it’s “cougartown”, some guys just aren’t strong enough to deal with a woman who is more successful than them. Also, I think he may have wanted kids? He seems like the type?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All