Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

American Music Awards Nominations List 2010!

American Music Awards Nominations List 2010!

The nominations for the 2010 American Music Awards are here!

Eminem and Lady Antebellum lead the way with five nominations each, while Justin Bieber followed with four and B.o.B, Katy Perry, Ke$ha and Usher each took three.

The ceremony, which takes place on November 21 on ABC, will honor winners selected by online voting! Show support for your favorites by voting at AMAVote.com!

Click inside to see a list of the nominees…

Favorite Male Artist, Pop or Rock

Jason Derülo
Ke$ha
Lady Antebellum
Travie McCoy
Mike Posner

John Parra/Getty

Eminem; Lady Antebellum; Justin Bieber followed; B.o.B, Katy Perry; Usher; Ke$ha……this is the WORST list I have ever seen.

Why can’t it just be Favorite RAP artist since they can’t do female since Nicki is the only female rappers busting her behind off? Why can’t they just add her in with the males? And trust me… SHE WOULD WIN Favorite rap artist. :|

@V: Eminem is a homophobic TW@T who’s now playin the reverse racism Victim card, he can walk off a cliff for all I care. As for his music he hasn’t brought anything new to the game for years.

RIP MUSIC INDUSTRY. @ 10/12/2010 at 2:19 pm

KE@$HA for ALBUM OF THE YEAR????????

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT A JOKE! same goes for bieber….all of them actually

Gaga should have been nommed Album Of The Year….well I hope she wins everything else she’s nominated in.
& I hope Shakira wins something <3

i hope chris brown and taylor swift win NOTHING.

lame list tbh

This list looks like there are no other better choice and talented singers/artists existing nowadays. They are the same artists again and again. Getting tirede of this. It seems to me these people are chosen because of their popularity and how many album and singles they sold. Actually most of these artists can sing and rap, but being talented? that´s an exaggeration!

Jason Durulo, B.o.B, TMcCoy, and Train are the worst ones from this entire list.

Predictable list, predictable winners.

Why the h*el*ll Do we have to like gays?
I just don’t like it.
And sorry to remind you, but nature didn’t make us to be gay, but to be straight.
This is the only way to gat praignant.

PATHETIC NOMINEES!

PATHETIC NOMINEES!

please read a book.... @ 10/12/2010 at 2:42 pm

@none: :You sound quite young so I won’t get mad at you…..I guess your parents just told you what they wanted to. Nature didn’t make me straight otherwise I would be attracted to the opposite sex. Asexuality, Bisexuality, Homosexuality and Heterosexuality all exist in Plant and Animal Nature as well as us humans (Pansexuality exists in Humans only).

buuuuuurn in hell you all retarded so called artists

@none: I’m sorry to remind you but your mother dropped you on your head a baby.

PS. what a boring predictable list…ZZZZZZ

@none: i am adopted because my mum could never pregnant………what’s your excuse for that? i don’t like your mindset at all.

I wish Sade & Vampire Weekend would win something but we all know who the winners will be..

really poor year for music awards. VMA, EMA now AMA everywhere the same “artist”.

[I n F a m o u s l y C o o L] @ 10/12/2010 at 3:15 pm

travis mccoy’s not a new artist. ahahaha

the truth @ 10/12/2010 at 3:24 pm

Hope chris brown win award. He really desreve to win one.Love Eninem win one too. Both have had a hrad time coming back in the music scene. for the ladies Hope the ke$he win too.

I swear if Justin Bieber wins more awards than Eminem… The world is seriously messed up- I think I will start believing that the year 2012 will be our last.. thanks a lot JB :<

Chris Brown for the Win.

Lady Gaga for the Win also.

AMENSISTER @ 10/12/2010 at 4:38 pm

man RiRI snubbed

JJ must be gutted

@Darren:

I don’t mind Katy Perry or Usher, but JB, seriously?!
People need to listen to real music, not generic, auto-tuned crap!
I wish that real artists were nominated, such as Green Day or the Train.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! My two faves, Rihanna and Chris Brown, are nominated for best Male & Female R&B artists again! I know they’ll both win, I’m just praying and keeping my fingers crossed that they both perform! Yeah 3X and Only Girl totally rock!

NO disrespect, but the artist of the year and breakthrough artist of the year look like a ****** and horrible list. That list alone shows the decline of the music industy and to tell you the truth, if a artist doesn’t win even though thry may deserve a win, I hope they don’t get angry and mad becuase I personally wouldn’t want to be apart of this horrible ceremony. It’s probably gonna be broing like the VMA’s due to the lack of talent that will perform.
Besides that I hope Carrie wins, Shakira wins, Sade or Alicia wins, B.o.B wins, and even though I personally can’t stand them for different reasons, I hope Gaga and Eminem win becuase those people along with maybe Chris Brown and the lesser known categories are the only talented people I see on this list.
I’ll just watch the AMA’s on Youtube when the popular and nominated artist (Lionel Ritchie, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Barbra Streisand,Bee Gee’s and etc.) were the most talented.

GagaFanGirl @ 10/12/2010 at 6:57 pm

Gaga will win.

Justin Biever? Lawd when will he disappear?
Didn’t he embarrass himself enough at the VMA’s .. the biotch was lip syncing.
Twilight needs to die, and Taylor Swift sucks.
End.

@ewwww: Hey genius, Taylor already won ARTIST OF THE YEAR last year. If she had a new album out, she would probably sweep the awards this year too.

Diepmayer @ 10/12/2010 at 7:21 pm

Us music industry is so lame recently……it’s so dark

everybody talks about eminem..how many good songs got?..I only remember that one “..my name is.”.. and stop right there!, I’m not defending Justin bieber ..no,but I don’t like them,and keshia??…that girl is so new..oh no…there are good too like katy perry,black eyed peas, lady antebelum,shakira ..but the best is Lady gaga.

I forgot..and I like B.O.B too!!

really cause Best Female Artist can go to either Lady Gaga or Katy Perry, my pick is Lady Gaga but Katy Perry had a huge summer with California Girls and Teenage Dream. Lady Gaga is the better artist though so who knows!

When Justin Bieber and Ke$ha continue to get nominated in these awards shows,there’s something WRONG! Mediocre talent best!

Where’s the REAL talent….Adam Lambert should be on that list. His talent is unsurpassed!

AMAs +ABC = huge fail!!!!!!

What a crappy list!

Where are all the ‘real’ bands??
30 seconds to mars should have been nominated for ATLEAST one award!!

Artist of the Year
Justin Bieber
Eminem
Ke$ha
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry

Are they serious?? Sure two of them maybe ok to listen to if intoxicated at a club but seriously???

Spot on.

Predictable list,predictable winners

With the exception of a couple of innovative artists,the whole list screams BORING and MEDIOCRE talent.

I guess I know what I’ll be doing with my evening.

No AL,no AMAs!!!

I hope Lady GagGag wins NOTHING!

I want to Bieb to win all four — and upset the whole show! Damn, that would be fun to watch and experience. Yeah! He’s worked hard for his short time in the limelight. Let them all eat cake! hahahahahah. You go, Justin! The rest can just wait another year.

I’d rather listen to whales mating than Justin Bieber.

Jokergurl @ 10/13/2010 at 1:58 am

I think Eminem and Lady Gaga pretty much have this one wrapped up with a nice little bow on it. I think Enrique’s got the Latin artist thing wrapped up too.

Rachelsun @ 10/13/2010 at 2:22 am

Travie is a new SOLO artist that is what the breakthrough is for. The album Lazarus is a great listen and fun.

Brightside @ 10/13/2010 at 2:23 am

Can’t stand Justin Beiber! How old is he? Eleven! I’m all for encouraging babies who have a talent in something but to hail them as musical superstars….hell….they’re just freaking bubbies! Save the awards for those who are more than just a tweeny girl’s hormonal crush, those who have built up their career with acumen, talent and versatility! Eminem’s OK…but Beiber…back to kiddie school with him!

i hope chris brown < rihanna jb and eminem win

but why are lady gaga >katy berry<tylor swift nominated they are the worst

Artist of this year will LADY GAGA~!!!!
GOGO GAGA!!

SHUT UP!!!!!!! @ 10/13/2010 at 9:30 am

@itsajoke:LEAVE KESHA ALONE!!!!! Adam will hate you for cussing his friend and he said Justin B was a good kid, really polite when he met him so shut up!! LEAVE KE$HA AND JB ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

@Bree: Train and Greenday? LMAAAAAAO! Get some taste Train’s one of the worst bands ever like Nickleback.

GO Gaga, Vampire Weekend, Alicia & Shaki.

The music industry is full of far too many’artists with very little genuine talent. It’s all about their sorry personal lives and t’heatrics.

rock n roll queen @ 10/13/2010 at 11:15 am

the fact is that people nowadays care more about the artists personal lives than the artists work, they seem to look for role models 4 their children in the showbusiness(which to me makes no sense,if u cant teach ur kids how to be good people how do u expect a stranger that is probably in their age to do this?)and not 4 real musicians.if we also think of the fact that most people have no education as far as arts r concerned we have the reason why there r so few artists today.that list except from lady gaga,alternative rock nominees and acdc sucks

where is 30 seconds to mars,

@ pls read a book…itz so unfortunate that ur comparing human beings with lower plants and animals, that is why human beings are higher animals. If being gay is the right thing to do why isn’t every one on the planet a single sex also you can’t people of the same sex make babies without having to adopt. Just because quite a number of people are gay doesn’t make it gay. I won’t but a gun to someone’s head because they say they are gay but just dont say it’s completely natural because it is not.
P.S. ke$ha is one of the most untalented artists of this generation she can sing only with autotune same goes for rihanna…thumbs up for usher now that’s talent

Brightside @ 10/13/2010 at 1:46 pm

@ZeZe:
Can I respectfully suggest that you read about homosexuality in the Animal Kingdom…
I’ve included a link to a popular source but there are many others. You’ll find that homosexuality has been known to occur in over 1,500 different species in the natural world. I’ll just repeat that, in the natural world, so, by definition, it is natural. It may not be evolutionarily viable as a reproductive method but it is likely that it serves some obscure evolutionary purpose or it simply wouldn’t exist.
Do read up about it. There is nothing wrong, abnormal or immoral in being homosexual by nature!
Please don’t let the prejudices of too many primitive religious cults brainwash you into an intolerant and ignorant view of the subject.

Brightside @ 10/13/2010 at 1:52 pm

And by primitive religious cults I mean Christianity, Roman Catholicism, Islam and just about any other pig ignorant cult that relies on some form of make believe godhead to brainwash people into becoming sheeple. There is no god, there never has been a god and there never will be a god because god does not and has never existed. It is the belief in a god that is entirely unnatural and has no place in the natural world.

EMINEM, RIHANNA E CARRIE *——————————-* <3333333333333333

The song “The Power Of Love”, featured in Back To The Future, topped the chart and garnered them an academy award nomination. Musical Instruments

Favorite Album, Pop or Rock
Justin Bieber – My World 2.0
Eminem – Recovery
Katy Perry – Teenage Dream

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/10/12/american-music-awards-nominations-list-2010/#ixzz12HE0JZtE

oh my god…. i didn’t knew that emnem or justin bieber sang rock!… interesting.

@ZeZeIf being straight is the right thing to do why isn’t every one on the planet attracted to the opposite sex? Who makes these rules up? I sure as hell know I didn’t –choose– to live a life that leaves me prone to torment, bullying and judgements. I didn’t choose to be born the way I was, I -did- choose to live openly. But people will still be ignorant outside of their own bubble. Thankfully I’m past highschool and the stage of my life where disabled kids, black, asian, gay…kids….anyone who was a ‘minority’ (such a Hit.ler attitude) were punched and sneered at just because they weren’t straight and white. There is no right or wrong when it comes to love, sorry if that’s hard for you to accept. Love is ALWAYS the answer. ps. usher sounded just as bad as kesha live on tv the other day

2010 ARIA Music Awards Party Patroller
Please vote for me!!!
Only have 2 days left to make the finals EEK
Really Easy Click Link then ‘like’ under photo
Would appreciate all votes so that I can see you all on the Red Carpet
in Sydney Australia THANKYOU:)

2010 ARIA Music Awards Party Patroller
PLEASE VOTE FOR ME
So I can see you on the Red Carpet and bring you all the latest news LIVE takes 2 secs click on link then on ‘like’ under my photo
THANKYOU:)

@Brightside U must really be ignorance thinking that there is no God, thats pure undiluted blasphemy. If it your own opinion that there is no God fine but u dont have to force your opinion on anyone or critise anyone’s believe. It so unfortunate that people like you exist not living for anything. Try and respect other people’s believes. How do you think the world began, lemme guess you think the big bang..we lemme ask you this what happened before the big bang? God exist, he always has and he always will whether you like to accept it or not.

@Cara: Why don’t you practice what you preach? You’re offended that someone doesn’t believe in some old bearded man who lives in the sky like you do so you attack their opinion while saying they should respect yours? Hypocrite.

@bette: The nominations for the American Music Awards are chosen…by record sales. They have ALWAYS been.

The comments on here are RIDICULOUS!!! The American Music Awards are based on RECORD sales. If you don’t like the nominations, support the artists you do like and maybe next year you will see them nominated. In the meantime STOP hating on the artists who have sold enough in a year to get a nomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@itsajoke: Adam Lambert was not nominated because his fans didn’t support him by buying his CD/singles…don’t hate fans of other artists because they go out and support their fav’s.

Lady Gaga is OVERRATED. I grew up with the original Lady Gaga…Madonna. Yes, Gaga can sing and write songs but she is doing NOTHING that hasn’t already been done.

Beyonce is another OVERRATED artist who’s music holds no weight or substance but her fans support her by buying what she’s selling, like with Gaga. I don’t understand either artists popularity (especially Beyonce’s) but I do understand that they have fans who are loyal and support what they do.

Justin Bieber, Eminem, Kesha are nominated because their fans have supported their work by buying their CD’s and not downloading them for free!!!

SHE WOULD WIN Favorite rap artist. :|

this is the worst where is nicki minaj in this award this is sucks. Trey songz is going to sweap that award

@none i fully 100% agree with you!

Eminem for the WIN!!!

This is ridiculous. When did the AMAs turn into the VMAs?

I’m sure Ke$ha will be the recipient of the artist of the year.

Beatles fan @ 11/20/2010 at 6:22 pm

This is a horrible list

I’m not watching this tonight. Country music is about the only part of the music industry that got something right for once. Kesha? Are you kidding me? Hey, guys, lets get a tramp from the streets and put glitter on her face and make her a huge star. Society these days is so pathetic.

I hope that Lady Antebellum wins everything they are nominated for. They are representing Country music. Justin Beaver can win everything else as far as I’m concerned because does it really matter? Good artists aren’t nominated in these kinds of award shows.

Oh, and Jason should take home Male because he worked his ass off.

What a crock. The Avett Brothers and Brandi Carlile are the only thing going good in music these days, and the voters are numb to this. Keep picking this cr@p bag of ”artists”. Most young Americans have no taste in music.

umassminutemen @ 11/21/2010 at 8:58 pm

It is a legitimate joke that Pearl Jam is not nominated for these awards. Justin Bieber? Phoenix? The only artist on the list that comes close to Pearl Jam lyrically and in talent and that is Eminem. I guess Muse too. It is just sad that PJ can come out with a number 1 album on the Billboard that has 5 or 6 solid songs and then not be nominated for anything.

I cannot take these awards. I am like halfway through and Justin Bieber just won over Eminem… WHAT?!?!?!

Eminem is the best & is gonna take home all the awards because he was simply spectacular this year.all the best Eminem.