Tom Hardy: 'Batman' Lead Role!

Tom Hardy: 'Batman' Lead Role!

Tom Hardy will be reuniting with Inception director Christopher Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film!

Deadline reports Warner Bros. won’t say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a “reasonable assumption.” We agree!

Tom has been in Vancouver with Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon, and Chelsea Handler shooting the McG-directed comedy This Means War.

We can’t wait for the new Batman movie!!!

This.will.be.AWESOME!!!

Thanks GOD! He is on a par with Ledger’s talent. Even better, if I may!

Hate his lips.

OMG! Another Batman?! Why so many movies about the same story? Hollywood, where’s your creativity?

Lilakoi Moon @ 10/13/2010 at 2:17 pm

@wawa: wawaWHAAAAAT?!? I seriously hope you’re not talking about Tom Hardy? ‘Cause dude has the sexiest lips I have ever seen on a guy. :) Ugh. Thanks Jared, I love to see my eye candy :D Yum yum<3

OMG ! I just can’t wait for this movie. Plus, this guy was awesome in Inception. Whomever Nolan undertakes to set up as one of the characters in this movie, I careless cause the scenario is just going to be epic !!!!

Butter_Fly @ 10/13/2010 at 2:20 pm

Hmm. I’m really curious to know what role he will be playing. The Dark Knight is the only Batman I can sit though, thanks to Heath Ledger.

I’m about to freak out! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Tom Hardy will probably play Edward Nygma, aka The Riddler.

@sr: I though Joseph Gordon-Levitt was playing the Riddler? I can’t keep up anymore..

I hope Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play Riddler, and Tom someone else. I love these two in Inception.

[I n F a m o u s l y C o o L] @ 10/13/2010 at 3:17 pm

…nolan’s a genius.

something about his face annoys me, he looks like a douche.

THANK YOU MR NOLAN.. @ 10/13/2010 at 3:46 pm

Thank god Christian Bale got out thanks so much Chris Nolan..
Because who wants to be remembered in a movie with a dead
drug addict named HEATH LEDGER WHO O.D ON PRESCRIPTION
DRUGS..!!! Man now we can have a hunk of an actor be referenced
and compared to Heath Ledger…!! and Katie Holmes did the first
movie..So thanks you Chris for getting Mr. Bale out of role ..that is
being compared to a drug addict who o.d…!! Now his career will
be forever be pigeonholed …into the Batman role ..Too bad he
is a hunk Tom Hardy

Just like I predicted. Nolan is going to put Dead-shot or Hush in the 3th batman movie & Tom Hardly going to play it. “or maybe he will play the riddler” Remember people The Riddler had a play & his play was Hush. maybe we will get to see Riddler, Hush & The Falcony Family.

Awesome! Yes, Butter_Fly, only Batman I loved was the Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger. Tom Hardy does reminds me of Heath, not physically, but for his incredible acting skills. Check out Bronon or ‘Stuart a life backward’ if you want to know what I mean. I predict he will be awesome as the Riddler or any other villain! He has the sexiest lips ever.

MR NOLAN..tom to play batman @ 10/13/2010 at 4:33 pm

See it is already starting … comparing Tom to Heath Ledger toooo
bad Chris didn’t put Heath in the lead role… and than it could die
like Heath did.. It is already said that he is playing Batman ….

Ewwwwww, he doesn’t even fit ” batman “

The people that read your website must be inbred. “Lead” does not mean he will be taking the part of Batman from Christian Bale. It means he will most likely be one of the lead villians or new character in the film. If you can’t read a paragraph on a blog and understand it, you sreiously have issues.

I would do many unspeakable things to that man if I could get my hands on him.

Hey #18 hope you are not referring to me. I think I explained pretty clearly why I compare Tom to Heath, which jas absolutely nothing to do with whether Tom plays any Batman role. Also, playing the lead in Batman does not mean playing Batman himself. Batman in Dark Knight did not have a more prominent role than the Joker, you could argue the main lead was indeed the Joker.

Yay!
I guess Ed Westwick’s dream of playing Batman won’t be coming true lol

@wawa:

You must be joking, they are luscious!

oh c`mon, you people! they got me at “Tom Hardy will be reuniting with (…) Christopher Nolan.”

sweetness @ 10/13/2010 at 8:30 pm

who is this guy? I only vaguely recall him from Inception but he didn’t stand out at all..I can tell already this next Batman won’t be as good as The Dark Knight.

@sweetness:
If you don’t know who he is go watch Bronson then come back.

if you check the imdb page of batman 3, you’ll see that Bale will play again Batman. Nolan resumed all the old charachters from the franchise, plus he’s casting other people for other roles. Just check before speaking, please. And we ought to wait for the official announcement, even if it’s difficult. I think we all want to see Tom rising. Just wait and let’s not jinx him!

Go on Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s IMDb page and you’ll see he’s listed for the “Untitled Batman Project” as The Riddler which is exciting! Although it says rumoured, there’s still a big chance!

Nolan really put some eyecandy in Inception didn’t he? Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy and Leonardo DiCaprio. Sigh. I can’t wait for this film! Nolan never fails! Big fan of his work. He’s the Alfred Hitchcock of our time.

OMG yes, b*iatch, he is so f*ucking sexy yummy

@Eli:
ithis site is full of trolls i remeber a ton of you bashing poor heath saying he would suck,now youve seen his peroformance you all like he did ‘great amzing” not like he can apprecitate now.
He died with depression and low self essteem b/c a bit had to do with naysayers

@THANK YOU MR NOLAN..:
bale looks like a male witch and so ugly with his fcked up nose!!
you ugly fck.Heath WAS NOT A ADDICT