Jake Gyllenhaal: Turning 30 is Just The Beginning

Jake Gyllenhaal: Turning 30 is Just The Beginning

Jake Gyllenhaal keeps it cool and casual as he arrives at LAX airport on Sunday (October 17).

The Love and Other Drugs actor recently shared that he’s got mixed feelings about turning 30 at the end of the year.

“Look guys, I’m not 30 yet!” Jake said, adding jokingly, “Can you cut it with the 30 comments?”

All kidding aside, though, “I feel more like myself. I feel like now, it’s just the beginning,” Jake said (via People). “I guess you get to a point at 30 or somewhere and you say, ‘What I am, is what I am and that’s what I’m going to be and that’s all good. I don’t need to be anything else.’ And that’s kind of how I feel.”

FYI: Jake is wearing J Brand “Walker” relaxed straight leg jeans in Boone.

jake gyllenhaal blue shirt lax 01
jake gyllenhaal blue shirt lax 02
jake gyllenhaal blue shirt lax 03
jake gyllenhaal blue shirt lax 04
jake gyllenhaal blue shirt lax 05

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

So hot…
But shave the mustache.

Sally_ClarkLena @ 10/17/2010 at 2:31 pm

I love him, but I thought he was much older.
Looks a little worn out for only being 29 at the moment :P

Looking good Jake.

So Swedish @ 10/17/2010 at 2:56 pm

So hot bb!

I can teach you more about your heritage Jake :)

Kom till Sverige. Sweden welcomes you!

Good looking and a good actor. Nice!

A quality actor with quality personality. Jake Gyllenhaal is 30 years young, many more films to enjoy, hope he continues his career!

30 certainly isn’t old. But many people once they hit the big 3-0 start thinking about things in their life, like taking stock. And maybe that is what Jake is doing. I think things have changed for him, Heath passing certainly has played a part. He never even reached his 29th birthday let alone 30 (he would have been 31 this year)

so I think Jake is probably trying to grow and take this as a new beginning for him.

I wish him luck and I hope LAOD and Source Code are big successes.

toothy seems very happy with who he is :)

suzycreamcheese @ 10/17/2010 at 4:33 pm

I thought about that too. Heath will forever be 28, but Jake will gro older.:

He looks sooooo much older than 29.

isobeards @ 10/17/2010 at 4:59 pm

darn… looks like he really trimmed the beard back.
Was waiting to see just how full and bushy it was gonna get.
I like that he doesn’t just do what everyone else would want or would think is ‘right’.

Now if Jake would just keep his beard like this I’ll be a happy camper!*lol*.

creamlive @ 10/17/2010 at 6:02 pm

Good looking and a good actor. Amazing! He looks great for his age! Loved him in Prince of Persia…(his british accent) Looking forward to his new sifi movie! Good wishes from Germany. :)

Jake is a decent actor not good and nowhere near as great as his godfather Paul Newman was. age ain’t nothing but a number. granted Paul also knew when to keep his mouth shut most of the time and when he didn’t his second wife kicked his ass of course for the first year of their marriage she was the bigger star as she won the best actress in a leading role academy award just after they were married and it took him about 30 years and 7 Best Actor nominations to finally win

Jake's a cutie @ 10/17/2010 at 6:30 pm

Paul Newman is not Jake’s Godfather, its a myth that Jake has confirmed verbally and he never taught Jake how to drive either. As far Paul Newman and the Oscar, winning late worked out fine for him. Most people who win an Oscar early in their career usually do nothing afterwards. Its the curse both on and off screen.

He is so sweet))))))))

@Courtney: So he’s a decent actor but not good? That makes no sense. I guess you’re saying your expectations are low, critics with low expectations aren’t really critics. I wonder how talented you are…

Men don’t get seriously attractive until 35.

Jake, no problem. Jake is like good wine. As long as he is getting age he´s better.

Love him!

Hummm! He had cut his hair and beard finally!

Just a little bit of smile on that face would bring him a so sweet look !! I love it very much when he laughs

And + I don’t understand why he want to conceal those cool blue eyes with ugly sunglasses

@suzycreamcheese:
thats sooo sad
sick that he never reach his 30′s he suffered same fate as brandon lee

Oh come on. What’s the big deal? If you can’t hold it together at 30, what are you going to do at 50?

@suzycreamcheese: why must heath be briught up in anything related to jake,and its nothing good abt him dying at 28 u *****

Ich finde Jake einfach Klasse.Er sieht gut aus,er scheint recht bodenständig und höflich zu sein.Was man von viele Anderen nicht sagen kann.Also ich mag ihn.