Willow Smith: 'Whip My Hair' Video Premiere!!

Willow Smith: 'Whip My Hair' Video Premiere!!

Willow Smith rocks out in her brand new music video for “Whip My Hair”!

The 9-year-old daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith filled Ryan Seacrest in on the meaning of the song. “You can’t be afraid to be yourself,” Willow dished. “You have to be yourself and you can’t let anyone tell you that it’s wrong!”

The fun video was directed by Ray Kay and features a cameo from Willow‘s big bro, Jaden Smith!

FYI: Willow will perform her single in front of a live audience at The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Tuesday, November 2!

Willow Smith – ‘Whip My Hair’

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 79 » Show All

Lip-syncing already!?! i hope they don’t grow her up too fast…

@Mary:
Wow..Really?Some of u are just ridiculous. She’s 9. She looks 9, her video looks 9. She’s fully covered spreading paint with her braids. Get over yourselves and stop putting little girls down you bullies.

I hate that video. The song suck. What was her parents thinking. They should get slap for doing her hair that way.. WORST SONG & VIDEO EVER!!

too old to care.... @ 10/18/2010 at 8:21 pm

this reminds me of when raven symone was 5 and had that kiddie rap album. Anyone with me?

OK so i like it its cute and its fun i mean she’s nine,alot girls cant do it like that at nine and for people who don’t like it don’t comment because your just sounding like haters like come on mow she’s NINE give her a freaking break I love the song!

didine2222 @ 10/18/2010 at 8:30 pm

@Tiffani:

i bet ur punany is. idiot.

At least the children will listen to this rather than **** cyrus! honestly the song is harmless

Happy camoer @ 10/18/2010 at 8:38 pm

@Mary: THANK GOD WE DONT CARE FOR YOUR OPINION!!!!!

Never in my life have I seen a bunch of grown people hating on a little girl. You guys are S-T-U-P-I-D!!! What exactly was not age appropriate in this video? She didn’t curse, she didn’t say anything vulgar, and she definitely dressed like a 9 year old. You guys are just jealous you aren’t famous, rich, cute, and you don’t have your own video.

WTF is wrong with some of you? Its a MUSIC VIDEO(entertainment purposes) in which the kids are covered up, and paint splashes tie into a colorful kid-ish theme; which explains the crazy clothes, NOT LA fashion. And as far as DADDY’s MONEY goes….how is this any diff from a well-off family that pumps kids to Ivy Leauge Schools or a kid groomed to take over the family business? (mean nothing politically but George Bush is the best example of “HOMELY TALENTLESS” from daddys money and connections….fact). Will Smith has been very Successful on all 3 levels of showbiz(music,tv,movie), has a marriage that lasts, and is simply sharing his achievements with his kids, LIKE WE ALL WOULD. Oh, and the will smith ‘insulation from reality” theory is dumb. Why? bc he’s successful in his career and makes lots of money for it? I hope none of your family ever try anything worth doing bc f*ckers like urselves will try to shoot em down…BUT haters make the world go ’round…do ya thang, lil smith

Can we say auto-tuned?

melissa b @ 10/18/2010 at 9:23 pm

I was surprised that I actually liked it. It’s gonna be one of those songs that get stuck in your head. ‘I whip my hair’ and she actually SOUNDS good. She just seems so young to being this though. Like is she going to turn 25 and wish she could’ve just been a kid. For pete sake she’s only 9! How can you even possibly know what you wanna do when your 9, or should do??? So weird.

@Steve Jobs:

You have no idea what the priorities are in the Smith household! Keep the parenting advice to yourself.

Obviously this is what Willow wants to do. I don’t think her parents are pushing her to do anything but follow her dreams. She’s having fun. Great song and video!

People are not “Hating”. It’s just that America likes to see the old rags to riches story of people ACTUALLY working hard to get things. This child was created and made by her rich parents and their connection. She did not have to work hard at all this. Also, she should be playing not singing about “my swag on”. What about little girls with short hair? Will they feel alienated by this? Just awful nepotism. That is why people are upset. This is being shoved down our throats and you can’t escape it. Sick.

I find her adorable. Way to go Willow!

Awwww come on!!!! @ 10/18/2010 at 10:42 pm

She’s very talented!!

rowena2012 @ 10/18/2010 at 10:52 pm

@Mary:
wow its funny how shes being fully clothed and talking about her hair. thats obviously about as age appropriate as you can get in the music industry these days. i apologize 4 ur daughter or whoever u said she was. when she goes to college like i assume u want her too….she wont know what to do with herself because you lock her up. this is nice clean music. nothing dirty at all. and for all the other people out there that have negative comments, if you ever listen to any interviews you will find that she still goes to school and she has to be on top of her grades. to her, making music is a hobby right now, just like horseback riding or ballet. will n jada are not forcing her to do anything

@um:

Willow Smith look face her brother Jaden Smith.. Amazing! she only 9-year-old but singing well. Daddy Will Smith and mommy Jada Pinkett-Smith must be so proud!

Watch Willow Smith Whip My Hair Music Full Video with Audition: http://bit.ly/aEP1r2

Youthwisdom @ 10/18/2010 at 10:58 pm

It’s pretty f***ed up that people are HATING on a 9 year old!! She’didn’t get signed because of her parents, Jay Z said himself he heard her song without knowing it was and was like “This is HOT!” THEN he found out who she was.

you guys dont even give the damn girl a chance .. anywho, Willow, girl, your gonna go many places, love her! :)

THIS SONG AND THE VIDEO ARE FIRE!!! THAT’S WHAT’S UP! DO YA THING WILLOW!!

WOW! She’s only 9! What a talent! Awesome video

YES I SAID IT @ 10/18/2010 at 11:22 pm

For all the HATERS saying that A-) She only got a deal because of her parents SHE GOT THE DEAL BASED ON HER TALENT. JAY Z DIDN’T KNOW WHO SHE WAS WHEN HE HEARD THE SONG B-) She’s dressed inappropriately WTF? SHE IS NEVER INAPPROPRIATE AT ANY POINT IN THE VIDEO OR ANY OF THE PICTURES I’VE SEEN OF HER HER FAMILY HAS A GOOD GRASP ON MORALS, WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR THE LIKES OF ADULTS HATING ON A CHILD C-) “You’re too old for this” THEN BY ALL MEANS STFU !! IF YOU’RE TOO OLD DON’T WATCH THE VIDEO AND DEFINATELY DON’T LEAVE A COMMENT IDIOT! GO BACK TO THE 70′S WHERE YOU BELONG!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 79 » Show All