Greyson Chance: 'Waiting Outside The Lines' Premiere!

Greyson Chance: 'Waiting Outside The Lines' Premiere!

Six months ago, YouTube sensation Greyson Chance made a splash singing Lady Gaga‘s “Paparazzi” (it has 32,000,000 page views and counting).

On Tuesday, the 13-year-old debuted his first single, “Waiting Outside the Lines,” on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (he’s signed to her new record label, eleveneleven).

“Music is an art,” Greyson has said. “So my goal is to bring back the art and create a new sound for my music. I hope and pray that you all like the music and I love each and everyone of you.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Greyson Chance’s debut single?

Posted to: Greyson Chance

Christopher Polk/Getty

He has just a great voice.
This is what you call a true artist.. Sounds like a younger One Republic. I hope he goes far, cant wait to hear more.

Keep Up the Great work!

It’s a typical inspirational song, lyrics wise, but I’m excited about what it is musically. Like Joe said, a younger One Republic, only I think a little better. I want to hear more. The inspirational song is too cliche right now. We’ve had at least one as a top 10 hit every year for about 5 years now.

@Amy:

Yeah, because what we need are suicide-inducing, despair-inspiring sonic Emo vein drainers. ;)

Just jerking you around. Kids his age ought to be full of hopes and have high aspirations.

i hope he is not a new Biber

Wow, just awesome and natural voice.

I like it, he has a very interesting voice.

I love it, he deserves every praise he gets. This little guy is phenomenal!

He in no way resembles One Republic, nor is he better (too soon to say at the moment). I don’t think he sounds anything alike…

At first glance, I thought this was a Justin Bieber post and I was ready to rage against JJ, but this kid is pretty talented.

@Amy: 1 out of 10 for 5 years is 5 out of 50, which is 10%, that’s not a lot. Inspirational songs are classier than drugs, booze, and sex.

This kid has potential, but I think he needs to liven up his songs a bit more, glad to see Ellen helped him and I was surprised to hear about her record label, more power to Ellen.

Hope this kid finds his way, we don’t need another Justin Bieber, I love how this kid sings from the heart, rather than about love and girls which he’s never really been immersed in quite yet.

He sounds like a woman. That;s what is so “interesting” about his voice.

eyeh8twilight @ 10/26/2010 at 12:04 pm

I personally think he’s highly overrated. Justin Bieber is a better singer than him. I won’t be waiting outside a concert hall to see him after a concert.

I’m sorry, that’s just how I feel.

@eyeh8twilight: How is he ‘highly’ overrated. Poeple barely know this kid. If anything, your beloved Justin Bieber is!!!! God why can’t people see that bieber is just a passing fad. Ever Heard of Aaron Carter? Jesse McCartney? Exactly!

Amazing! Like others have said already, he has a great voice! But what I like about it, perhaps even more, is that is refreshing to hear a song like this after so much disco pop these past years.

His voice has brilliant emotion and power combined with the emphasis of piano it really is something good and unique. Far superior to certain other child celebrities that have fake processed and fully unoriginal autotuned hiphop nonsense.

Greyson’s got the chance to be something really unique and not turn into another Justin Bieber who’s simply become a tool for marketing and cash flow with a pretty face to sell it.

his voice is incredible for his age! great debut single. i’m glad he went this route instead of the cookie cutter bieber pop stuff. nothing but good vibes for him!

Omg so good !
Better than Justin !
He’s have a real talent.

TheBishIsBack @ 10/26/2010 at 1:05 pm

He sounds like Justin.
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Whiny prepubescent kids. what’s he like live? i hope he can sing.

Auto-tuned and bad songwriting – just like everything else out there – a shame, too, since it was so unnecessary to TOUCH that voice.

I really wish eleveneleven had eased on making him sound that way. This boy has obvious talent. Maybe people should be introduced to the way a real voice sounds. Imperfect.

All I know is that his live voice sounded pretty wonderful to listen to. Disappointed the music producer didn’t think so.

Auto-tune to the max.
u all seem to forget the kid is 12! what is he gonna be like in 3 or 4 yrs when his voice breaks? will he sing like this? i doubt it.
I blame studio fat cats they keep buying into these over hyped kids, and then milk them for all their worth. Same with Justin Bieber.

Auto-tune my ass… If you go to his youtube page all natural, his voice is just that good..adding his background vocals yes. thats all Greyson singing.
Sad to see everyone being negitive about someone living their dream.

As for the song being non pop tart cookie cutter, again go to his youtube back and here the two songs he wrote about a mom dying of cancer and the dad not long after dying of a broken heart and being there in the end with her… the kid knows what he’s doing and what he’s writing about.

greyson is much better than justin bieber

maggiexao @ 10/26/2010 at 2:12 pm

I looooooove it!!
never got the justin bieber thing but here u can hear a really brilliant voice, the age isn’t what it’s about..

I love his voice. It’s so beautiful. I still can’t believe he’s only 13.

Annoyedandconfused @ 10/26/2010 at 2:41 pm

What knowing a celebrity will get you. You can be horrible and they will make you a star. He’s 12 and his voice kept crackin and squeely. But the teeny boppers will go crazy for him

boring an generic. i’m not impressed.

UGH. This is the best they could come up with? The song is generic anc cliche. There is nothing new or uplifting about this song at all. Now that he’s going to go mainstream, you’re gonna see how all the ppl loved him and think he’s an amazing talent are going to get annoyed and hate on the kid. Same thing happened to Justin Bieber. Before he became huge, ppl were watching his youtube vids and praising his talents. Now ppl hate him. And just because he doesn’t sing danceable music doesn’t mean he’s more legit than Justin. You ppl are bias and ignorant.

laverdadduele @ 10/26/2010 at 3:30 pm

Big disappointment! I had high hopes for this kid when I saw him on Ellen, but this sounds like all the c.r.a.p. out there. Next!

Not sure if it’s my type of music, but he has a great voice! Greyson seems like a really genuine, nice kid and I hope he goes far!!

lmfao, sounds like the jonas brothers.

terrible. and im not hating on him, he seems sweet. hatin on the song.

I loved it!!
creo que el tiene un gran talento, y con millones cosas que decir….

Justin B already loses his crown!
God! Too fast!
Next please!

Oh God NO,Justin Bieber the second.But he had a amazing voice

I dislike him his voice annoys me we’ve all got our opinion’s & their’s mine

He does not sound anything like Justin Bieber.
Greyson Chance is so much better.

Ohhhh the song sounds so One Republic-like! I like …

Anyway, he’s the new Justin Bieber and a young Justin Timberlake combined.

Great voice. he will go far….

lovelydee @ 10/27/2010 at 1:07 am

This boy is so talented
he is the Next Big Thing and
that song is amazing he has
a killer voice for just 13.

Jokergurl @ 10/27/2010 at 1:08 am

He sounds like a younger Justin Bieber, nice voice though, better harmony than Bieber.

Great voice and song…love it…

AMENSISTER @ 10/27/2010 at 2:36 am

he got the pipes OF THAT THERE IS NO DOUBT

but the song is depressing.

hey dont compare this kid to that ****** bieber. He’s different. He has real voice and he’s a good pianist. that’s named TALENT

musiclover @ 10/29/2010 at 10:31 am

i love this kid. can’t wait for his CD to come out. i absolutely love this song. he does sound like a yound one republic.

Astonished @ 10/30/2010 at 12:23 am

So talented. Incredible. Well done. Real artist. Love it love it love it. Been waiting for someone like him. Can really sing too. wow!

Why is everyone so negative? @ 10/31/2010 at 2:22 pm

To all the negative people out there- what had you accomplished by the age of 13? In fact- how many of us can say we do ANYTHING well enough to get the notice of over a million people. Maybe you don’t like his style of music. But he’s ONLY 13! Paul Anka & Wayne Newton started young. They made tons of money and ended up heading Vegas shows.

love the song. It kind of reminds me of Elton John.

@Daniel:
Dude I respect your opinion and comment but GC Is HEAVILY AUTOTUNED!!!

@JOE: His album is HEAVILY auto tuned FACT. He has a good voice but his album is autotuned. Its a real shame especially when its unnessesary. Just like glossy photoshoped magazines it creates unrealistic expectations from artists.