Greyson Chance: 'Waiting Outside The Lines' Premiere!

Greyson Chance: 'Waiting Outside The Lines' Premiere!

Six months ago, YouTube sensation Greyson Chance made a splash singing Lady Gaga‘s “Paparazzi” (it has 32,000,000 page views and counting).

On Tuesday, the 13-year-old debuted his first single, “Waiting Outside the Lines,” on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (he’s signed to her new record label, eleveneleven).

“Music is an art,” Greyson has said. “So my goal is to bring back the art and create a new sound for my music. I hope and pray that you all like the music and I love each and everyone of you.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Greyson Chance’s debut single?

Posted to: Greyson Chance

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All
Annoyedandconfused @ 10/26/2010 at 2:41 pm

What knowing a celebrity will get you. You can be horrible and they will make you a star. He’s 12 and his voice kept crackin and squeely. But the teeny boppers will go crazy for him

boring an generic. i’m not impressed.

UGH. This is the best they could come up with? The song is generic anc cliche. There is nothing new or uplifting about this song at all. Now that he’s going to go mainstream, you’re gonna see how all the ppl loved him and think he’s an amazing talent are going to get annoyed and hate on the kid. Same thing happened to Justin Bieber. Before he became huge, ppl were watching his youtube vids and praising his talents. Now ppl hate him. And just because he doesn’t sing danceable music doesn’t mean he’s more legit than Justin. You ppl are bias and ignorant.

laverdadduele @ 10/26/2010 at 3:30 pm

Big disappointment! I had high hopes for this kid when I saw him on Ellen, but this sounds like all the c.r.a.p. out there. Next!

Not sure if it’s my type of music, but he has a great voice! Greyson seems like a really genuine, nice kid and I hope he goes far!!

lmfao, sounds like the jonas brothers.

terrible. and im not hating on him, he seems sweet. hatin on the song.

I loved it!!
creo que el tiene un gran talento, y con millones cosas que decir….

Justin B already loses his crown!
God! Too fast!
Next please!

Oh God NO,Justin Bieber the second.But he had a amazing voice

I dislike him his voice annoys me we’ve all got our opinion’s & their’s mine

He does not sound anything like Justin Bieber.
Greyson Chance is so much better.

Ohhhh the song sounds so One Republic-like! I like …

Anyway, he’s the new Justin Bieber and a young Justin Timberlake combined.

Great voice. he will go far….

lovelydee @ 10/27/2010 at 1:07 am

This boy is so talented
he is the Next Big Thing and
that song is amazing he has
a killer voice for just 13.

Jokergurl @ 10/27/2010 at 1:08 am

He sounds like a younger Justin Bieber, nice voice though, better harmony than Bieber.

Great voice and song…love it…

AMENSISTER @ 10/27/2010 at 2:36 am

he got the pipes OF THAT THERE IS NO DOUBT

but the song is depressing.

hey dont compare this kid to that ****** bieber. He’s different. He has real voice and he’s a good pianist. that’s named TALENT

musiclover @ 10/29/2010 at 10:31 am

i love this kid. can’t wait for his CD to come out. i absolutely love this song. he does sound like a yound one republic.

Astonished @ 10/30/2010 at 12:23 am

So talented. Incredible. Well done. Real artist. Love it love it love it. Been waiting for someone like him. Can really sing too. wow!

Why is everyone so negative? @ 10/31/2010 at 2:22 pm

To all the negative people out there- what had you accomplished by the age of 13? In fact- how many of us can say we do ANYTHING well enough to get the notice of over a million people. Maybe you don’t like his style of music. But he’s ONLY 13! Paul Anka & Wayne Newton started young. They made tons of money and ended up heading Vegas shows.

love the song. It kind of reminds me of Elton John.

@Daniel:
Dude I respect your opinion and comment but GC Is HEAVILY AUTOTUNED!!!

@JOE: His album is HEAVILY auto tuned FACT. He has a good voice but his album is autotuned. Its a real shame especially when its unnessesary. Just like glossy photoshoped magazines it creates unrealistic expectations from artists.

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All