James Cameron: 'Avatar 2' AND 'Avatar 3' Are on the Way!

James Cameron: 'Avatar 2' AND 'Avatar 3' Are on the Way!

James Cameron has signed on to make Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 his next projects!

“Our goal is to meet and exceed the global audience’s expectations for the richness of Avatar’s visual world and the power of the storytelling,” the Oscar-winning director said in a statement. “I’m looking forward to returning to Pandora, a world where our imaginations can run wild.”

Both sequels to highest-grossing movie of all time will tie up James until December 2015, which has forced him to withdraw from the upcoming Cleopatra film with Angelina Jolie, according to Deadline.

ARE YOU EXCITED for Avatar 2 and Avatar 3?

Credit: Roger Kisby; Photos: Getty
Posted to: James Cameron

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

i am not excited..i dont think he needed to make sequels but whatever…

Avatar is so overrated…

you know what, avatar might be the highest money crossing film, but who is it going to remember it after 20 or 10 years? titanic and star wars are more epic than this. do u even remember a quote from avatar?titanic:Jack! I am flying!
star wars:…so many quotes!like, may the Force be with you
whatever, just selling..

power of the storytelling? avatar is plain and boring, also very overrated.
i’m not excited at all.

ck_always @ 10/28/2010 at 9:11 am

He looks like Jigsaw in that picture, lol. Movies will still be good and make hundreds of millions as long as they’re as visually stunning as the first.

Wow! That is some endeavor. Sad that he wont be remaking Cleopatra. He would do an amazing job with that.

xo
Rants, Thoughts & Merde

zzz$$$zzzz$$$zzzzz @ 10/28/2010 at 9:22 am

how corporate of you

Good morring folks

The Doctor Is In @ 10/28/2010 at 9:45 am

Two more films of his that I won’t be seeing.

Butter_Fly @ 10/28/2010 at 9:58 am

Good God! No! Just kidding…it was just alright. It isn’t as great as Hollywood is making it out to be.

Better_Off @ 10/28/2010 at 10:20 am

I hear the Blue Man Group will make a cameo appearance, but seriously. James Cameron makes some great visual films and there’s no denying that. When the 2nd comes out I’ll pay — story aside of course, but the audio/visual wow factor alone will do it for me.

Dianna Knows Best @ 10/28/2010 at 10:44 am

So hoping to copy Pocahontas 2 and 3?

I’ll be watching and quite frankly I’m sure he’ll do fine with these sequels world-wide. Sorry haters!

I havent seen avatar 1 yet

Avatar was ok … the 3d was gimmicky at best … no sequels needed

Please don’t ruin a brilliant franchise by having unneeded sequels! they’re not needed! >_<

No, I’m not excited. I wasn’t excited sitting for 3 hours watching smurfs with steroids fly around, won’t be excited for watching 6 additional hours of that.

If he’s dropping out of Cleopatra because of the sequels, that is REALLY too bad. I would love to see a Cameron/Jolie masterpiece. It should be interesting – for lack of a better word – to see how he moves forward with Avatar.

LAME! Cameron needs to get over himself…..

The comments here are so stupid haha… why are you guys so upset that Cameron is trying to make Avatar into a franchise? He already planned to long before this signing even happened. Avatar was a huge huge huge success, broke records, even the DVD sales broke records. Just because you guys didn’t enjoy it doesn’t make the records any less relevant, and of course Avatar “doesn’t need a sequel” because the first one is so great it could stand alone. I don’t see anyone whining about Christopher Nolan making another Batman film (which is awesome as well). I’ll definitely be watching both in theatres.

How can he ‘withdraw’ from Cleopatra if he was only ‘talking’ about it. He never said he’d do Cleopatra in the first place. From his early comment, I didn’t think he would be doing it anyway. He said something like, ‘regardless who’s directing
(Cleopatra), it’ll be a great movie’. He had to know at the time that he would be doing Avatar 2 and 3 even if it wasn’t announced. I think being in talks for Cleopatra was just another feed for his too big ego.
As for Avatar, he has a built in audience because of the success of the first one. I don’t think his ego could take failure, so it’s better for him to work on something he knows will bring in the big box office numbers. Because of the success of the original, he can tie down a larger upfront salary and percentage. I bet he’s still p*issed off about not getting the Oscar. It doesn’t matter that many people who actually saw Avatar thought it was over-rated and even some thought it wasn’t very good except for the special effects, most of them will see the second and the third one..
I didn’t see the first one and don’t plan on seeing the other two; heck, I didn’t even see Titanic. lol. The blue people creep me out and visually, too much blue gives me a headache. Frankly, even if the people were pink I don’t think I’d be interested in the movie.

No I’m definitely not =/

I bet they’ll suck. You cant’ get any better than the first one

Jokergurl @ 10/28/2010 at 8:55 pm

I still haven’t seen Avatar, it just looks so cheesy and Sam Worthington just doesn’t do it for me at all, put Johnny Depp in one and I will watch it.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All