Mariah Carey: Pregnant Afterall!

Mariah Carey: Pregnant Afterall!

Mariah Carey has officially confirmed that she and husband Nick Cannon are expecting a baby in the spring.

After months of speculation about her pregnancy, the 40-year-old singer spoke with Access Hollywood‘s Billy Bush about the good news.

“Yes, we are pregnant, this is true!” Mariah shared. “It’s been a long journey. It’s been tough because I’ve been trying to hold on to a shred of privacy.”

“The greatest gift on earth is a child,” Nick said in the interview. “We’ve had names picked out from the first day we met and we want to stay true to that.”

Congrats to the happy couple!

wow so shocked and surprised!!!!!! NOT

Well I’m very happy for her! I love Mimi, and I suspected that she’d had miscarriages before. He’s right – kids are a great gift. Too many people take them for granted.

THAT IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!

congrats to her and her hubby

So ..who got her pregnant? No way in hell Nick Cannon can do that.

Im so so happy for her! Im sure she will be a good mom and nick will be a good dad too!

laverdadduele @ 10/28/2010 at 10:15 am

Congratulations Mariah and Nick! It’s nice to see a couple who gets married before having children. May God give you a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Congrats Mimi and Nick!!!

@ck_always: LMAO it sure was a mission for him I can tell you that for sure!!! brave guy

Oh my I just saw on the Access interview that she had a miscarriage before, that is so sad. now i wish her even more luck with this pregnancy!

Congrats!!! But poor kid

Happy news! Congrats to the parents-to-be. I can understand their need to keep it private after their miscarriage.

you can’t always plan when your going to have a child marriage doesn’t guarentee a stable loving home. being skittish after a miscarriage to confirm a new pregnancy is perfectly normal because it’s hard for the would-be parents to attach to the idea of actually having a healthy child let alone actually having one.

she didn’t neccessarily use fertility treatments stars have been having children around at or over 40 for decades examples include Patricia Neal had her 5th child at 39 Stella McCartney is having her 4th child at 39 Geena Davis had her twin boys at 48 ect. ect

Lilakoi Moon @ 10/28/2010 at 11:08 am

She’s had miscarriages?!? Aww, that’s so sad. =( I wish them the best of luck for this pregnancy. I’m excited :) I’ve always wondered how great it would be to have a mini Mimi =) Can’t waiiiiit to see the little one <3

@Nicole: You are disgusting.

@15 It was a miscarriage you dumbass

Awww! Congratulations! :)

That will be the most spoiled baby in the world. A little Diva wearing pink diapers and high heels by the time she is two like Suri. Congratualtions MIMI I know you waited for this a long time. I really like the way Nick dotes on Mariah and treats her like a queen. Celine Dion’s husband is the same way.

For those people who says negative things about Mariah Carey’s pregnancy, “So ..who got her pregnant? No way in hell Nick Cannon can do that.” “But poor kid.” “The woman is insane. I wonder if the kid will grow up mentally stable. Anyways Im sorry for that abortion she had.”

If you can’t say anything good about it then shut up. What will you feel if someone, even a stranger says that to you? You won’t be happy. And Nicole before saying that Mariah is insane, ain’t you insane enough to drag the baby in your hateful remarks? Grow up.

I’m so glad i was waiting these news for so long !

some people consider an abortion and a miscarriage the same thing. yeah it ends the same dreams but an abortion can be prevented a miscarriage can’t unless the mother is put on montiored bed rest the next pregnancy. So is Jamie Cullum with Sophie Dahl and was Amy Adams’s fiance Darren Le Gallo while she was pregnant with their daughter Aviana. I could picture Nick and Mariah naming a little girl Maureen to honor Mariah’s irish herritage or Ava eve [as maybe Nick is a fan of the actress Ava Gardner and maybe eve is either a family name on one side of their family or one of them is a fan of them movie The Three Faces Of Eve}

OMG, they are pregnant and it is so great. Mariah will make a great mom and what a lovely couple. Congratulations.

Supergirl @ 10/28/2010 at 1:32 pm

People should stop slagging her off and leave her alone!
Glad she’s happy and hope she has a trouble free pregnancy!

Congrats, the child will have two great parents.

Cristobal @ 10/28/2010 at 1:59 pm

Congrats to them both.

WHO IS SALT ? @ 10/28/2010 at 2:07 pm

I am glad for Mariah ! Congrats !

In Spring!?? Judging from how she’s showing I would ahve assumed in January or so.

uh when your older you show sooner or she could be gestational diabetic so it’s going to show sooner. which wouldn’t be a surprise with her history of hypoglysemia {low Blodd Sugar}. they could be telling the truth about the due date which would make her about 3 1/2 months or so now so she’d be due in late April early may. though first borns usually come late

Awww what a blessing! So happy for her!!!

CONGRATS NICK AND MARIAH

Why do some celebs try to hide the fact they’re prego for as long as possible? I would rather people know I’m pregnant instead of them saying I’m getting fat.

she looked like an official 250 pound pig last time at some event wearing disgusting mini dress of course we could see her belly in there!

Jokergurl @ 10/28/2010 at 9:00 pm

Congrats to both of them, I kind of suspected Mariah was preganant she just had that radiance to her that preggers women get.

George William Gockel @ 10/28/2010 at 11:20 pm

Congratulations to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon.

Congrats to Nick and Mariah!

Congrats. I’ve been waiting for a little Mimi for a long time.

Finally an excuse for weight gain that we can believe!

good news! I’m so happy for them. I hope that her pregnancy would b trouble free and that people who said so much horros about her would shut up now. Congratulations Nick and Mariah? love ya

@Leesa:
You fail to realize that you don’t know exactly when they had the miscarriage. She could have been pregnant before and gotten decently far along before losing it. Plus everyone shows differently at different times. I started showing with my son (my first child, second pregnancy) when I was still in my first trimester.
and I also have many friends who are already past week 20, know if they are having a boy or girl, are showing, AND are all due in the first week of April. Go back and check your math again.
My condolences to Mariah and Nick. Its never easy to deal with a miscarriage, no matter if the child was planned or a surprise blessing. Happy and healthy pregnancy and I’m sure you’ll be good parents.
But I have to agree with another commenter about how spoiled the kid will be. I just hope it doesn’t turn out like many star’s kids now days do with this sense of entitlement.

So happy for diva!
love her new xmas album

IM SO GLAD SHE KEEP IT A SECRET.

GOING THROUGH A MISCARRIAGE MYSELF, IT IS A VERY DEPRESSING TIME. TO LOSE A BABY WITH EVERYONE KNOWING YOUR PREGNANT IS A TERRIBLE FEELING. SO, JUST IN CASE IT DIDN’T WORK OUT THIS TIME, SHE WANTED TO MOURN IN PEACE WITHOUT THE MEDIA ALL IN HER BUSINESS!!!

CONGRATS TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!

they so deserve this Mariah has always loved children. besides every three months has 13 weeks not 12 which means 3 1/2 months is 15 weeks. most celebrities who have had losses before wait until they know their baby is healthy and not going anywhere to announce a new pregnancy only normal and 80% of first or first successful pregnancies go overdue anyway unless the child gets to big or the mother has an imcompotent cervix Mariah looks to me like she’s having a girl a woman having a girl tends to have a fuller face than one having a boy does not that the sex of the child matters as long as mother and child are healthy

Bishop Walter Dixon @ 10/29/2010 at 5:46 pm

October 29, 2010 3:30 P.M.

Bishop Walter Dixon of Atlanta, GA Prayer and Official Press Release Congratulating Mariah Carey and Husband Nick Cannon On Their Second Journey Blessed By The Father, Son and Holy Spirit As Expecting Parents To Be.

Our Father Who Are In Heaven,

Lord I pray to you at this moment for our sister in “Christ” your child Mariah and her unborn child that through your will you allow her to bring into this world a life of balance. We pray for whatever our sister and your child “Mariah” may need that it will be blessed by you through her husband Nick and that this baby can continue to grow and develope as it should, be it a boy or girl, this child will be carried thru full term and born normal and healthy.

Mariah is truly one of “Hollywood Greatest Icon Entertainer” the world has ever known. My prayer will continue to go out to her and husband Nick Cannon and to their spiritual blessed unborn child.

God provided “This Sister in Christ” a spiritual gift that only God can give and I pray she continue to value and use her voice and acting career not for her purpose but for the purpose of entertaining the world as she have.

May you continue to be blessed and always keep “Your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” first in everything you and Nick do and remember to keep giving “God” the glory!

Nick I want you to keep in mind, while Mariah is your wife and the both of you are one, she will always be shared around the world with millions. Mariah stay healthy and May” God” bring you and Nick all of the happiness and peace a wife and husband can enjoy.

Bishop Walter Dixon
Forgiveness Missionary Church of Christ
bishopwldixon@yahoo.com
P.O. Box 832161
Stone Mountain, GA U.S.A. 30083

pregnancy agrees with her beautifully she and Nick are both so happy. and as a long time fan I couldn’t be happier for her. for a woman miscarriage is one of the most devastating things that can happen to her heart and Psyche because she’s attached to the baby emotionally and spiritually before she even takes the positive pregnancy test

I hope the baby will be the same color as mariah and more talent of course!

mariah is fair like she is because of her german/irish herritage from her mother so the baby will be a quarter german a quarter irish a quarter african american and a quarter venezuelan. not that it matters as long as Mariah and baby are both healthy and happy it’s so sad that they had to suffer through that heartache in private when she knows her fans would’ve supported her had she felt comfortable enough to come out.

Great Nick will have someone to play with!

Congrats NICK and MARIAH, ya’ll and Jay -z and beyonce are my favorite hollywood couples, I can’t wait to see what the baby looks like.

grkdancer1 @ 12/12/2010 at 9:35 pm

i love shakira and her comment. did i mention i love shakira. oh by the way, congrads Maria. God bless you and your future baby..

AWWWW CONGRATS BUT IN HER FACE SHE LOOKS FATTER!!!!!

AWWWW CONGRATS BUT IN HER FACE SHE LOOKS FATTER!!!!!

Maria Carey was our fantasy when we were in high school. We’re happy for her. Hope this ends in a happy ending.