Celine Dion's Twins: Nelson & Eddy!

Celine Dion's Twins: Nelson & Eddy!

Celine Dion and Rene Angelil have announced the names of their newborn sons!

The fraternal twin boys, born on Saturday (October 23) are named Nelson and Eddy, after Nelson Mandela and songwriter Eddy Marnay.

“They do look alike,” Rene shared with Etalk earlier this week. “But maybe they won’t look alike in a few months because they are not identical twins.”

Nelson and Eddy join big brother Rene Charles, 9.

The couple announced the happy news on a telecast on Quebec’s television network TVA.

Congratulations to the happy family – can’t wait to see photos of Nelson and Eddy!

Credit: Larry Busacca; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Celebrity Babies, Celine Dion, Eddy Angelil, Nelson Angelil, Rene Angelil

• Elisabetta Canalis talks about her ex-boyfriend George Clooney- US Weekly
  • Wiz Khalifa's upcoming concert has been cancelled after deadly shooting- TMZ
  • Watch a new trailer for The Brittany Murphy Story- Gossip Cop
  • Watch Janel Parrish do the Ice Bucket Challenge- Just Jared Jr
  • Sleepy Hollow will be streamed on Hulu Plus- Entertainment Weekly
  • Watch some of the craziest Emmy acceptance speeches of all time- Huffington Post
  • Who is Jamie Blackley?- Lainey Gossip
  • Bates Motel star Freddie Highmore sold a comedy to NBC- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Ola Jordan knows how to show off her assets- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Over 15,000 names and they choose Nelson and Eddy? Oh, Celine, my fellow Canadian, what are you thinking??? s’il vous plait reexaminer, s’il vous plait – - rapide!!!!

Somehow these names don’t fit for them. I can sure think of many that are better. Kinda disappointing.

I don’t like the names… :(

It took her almost a week to come up with names for these kids and all she could come up with is Nelson and Eddy???? Really…Really!!!!!! She could have at least gave the one kid the full name of Edward.

From Paris with Love @ 10/28/2010 at 10:48 pm

Well I wouldn’t chose those for my kid but i think they are ok names and i like the fact that they are totally normal. O_o Brooklyn, Cruz, Bronx, Pax, Maddox, Knox, Zuma Nesta, Kingston, Egypt LMAO
Plus they work both in english and french. The only thing odd is that the big bother René Charles has such a classical old fashioned name compared to the twins, hopefully they call him charlie lol

@Sam:

Wow, where did you learn you French, fellow faker? I bet you google in the automatic translator, il aurait fallu lire: au plus vite, ostie d’épais!

To get back to the topic, Celine said she named her twins Eddy because of Eddy Marnay, one of her favorite singer. And then Nelson is for Nelson Mandela, who really inspired Céline when she met him in South Africa during her Taking Chances Tour.

I bet nobody at Just jared actually speak french, they just checked quickly in twitter. Bande de cons, arrêtez d’être centrés sur vous-mêmes un peu les Américains et essayez d’apprendre une autre langue… But i’m asking too much! ahah!

Lol…..they’re very prim and proper.

@From Paris with Love:

Reading your comment, I just realized that “Bronx, Pax, Maddox, Knox” ended with X. That’s how you can tell that hollywood names are so unusual that a majority of them end in X of all letters. I wonder if Angelina and Brad were trying to make all the names of their boys end with an X

I wish Celine had chosen french name for her boys. I like Guillome and Jean-Phillipe

@Alex: Ouain, t’es pas l’seul à penser ca… à chaque fois qu’il y a quelque chose de relié au francais, on dirait que tout le monde sait parler francais, mais quand t’es rendu à les lire, t’es comme “ok, ca, ca vient de google traduction!” Perso, j’trouve que ces prénoms fit beaucoup moins en francais… on dirait que le québécois a été délaissé de ce côté!

I can’t picture babies when i read those names… plus, fits well in english but not that much in french, compared to René-Charles. the inspiration behind them was sure different…!

‘Alex’ mauvaix, mon petit tou tou! But I’m sure you got all of your enlightning Celine information from her personally? Maybe Rene told you? Oh wait, perhaps vous avez regarde sur google (no capital on the google, bien!!) imaginer!!

‘Beamie’ – funny funny funny! Don’t agree about the religious part though, this post has nothing to do with religion! I am Canadian, I speak both our official languages et je suis fier!

I agree with your comment on the names – doesn’t fit as well as their first son’s name. Not what I expeceted either. Perhaps Sebastien et Phillipe??

siennagold @ 10/29/2010 at 2:36 am

Nelson and Eddy? Very boring names.

Lilakoi Moon @ 10/29/2010 at 4:00 am

@Alex: LMAO!!!!! Non, non, t’es pas le seul Français. C’est pas parce qu’on parle Anglais la plupart du temps qu’on est tous des fakers. Mais bon, j’suis d’accord avec toi, j’aurai pu avaler le Français de Sam si ce n’est ce “rapide!!!!” qui fait trop “fast!!!!” :)

Lilakoi Moon @ 10/29/2010 at 4:03 am

I don’t like those names either. Especially Eddy. But oh well, whatever floats their boat. It’s their kids after all.

Neslon Angelil and Eddy Angelil….pretty cool

Hmm those names are a bit…boring. I was expecting French names!

And I hope Eddy is short for Edward. Because just Eddy kind of sucks, sorry.

I actually think Marnay sounds nicer than Eddy. :/

Why not name them Mandela and Marnay to make it more hip? But cool they were named after men of great standing. Cool.

Butter_Fly @ 10/29/2010 at 9:07 am

I don’t really care for the names Nelson and Eddy (don’t really care for the spelling either). I’m more into uncommon names but not where it’s borderline stupid, like Apple. I already have my son’s name (if I ever have any kids lol) picked out after looking through a family book. It’s definitely original. But it’s all up to the parents, just go with what feels right.

‘Lilakoi Moon’ LOL! I meant FAST, very FAST. Those names are not right for those babies (yes I know they are their babies). Guess young ReneCharles got to help, they did say he wanted ‘American’ sounding names’. Hmmmmmm). Yes I can speak/write French, not as well as
I do my first language which is English but I work in at a bilingual job and after 18 years at the same job, not one complaint au sujet de mon francaise. merci

lol@ Nelson and Eddy. I’m so sorry, but those names are just so , so.. hell I can’t eveb find the word for it lol. Nelson Eddy was a singer and movie star from the 30′ and 40′s.

Tu as raison. Je pense comme toi!!!!

@From Paris with Love:

If I may point out at least Pax and Maddox are from Asian countries and their names were chosen to reflect their heritage. Knox is a fine southern name and having lived in the south I know several Knox”s.

Nelson and Eddy while boring and dated are hardly weird. They are more nerdish than anything. If the kids were “normal” kids born to “normal” couples, no doubt they might be teased in school for their names. But they are going to join to the Zuma’s and Egypts in their private, exclusive, very posh schools.

waycross48 @ 10/29/2010 at 1:56 pm

EDDY ANGELIL!!! Just rolls right off the tongue, doesn’t it? Nelson isn’t quite as bad and I do understand why she chose both names – they each mean a lot to Celine personally, especially Eddy. But, it’s the kids who will have to live with those names, especially poor Eddy!!! I wish people would THINK about how names will affect children later in life. Of course, these don’t measure up to Apple, or Budweiser – those are the REAL winners. Seriously, considering Celine and Rene’s French roots, Eddy really just does not fit. Rene Charles is a lovely name = goes great with Angelil but these names just don’t fit with the family name. Sorry , that’s how I feel. But, they are not my babies – they are hers and she obviously can name them whatever she chooses. Just wish she had thought more about how they sound.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All