Lily Allen Suffers Miscarriage

Lily Allen Suffers Miscarriage

Lily Allen has suffered a miscarriage after nearly six months of pregnancy.

The 25-year-old British singer and her beau, Sam Cooper, had shared the news of her pregnancy after she was given the go-ahead after the third month.

“It is with great sadness that we have to confirm that Lily Allen and Sam Cooper have lost their baby,” her rep said to the UKPA. “The couple ask that their privacy be respected and that they be left alone at this deeply distressing time. No further comment will be made.”

Lily miscarried back in January of 2008 after conceiving with partner Ed Simons.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lily and Sam during this difficult time.

Credit: Ian Gavan; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Lily Allen

Ethan Miller/Getty

What a relief! Maybe a sign she wasnt fit to be a mother. Move on.

Oh sh…t….so sorry…:(
6 Months, it’s hard…

Come on Thai, I’m not a huge fan of her, but come on, remember, you’re supposed to have a heart.

So sad. Thai you should be ashamed of your comment!

OMG so sad :’( !!! Thai you’re an idiot.

Thai, that’s an absolutely vile thing to say. If you’d ever lost a child you might understand how devastating it is.

@Thai:
You´re an idiot.

@Thai: You’re such an assbutt.

Poor Lily… that’s so sad. :(

Oh Im not a fan but I feel so much empathy or her!

How awful. Can’t believe she’s had two miscarriages and she’s so young. I’m NOT blaming her, but it just goes to show you gotta take care of yourself (no drugs/hard living). However, it’s possible there’s some biological/anatomical abnormality which is causing these.

Poor thing; hope she’ll be alright.

heart breaking… Thai drop dead.

poor woman, 2 times in a row..hope she can cope with it this time
love her

That is terrible news. I hope she hasn’t continued to smoke and drink during her pregnancy coz if so, I hope she has realised that it IS true that those things have an impact on the baby.

That must be so hearbreaking. A second miscarriage and one at 6 months. I wish her all the best at this time.

this is awful!!!Poor Lily!!its just horrible(

OMG I’m so sorry. this must be soo hard on her.

I really hope she and her boyfriend find a way thru this and try again when the time is right.

And I’m sure that one day she will be a Mom, one way or another.

OMG This is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to both of them. I hope that she can heal and one day be blessed with a healthy child!

AussieTBfan @ 11/01/2010 at 9:32 am

She must be devastated, my thoughts go out to her and her partner, and her family. Thai, the less air given to your inhuman remarks the better – where is your soul?

This is depressing.

I’m 5 months along and this makes my heart break. I feel so sorry for her. I hope she gets married and tries again with a lifetime love. So, so sad. Best wishes for you Lily and all the expecting moms to be out there. Hopefully, you all will be blessed with happy, healthy children and cherish them.

AussieTBfan @ 11/01/2010 at 9:45 am

Can I just add that its not right to speculate on the cause of the miscarriage, we should only sympathise. It happens to a lot of women (1 in 4) but no matter what stage of pregnancy it happens in, it is utterly devastating for everyone involved. Her partner would be suffering just as much. Whether you like her music or not is irrelevant.
Sending lots of love out into the universe for Lily and any woman that has suffered a miscarriage.

Lilly – this is just terrible. I have no words.

at six months it would be a stillborn not a miscarriage the cut off to be considered a miscarriage is 24 weeks. Nor is Lily the first star to suffer 2 miscarriages in a row Sophia Loren had two before she had her two sons. granted the two aren’t in the same league.

god bless Lily and Sam after this painful loss

How sad. Words cannot express!

That’s so sad!! I’m so sorry for her! Hope she’ll be able to stay as strong as last time.

This is sad. So many women out there who have had problems carrying out their pregnancies know how she feels.

Maybe the third time’s the charm, Lily? Don’t give up :)

Oh shooot.. this is not something I wanted to read this morning :( I’m really sorry for Lily; no woman should have to go through this, especially it being her second.

jesus at six months, thats horrible, that fetus was a child, how odd, she might have an anatomical problem with causes the miscarriagse, don’t worrry there is hope, get a doctor to figure out the problem and you’ll be fine!

2 miscarriages at the age of 25. That’s so sad. :(

I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s awful. Maybe the third time, she might inject a drug that would prevent any miscarriages. That’s what my mom did when she had me.

omg poor Lily! This is so sad, I can’t believe this…poor girl :’( I hope she&her bf will feel better soon..I’m sure they’re devistated..this is so sad :’( Love you Lily..hang in there

marijohanna @ 11/01/2010 at 10:36 am

I’m sorry for Lily. Next time take more care of yourself.

This is extremely terrible. G-d bless you and Sam…

Im sorry for Lily. What can happen to her that she has had 2 miscarriages??

sometimes it just happens that way and at 6 months it’s a stillborn not a miscarriage

Karma for all the trash she talked about people over the years.

this is so, so sad…stay strong lily….

I am so sorry to hear about LIly Allen miscarraige. i know she was very excited about this one. I pray that she can go on w/ life despite what ‘s happened. life does go on but this is the time to grieve. god bless them both.

Emma Hooper @ 11/01/2010 at 11:34 am

@Thai: Heaven forbid you should ever lose a child. Do you personally know Lilly, to berate her so? Or are you just being ignorant, moronic and a bit of a g*t? Losing a child breaks a persons heart and soul. Be careful what you say, the karma police will get you. I hope no one ever says such horrible things back to you. Moron.

Reality Check @ 11/01/2010 at 11:42 am

Jared, perhaps you could choose not to post such news and give the total monsters like Thai an occasion to act!

@Cheery: Really? Is it really possible that it was biology? Thanks for enlightening me.

Whoever wrote this article is a moron. She did not have a miscarriage, it is a stillbirth! Any loss of a baby over 20 weeks is a stillbirth. My heart breaks for her, what a horrible tragedy.

To go through it twice…to want it so badly…to think with certainty it’s coming after six months…..too sad. So sorry for her, hope she can make it through this.

laverdadduele @ 11/01/2010 at 12:11 pm

I feel bad for her loss, but can’t help to think this has to do with all the years of booze and drugs use.

We shouldn’t speculate as to what caused this to happen, for all we know she has a medical problem. Lots of people have trouble getting pregnant and carrying a child to term, to lose a baby at six months has got to be heart breaking and traumatic, I think we should keep Lily in our prayers. I hope she has friends and family around to support her after this, she’s had issues with alcohol and drugs before and this is the kind of thing that can make people relapse. Really hope she’ll be alright, she is a talented performer.

I was afraid she would have to endure that again… Very sad. I feel sorry for her. Best wishes girl, keep faith !

I am also 6 months pregnant and baby is considered viable, meaning he could survive if born, although the chances are around 40 percent right now. I found comfort in that until I read this. The wording should be changed. This was a still birth, not a miscarriage. My heart dropped when I read this. I would not know how to carry on.

my cousin miscarried! she was so devastated and suffered from serious depression. I hope Lily gets help and support. it’s not nice to say mean things about a situation like this.

Blueberry @ 11/01/2010 at 1:43 pm

TO STOP SPECULATION: She had a viral infection and was not allowed drugs because of the baby, (she was supposed to perform at Elton John’s party Saturday night but pulled out) my guess is the infection killed the baby. Not even relevant, this is heartbreaking news whatever happened.

its actually not called a miscarriage. during the first 3 months of pregnancy its called a miscarriage. but after that, its called a still birth!

@Thai – luckily for humanity, it’s not up to you who gets to have a child.

This is sad. She was so overjoyed to be expecting. And I can’t believe this is the second time at a young age. My heart goes out to her. But she is still young, she still has a lot of baby-making years ahead of her. But this is sad.

Ahhh i feel so bad for her :( it must be really hard after 6 months of pregnancy. especially since she already had a miscarriage in 2008.

It’s really sad, my thoughts go to Lily and her partner :(

My prayers go out to her to keep going after this. How awful. Hope she hangs in there. Some women have had several miscarriages only to have a wonderful baby on another try.

i’ve had two miscarriages myself and each one was devastating. never had coffee, smoked, ate organically. it’s one of those things that just happened. i now have 3 beautiful children, so i hope she does hang in there and try again. blessings to her and her friend!

***** can’t hold a baby.
KIDS, STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS!!!

Jokergurl @ 11/01/2010 at 4:09 pm

Terrible, there’s just no way to describe this, my thoughts are with them.
@ Thai, it’s like the John Lennon song “Instant Karma’s gonna get you.” Insensitive, caustic comment.

Oh no not again so sorry for her it’s not nice.

Matthew Stelton Pomer @ 11/01/2010 at 6:25 pm

miscarriage after nearly six months is hard.

She should see if she is antiphospholipid antibody positive. Poor thing to suffer 2 miscarriages.

SAD unhealth @ 11/01/2010 at 7:16 pm

too much tabaco and drugs of course brings her a miscarriage.

Two miscarriages at such a young age? hate to say it, but there is a high probability that drugs/alcohol are a factor.

This is so sad. I hope she’ll be ok :((((

waffle bowl @ 11/01/2010 at 7:58 pm

@Heathen: Lots of perfectly healthy people who never touch drugs, tobacco or alcohol suffer from fertility problems. And then there are people whom you would never think could have children due to their high-risk lifestyles (Courtney Love for example) who can carry a child to full term, even when they abuse their bodies DURING pregnancy. Clearly it strongly depends on the individual. Lily has always expressed her desire to have a family of her own, and obviously I’m sure she would clean up and get her stuff together before getting pregnant. Don’t blame the poor woman for her horrible loss.

Oh poor baby! Prayers to her and the father. So devastating……

++Logan++ @ 11/01/2010 at 8:35 pm

OH Lily :( Poor girl, that must be the absolute worst feeling, having two consecutive miscarriages. I pray and hope god blesses with beautiful children and a beautiful partner when the time is right. Maybe you still have a lot to accomplish as an individual before having children, but six months of pregnancy is so hard to lose, so depressing :(

Poor woman. My heart breaks for her and her family.

I’m very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to her and her loved ones..

offtheproperty @ 11/01/2010 at 9:45 pm

Hope she’s OK. God Bless her. I saw her once. She’s a sweet and talented and funny girl. I kind of love her. Doesn’t everyone?

Such sad news :-( For someone so young to miscarry twice in a row has got to be really hard. The rate of miscarriage at 6 months is not very high but not uncommon either. I wonder if there’s any medical explanation for this happening twice in a row, and if so I hope she can get help from her dr before her next pregnancy.

Sorry for your lost!

Prayers and love to you and Sam.

Apparently she was due in January – in actuality she was possibly almost 7 months pregnant. How shocking. My heart goes out to Lily and Sam.

I pray she is doing ok!

This is terrible news and I would prefer if we didnt have to know about things like this, its personal. I know she is a celebrity but she is a person like the rest of us and I think news like this is unnecessary. I feel so bad for her too… two now its devastating enough losing one. I hope Lilly doesn’t lose faith.

This is terrible, heartbreaking news and this thoughtless comment will come back and bite you.

You people who suggest that drinking/drugs/hard living is the cause are heartless. So are those of you who suggest that the baby likely had some abnormality and it was “God’s way”. First, the world is incredibly insensitive by labeling her delivery at 6 months as a miscarriage. Miscarriages often occur in the first trimester and many doctors will attribute those miscarriages to some sort of abnormality in the pregnancy. Then, maybe, but not likely, those of you who want to say that it was some sort of plan, you have at least an argument.

However, she was 6 months along! She delivered her son and she likely held him and cuddled him and then had to abruptly say goodbye to him and is now looking at funeral/cremation/burial plans for him. Can you imagine the heartbreak with this??? Have a heart for this woman people! She is going through a tremendously heartbreaking journey and now she has this sickness on top of it.

Please, categorize Lily Allen’s loss as the death of her son and not a miscarriage.

Abel Gallegos @ 11/17/2010 at 9:00 am

You know what @thai…your an *******.
Maybe you should of been a Miscarriage
Like that we wouldn’t have to deal with you assholish comments.
=)

this made me laugh a little. thank god she’s not having a kid. dont want her spreading her ignorance with a seed