Lily Allen Suffers Miscarriage

Lily Allen Suffers Miscarriage

Lily Allen has suffered a miscarriage after nearly six months of pregnancy.

The 25-year-old British singer and her beau, Sam Cooper, had shared the news of her pregnancy after she was given the go-ahead after the third month.

“It is with great sadness that we have to confirm that Lily Allen and Sam Cooper have lost their baby,” her rep said to the UKPA. “The couple ask that their privacy be respected and that they be left alone at this deeply distressing time. No further comment will be made.”

Lily miscarried back in January of 2008 after conceiving with partner Ed Simons.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lily and Sam during this difficult time.

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All

its actually not called a miscarriage. during the first 3 months of pregnancy its called a miscarriage. but after that, its called a still birth!

@Thai – luckily for humanity, it’s not up to you who gets to have a child.

This is sad. She was so overjoyed to be expecting. And I can’t believe this is the second time at a young age. My heart goes out to her. But she is still young, she still has a lot of baby-making years ahead of her. But this is sad.

Ahhh i feel so bad for her :( it must be really hard after 6 months of pregnancy. especially since she already had a miscarriage in 2008.

It’s really sad, my thoughts go to Lily and her partner :(

My prayers go out to her to keep going after this. How awful. Hope she hangs in there. Some women have had several miscarriages only to have a wonderful baby on another try.

i’ve had two miscarriages myself and each one was devastating. never had coffee, smoked, ate organically. it’s one of those things that just happened. i now have 3 beautiful children, so i hope she does hang in there and try again. blessings to her and her friend!

***** can’t hold a baby.
KIDS, STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS!!!

Jokergurl @ 11/01/2010 at 4:09 pm

Terrible, there’s just no way to describe this, my thoughts are with them.
@ Thai, it’s like the John Lennon song “Instant Karma’s gonna get you.” Insensitive, caustic comment.

Oh no not again so sorry for her it’s not nice.

Matthew Stelton Pomer @ 11/01/2010 at 6:25 pm

miscarriage after nearly six months is hard.

She should see if she is antiphospholipid antibody positive. Poor thing to suffer 2 miscarriages.

SAD unhealth @ 11/01/2010 at 7:16 pm

too much tabaco and drugs of course brings her a miscarriage.

Two miscarriages at such a young age? hate to say it, but there is a high probability that drugs/alcohol are a factor.

This is so sad. I hope she’ll be ok :((((

waffle bowl @ 11/01/2010 at 7:58 pm

@Heathen: Lots of perfectly healthy people who never touch drugs, tobacco or alcohol suffer from fertility problems. And then there are people whom you would never think could have children due to their high-risk lifestyles (Courtney Love for example) who can carry a child to full term, even when they abuse their bodies DURING pregnancy. Clearly it strongly depends on the individual. Lily has always expressed her desire to have a family of her own, and obviously I’m sure she would clean up and get her stuff together before getting pregnant. Don’t blame the poor woman for her horrible loss.

Oh poor baby! Prayers to her and the father. So devastating……

++Logan++ @ 11/01/2010 at 8:35 pm

OH Lily :( Poor girl, that must be the absolute worst feeling, having two consecutive miscarriages. I pray and hope god blesses with beautiful children and a beautiful partner when the time is right. Maybe you still have a lot to accomplish as an individual before having children, but six months of pregnancy is so hard to lose, so depressing :(

Poor woman. My heart breaks for her and her family.

I’m very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to her and her loved ones..

offtheproperty @ 11/01/2010 at 9:45 pm

Hope she’s OK. God Bless her. I saw her once. She’s a sweet and talented and funny girl. I kind of love her. Doesn’t everyone?

Such sad news :-( For someone so young to miscarry twice in a row has got to be really hard. The rate of miscarriage at 6 months is not very high but not uncommon either. I wonder if there’s any medical explanation for this happening twice in a row, and if so I hope she can get help from her dr before her next pregnancy.

Sorry for your lost!

Prayers and love to you and Sam.

Apparently she was due in January – in actuality she was possibly almost 7 months pregnant. How shocking. My heart goes out to Lily and Sam.

I pray she is doing ok!