Gerard Butler & Adrien Brody: 'Let's Build A School For Haiti!'

Gerard Butler & Adrien Brody: 'Let's Build A School For Haiti!'

Gerard Butler and Adrien Brody show their support for Artists for Peace and Justice at its “Let’s Build a School for Haiti” fundraising dinner on Friday (November 5) at NYC’s Salon Millesime.

Gerard, 40, is a part of APJ’s Advisory Board, along with a handful of celebs including Daniel Craig, Russell Crowe, James Franco, Penelope Cruz, Clint Eastwood and Charlize Theron.

On the red carpet, Gerard met up and posed with Israeli TV presenter Moran Atias.

Earlier this week, the Scottish stud reportedly came to the rescue of a woman who fell on the street after tripping on her high heels.

Gerard noticed the woman on the ground after grabbing dinner with some friends in NYC and helped her to her feet!

gerard butler haiti 01

• Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 815 » Show All

I’m busy with RL, sometimes I read but can’t find the energy to write anything. not a big fan of the fights happening here lately. nice to see the sane posters still around. ♥♥♥

hellotheregb @ 11/06/2010 at 4:59 pm

@Canera: yes often times the hair/beard is due to a role. We know that, just having fun. Most peeps have different likes for beards. In his roles though it is often noted in the dvd special features that he is very determined to choose his wardrobe and facial hair. Not always, but I have heard that on the dvd a few times.

I don’t know where to go to read accurate accounts of his work on the sets. Making films looks like a lot of fun and that is why peeps are so interested in film making in general. Any info. on what it is like on set please post. We are interested!

@trying to figure it out: LOL date with brody and S. boyle dress!

trying to figure it out @ 11/06/2010 at 5:32 pm

@Well
Maybe Zack’s going to do Superman in drag? That would be a twist.

Just got back from seeing Megamind (not Megahead as previously typed, duh) – it’s a brilliant film and worth the price of admission.

Off now to make spagetti sauce otherwise I’m not eating tonight.

@trying to figure it out

Thanks for the heads up about Megamind..the little one has been bugging me about seeing it….♥

watch out @ 11/06/2010 at 6:08 pm

i doubt any of the money will end up going to the children as opposed to the corrupt gov’t.

cant' please everyone @ 11/06/2010 at 6:18 pm

@watch out: APJ do their own projects. They don’t filter it through the Haitian government.

@cant’ please everyone: Yes. They already have one new high school up and running. Others dealing with Haiti should learn from them.

trying to figure it out @ 11/06/2010 at 7:11 pm

@CJ
I’m sure he/she will really enjoy it. See the 3-D IMAX version if you can.

I won’t give my money to anything Pitt or Jolie are connected with. Even if it’s only his voice. I just cannot stand him, and he’s not getting one red cent of my hard earned money. I can even tke her better than him.

@boobear:
so what does it have to do with gerry?

@boobear:
so what does it have to do with gerry?

@Really?: Several on here have been talking about Megamind.

Whats up with the hair on Gerard

@lolita:
Than you Lolita, I agree and did not mean to sound critical toward Gerry.

@boobear:
i don’t like anything to do wth pitt or jolie either

@Canera: i didn’t feel you were critical. Your words were honest and how you felt. You did it with grace and not anger or nastiness. Your opinion matters too.

what did anyone find attractive in Russel Crowe?
Gerry looks so good here and he looks perfect with Moran too.
what a beautiful couple, but i know they are not dating.

Poor Lainey @ 11/06/2010 at 10:12 pm

I love the hair and yes, he should have shaven the hair on his neck but I’m fine with the beard.

Actually this is a good look for him and if I could, I would run my fingers through his hair, lol, but I’m not. I just like a good head of hair on a guy.

His eyes though look sad so maybe fame is not what it’s cut up to be after all.

One thought: this longer hair would look good in an 18-19th century movie in which men’ hair was worn longer. Could Burns be in the work for next?

curious cat @ 11/06/2010 at 11:14 pm

Well, I tried to comment but it didn’t take so I try again although what more is there to say? I thiink GB’s hair looks fine, his beard looks fine, his neck looks fine, hairy or not. I prefer hair to the shaved look in Tomb Raider, although he looks fine enough there too. He’s better thin than fat, although I”m not sure you can tell what shape he’s in when he’s covered over with a dark suit. Recent pictures have been looking slim but not emaciated by any means. So what is the issue?
I agree with those who ask why these charities for Haiti aren’t building homes instead of schools. Maybe there is a logic to it: Get the kids into a safe place during the day where they can learn, get a decent meal and be kept off the unruly streets while rebuilding goes on. CJ, if it’s true that land is being sold off to rich foreigners that’s disgraceful. I hadn’t read that. But corruption is rampant all over. I visited Haiti once, years ago, thought conditions were horrific. Naked people living in cardboard boxes, people begging all over, etc. Some people say it’s worse than India if smaller. Don’t know. Haven’t been to India. I applaud rich celebrities giving money and publicity to these efforts, just hope they do channel their money through agencies other than the government.

curious cat @ 11/06/2010 at 11:39 pm

Oh, yes, that Moran Atias is gorgeous. More power to her. Now we’ll have endless spec on their relationship I suppose since they were photographed together at an event.
Btw, I just thought of this. I know a couple, actors in CA . Admittedly not famous. Hardworking, with modest recogniton and respect, but not stars. I mentioned seeing an interview in which GB said he almost got a role opposite Jennifer Lopez and was SO disappointed when he didn’t get it. He was, Jennifer Lopez, WOW! He acted as if playing opposite J-Lo was a big plum. That;s all it took for these people to dismiss him as after fame, money and celebrity, not a serious acting career. J-Lo is not exactly highly regarded as an actress. This is just their opinion, but really, what has he done since? SO FAR? I kinda had to eat crow trying to defend him as the next Olivier. We disillusioned GB Hopers keep hoping for a sea change with the next flick but SO FAR….more parties, appearances, bar hopping. Etc. Done.

@Really?: Once upon a time, long, long ago, Crowe had a certain charm when he was in shape. Now, OMG. I don’t think he’ll ever come back from this. My prediction is he’s going to end up like Brando and Wells as he ages. Gerry, on the other hand, looks just stunning in that photo.

@curious cat: My bet is that Gerry’s in pretty good shape under that suit. There have been recent tweets from people spotting him with a trainer. He usually doesn’t start with a trainer unless there is something on the horizon. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. But, I don’t think he should lose any more weight. That picture of Jared Leto shirtless is still etched in my brain. Muscular, but emaciated at the same time. Really scarey.

OK. I’m not a spring chicken. But I’m not dead. I think Gerard Butler is the most handsome and intriguing man in the film industry today.

Awhile ago, I picked up the old Michael Caine move “Alphie” on DVD. I finally watched it tonight. That is a classic. So funny and original for the time. I was reading on IMDb about the movie and it states, “Ladies man gradually begins to understand the consequence of his lifestyle.”

I thought of Gerry Butler. Not in the same context as Alphie (well, not completely), but relevant. He seems to be giving up a personal life to pursue fame and fortune. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite him.

Alphie was made in 1966. Michael Caine was 33. (OMG, Butler wasn’t even born yet!) Caine looked 43. Again made me think of Butler and those who love to say he looks older than his age. I think he looks like a baby, but that’s from my perspective. But looking older than his age didn’t hurt Caine’s career.

Back to “Alphie.” Jude Law did a remake in 2004. Seems it was not necessary or well accepted. So, message to Gerry. Don’t do a remake of anything. Leave the past where it is. Onward.

justsayin' @ 11/07/2010 at 12:35 am

@Old Timer: Michael Caine was never a handsome man. He looked 50 when he was 30. He’s one of those people who looked older than he was when he was young and now looks the same age as he did then.

Gerry, however, is aging very fast, but trying as hard as he can to look young. There’s a lot of competition in his business. Already there are younger, lower maintenance, better looking actors taking their place in the film industry. Gerry should settle into producing and make his money there. That’s where the real money is. It’s also the only way he will get an Oscar. Producing or writing are categories he has a better chance at winning.

@curious cat:
JLo would have been awful. thank God he didn’t get the part.

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 815 » Show All