Gerard Butler & Adrien Brody: 'Let's Build A School For Haiti!'

Gerard Butler & Adrien Brody: 'Let's Build A School For Haiti!'

Gerard Butler and Adrien Brody show their support for Artists for Peace and Justice at its “Let’s Build a School for Haiti” fundraising dinner on Friday (November 5) at NYC’s Salon Millesime.

Gerard, 40, is a part of APJ’s Advisory Board, along with a handful of celebs including Daniel Craig, Russell Crowe, James Franco, Penelope Cruz, Clint Eastwood and Charlize Theron.

On the red carpet, Gerard met up and posed with Israeli TV presenter Moran Atias.

Earlier this week, the Scottish stud reportedly came to the rescue of a woman who fell on the street after tripping on her high heels.

Gerard noticed the woman on the ground after grabbing dinner with some friends in NYC and helped her to her feet!

gerard butler haiti 01
gerard butler haiti 02
gerard butler haiti 03
gerard butler haiti 04
gerard butler haiti 05
gerard butler haiti 06
gerard butler haiti 07
gerard butler haiti 08
gerard butler haiti 09

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1015 » Show All

@what weird world did I stumble:
Name one person who is better looking?
* * *
Chris Evans, just to name the first one I can think of. But being better goodlooking than others wouldn’t take Gerry anywhere anyway. At Gerry’s age you’ve to focus on something else than your looks, everybody gets old, sooner or later.
@Really?:
So I think he is still astonished by his success and fame. It’s very admirable when one is not so jaded that he/she takes things for granted, but can still feel the magnitude of something. When all is said and done, he’s still a little boy from Paisley.
* * *
That’s the most absurd thing I come across reading phannies comments everywhere, from gossip boards to motherships.
Little boy from Paisley never existed.
Have you any idea how Paisley or Glasgow are?? If Gerry used to live (as he said in some interviews) in a poor area of Paisley, sure you come out of it as a real fighter. And if you fought hard to succeed in your career or to climb the ladder from an unknown actor to a guy who’s almost an Alist one now, sure you can’t be overwhelmed by anything anymore.
Sorry for the rant, just tired to hear same old stories…..
Little boy from Paisley was King Leonidas from the beginning, believe me… Tonight, his old pals dine in hell… while he dines in lavish restaurants in NYC… ;-)

* * *
*G’morning JJers*

Ladies, I have read most of your posts from tonight and I perceive Gerry in many of the ways you have. He does guard his heart for whatever reasons. His eyes do tell all of what he is feeling. I think when he first went into this acting business he might not have realized how cut throat it can be and how shallow it can be. He is not easily fooled by the people he meets. It may be hard to get to know him but if you can… I believe it would be worth the effort. I think he is a big soft hearted person who has a fierce stinger when provoked and once hurt by someone…I don’t think he would be very forgiving. Is he abrupt with people…He has to be at times, otherwise he would be pulled in too many different directions. I said before I don’t know if I ever could walk in his shoes. They are pretty big shoes to fill. As far as his looks goes he is still by far one of the most handsome man I ever laid eyes on.

redOctober @ 11/07/2010 at 9:02 am

I’d like to know him better but the door to his real self is firmly locked, I’m afraid. Except for real friends and family, as it should be.
We can only see what he chooses to show to the world. A very deceiving image IMO.

gossiphound @ 11/07/2010 at 10:22 am

@@impression: I think because he is thinner than people expect, even before Gerry lost the weight he has this year, they equate that with shorter I believe the official measurement is 6 feet 1.75 inches and if you saw him standing in those photos beside Terrell Owens who is 6 feet 3 Gerry is clearly close to to six feet 2. Terrell,
Gerry and Nathan Filion were towering over the whole crowd of men at Cosmo’s Fun and Fearless Award. And tall actors are rare.

Guido, you have lost all credibility with your wild & crazy range of “predictions” and “facts” that you spew. The regulars here laugh at you now as much as you laugh at them.

gossiphound @ 11/07/2010 at 10:41 am

I am beginning to think that Gerry who is fabulous looking man who could be far more fabulous looking, with a minimum of adjustment, like shave that neck, almost does these things to look less than perfect on purpose, to show he is not some kind of dandy who obsesses over every detail, that he doesn’t care and yet he does. Like P Diddy obsesses over every detail of his life including his wardrobe. But that is what makes P Diddy successful in business. Perhaps Gerry in fact wants to stand out less or be less intimidating to others because look he attracts attention looking like a slob in the rooster hat, if he was dressed to the GQ nines all the time, the women might be going Hard Day’s Night on him. That’s my psychobabble for the year.

Oh Brother Two people say what they saw when seeing Gerry IN PERSON making him appear more normal than expected, and all of a sudden we have others rushing to his defense to say what a sensitive guy he is, that he guards his heart because he’s been so hurt in the past, yada, yada, yada. Damage control much? Gotta guard that image at all costs. And by the way, I don’t see sad eyes, I see bored to the max eyes.

I’m sure their are as many impressions of Gerry in person as there are people who have met him or at least watched him in person. It likely depends on the when, where and why. Whether he was feeling good, rushed, unhappy, happy etc. Just like everyone else on god’s green earth, he has his good days and bad. Most of the time in public, I’m sure he tries to be pleasant, but if something is off, it’s going to show once in awhile. Just part of the human condition.

gotta be kiddingi d @ 11/07/2010 at 11:40 am

i dont think he’s all that deep, just a really MOODY person- if you catch him in a good mood he’ll be nice, but if something is bothering him or he is pre-occupied, he’ll be abrupt and dismissive. JMO and shows he’s just human like the rest of us, cause most of us are like that too

gotta be kidding @ 11/07/2010 at 11:42 am

wth happened to my moniker?! typo!

I’ve never seen Gerard in person, but I’d love to. Something on my bucket list!

In all the videos I’ve seen of him at premieres, he usually is extremely nice and accommodating to his fans. There are a couple of times he has been obviously out of sorts. This has been when he is pressed for time, everyone is screaming at him to sign this or that and to pose for pictures with them – and at the same time his handlers are pulling at his sleeves telling him to hurry up and get in some theater. The level of noise would be enough to drive me over the edge. Everyone has a breaking point.

@Merlin: Never heard of Chris Evans, so I looked him up on IMDb. He’s a nice enuf looking dude, but he doesn’t trip my trigger. Kind of generic. Gerard is anything but generic.

However, I agree with you that the little boy from Paisley image is a myth. By the time Gerard got into show biz, he’d already led a pretty ‘colorful’ life.

@gotta be kiddingi d:
ITAWY!!!!! Many seem to project some romantic notion that he is a tragic character with some Phantom-like heartbroken core and that is why he has “sad” eyes, etc. I think you are spot on that he is moody. He has admitted to it over and over again in interviews. I believe he referred to it as a “Celtic fog.”
What some are interpreting for “sad eyes” I think is boredom. He is ADD after all and NOTHING holds his attention for long. Part of me thinks this is why this career so suits him. He can pull on a different character and vicariously live something different for a short time.
From the couple of people in my life who have met him (and I am not one of them), they said he had a small attention span and was constantly looking around him as if he couldn’t focus which could translate as boredom to those trying to converse with him. They also said he was flirting with every woman in the place. So I’m not buying the deeply heartbroken story one bit either.
This man is at the top of his social game right now with many willing participants. What seems like an empty lifestyle to us may make him perfectly content. Maybe meeting and “getting to know” women is the thing that challenges and validates him. We don’t walk in his shoes so we will never know.
BTW don’t pick on Guido, he is a dear and fun distraction from all this over-psychoanalyzing. :)

@casey: I can agree with you … G doesn’t fit any mold. So many of the current crop of actors in movies and TV are interchangeable. Not Gerry. He’s one of a kind.

@Old Mia: Spot on Mia. He is one of a kind with many different aspects to his personality…like we all have. Obviously being a success at what he does is very important to him as it is with all of us. Failure hurts no matter who it attaches itself to. He is a good actor and he is going to show all that doubt him by choosing better things to get involved in. I don’t wear rose colored glasses in regards to him but I like him and don’t feel the need to tear him one.

redOctober @ 11/07/2010 at 1:49 pm

@Old Mia:

…agree with you about some young actors looking all alike but others seem to be doing well , Toby Kebbell and Tom Hardy come to mind. We’ll see what their career will bring.

I find Gerry very unusual in many ways, he does not fit the HW mold …or so he did in the past, that’s why most of us are here, I guess. Looking for something different and interesting.

I also hope that his future projects will have a strong emphasis on his acting than his looks.

Nuts--Hey Don't Pick on Guido @ 11/07/2010 at 1:54 pm

There are those of us who love Guido and his reports. It’s the stuff of hollywood movies!

redOctober @ 11/07/2010 at 2:00 pm

Top Ten Suicide Missions at the Movies

10. The Spartans, 300

@Nuts–Hey Don’t Pick on Guido:
I love how the snarker said the regulars are against Guido… OH REALLY?!?!?!?!?! Obviously the snarker has been here for what 10 minutes. *snort*

@redOctober: Agree completely Red, enough of the tabloid horse hockey and get down to business with being the best entertainer he can be. I also think he will be successful as a producer. I think he would drive you nuts if he was a director though…but the bossy part might be right up his alley. Can you hear him roar CUT!!!

I think that while he loves the glamor of being in front of the camera and the type of recognition and sceaming fans he gets from it, I think his future will eventually be as a producer and maybe even as a director. He’s a very savvy networker and businessman. Look at all the friends and acquaintances in high places he has cultivated. He doesn’t just go to these events to party.

@Old Mia: ITAWY. He was late to the star party but he has turned it into a successful career…and branching out in other aspects of the business as well.

@Manny:

:o) hahahahaha. Yes!

redOctober @ 11/07/2010 at 2:33 pm

@lolita: “…the bossy part might be right up his alley.”

ITAWY ; ) …though probably he’ll get better results with charm than with roars.

I hope he chooses to be a multitasking man “a la Clint Eastwood” (acting/directing/producing) I want to see more movies with him as a leading man.

@redOctober: Oh yes, for many more years to come. He once compared himself to Clint in an interview…foresight maybe?

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1015 » Show All