Gwyneth Paltrow: CMA Awards Performance -- Video!

Gwyneth Paltrow: CMA Awards Performance -- Video!

Check out Gwyneth Paltrow singing “Country Strong” from her upcoming drama of the same name at the 2010 CMA Awards!

The 38-year-old actress hit the stage with a guitar for her live country music singing debut.

At the end of the performance, Gwyn received a standing ovation from fellow celebs, including Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman.

Gwyneth joked to CMT on the red carpet that she prepared for the gig by drinking a pint of beer!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Gwyneth’s CMA Awards performance?

Gwyneth Paltrow Performing at the 2010 CMA Awards

• Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

She’s not a terrible singer but she’s got a weak voice.

I think she did well.

I’ll give it a tentative thumbs up but I’ve heard better.

Much better actually.

She looks really scared/nervous. I dont blame her. I prefere her duets with Huey Lewis and Babyface. So goood.

obviously nervous, decent, clearly nothing exceptional but better than A LOT of “artists” out there right now. she did well.

she doesnt have a special amazing voice but she can carry a tune much better than that big forehead chick in the movie

Criss Cross @ 11/11/2010 at 12:30 am

I give her a 6 1/2 on a scale of 10.
She was brave to do a live performance.
That was live, right?

honestly i’d love to hate her but she has a good voice. you can tell she was nervous but it really wasn’t bad at all

Gwyneth has more range as an actress than a singer. She can carry a tune but she lacks passion.

Gwyneth can actually carry a tune. She did a good job. She was nervous but kudos to her for having the guts to get up on stage.

She has no stage presence.
I guess she saves it all for film.

I’m so used to bad artists being promoted here that this doesn’t sound too bad to me. Better than all that Rihanna crap.

Would I tell her to give up her day job though?
Probably not.

@perfect3: Do you mean Leighton Meester? I agree with you then based on what I’ve heard of the Country Strong soundtrack. Gwynnie is a better singer but big forehead or not, Leighton is much prettier.

I think she did well – she looked so cute and scared and then relieved and happy. the problem is that it isn’t a great song. it has a tiresome theme and it’s not something i’d buy or want to hear over and over again. the producers of the film should have done better by her and gotten her a better song to sing.

@rada: Not half bad. Vince Gill seemed impressed. Miranda Lambert not so much.

This song has been done before by a couple of other female country singers — names escape me because I don’t follow country as much — but their versions were better from what I remember. I think Gwyneth sounded fine. Not great but she didn’t make a fool out of herself.

@Shop Bop: Leighton is gorgeous. Gwyneth is plain but more talented.

YUCK….CAN’T BELIEVE THIS PLAIN JANE IS BLYTHE DANNER’S DAUGHTER. SHE MUST FAVOR THE DAD.

SHE SHOULD GET HER BEAUTIFUL MOM TO GIVE HER MAKEOVER AND SINGING LESSONS. BLYTHE DANNER CAN WORK A STAGE.

She’s decent, but I’m sure people will overstate how good she is, thus blowing her extraordinary ego up even more. Vince Glll was really good. She is just annoying in general. Too fake for my taste. That song is stupid, too. “I’m country strong” ? Really? That’s just lame.

seven dust @ 11/11/2010 at 1:00 am

I’d give her a C+
She’s better than Taylor Swift and Rihanna but not as good as Leann Rimes, Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood.
At least she went through with it.

@perfect3: wtf..Leighton is talented so why the hate

Thank God she just stood there. Girl cannot dance. It was embarassing watch her ‘perform’ in that movie trailer. I don’t like seeing anyone humiliated and I think people would have laughed at her dancing. It’s that bad.

I am surprise she could open her mouth with all that botox that was used on her face.

Wow! The haters are out in full force tonight.

GP did a fine job. She showed a lot of guts getting up there, completely out of her element and acquitting herself well. FAR better than the truly awful Taylor Swift.

she did a fine job considering that she is an actress. She certainly looks very very nervous.

Love Gwyneth
amazing actress, good singer !!!
God Bless her !!!

I don’t follow country music at all so I can’t comment on the song so much, but I thought she did a stand up job and well done Gwyneth. It is quite a thing to get up on stage in front of singing legends and do what she did.

I’ve always thought country music was about being genuine, sincere and approachable. So when I see this ice queen with the self-important “advice” website fronting like she’s got an inch of warmth in her soul, it really irritates me. Yall better appreciate her highness for taking time out of her busy perfect life to serenade your common arses.

Great job!! ;)

Gwyneth You did great but please RELAX

Not bad! I would like to hear Gwyneth team up with Meryl
Streep…who can sing! They could make an interesting duet team! Just a thought! :-)

Kind of a goofy song, but cmon, that’s a hard crowd and Miss G did pretty well, and frankly, better than Taylor Swift as far as being on key…(though Taylor was pretty as a picture, of course. Anyway, it’s Gwyneth singin’ country is just a one off for this movie thing, right?

Minphucker @ 11/11/2010 at 6:06 am

That was really good actually, had no idea she could sing.

She did great!!! So much more talent than useless Kate Bosworth. At least she can act, sing, write, direct, etc. Go Gwyneth!!!!

She did well, to have Vince Gill as backup great! To all those putting her down- U STINK !! She sounded good the song fit her! I give her thumbs up for expanding your career!! Iwill have the CD!!!
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

obviously nervous and she seemed to have her throat or larynx or whatever totally strained, But she’s got quite a lovely voice. She did better in the official recording but still kudos. And I think it’s in a way endearing she was so nervous – simply a tough debut.

Armyranger @ 11/11/2010 at 7:17 am

She is better off sticking to spendng her husbands money… Heard better from my dog barking

beautiful couple @ 11/11/2010 at 7:50 am

I’ve never understood why people define their opinions of a celebrity in the context of another. Not a KB fan but this post isn’t about her and I can’t take someone’s comments seriously when they feel the need to bring her up for no reason.

I think GP sounded fine. She’s not a professional singer and it shows. They were smart to have her not move around too much. Her concert scenes in Country Strong were very stiff so having her singing/dancing in front of a live audience probably would have been too much.

awe she’s sooo nervous. i’m sure she’ll get better with time though if she keeps singing.

Better Than... @ 11/11/2010 at 8:47 am

She sounds way better than that overated Taylor Swift…..

So not worthy of a standing ovation. I’m sure her country music career will be over the minute the movie hits DVD.

I’m from Nashville …some “BIG” stars can’t sing half as good as she did last night. I like Taylor Swift but she can barely carry a tune, she has the “LOOK” that sells records …..so my hat is off to Gwyneth for a great job.

Nashville @ 11/11/2010 at 9:59 am

I suppose she had no earned right to be on the stage at the CMA’s , but for certain Vince Gills presence gave her the pass to proceed… one has to wonder WHY? a big favor? a paid placement? does ABC own the movie rights? its bizarre, however the song “Country Strong” cuts to the CORE of country!

Kudos to Gywneth!!!! Very talented gal!!!!

i think she was excelent for someone whose first job isn’t singing.

I think it’s sad that so many other really great struggling country singers that would love to have the chance of such exposure at the CMA. Proves to me that it’s all about who you know in show business.

Gwenyth Paltrow is a fine singer, much much better than that no talent, always off-key Taylor Swift.

@jj fans:

Paltrow is a far superior singer to Taylor Swift.

She did great. She was nervous, she said so weeks ago, but she was so brave. She showed everyone that she is human and put herself out there in spite of all those who critique her so harshfully and with such hate, so I have to hand it to her! Gwyneth gets an A+ and I now cannot wait to see the show. She has a new fan in me and a lot more, I have a feeling.

I like her. From what I’ve seen of her on interviews and talk shows, she seems like a nice person. As far as her singing I thik she did well! Yeah you can tell she was nervous but who wouldnt be.

Movie Watcher @ 11/11/2010 at 11:30 am

I give her credit for singing live and sounding fairly good for a non-singer (if it all was truly live) but I don’t see how this excuses the many ignorant statements she’s made over the years. She deserved criticism for that and I’m glad people remember it because she does the same ignorant thing every year.

Let’s keep this in perspective. She sang live at an awards show to attract attention to a movie she’s trying to get an Oscar nomination for. It’s not like she saved someone’s life or ended the war in Iraq. I saw a preview of the film btw and Michelle Williams performance in Blue Valentine is much more compelling. I hope she doesn’t get shafted a nomination spot because Gwyneth pulled a Reese Witherspoon and has been actively campaigning through the CMAs and Glee (If anyone’s wondering, Reese was also better in Walk the Line than Gwyneth is in Country Strong).

she is not a professional singer as an amateur, she is okay

I’ve heard worse and seen worse…she actually sounded good…sweet voice.

The duet she did with Huey Lewis 90′s..Cruise with me Baby wasn’t bad either..good for her.

Loved it! She did look stiff, but I really don’t care because she sounded good and it took a lot of guts to perform in front of people who sing/work with country music for a living. Go, Gwyn!

I think Gwyneth Paltrow is one of the biggest losers in Hollywood.
She’s not pretty. She’s not talented. She’s not likeable. She’s not intelligent. But she seems to keep wanting to claw her way into the limelight.
GO AWAY PLEASE!

Wow, impressive, considering she’s an actress, not a singer, and was nervous. Nice voice. The song is good, too.

I think she did Excellent considering she isn’t a performer in the music industry! I’d be cra*ping my pants doing that, and I have staged acted before. Stage acting has got Nothing on doing a live performance — especially in front of professionals!!! Good for her braving it up! She is a perfect example of striving and working hard to get what you want. I’m very proud of her. Yes, visibly nervous, but … who wouldn’t be?

Her mother Blythe Danner, is a MUCH better actress and much lovelier. Plus, she’s not full of herself as her daughter is.

Beetlejuice @ 11/11/2010 at 3:58 pm

I thought She sounded great in a video from several weeks ago…a promo for the film….last night with Vince…her voice sounded weak…After listening to the women of Country sing all night, Gwyneth failed in comparison to them, but as a civilian singing country and western, she didn’t do so bad. But I think taking her voice to Nashville to be compared to those women was a bit silly.She doesn’t have the chops when in the mix with Carrie, Reba, or M Lambert, etc…

G did a nice job. And she cleans up well.

bravo gwenyth. she held her own, even if her voice isn’t AMAZING. i mean, c’mon- an actor, singing live to a bunch of professional singers, in their genre! that takes something special. wow. kudos to her. never a big fan, but her talent and beauty are undeniable.

Gwen your an amazing singer.. u were little nervous but you pulled through quite well.. great actress beautiful family ..beautiful Gwen..

sounds much better than taylor swift live

laurie09080 @ 11/11/2010 at 11:31 pm

She was good, just has to work on connecting with the audience

get new reps besides the Huvane Bros. and then I will see your flick, otherwise…I’m boycotting all stars associated with them.

Her nasal speaking voice was enough cause to never let her sing beyond a shower at the Four Season.

But…Gwyenth, you sang just fine. YOU should be doing Goree Girls, not the other. That’s why you have bad reps, that only work for the 1. Why celebs put up with their BS is beyond many. Fire them.

I was country when country wasnt cool. Now even actors/actresses want to be country in some form. lol! I think she did a very good job. Her first ever performance was stellar. You could not hear that she was nervous when she sang and that was very important. All in all I say, “it went well and she sounded amazing”.

she’s better than angelina jolie

she did very well

she did very well

She did well; that takes guts singing in front of a county audience.

she was great. love the shoes as well.

@panda:

LOVED her performance she did a teriffic job. She know’s that she is not a singer it seemed as if she just wanted to have a little fun. Gwyneth you rock!!!