Gwyneth Paltrow's 'Umbrella' Premiere -- EXCLUSIVE

Gwyneth Paltrow's 'Umbrella' Premiere -- EXCLUSIVE

Check out the JustJared.com world premiere of Gwyneth Paltrow singing a mash-up of Rihanna’s “Umbrella” and the classic “Singin’ in the Rain.”

The 38-year-old blond beauty sings with Matthew Morrison on the track. The song will be featured on the November 16th episode of Glee called “The Substitute”.

Check it out below. Ella ella ella ella ey ey ey ey!

You can listen to the other tracks at GleeTheMusic.com!

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

They shoudlve had Rihanna on the show singing it but ok…Gwyneths cool and im guessin it would have something to do with the concept since Rihanna just cant come out of the blue into the school lol

Cool mashup tho…Umbrellas a Classic!! One of the ONLY songs of our time on the 500 greatest songs of all time list

AWFUL!!! PLEASE, PALTROW STOP SINGING! YOU CAN BARELY ACT AND YOUR SINGING IS NOT MUCH MORE TOLERABLE!

She does a good job and its a cool mash-up.. Looking forward to the episode.

Gwyneth sounds flat in this one.

Maybe country is a better genre for her.

I liked the song she sang last night better.
This one is sort of meh.

Criss Cross @ 11/12/2010 at 12:12 am

The girl has a decent voice. Her acting in the previews doesn’t look very good. Maybe she should transition into a singing career?

I never thought I’d say this but I prefer Rihanna’s version.
It’s not a very challenging song but Rihanna does bring something to it that Gwyneth simply doesn’t have.

Gene Kelly is now turning over in his grave.

I love Glee but Matt Morrison should have sung this classic song as a SOLO! Not a mash-up!

A JJ exclusive? Is that why we’ve gotten 6 posts about her in the last 2 days?

Gwyneth isn’t too strong in the first half. The second half is not bad….

You people are so freaking rude.
I love the way she sounds.
Stop hating.
You’re tacky and I hate you.

…I think the suggestion that she try more country is a good one. She seems to have more passion for that type of song.

Nine Songs @ 11/12/2010 at 12:25 am

@Jewel: You hate people you don’t know on the Internet? Your life must be pretty sad.

thumbs down @ 11/12/2010 at 12:26 am

thumbs down. too busy.

thumbs down @ 11/12/2010 at 12:26 am

thumbs down. too busy.

pleeeeeaseeeee, its really not that bad!!!!!

perfect couple @ 11/12/2010 at 12:28 am

Am I the only one who thinks Matthew Morrison isn’t that great of a singer? Paltrow too. I guess that makes them an even match.

So this is the latest paid for post celeb. Not even 20 comments and it already has the featured post spot.

i like it! cool mashup!

@truly: I went and listened to a whole bunch of YouTube clips of her singing after the CMAs and you’re right. It basically depends on the music type. She does some pop and country well. For an example, check her out in Duets. She sounds nice on that soundtrack but not so much in the Infamous one. The song was all wrong for her voice type and she sounded pretty bad.

YUCK….CAN’T BELIEVE THIS PLAIN JANE IS BLYTHE DANNER’S DAUGHTER.

SHE NEEDS HER GORGEOUS MOM TO GIVE HER SINGING LESSONS.

I need to see it on TV to get the full effect. It’s nothing special so far. Paltrow’s in tune but she doesn’t have a distinctive voice.

wtf was that? what has glee become?
i haven’t heard that country song that she sang, but if this is any indication of her abilities im glad.

blonde lover @ 11/12/2010 at 12:43 am

I would like to hear it without the mesh up. I don’t like Rihanna either but she does a much better job at this song.

Didn’t like it. Too much going on.

Fun Fact: In Ryan Murphy’s first high school sitcom (POPular), all the mean girls worshiped Gwyneth, who at the time had won an oscar and was banging Fight Club era Brad Pitt.

Yuck, yuck yuck
This show is trying to K!LL ME!
Please stop asap.
Paltrow, are you broke or something?
Stop trying to sing and break out from acting.
GO home and hug your husband. He is so hot and talented.
Glee, go away. You are destroying everyone’s songs.
The Rocky was horrific.

Go away Gwyneth!! Everybody hates you!!

Gwyneth is great.I wish all you haters would find something else to do..Get a life

I am a GLEEk for sure. I admit it. lol! I can NOT wait for this episode to air. I’m going to go a little of topic now. I hope they start singing some Faith Hill songs. That would be the icing on the cake for me.

It wasn’t that bad! I thought Gwyneth did pretty GOOD. I don’t think she destroyed the song or anything. It was Good. I think she’s got potential!

Matt Morrison’s voice’s like magic in this song, I thought I was gonna hate this mash-up, but he totally made me love it! Just admit it, not many people can sing as beautifully as he does.

Hm. Yellow umbrella! Is Gwyneth the HIMYM”s mother? WOW

LOL

Why did they run Matthew’s voice through autotune? The other song he sings on this episode “Make ‘em Laugh” is done in his natural voice and he sounds terrific. Some of the people on the show NEED autotune but Matthew is not one of them.

Glee’s becoming Love Boat 2.0 Not that I’m against that if the character fits, but the singing in this is crap. John Stamos was so good, but this chick sucks. Academy award winner or not, its terrible. How weird is that, John Stamos is better in this tv series than an academy award winner.

i just died of second hand embarrassment.

in case you can’t tell, they have autotuned the hell out of her voice.

The song isn’t bad but what have they done with her voice? I’m not sure it’s even Gwyneth! Doesn’t sound like her at all!

WIll someone who knows please explain to me why she sounds like Willow Smith? How is it even possible? Their voices are as processed as American cheese!

filmboymichael @ 11/12/2010 at 11:45 am

all you ******* haters who hate for the sake of hating (and must hate yourselves a whole lot as well), need to take a step back and listen to Gwyn sing F–k You….she’s pretty awesome….and not their best mashup, but big points for the attempt….

Loves. I can’t wait for next weeks Gleepisode!

This proves that anyone can sing this song

This proves that anyone can sing this song

Let me laugh a ha hahahaha

Glee saved their slide last week with their Beelzebubs rendition of “Teenage Dream”, the best thing they’ve ever done. I even turned my obsession with their cover into a mash-up (see my site).

But last week’s episode also included their worst example of a mash-up so far. Glee’s done great strides bringing the mash-up genre to the mainstream, but most of them can barely even be considered an example of a ‘mash-up’ because they’re mostly medleys. This is their best mash-up so far, and let’s hope this is the start of a trend….

- Voicedude
(mash-up producer)

laverdadduele @ 11/12/2010 at 2:34 pm

The song is stupid and so is the show.

Love Gwyneth’s Version!

@AlexisJordan new “HAPPINESS!!” artwork now posted on http://tee2designs.blogspot.com/2010/11/alexis-jordan-happiness.html @RocNation

I’ll admit she is no rhianna but she is definetly talented she has her own voice and it’s a good voice maybe night grammy award winning but she is better than a lot of so called ‘singers’ out there.

This is awful. And really disappointing.

So Judgemental @ 11/12/2010 at 5:48 pm

@abby:

Considering the Kelly had a sense of humor and starred in Xanadu late in his life.. I think he would actually approve and get a kick out of this treatment to a song he was so known for.

Okay, I saw the Glee performance of the song. It is really good. The mash-up is “questionable” but combine it with the visuals and you will love it!

Can you say auto-tune??

love Glee love Gwyneth

Singin in the rain reminds me of Clockwork Orange

Lots of judging going on! Gwyneth is a beautiful, smart and funny woman; as well as a good–sometimes very good–actress. The same goes for her singing. I enjoy watching her on the screen, and I’ve loved her in the clips I’ve seen and heard of this week’s Glee. She’s very good!

i think I like it..gosh… i don’t know if she’s flat or whatever..haha..

EW. BARF.
This is horrid.

I think she should stick with acting

I loved it absolutely loved it, it was a different version of the song and it had a little classic to it!!

I don’t care what people say, the song is brilliant and I am trying to get it for my phone whoever is saying it isn’t interested in glee.