Kanye West Cancels 'Today Show' Concert

Kanye West Cancels 'Today Show' Concert

Kanye West has canceled his Nov. 26 Today Show concert in the wake of his “torturous” interview with Matt Lauer.

“I’m not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons,” Kanye tweeted. “I’m so happy the world got to see just a small piece of ‘the set up’. I blatantly said I’m not performing on a tweet and to everyone around me and the next day they still announced a performance.”

Kanye continued, “Do you guys see what I’m saying now? This is just a small slice of the day to day bull—- that goes on to help precipitate the idea that I’m an an ass—- cause when I don’t perform oh noooow I’m the one that’s crazy or a jerk!”

“All positive energy … all smiles,” he ended. “Much love to Matt and the whole Today Show. I accept ya’ll future apology in advance LOL!”

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

well.. he is an ******* actually

he really needs to just crawl into a hole and stay there

I know he can be a pretentious drama queen, but I like him anyway.

Matt Lauer is a snake in the grass, yes KW is a rude narcistic jerk but it’s OVER
he didn’t assault anyone, Wilson insulted the current President and I don’t see ML raking him over
FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO HATE,

Metaspherz @ 11/12/2010 at 1:47 pm

Now maybe Today can book somebody with REAL talent. Why his fans indulge his self-important rants I’ll never know….

K West is a racist. He hates white people
and Asians too.

I hope karma gets his bigot azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AMENSISTER @ 11/12/2010 at 2:01 pm

gee you would think Kanye actually killed someone they way people go on
build a bridge and the f*** over it people

he’s got a big ego, and?????

He’s such a child!

oh well! dont want to see his *ss anyway!!

laverdadduele @ 11/12/2010 at 2:22 pm

Oh no!!!!! I’m devastated…

oh Please @ 11/12/2010 at 2:46 pm

Please no one is gonna miss ya Kanye, Just put Bruno Mars on and call it a day.

Kanye’s the biggest drama queen. At least he’s entertaining that way. Matt Lauer isn’t losing any sleep over this crap.

Matt Lauer is a total jerk. Why is he still on TV? He did that to Tom Cruz and Brittney Spears too. I am not a Kanye fan but it’s understandable when it comes to that Matt Lauer.

Isn’t this the guy who said he was as big as Jesus? LOL nobody should take him seriously! Glad ML put him in his place!

Thank you Kanye for sparing us your performance..i think America has had enough of you

Ugh, please. @ 11/12/2010 at 4:09 pm

“This is just a small slice of the day to day bull—- that goes on to help precipitate the idea that I’m an an ass—-”

The only person and/or thing that helps precipitate the idea he’s and ass___ is himself. He’s an egotistical idiot!

As someone so brilliantly asked, can’t he just crawl in hole?

Please go away Kanye. A vast majority of the world is over you and your childish BS.

Runaway is the best video I’ve seen all year. Cinematic genius.

@Ms. Mary: WHAT THE F****???? YOU are the only one that sounds racist!

Judging ANYONE siding with Colossal Douchebag Matt Lauer who cheated on his wife of 12 years and is generally just a giant bag of douche.

If Kanye’s bravado and swag upsets backwards Middle Americans and little Taylor Swift fans, more power to him.

TEAMKANYE.

<3 kanye so much. he’s just a mamma’s boy [r.i.p] :(
people need to leave him alone, srsly. he is so talented.

his album is FLAWLESS. fantastic. best album of this year imo.
he should make instrumental versions of all the tracks.
all of the lights is my favorite…amazing, amazing.

Jokergurl @ 11/12/2010 at 4:35 pm

Chicken bawk, bawk, bawk, it’s Matt Lauer, it’s not like he’s being interviewed by Bill O’Reilly or Larry King, sheesh.

I cant stand Kanye. I think he hasnt been right since the death of his
mother.
Kanye West is:
RUDE- He interrupted Taylor Swift during her speech, So RUDE.
ARROGANT- What he said yesterday on the Today Show was so
arrogant & he was so off, all Matt Lauer did was asked him a
question thats all, just a simple question & Kanye couldnt
take it, & hes looking for an apology from everyone from
Today Show, PLEASE!
AN IDIOT
CHILDISH
SELFISH
PIGHEADED
SELFCENTERED
JACKASS- I agree with Obama, when he called him a Jackass.
RACIST- What you said that Beyonce should have won instead of Taylor
Swift, I mean what did Taylor do to you for that comment, &, where
in the Hell did you come from, you just showed up on stage with a mic
& started to make that RACIST COMMENT.
COCKY
HAS NO BRAIN AT ALL
STUPID
I think that all of the R&B/ Hip Hop stations should stop playing
his music & every music store & retail store should pull
his music off the shelfs for good, cause who wants to support him
after that,. Because I def. know that I will not be supporting this
arrogant individual anymore at all. Kanye,
Get A Life & PLEASE GET OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT BECAUSE
NO ONE DOESNT WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AND I AM SO
GLAD THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ON THE TODAY SHOW ON BLACK
FRIDAY BECAUSE WE DO NOT NEED YOU TO RUIN OUR HOLIDAY!
Wont you do us all a favor & KILL YOURSELF, I DONT CARE
HOW YOU KILL YOURSELF BUT JUST DO IT, PLEASE!

lol kanye crack me up

This guy needs to seek therapy.

Are these spam hate comments from Republicans or what?

Team KANYE. But I will say, dude shut up and make music even if you’re feeling cornered. For your own sake.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All