Is Jay Leno Stealing Conan O'Brien's Web Traffic?

Is Jay Leno Stealing Conan O'Brien's Web Traffic?

Jay Leno is supposedly taking Conan O’Brien‘s web traffic away via Google searches, according to EW.

When you search for “Watch Conan” on Google, the first result that pops up is the website for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno!

Even when you search for “Conan O’Brien” or “Conan Obrien,” the Tonight Show‘s website still pops up within the first few results.

Conan has been the ratings winner this week, bringing in more viewers than Jay and all of the other late night shows as well!

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

disgusting @ 11/15/2010 at 12:02 pm

Google is disgusting. I am doing to use other search engines.

Sad and pathetic tactic Jay…..why bother?- the old timers that watch your show don’t even know what Google is!

Why is this man still hating on Big Red? Jay you’re days are over.

As I See It @ 11/15/2010 at 12:35 pm

Jay Leno is not stealing Conan’s traffic. The guy doesn’t even post on the net.

What else are Jay haters going to accuse him of?

Whoops, I stubbed my toe!! Damn you, Jay Leno!!! It’s all your fault!!!

Get real. folks.

Jay is a punk.

Iffy Miffy @ 11/15/2010 at 12:51 pm

Ok I can’t stand Leno but how is that stealing Coco’s web traffic. If it said Conan in the link and then you clicked on it, and it took you to a Leno page now that would be stealing his web traffic. Like it is, anyone with half a brain, who googled Conan will not click on a page that has Leno in it. The Today Show bit is a bit more ambiguous but come on, we all know by now what went down and people will yet again, not go to that page if they are looking for Coco.

@trish: Haha it’s so true! Jay Leno sucks. He actually thinks the old folks that watch his show know what google is? Or have computers for that matter? Hahahaha! Go Conan!!

Regular Jo @ 11/15/2010 at 2:15 pm

Kick his ***, Conan!

When you sign an agreement with Google to advertise your website you are asked to choose search words that people use to find your website AND THE WEBSITE OF YOUR COMPETITORS! It’s common practice. For example, if Pepsi wanted to lead customers to their website they would choose Pepsi as one of their search words but also Coke. There is nothing underhanded about this, just common practice.

Conan’s ratings have dropped significantly since the premiere I wonder how much will it continue to fall?

maybe Conan should put on his big boy pants!

MrMarleyFAN @ 11/15/2010 at 3:27 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if Conan So’Boring is the one behind it. It gives him yet another excuse to blame Leno for something. I can’t stand his not funny ****.

groundcontrol @ 11/15/2010 at 3:50 pm

There certainly are ways to manipulate Google search results. Once you’ve seen it done in an obvious way you’ll understand. If this story is true then it just means Leno can pay for those who know how to do it and make it look less obvious.

As I See It @ 11/15/2010 at 4:26 pm

It’s NBC that sets up websites for the show not Leno. My God, Conan fans have the I.Q. of carrots.

Leno is a has-been with a big chin.

That was a pretty false statement that Conan was beating all the late night talk shows. He beat them the first night, which was expected. By the second night he fell below both Leno and Letterman and continued to fall on the third and fouth night. Give him a year and he’ll probably be at around a million viewers.

Conan ROCKS~

Cocopuffs @ 11/17/2010 at 2:40 am

I miss this guy’s jokes so much.
Ive been watching this guy for 10 yrs now since starting in jr high.
I miss Conan O’Brien ‘s monologue delivery and its still top king compared to all others.

Time slot is perfect for me cause right after Conan its Craig Ferguson who’s comedic style is similar to Coco’s execution.

coco cocO coCO COCO COCO

congrats Conan
welcome back to my evening.