Justin Timberlake: I Hope I'm Not Done with Music!

Justin Timberlake: I Hope I'm Not Done with Music!

Justin Timberlake may be heading back into the music studio!

The 29-year-old singer and actor revealed he would like to create another album, adding that he hopes he’s “not done” with music.

“I sing every day,” Justin says on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, in an episode airing on Monday (November 22). “In the car. In the shower.”

His explanation for recently focusing on acting rather than his singing (he has four films coming out over the next few months, including Yogi Bear, Bad Teacher, Friends with Benefits, and Now): “I’m a male. And I lack the ability to do two things at the same time.”

WOULD YOU LIKE to hear some new music from Justin Timberlake?

Photos: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.
Posted to: Ellen DeGeneres, Justin Timberlake

A&E

Please go back to music! You get acting jobs because you’re famous and you draw in audiences, not because you’ve got acting talent. Just stop.

He was “good” in the social network. I just don’t understand how people could be praising the performance as “oscar worthy”, it surely doesn’t equal Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight and Cristoph Waltz in Inglorious ********. Although, it’s hard to see him in other roles. I would like it if he returned to music. There aren’t many male pop artists right now…I doubt he’s a “really” good actor. His roles pretty much sound the same.

U should be done with music.

@Thai: Thai,you definitly have no idea who JT the musician is.
His previous album FSLS is considered one of the best albums of the decade,Cry me a River is a classic,his music is way better then the Bieber,Kesha crap we here in the charts these days.
Im not a huge fan of his music but even i am mature enough to say that he is one of the biggest talents in music we have.
Oh and a bout his acting?he was amazing in The Social Network en his movie roles do not sound the same, apparently there are not much movie lovers out here otherwise you would recognize his talent.
I would rather listen to a JT album than an album of that talentless canadian loser Bieber.

@micha: Mischa you are a breath of fresh air,i agree with everything you said,kids who say the crap PJ does are idiots,he is a good actor and an amazing artist i miss the days he made music and even though i am a Bieber fan,the quality of the music JT made was amazing .
The musicindustry is missing him,he is verry respected in the musicindustry.
Its sad that a lot of the JJ readers think that Bieber,Kesha,Rihanna are making good music.

Timor Bieber @ 11/19/2010 at 7:14 am

@pj: He is getting praised from some of the thoughest critics so in simple words ….you dont know **** about what good actors are so go back to youre Twilight fanclub.

AND YES I WANT A NEW JT ALBUM ITS TIME TO SHOW JUST JARED READERS WHAT REAL MUSIC IS!!!!

@micha:

Listen, idiot, I wasnt born yesterday, I am 25 and know what JT is about. When what he does can be called “Music” or “art”, give me a call. Dont u teach me things. He sucks, period!

@Thai: Oh my ..please get anger management,he sucks?well you may be 25 ,you sound like a spoiled bratt,Misha just gave his/her opinion,so relax.
Oh saying someone sucks proves you dont like that artist anyway so youre,opinion about that he should be done with music is just due to the fact you hate him.
25?you sound like a 14 year old,people are going to give an opinion so if you are the adult you claim you are?then act like one.
Calling people idiots,………….very mature.

@Thai: Idiot?,Sucks
Wow you do not sound like a 25 year old to me.And yes he makes music,and Art just because you dont like it doest meant it isnt all those things.
Grow up…………………………………..

I wish JT goes back to music. FSLS was such a classic.

Jennifer Redgrave @ 11/19/2010 at 9:20 am

Did he talk about JB ? I love them, and I wish they marry and have a bunch of babies (:

FOREVER JB&JT

Is this becoming the Ellen Degeneres website??

Butter_Fly @ 11/19/2010 at 10:14 am

Hah! I rather see posts on Ellen than half of the people on here. At least it’s not just her it’s the person she is interviewing too.

I miss your music Justin!!!

You’re a lousy, pathetic actor. You don’t even come any close to Ryan Gosling. Go back to singing and your awful falsettos!

laverdadduele @ 11/19/2010 at 11:13 am

I certainly hope you are done with music, Justin. You s.u.c.k. as an actor and I hate your girly voice. Please, just go away.

BitchesNoob @ 11/19/2010 at 11:22 am

yea…JT is quite ok in acting…im nt a fan…but still he can act as an average actor say mayb like zac efron?dun go compare him to ryan gosling cos ryan is a good actor…so yea…

hope so. He is a very talented musician. Not a fan of his acting.

So sorry Jennifer: he has cheated on Bielbitch a thousand times – they have already broken up but he is waiting after his Oscar nomination to make it official lol Your Bielbitch has to search for another man or female because she/he won`t never marry him in a thousand years lol

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEE GO BACK TO MUSIC!!!

He sucks jus give up!! All bout zac efron!

he looks gay

xtina fan @ 11/19/2010 at 2:35 pm

ITS OVER FOR OLD MAN JUSTIN.
THERES A NEW JUSTIN AND ITS BIEBER.
I CAN’T STAND JUSTIN TIMBALAME. HE’S A COWARD, CRY BABY AND A SELLOUT. WHAT HE DID TO JANET JACKSON.

UNFORGETTABLE.

xtina fan @ 11/19/2010 at 2:40 pm

JUSTIN HAS NO TALENT. HE CAN’T SING, ALL HIS SONGS SOUND THE SAME. HE’S A FLOP, I HOPE ALL HIS MOVIE AND MUSIC FLOPS. HE DESERVES NOTHING GOOD IN LIFE FOR PEOPLE HE’S HURT IN THE PAST. COUGH COUGH JANET AND HIS BEST FRIENDS COUGH COUGH.

HE’S A PUNK A WIGGER IF YOU WILL.

xtina fan @ 11/19/2010 at 2:41 pm

BTW CHRISTINA ON ELLEN TODAY

BOW TO LEGENDTINA

xtina fan @ 11/19/2010 at 2:41 pm

BTW XTINA IS ON ELLEN TODAY.

xtina fan @ 11/19/2010 at 2:43 pm

BTW XTINA IS ON ELLEN TODAY.

CHRISTINA ON ELLEN GUISE

cinderella @ 11/19/2010 at 5:35 pm

He is not good in anything he does…..

—topchanelshop-com–.love this show for chanel

itsmeagain @ 11/19/2010 at 11:39 pm

WELL DUH JARED! Have u herd the mans voice? He makes the Angels in Heaven JEALOUS

mrsdestinyhope @ 11/19/2010 at 11:45 pm

@Thai: yeah, that’s why he’s sold out 3 Concerts, has won six Grammy’s and as had 2 #1 multi Platinum albums has sold a total of 75 Million albums world wide [55 Mill w/ NSYNC, 18 Million as a solo artist] Yep he sucks. @xtina fan: u mean the same legend who’s album went flip flop down the drain this year?

I’m sick of him, he annoys the sh!t out of me.

Jokergurl @ 11/20/2010 at 6:22 pm

Four films? That’s more than Colin Farrell has coming out, unbelievable. Justin is a singer, not an actor, I’ve not seen anything that impresses me too much about his acting yet.

Justin Timberlake is a musical genius… My love, Senorita, Give it to me, Rehab, Dead and gone, Carry Out, Cry me river, Sexyback, What goes around, Rock your body, Like I love you, Lovestoned etc etc etc He has a different style for every song he does ‘F’ anybody who has a problem with JT because he’s awesome and to the JACK that said they wish he flopped well guess what ALL OF HIS ALBUMS WENT PLATIUM even his nsync albums

People who think Justin Timberlake is a good actor have obviously not seen good or even great acting. Go rent a movie with Daniel Day-Lewis and come back here, and say that Justin is a good actor. Either that or just go back to watching your effing horrible atrocious movies you think are so good….(i.e. Coyote Ugly, or any Katherine Heigl/Ashton Kutcher movie)

The only reason JT was able to be at least good in the Social Network, is because he’s playing a character that he’s very use to seeing. He also has David Fincher, who is an amazing director to help him. Other than that he’s always been stilted in performances. Always. He doesn’t get emotion. He overacts. And don’t do the “He’s funny on SNL.” Yes. But that’s only when he has to do a song, if he has to act live….he’s just as bad as he is on screen.