Johnny Depp Covers 'Vanity Fair' January 2011

Johnny Depp Covers 'Vanity Fair' January 2011

Johnny Depp hits the cover of the January 2011 issue of Vanity Fair.

Here is what the 47-year-old Tourist actor had to share with the mag:

On the media attention on his co-star Angelina Jolie: “Poor thing, dogged by paparazzi, her and her husband, Brad…all their kids. There are times when you see how ridiculous is this life, how ludicrous it is, you know, leaving your house every morning and being followed by paparazzi.”

Comparing Angelina to a legend: “I’ve had the honor and the pleasure and gift of having known Elizabeth Taylor for a number of years. You know, you sit down with her, she slings hash, she sits there and cusses like a sailor, and she’s hilarious. Angie’s got the same kind of thing, you know, the same approach.”

On the appeal of his character in The Tourist: “I was always fascinated by people who are considered completely normal, because I find them the weirdest of all.”

Credit: Annie Leibovitz; Photos: Vanity Fair
Posted to: Johnny Depp

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

Ang gets what she deserves

Comparing Ang to a legend @ 11/30/2010 at 8:25 pm

HAAAA! ….no comparison

@boo hoo:

You’re right!! Angie is the best and the world loves her :)

On Hairpieces, Toupees, and Weaves : So far, so good .When I start shedding I’ll give Brad a ring.

old and moldy @ 11/30/2010 at 8:29 pm

you stupid trolls I’m furst

I like the way he called Brad her husband. It shows you don’t need a ceremony and big fancy theatrics to live as husband and wife…or do you?
Is there something we don’t know Mr. Depp?

Next Day Air @ 11/30/2010 at 8:37 pm

So basically Angie and Elizabeth are both alike by being husband stealers? oh yah that’s right.

@Allie: Maybe Johnny asumed? He doesnt look like the type to wikipedia other celebs.

This is the only man i would be willing to share with other women – because every woman deserves a piece of johnny!!
He is so handsome and so genuine and kind and it is driving me insane!! I love this man and i’m not a fan girl usually lol, johnny brings this side out of me :( sigh…

On paying attention and giving a rat’s asz about the JP’s :
What? Brad is not married?…Whatever

I love angie but she is no liz taylor.

dang I can’t beleive he is 47. Still hot. 17 year old crush on 47 year old guy lol

Much respect and much love Mr. Depp Sir!

@Allie:
I love ppl call Angie Brad’s wife, Brad Angie’s husband.

i feel like angelina and johnny depp fans don’t overlap. i dont think this movie will do well for that reason.

Depp is the man. I don’t have issue with age..but I must say THIS is what you’re supposed to look like in your 40′s …he’s grown into his handsome looks.

But I’m noticing since he’s been doing the “Pirate” movies he loves wearing eye liner even out of character. Does he get this from Mr. Keith Richards?

just sayin' @ 11/30/2010 at 8:52 pm

johnny and his fans – cool
ang and her tramps – fools

@lily: you mean i have no choice but to share a man that i dont know who has no idea i exist? yeah..

LOL husband stealers

@beverly: yeah eh? johnny doesn’t stand for the type angelina is. fame-power obsessed albeit a good humanitarian. hes a bit more laid back.

MrMarleyFAN @ 11/30/2010 at 9:12 pm

It must be illegal for Dlisted posters to say anything even remotely positive about anybody or anything. Seriously. It’s a bit scary how deeply they dig within themselves for the most vile, debased, ugly pov to spew. I have a strong feeling that most are sunday school teachers and junior high school counselors.

Wow the jenhens are everywhere!!! They just can not stay away from anything Angelina. Obssessed much???? Angie owns their as..es.
What idiots they are. They are still back in 2005. Love JD and how open andhonest he is. He loves Angelina and so do I.

@Allie:

I’m sure Depp probably just uses that term since he has been with a woman, unmarried, for a long time, so he’s used to the idea of using the terms “husband and wife” when you legally aren’t.

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 11/30/2010 at 9:24 pm

# 2 Comparing Ang to a legend @ 11/30/2010 at 8:25 pm

Obviously, JD knows what he is saying because he has met Liz Taylor and got to know her. Have you?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All