Johnny Depp Covers 'Vanity Fair' January 2011

Johnny Depp Covers 'Vanity Fair' January 2011

Johnny Depp hits the cover of the January 2011 issue of Vanity Fair.

Here is what the 47-year-old Tourist actor had to share with the mag:

On the media attention on his co-star Angelina Jolie: “Poor thing, dogged by paparazzi, her and her husband, Brad…all their kids. There are times when you see how ridiculous is this life, how ludicrous it is, you know, leaving your house every morning and being followed by paparazzi.”

Comparing Angelina to a legend: “I’ve had the honor and the pleasure and gift of having known Elizabeth Taylor for a number of years. You know, you sit down with her, she slings hash, she sits there and cusses like a sailor, and she’s hilarious. Angie’s got the same kind of thing, you know, the same approach.”

On the appeal of his character in The Tourist: “I was always fascinated by people who are considered completely normal, because I find them the weirdest of all.”

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All

@Layla:

ITA Sophia! Yes that’s the direction people should be going in. La Liz is is seen more in people like Joan Collins, Ava Garner, CZJ, Those types look more alike.

Johnny and Winona Ryder forevah!

I didn’t know Johnny was engaged to Kate Moss and Jennifer Grey…..wow….

Jokergurl @ 12/01/2010 at 1:02 am

Gorgeous, talented, funny man, and just so damn cool. I’ve always liked Johnny Depp ever since I first saw him on 21 Jump Street. :)

What a MAN…. those eyes alone can make ANY woman and or man just crumble into a mess…

47-year-old woah :d

Well, he’s silly looking. I think his days as hot are about to end. Cause I’m getting funny vibes and that’s not good.

Sex on a stick right there. Wait that sounds dirty. He’s just damn sexy that’s all. And super-insightful. Ange and Brad are, for all intents and purposes, MARRIED. Eat it Fugs.

@TXpert:

Yes, he idolizes Keith Richards since he’s a wannabe rocker. Plus, he drinks a lot of wine as he’s claimed so I think it covers his bloat better. You can see in the E Magazine cover- he looks really bloated. I personally think he should’ve cut his hair short for hte Tourist.

I love Johnny a lot for this. And btw brad is more than just a (inofficial) husband to angie. He is the father of her 6 children. brad has much more responsibility than a husband. They had to fight hard for their love and life and that bound them more and more.

Melissa, Christchurch, NZ @ 12/01/2010 at 3:43 am

So Angie is Naturally natural! Piss off low lifes :)_

Melissa, Christchurch, NZ @ 12/01/2010 at 3:48 am

@Media Wh@re MANiston: oh my god! What exactly is the problem here? we are all legends? Most of us don’t use our famous pouch lol :)

@11: Actually, Angie is even better than Liz Taylor–the range of roles she has played, her compassion for and generosity toward the less fortunate, her understanding of world issues, the absence of materialism and vanity, and her passion for her partner and children.

Sorry but when you start resembling a crack dealer you forfeit your right to be considered attractive.

Johnny is still hot, fascinating, he looks good here. He’s not absurdely beatiful as he was until years ago with his fantastic cheekbones (I see some roundeness about his face, He’s aging…) but he’s sexy, cool, hot!!!
I saw him in festival Venezia 2007 and He’s the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen!!!

I wanted say: as 3 or 4 years ago!

It’s only 9 days left and The Tourist is here! Can’t wait! That will be AWESOME!

He’s the man!

SHAME ON YOU DEEP @ 12/01/2010 at 8:47 am

Tourist is ” BE OR NOT TO BE” for Jolie
J.Deep is trying all tricks he knows to sale that crap
E.Tylor IS ONLY ONE!Not THAT pretender Jolie!

I’m tiring of his pirate look.

love Depp, always have. once heard him called “the greatest character actor stuck in a leading man’s body” and I agree. of course he liked Jolie, why wouldn’t he? she’s beautiful, dedicated, generous, kind, and strong enough to withstand the hatred for freeing Pitt from a loveless/childless marriage. he also understands the dark side of celebrity, the hunt, the going after the children, the loneliness required to keep some semblance of privacy. as for as the Taylor comparison, he knows them both so I’d take his word for it, and he’s talking about personality, not looks.

TRUTH HURTS. @ 12/01/2010 at 11:04 am

I am loving Johnny Depp’s interview with Vanity Fair. Johnny had nothing but great things to say about Angelina and Brad. I think I might have to buy it. The haters are so mad they trashing his thread. They can’t handle the truth. Another blockbuster for Angie. Can’t wait for the premiere Monday. Support The Tourist.

I cannot wait to see “The Tourist”. Mr. Depp is right up there as being my favorites, along side Brad and Angie.
Bless Patti Smith for a wonderful interview with Johnny unlike that fame-hoing editor for his shoddy work interviewing Angelina. His goal was clear…self-promotion of himself, then with with a condescending attitude to cover it up. Dear Mr. Editor…let Patti Smith interview more stars.

Oh Johnny, I chuckled at your comments about Disney and Eisner regarding your portrayal of Capt. Jack. Johnny Depp is a national treasure that we share with the world. Same for Angelina and Brad.

Johnny Depp directed Babybird’s “Unlovable” video. Awesome song, video to the story, “An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge” By Ambrose Bierce.

wow she has more comments/attention than JOHNNY DEPP!!!! Nicole Kidman and Kate Bosworth!!!! haha gotta love her haters.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All