Gerard Butler: Photographer Fun in Miami!

Gerard Butler: Photographer Fun in Miami!

Gerard Butler attends the Art Basel Miami at the Miami Convention Center in Florida on Saturday (December 4).

The 41-year-old Bounty Hunter was leisurely wandering through the fair, but after reportedly seeing a paparazzo was who being too invasive, he chased him outside!

Gerry took off from Los Angeles on Friday and even wore a warm beanie in the balmy weather!

10+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler having a little photographer fun in Miami…

gerard butler photographer fun 01
gerard butler photographer fun 02
gerard butler photographer fun 03
gerard butler photographer fun 04
gerard butler photographer fun 05
gerard butler photographer fun 06
gerard butler photographer fun 07
gerard butler photographer fun 08
gerard butler photographer fun 09
gerard butler photographer fun 10

Ethan Miller/Getty

That is the wierdest batch of photos.
Does Gerry have to run with the phone still on his ear?

@Odd
After his previous legal troubles with punching a pap, I wouldn’t be running at any photographer – even as a joke – if I were him.

HA! Hilarious. Gerry looks great, and is seems to be trying to get rid of a stupid paparazzi guy and making a joke out of it. FUN PICS!

at times, this man is hot and others, oh vey….. of the photos posted are great but he looks like a completely different person in the others.
hot one below.

anglesrock @ 12/04/2010 at 10:23 pm

Gerry, if you’re going to keep your hair long, please run a comb through it every now and again. You need to get it buzzed again; that way you don’t have to worry about it. You are a mess in these photos. I like the shirt, but those pants are way too juvenile for you.
I’m hoping the hair and beard are for an upcoming film, otherwise I’m going to put together a grooming squad and we’re going to jump you on the streets and give you a good grooming!!!

gotta be kidding @ 12/04/2010 at 10:24 pm

he does look like something the cat dragged in, hehe. in that case, i’d be mad if someone was taking my pic, too!

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 10:24 pm

I’ll bet he was with a date and that’s why he didn’t want the pap taking photos.

I await your downward thumbs, phannies.

Shave Your Neck! @ 12/04/2010 at 10:26 pm

His neck is grossing me out.

anglesrock @ 12/04/2010 at 10:27 pm

@Anon:

That does seem to be the best one of the bunch. It does amaze me how he can look hawt in one flash of the camera and a total mess in the next.
And did you notice he always looks so much better in video of the same event than the pics??

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 10:32 pm

Why does it look like he was posing for some of these photos if he was angry with the pap taking his photo? Were some of these taken by his date?

anglesrock @ 12/04/2010 at 10:33 pm

He looks good in this pic. Who is the guy with him? He’s hung out with Gerry before I think.

Is this newsworthy? Does JJ have a few bills due, and needs the extra site traffic? I mean, I get the joke, but you’re really scraping the barrel, JJ..

Unless Freddie was his date, I think the date theory is a bust.
Looks like Freddie gave him his hat to wear too in that one pic, which explains why he doesn’t have it on and isn’t holding it in other pics.

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 10:37 pm

@Shave Your Neck!: Stubbly necks are disgusting.

I’m trying to figure out how, if he was walking around without a hat on and the pap was taking his picture, he chased after him after putting a hat on. Which came first, the paparazzo or the hat? I think we’re missing some photos in the series. Either that or his cap is his superman cape.

Anyone notice that he’s not the only one dressed that way? It’s Miami Beach ppl-lighten up!

anglesrock @ 12/04/2010 at 10:41 pm

@stupidfans:

I bet he let the pap take a few pics and then had some fun and chased him out of the venue.

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 10:42 pm

@Jill: No one should share a hat with Gerry.

I hope he didn’t think putting on the cap to chase the pap would make him less recognizable. It made him look like Randy Quaid, which is not wise -especially nowadays.

At least his temper is in good heath. Maybe we’ll see another violent outburst if the same guy takes his photo with a woman.

Santa is delivering early this year.

@stupidfans:
I heard that he’s actually seeing one of his ex-girlfriends again, one of the ex’s that the fans know about. Don’t know which one though.

anglesrock @ 12/04/2010 at 10:44 pm

@Jill:

Who’s Freddie, Jill?

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 10:44 pm

@anglesrock: Well if he was smart, he’ll blame it on Randy Quaid and have the cops add it to his list.

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 10:46 pm

@Heretical: Miami Beach, Waikiki Beach, Brighton Beach, any beach – those shorts are atrocious. But he’s known for his awful taste in clothing.

Need I remind everyone about his Hello Kitty panties from last year at this time?

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 10:50 pm

@Sunnie: I think he “revisits” a lot of his old relationships when he can get away with it.

The last ones we saw him with in Miami were Laurie and Jasmine. But since they’re all models, it could be anyone. I hope it’s Bianca. The phannies hate her with a vengeance and it will provide great entertainment in the New Year to see them going beserk.

I don’t know why any woman would subject herself to him twice when they know he cheats on them. Low self esteem I suppose. He’s probably told them he’s changed and misses them…yada yada yada.

@anglesrock:

Freddy Bosche. He’s an actor and NYC friend of Gerry. He’s with
Gerry at a lot of events.

@stupidfans:
When was Gerry seen with Jasmine in Miami? Any pics?

ANonnyMouse @ 12/04/2010 at 11:00 pm

@stupidfans:
LOL!! G wore Hello Kitty pants? This I have to see! Do you know where I can find the pictures? :)

ANonnyMouse @ 12/04/2010 at 11:04 pm

@stupidfans:
It’s not Bianca. She has a boyfriend, I think the relationship is quite new (not Tony Schiena).

@ANonnyMouse:
I think stupidfans is referring to those hideous pink board shorts that he paraded his post-Christmas podgy stomach in..? Not actually Hello Kitty, but great comparison! :D

anglesrock @ 12/04/2010 at 11:07 pm

@Jill:

Thanks!

ANonnyMouse @ 12/04/2010 at 11:08 pm

@CorBlimey:
Ok, thanks :)

anglesrock @ 12/04/2010 at 11:09 pm

@CorBlimey:

Yes! They were pink with sharks on them!! Dear lord, I hope those hideous things are at the bottom of the ocean with the sharks. I swear the man opens a bag presented to him by assistants and puts on whatever is in the bag with no conscious thought at all. His assistants were probably laughing their bottoms off and high fiving as he sauntered down the beach in those things.

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 11:11 pm

@Miss L: I think it was two years ago around New Year’s because last year was his fatty period in the islands.

@ANonnyMouse: Look up “Gerard Butler fat’ and the photos should pop up. He was in pink and someone, I think it was the every silly Oy, called his swim shorts “Hello Kitty” shorts.

@anglesrock:
But to be honest.. with that much Christmas pudding around his waist, perhaps they were all that fitted?? Gerard’s own personal brand of ‘fat clothes’.. :D

stupidfans @ 12/04/2010 at 11:17 pm

@CorBlimey: Well the color was an ode to cupcake frosting. He picked up the same color in his feather boa this past Halloween. Pink is his signature color.

Ok, so Bianca is out. Good for her that she didn’t fall into that quicksand. That leaves Jasmine or Laurie that we know of. Of course it could be any of hundreds of tall thin tan models under 25 we never heard of with whom he played hide the sausage on the sly.

Judging by the company he keeps, I think his male friends are the loves of his life.

@anglesrock:
Oh yes, who can forget those pictures:

Love the picture showing his “no a/ss”, lol.

@stupidfans:
If pink is his signature colour, I’m seriously gonna fly to the States and b*tch-slap it out of him..
But I love the idea that it’s his “ode to cupcake frosting” – or perhaps its just his metaphor for everything he’d love to have in his life?? Pink represents women and cupcake frosting, and the sharks… Framo and the gang??? (Although I’m sure the sharks were far better looking..)

commonsense @ 12/04/2010 at 11:32 pm

Douche!

Actually.. I apologise.. That was unnecessarily mean. Sorry, Framo.
I’m sure Gerard doesn’t think of you and your friends as a pack of predatory creatures that can track a scent from miles away… um… Oh sh*t. Apology retracted.. :D

those are eels on his shorts, not sharks :)

Celebrity Gossip. Net has more photos (can’t post link)

and this tidbit

The “300″ hunk was spotted leisurely wandering around the fair looking at art before chasing a paparazzo and spitting on him for being too invasive.

Spitting? Seriously? Would Gerry lose it bad enough to spit at someone with witnesses all around?

@Nuts:
Well, I think these pics prove that to be wrong. You don’t spit on someone in good humour, and that’s all this appears to be. I wonder whether the “journalists” that write this tripe sleep well at night??

South Beach Bum @ 12/05/2010 at 12:09 am

Waverly Inn friend there.

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 12:10 am

@Nuts:

I thought it was all in good fun. The pics seem harmless enough.

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 12:12 am

@CorBlimey:

But some will only read this and believe it to be true.

@CorBlimey @ 12/05/2010 at 12:15 am

@CorBlimey:

Shame on you for labelling Fram leader of the pack lol. I’m a longtime lurker and from what I can see this year she seems to have lost interest in Gerry. She was nowhere to be seen; unlike the other regulars; at all TBH New York stuff, HTTYD LA stuff or multiple trips to MGP set in Detroit. She’s probably come to her senses lol.

the photographer has nice legs

The pap chase seemed to be all in fun. Even the pap was smiling.

Waverly fishnet has got to be just a friend. She’s way to mature to be anything else. (Unless he’s decided to give up working and be a kept man. LOL)

How about Kristi? I’m trying to think of oldies but goodies.

@angelsrock:
I feel sorry for people who read the tabloids and believes whatever is written there. But I do understand what you are saying. I just don’t get how they get away with saying some of the things they do – surely libel and slander have to come into it at some point? It’s not like this one incident is anything to get angry about, but when you add it to all the other small incidents being “reported” on, it has to have an effect on the general public’s view of a person.
BTW I don’t like the media.. just in case you hadn’t noticed.. :D

He was smiling away in the video when the paps were filming him having lunch with his parents and a girl in NYC the day after TBH Premiere. He was smiling as he was dressing them down and stating that he couldn’t trust them for “sh/it” because they had agreed to go away if he posed for some pics.
He almost always smiles as he’s throwing out a barb or when he’s angry. He even did it on Robinson when he told the paps that they ruined his day and then asked them how they slept at night. Smiling in pics mean nothing to me. He smiles because they are taking his pic and he doesn’t want to give them what they want and show anger.

I can believe he spit on someone because he has punched someone before and seems to have a temper. But I hope it isn’t true. That is disgusting and uncalled for. I don’t care if the guy irritated him. It’s a public place and celebs and paps are everywhere for the festival. What did he expect, total privacy?

@@CorBlimey:
Actually, I should apologise to Framo – you’re right. That scary chick from WO is FAR worse! :D

@Spitting?: Good grief. Now think about it. Of course he didn’t spit on anyone. The PAP is SMILING for god’s sake. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I still suspect the night he popped the disgusting little pap, there was someone in the car he didn’t want to be seen with. Someone married? Something is still fishy about that whole incident.

Nobody You Know @ 12/05/2010 at 12:34 am

@Vegas:

The night he popped the pap, Jeannia was seen in a few pics walking near him, so maybe they were dating at that time. And for what it’s worth, Bianca was talking on her twitter about how she needed a real man and how she was tired of all the boys. So I am thinking she is not in a steady relationship.

Fram has kept a low profile lately. I suspect she didn’t like being the butt of all the hater’s jokes.

She’s still on the motherships, but even there she’s on the down low. Just comes in with some facts now and then. But she’s waaaay watered down. Guess she finally woke up that she was drawing too much attention to herself. She never hurt anyone and never said anything nasty about anyone even after posters went after her in some really ignorant posts.

@Sunnie:
Where did you hear this story that he is dating one of his exes again?
Bianca is seeing someone new and Jasmine will not have anything to do with him, so is it Laurie or Kristi Kosak? Then the only other one that’s left that the fans know about is Gina, his makeup artist. He has been seen with her a couple of times during his recent 6-week stay in NYC. I think she would be the only possibility if the story you heard is really true. But honestly , I queston the validity of this story.
@Nuts:
@CorBlimey:
Honestly, I doubt GB spit on him. I think people like to embellish stories to make them more interesting, or maybe the pap himself made up the story of GB spitting on him to draw more sympathy for himself.
Also, the pap might not even be a professional pap but an amateur photographer from the Miami area who likes to hang out at the Miami Beach Convention Center for the various shows that exhibit there every week. The MB Convention Center is as busy as the JJC is in NYC. You never know what your camera might capture there, so it’s fun for people who have a photography hobby to go to many of the shows exhibiting there.
It’s possible GB initially posed for the photographer but the guy just continued following him, which after a while just got on his nervous already and GB simply chased him off and asked him to stop but he tried to do it with humor hoping the guy would get the point. It’s truly sad that people exaggerate the truth instead of sticking to it. The truth could be strange enough; there is no need for exaggeration.

Ok, Mr butler your looking too out of shape, please work out or eat less or watch what your eating. Please! it is looking gross

I think the pap might be smiling or that might be a surprised look on his face (mouth slightly open and flinching). Who knows from those pics. My only point is that the fact that Gerry is smiling does not necessarily mean that he is joking. He has smiled when very angry before. He is an actor after all.
I’m sure there is a video or other photos in addition to personal accounts that have fueled the “story” or “description” that JJ and the other site are using. They both said that the pap was “being intrusive”. JJ is labeling the pics as “fun” and the other site has included the detail that Gerry spit on the pap. So which is correct? I don’t know. My point is that these pics mean nothing to me because I’ve seen him seething through a smile many times before.

Really, Anthony? Because the guy clearly has been working out, and is thinner than he’s been in a very long time. I guess you like your men manorexic. I think he’s looking pretty awesome myself.

@Anthony:
I’m not sure we’re looking at the same pictures.. To me, he looks quite slim – even too much so. If you want to look at someone slimmer than Gerard, you need to start looking at women. But then, you probably think that Victoria Beckham is an overweight yeti, too. Perhaps you’re only option is to dig your eyeballs out with a teaspoon and preserve them for a point in the future where we’re all perfect itty-bitty silicone models, because you aren’t likely to be pleased aesthetically any time soon.. The real world prevails! My sincerest apologies. :D
And now, speaking of the real world.. I’m gonna go soak up the sunshine. Have a lovely day, everyone. :D

stupidfans @ 12/05/2010 at 12:55 am

@Nuts: Spitting is considered assault in many areas, so he should watch it given his history. He cut in line in front of someone today too, so it sounds like he was in a bad mood and being rude all around. Just like the time he punched the pap, he should have notified the security that is on hand at these events and had them remove the guy instead of blowing his top.

@Spitting?: Your post shows you are trying too hard to find something to crab about. Vegas said it best, A picture is worth a thousand words.

Sure he’s gone off on paps before. But this is just so obvious a good time, one wonders about the motive of anyone trying to read anything else into it.

Spitting? @ 12/05/2010 at 1:07 am

Spitting is considered “battery”, i.e. an unwanted offensive or harmful touching. Considering his past battery charge, I hope this is untrue.

honestly... @ 12/05/2010 at 1:07 am

Well, they don’t call him “Spittle” for nothing– maybe it was accidental? ;)

swoon . . . .

@stupidfans: I’ve read about enough of your stupid posts. You know dam.n well he didn’t spit. But you keep it up. Really, what is wrong with you? Sad, sad, sad little person. Does bashing Gerard Butler on a gossip site make up for what’s lacking in your life? This is the first and last time I will address you. Sad, sad, sad little person.

@becca:
I thought the eel was in his pants…
@CorBlimey:
I agree…. Dianne the Peen Obsessed is the leader of the Butler Nutters.
As for the cargo shorts, he looks like he has gone Miami native.
Oh Gerry spits and all the time. He has the nickname Spittle after all. :P

Be careful stupidfans, apparently the Gerry infantry has landed.
@honestly – great minds. :D

honestly... @ 12/05/2010 at 1:17 am

@Manny – indeed! :) :)

Spitting? @ 12/05/2010 at 1:17 am

@oh my:

I’m not crabbing about anything. I have said that either explanation is possible. He is known to joke around, so he might be doing that here. He is also known for smiling when he is really angry. So that is possible too. I’m sure if he really did spit on someone, it will come out. But until then, I think either interpretation of a few pictures is possible.
I am not allowing my personal feelings about the man cloud the “possibility” of either. Instead I think both could be possible based on Butler’s own past actions. I don’t know how much more clear I can be. I have no idea which is correct. JJ might be inferring that Butler is kidding by the smiles, just like others here have, and labeled the pics as such. It might be inaccuate, or it might not be. The fact that the other site included the “spitting” part is curious but also may be inaccurate.

Anyone notice the movie they are promoting at the top of the page? Is that Butler’s autobiography?

Observation @ 12/05/2010 at 1:21 am

@Manny:
“Be careful stupidfans, apparently the Gerry infantry has landed”
And you arrived just in time to upset everyone – sad.

stupidfans @ 12/05/2010 at 1:23 am

@jessica: Which of your socks will be addressing me instead?

@stupidfans:
Apparently it is now Observation. ;)

lets just stop people,breathe!!!!!!!! he is a guy, not perfect , not uber charitable, not 100% nice. just a guy, kinda of a slob, gruff, rude and gross at times….puts his pants on one leg at a time like other blokes……. and normal?well as normal as a guy can be with women clambering for his nose, thighs, pe.en, eyes etc..and scrutinising his every move 24/7 and making millions for acting?.lol

Personally I’m kinda of sick of the gerry f.arts rainbow people on these threads( GOD I miss Spanky and Cube) Manny clean up on aisle 4 please.

thank you stupidfans for giving balance to those who worship at the alter of St. Gerard.

I’m a fan, of 300, Gamer and Rocknrolla like the movies : could care less who he stuffs his sausage in..

nuff said, happy drooling ladies, be back when he makes a good movie again.

No strings attached? Lord. What a yawn.

After reading tonight, I know why I’ve not been here in ages.

I’m off for good. Hey, spit, spit. What a bunch of idiots. Oh, I feel so good being free of this place and people who converse with idiots. Oh, Stupid, my last goodbye. Don’t bother responding, I won’t be here to read your idiotic hateful spewing response.

@Vegas:
There was probably an underage girl in the car. Or two.

@flotsam:
Ah sweetie, don’t wait for a good movie. We may never hear from you again. :P
F*rting rainbows sounds a lot less painful than passing unicorns…

stupidfans @ 12/05/2010 at 1:40 am

@Manny: Gerry and rainbows and one horned stallions? Don’t make it so easy for me! ;)

@gracey: Yes you will. You’ll use another sock.

honestly... @ 12/05/2010 at 1:41 am

@flotsam: “could care less who he stuffs his sausage in..”
———
lmao! I commend your turn of phrase. :)

SPANKS…We LOVE you…send up smoke signals…33333333..♥♥♥♥

seriously guys, in the header pic …. the one on the right …. it does look like he’s getting ready to spit

He looks better than brad pitt any day, great eyes

@Nobody You Know:
It was a while ago that Bianca said that on her Twitter. She’s in a relationship now.

stupidfans @ 12/05/2010 at 1:56 am

@becca: Hmm. I was trying to figure out if he looked like he was taking a dump in a diaper, but he might be getting ready to spit.

Mr. Giggles @ 12/05/2010 at 2:29 am

G’s probably on the phone with Alan …… checking to see if spitting on a pap is legal …..
Ready …. Aim …… Spittle !!!!!!

From where does he get those awful looking T-shirts….?

If Gerry spit on the pap, Lainey is going to have a field day….

does freddy have gerry’s c.ock hat in the right hand pocket of his pants?

Subject: Cabin Boy for Oy

Dear Paparazzo,

Please do not clean or launder anything you wore or had with you during your Gerard photo scuffle.

There is a lucrative market in Gerard Butler touched items. Those with his DNA could be priceless as we could replicate the DNA in a lab and sell it like potato chips for a hungry following.

I can help you capitalize on this market. Call me.

555-DA-QUEEN

No really. Call me. I have a holiday trip to plan and my commission on the sale could buy me a shiny new yacht and a cabin boy.

Wealth and riches,

Oy

P.S. Lainey is going to be jealous that she didn’t think of this first.

Gerard is a really beautiful and sexy. Look, Brad side of Gerry,

He gets so ‘roidy when he loses weight.

@becca:
Freddy’s legs look really weird in that pic. Like he has white powder on them or something: http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2501009/gerard-butler-photographer-fun-07/fullsize/

@sofia: It might be sunscreen. Some very strong sunscreens can look like white paste on your skin. He also seems to have lost some pigment in patches on his arm which would make a strong sunscreen even more important.

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 6:56 am

@becca:

…indeed the infamous c*ck hat…hidden? …why?

her face shines when he smiles, it looks, like, Gerry, saw a very big cake

Mystery_Me @ 12/05/2010 at 8:45 am

He’s openly experiencing the transformative power of art and the beauty of the human spirit, then off to start cooking lessons. =)

why can’t I post?

I’ve been trying 2 post some pics 4 you guys but it just doesn’t work =(

full_gerard_butler_07_wenn3126755

oops … that didn’t work either .

Sweet Tea @ 12/05/2010 at 9:46 am

He likes th’ cakes, that’s fur sure; only when they’re homemade.:g

Kaiser has posted some of these photos of Gerry and she is commenting on how he looks good in them. She is wondering if he has had a little touch up work done because she even says he looks younger in these pics. He said he is taking better care of himself and just maybe some of the L’Oreal products are helping. He does look more rested.

@lolita: There is definitely something different, and I’d say it’s around his eyes. I don’t know when he would have had time to get ‘work’ done though. But I’m not up on all the new things out there. Whatever, he’s looking good. If it’s the L’Oreal products, I think I’ll get some for myself. LOL.

@Old Mia: Oh I agree, I don’t think he has had the time to have gone under the knife but I don’t know much about botox or the fillers that they have out there. He does look more rested around the eyes.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 11:32 am

With that said, what would you think if Gerard announced he was gay? Would you be surprised or disappointed?

@Just asking:
For myself I would be surprised at that statement but it really would’nt change how I feel about him. I just would’nt be able to say I would shimmy up his leg anymore.

@Just asking: Well, that’s a moot point because it’s not ever going to happen. (If he were gay, something would have come out by now. No pun intended.)

But, to answer your question, I’d be both surprised and disappointed. Simply because it would mean he’d been putting one over on everybody all these years.

gotta be kidding @ 12/05/2010 at 12:02 pm

@Just asking:

couldnt care in the least if he was gay, quite frankly the botox thing bothers me more

cubedweller @ 12/05/2010 at 12:03 pm

@Just asking: Seriously, I’d be glad as fvck if he came out. Then maybe he’d stop treating women (girls) like handi-wipes. Not holding my breath tho. His career is too dependent on the macho bs.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 12:05 pm

@Old Mia:

LMBO at your unintended pun! I feel like you do. I would be disappointed that he had been lying all these years. He has denied he was gay or bisexual in several interviews. But I would still be fan of work–the good movies like Dear Frankie and 300. Here’s hope that Machine Gun Preacher is a showcase for his talent.

Thanks to you and Lolita for your honest answers. I hope to have more conversations with you!

cubedweller @ 12/05/2010 at 12:08 pm

So Freddy is the keeper of the **** hat? He really must be a trusted friend. Shouldn’t that thing have disintegrated like compost by now?
Did anyone notice the boo-boo on his ankle? Maybe poor little Lolita has had it with being left behind.
Happy Sunday, all you JJ regs and irregs.

@ Just Saying, Why would you ask this…is it just a feeling you have or is it something you know? I guess because he is known to hang with some gay people and some of his associates are gay that it might give reason that he could be…but I won’t believe it until it comes from him. He seems to be an odd duck at times but I would hope if he is…it would not effect his career as an actor in any way.

@Just asking: Thank you. Anytime that I am on the site and you wish to communicate with me I will be more than happy to respond.

trying to figure it out @ 12/05/2010 at 12:31 pm

@Just Asking
I think that has been approached before. Me, I couldn’t care less if he were gay or straight. However, how many other actors out there have said they were straight and then it turned out they were gay? It wouldn’t be the first time someone lied to protect their career. If he did “come out” the phannies would have a melt down!

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 12:36 pm

@lolita:

I do have friends who live in New York and they have “hinted” at it but have not said anything definite or given any proof. I think their opinion is just based on things they heard. They made an interesting case to me at dinner last night and it made me think, that’s all. I personally have no inside knowledge. I am just a fan like everyone else.

I don’t understand the big deal surrounding sexuality. His sexual orientation doesn’t make any difference to me. I wish we lived in a world that was less judgmental. However, during the course of our conversation the point was made that if it turned out he was gay or even bisexual, probably some of his fans would abandon him and the 1,000s of fan sites he seems to have. Those fans drive ticket sales. So if he is, and I don’t know if he is or isn’t, he has a reason to hide it. I could never live my life that way.

@Just asking: I know it drove Ricky Martin crazy by his own words. Your right about people being too judgemental…unfortunately I have fallen into that concept at times…much to my discredit. It might lose the fans that have an unhealthy fixation on him but I think his true fans would stick by him.

@Just asking: I would be both but more disappointed (not because he would be gay) but because it would mean he had been lying about it for so long…
I don’t like this spitting angle on some of the stories from Miami :(
Hello JJers! *big hug to RedO and the other usuals (I decided I don’t like “regulars” anymore :)))

My gut feeling is that at the very least he may have experimented with  men. Particuarly if he does have such a reportedly rapacious sexual appetite. It really wouldn’t surpised me if it came out that he dabbled with dudes. He is an actor afterall. And I have to say in the films I’ve seen him in, he never really looks quite as committed in love scene compared to some actors. He always looks lusty instead of loving. Maybe he’s just too self involved, or too immature, or perhaps he’s never really been in love. There’re always something a bit removed about him.

He was very pretty when he was younger and he’s stil good looking bloke. And he’s admitted himself he can be extreme in certain situations.

It’s funny about GB, how on one hand some people are ready to believe he may be gay or bi, and on the other hand some rant on about what a randy manho he is. He can’t be both, can he? LOL.

Will the real Gerard Butler ever stand up?

It is possible he could be both.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 2:12 pm

@KDHT:

That is what I find so funny, too! My friends, even though they have no definite proof, stand by their belief he is gay. I believed the manho image but they are making me think.

Maybe “oh dear” is closest to the truth–he has experimented with men but likes women, too?

Thanks for the intelligent conversation.

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 2:14 pm

@LauraS:

*big hug to you too* ;D

Perhaps he is asexual.

I would not be surprised at all. That being said, Butler has never denied he was bisexual to my knowledge. I have never heard anyone ask that question of him. He has said he is not gay.

From what I’ve read, heterosexual men do not dabble in men unless there is a sexual addiction of some kind. Most men I’ve heard say they used men as well as women in their sexual addiction usually swing both ways.

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 2:38 pm

I don’t know if this is from a reliable source …

I’m not gay, I’m not straight, I’m just me

@ SRH Now that would really surprise me. Can you imagine! Instead taking home various beautiful people for days and nights of hedonistic pleasuring that would put Sodom and Gormorroh to shame – what he really does when he leaves all those clubs and parties is just go home to one of his various penthouses and loft apartments and tucks himself up in bed – all alone -with a cup of coco, a la Kenneth Williams. That would be hilarious. And that would also make him a truly great actor. hehehehe

gotta be kidding @ 12/05/2010 at 3:00 pm

i dont think hes totally gay, i do think he has experimented with guys, esp if he is really into group sex like he says he is.

@ Hawkins I think you might be right. I’ve never heard any journalist ask him if he’s bi or if he’s experimented sexually with men. I wonder if a journalist would have the nerve to ask such questions, and I wonder what his answer would be. Whatever Mr Butler said it would be extremely enlightening wouldn’t it. But then again it might push the poor fellow over the edge. He does come across as a bit nervy. Oh no! I sense the ire of the phannies raising. They’re gonna rain down fire and brimstone upon us folks who dare to contemplate such intrusive questions about their Godhead, Butler. Beware beware. I hear the thunder of the phannies. Aghhhhhhh.

Red October, according to Movie/Line where the alleged article was said to have originated, the article and quote is a fake.

As quoted by Movie/Line “Tangy stuff! Where did this bombshell interview come from? Hmm, let’s see here… “Movieline.” Hey, that’s us! So is this thing the real deal, or the product of someone’s overactive imagination? Sorry kids, but this one’s a fake — Butler’s rep Joy Fehily confirms it, and so can we.

Archive.org traces the article’s origin to an NYCWave.com message board where author “Marianne Tydings” posted it in August 2004. (Try Googling the woman’s name — you’ll have no luck.) In the post’s supposed excerpt from Movieline, Butler is anticipating the release of Phantom of the Opera that year, but a look back through our archives reveals no interview with Butler during that time period. Movieline did talk to Butler about the sequel to Tomb Raider for our July/August 2003 issue, but it’s a completely different interview and there are no salacious quotes about his sexuality.

Also, Movieline’s an American magazine, and we’d never spell the word “scrutinised” without a Z. Who would? How about a British tabloid, or an internet poster whose attempt to whip up an imaginary interview left one easily-discovered grammatical tell?”

@Oh dear: That probably happens more than we realize. I think Mia is right when she says he has been in the public for years now and no man has come forward to claim an affair. That doesn’t mean it has not been possible but with his money and lifestyle you would think someone would try and sell the story or blackmail him if they thought they could. They come out with so many other stories about him without any hesitation. Look at this thread where we have discussed whether he spit on someone. The man is definitely a puzzle. I for one do not think he spit on that paps because we would have seen the picture of him wiping of the aftermath of the spit.

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 3:12 pm

@Just asking:

I’d be very surprised and just a bit disappointed. I’ve had gay friends and have worked with some gay men and they are wonderful and fun to be around. BUT I know none that would appear in public looking as crumpled and mismatched as Gerry.

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 3:13 pm

@SRH:

Thanks, I wasn’t sure about that.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 3:16 pm

@lolita:

I agree that he did not spit on the pap. I think the pic caught him at a certain angle and he looks like he is about to spit. Someone probably assumed he spit based on the angle of the pic.

I think he is probably a much nicer guy than he often gets credit for. I think the phannies make a joke out of him. It’s hard for anyone to take someone seriously who have fans who are so blind to his faults. They make him a target to be the butt of jokes, imo. I include every fan site in that statement.

I think he is just a man who has has dark and light sides. One of them may be an addiction or at least a proclivity to explore sexuality in many different ways.

@Just asking: I agree, but can you see the face of the pap with the size of Gerry barreling down on him and OMG what’s this dude gonna do to me if he thought he was really angry.

Thanks to WO:

Here’s an interesting article on Ralph Fiennes and the creation of “Coriolanus”

@SRH: that would be funny and more shocking than him being gay

Twitter:

Gerald Butler from 300 just took a double take and introduced himself to me………he’s gorgeous and I’m being shy! about 17 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

He’s true to form:

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 3:39 pm

@Just asking: …”fans who are so blind to his faults.”

Indeed I agree with you about tthat. It’s not a good thing to consider a person as flawless and that every thing he does or says is amazing and drool worthy.

@Just asking:
” do have friends who live in New York and they have “hinted” at it but have not said anything definite or given any proof. I think their opinion is just based on things they heard.”
NY is a huge place so I doubt they know any woman who has slept with him much less a man. So how do people make such judgments like that? I think it’s irresponsible of them to hint at something so important when they have no proof. It’s obvious they have the pre-conceived notion that every good-looking actor has to be gay, or that no one could be such a manho as reported Butler is, without being into men as well. Therefore, it’s important to stress that it’s only your friend’s opinion that he’s gay or bi, but nothing really based on proof. Many time people would like to date a guy like him, or be him living his life, and since they realize they can’t, they start believing certain things to make themselves feel better.

That said, I don’t think it’s an illegitimate question to ask or ponder. But like Lolita, Anglesrock, and mia said, if something was out there after all these years, it would have come out already. How about the time before he was famous? No guy from his college years or his time in London has come forth. Furthermore, no guy claiming a relationship with him as a famous star has come forth either.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 3:49 pm

@Honestly:

I agree about the no proof part. But two of them work in the “entertainment business” which is why I even gave their assertions much thought. I don’t think any of them would like to date him–they are all married. And this came up on a whim–we were talking about how sad it is that some entertainers have to hide their true selves so they won’t tick off their fan base. No one was talking about wanting to date him or his looks one way or another. I don’t think it has anything to do with jealously. It’s just based on things they have heard.

@ Red October I think you’re right. He’s probably basically an okay guy. Probably very arrogant and rude sometimes.  Whatever issues he had with sex has definately been made worse because of his fame and fortune that’s for sure – like most people in his position. When it comes to the phannies and the fansites, all I can say about them and his relationship with them is – the road to hell is pathed with good intentions.  All this not saying anything negative about him and and keeping his relationships quite with women or whoever is really weird, but I’ve never been a member of a fan club, so maybe that’s just the way they operate. But good gracious, they do go a bit nuts when someone says something even midly negative about him. He’s certainly got quit a spell over them. If he ever decides to give up showbusiness he could become a cult leader.

@ just asking re “honestly” post . Me thinks you’ve just been phannied.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 3:56 pm

@Honestly:

Why is it not a legitimate question to ask? People discuss his sex life here all the time. Are you only allowed to discuss his sex life as long as it involves a woman? And this is no the first time questions about his sexuality have been raised. My question was not “is he or is he not?” It was about how would people feel if he announced he was gay. I am a fan whether he is gay, straight or bi. I don’t fantasize about him in my bed or even in my world at all.

The discussion has been respectful and often discussions here are not. I see nothing wrong with asking the question.

@Just asking:
no read my comment again, i said i don’t think it’s an illegitimate question to ask, meaning i do think it’s a legitmate question.
BTW, JJ wouldn’t let me post my comment as one post – it kept sending me to moderation – and there is a 3rd part to my comment so i’m going to try to re-post that last part.

Mystery_Me @ 12/05/2010 at 4:14 pm

@Just asking:

“I don’t want to start a war here. And I don’t have any inside knowledge. I just want to ask a simple question. Most of you seem like intelligent people with a healthy perspective on life.

With that said, what would you think if Gerard announced he was gay?”

Yes you do want to start a war! LOL =) But without inside knowledge why have such a conversation?? No, no, Gerard is not gay. He won’t be announcing anything anytime soon. Cooking lessons or not!!! =)

good look @ 12/05/2010 at 4:16 pm

I have looked at all of the pictures that were taken and I think GB was running behind the photographer trying to get to the taxi. All of the pictures in the museum were taken earlier and posed for. I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think there was any spitting going on.. Just rushing to get to the cab. As a fan, I will say none of us know him, but I accept him as he is with faults and warts just as I have….unconditionally. There are no rose colored glasses…just know we all fall short, myself included. I don’t know his sexuality, but I hope he is happy with his life and continues in front of the camera as an actor because I love to watch him.

I don’t know, it’s not working and Jj keep sending me to moderation and I’m not saying anything illicit.
Anyway, I was trying to say that there are many rumors surrounding him all over the place and not just about his sexuality, and until we catch him in the act or until he admits it, I won’t believe it. I have found out that most rumors tend to be false, with the exception of a very few. And, come to think of it, not many women talked about him either, though we know about his various GFs and we did get the occasional “I had s.e.x with GB” or “GB hit on me in Australia” or whatever stuff from time to time.

@ just asking You’re perfectly entitled to ponder GB’s sexuality, after all most of us ponder other people’s sexuality in real life. Take what the likes of “honestly” post with a pinch of salt. They obviously get a little too worked up about any comments which they construe as negative about Mr Butler, I guess that’s their choice. But I’m with you I do wonder about the guy. No harm in that. He certainly does like em dark and lovely going by that latest twittter. Very pretty girl. Jez the guy does seem to be a little too hooked on hook ups though. Very forward guy. But hey he’s a superstar. What should I expect. Hehehe

justsayin' @ 12/05/2010 at 4:22 pm

@Nuts: He likes ‘em dark, no matter how much the phannies protest that he likes any woman. He goes nuts when he sees dark skin. He’s going to have dark babies some day and they will hate him for it.

@Just Asking, I don’t think you wanted to start a war…you had a discussion with your friends that brought out questions about some heresay remarks they have heard in regards to Gerry’s sex life. Those questions have been asked by many people because he is single. Not everybody is cut out to be married. He has a good life and he is enjoying it to the fullest. He is lucky in some respects and not so lucky in others…that’s how life is.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 4:26 pm

@Honestly:

Sorry. Read it again. I misunderstood. And I think you get the point of my question. I just wondered how people would feel if he were gay or bi. As I said, my friends think many entertainers, and GB was just one of the many we discussed but I am not a fan of any of the others, hide their true selves and present a phone image for the sake of their careers. The only people who will know the true GB are his close friends and family and that is how it should be. As fans, his sexuality shouldn’t affect our respect for his work, imo.

Again, sorry I misread your post.

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 4:34 pm

@CorBlimey:

It’s because of people like us, Blimey. We keep coming here to browse no matter what pix they post and JJ can sell ads. My personal alltime favorite is Gerry exiting a porta-pottie. :) Very big news.

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 4:41 pm

@CorBlimey:

“Journalists” who write this tripe aren’t journalists at all. They are an embarrassment to the so-called profession.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 4:44 pm

@Oh dear:

I would think that if anyone should be jealous of him it would be other guys. He was front and center at the Victoria’s Secret show. He has women throwing themselves at him and even holding a convention in his honor.

As a woman, I am not jealous of his hook-ups and FWB because I have too much self-respect to be anyone’s hook-up.

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 4:47 pm

@CorBlimey:

Blimey, the internet is a whole brave new world. People post stuff who have no cncept of slander and libel. It will change. It has to. Don’t hate all the media for the sins of untrained jerks. I’ve worked for years as a journalist in print and TV and never worked for a company that would tolerate this kind of cr*p. But “yellow journalism” goes back a long way.

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 4:59 pm

@Oh dear:

I see that too and I have never seen anyone see it. To me his sex scenes look awkward and uncomfortable. Never seen one that looked real. Doesn’t mean he’s gay, could be he’s actually more inhibited in some ways than he lets on, at least on screen. Who knows? He grew up Catholic.

justsayin' @ 12/05/2010 at 5:01 pm

@Just asking: I think they would hate him. Too many of his fans and phannies have a preconceived notion of him by how they have romanticized him. No one can live up to that kind of image in someone’s mind.

Of course that’s why most marriages fail too.

That’s why I also think they don’t want to believe he prefers black women. They want to believe he will marry some Scottish lass and live in the highlands with their pasty freckled babies, all wearing kilts. It’s part of the fictional creation they made in their minds as they watched his performances and they don’t want to let go of that. For some it seems like it’s all that keeps them going because they can’t stand what their real lives are like.

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 5:04 pm

@redOctober:

Hi Red, this quote has been kicking around for a long time. I too don’t know if this is reliable. Who shies away from this issue except GB himself?

Rumor is that he is seeing an ex named Jeannia Robinette. She is a make-up artist and was recently photographed in NYC with Gerry. Remember when there was a rumor that Gerry was seeing Jessica Simpson because they were at a dinner party together in NYC? Well, Jessica is friends with Jeannia, which is why Gerry was there.

Any news movie wise?

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 5:09 pm

@SRH:

Good on ya. I never saw an explanation of that quote and never researched it. But if I were to interview him, it would be on my list of questions. So thanks.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 5:12 pm

@curious cat:

I have had a hard time sensing chemistry between him and his costars in a while. I wasn’t impressed with his love scene in Tomb Raider. I do have to say the kiss in Dear Frankie was quite sweet.

I agree–that is not to say he is gay. Maybe he is just uncomfortable doing love scenes.

@just asking. Bit confused. I didn’t say you were jealous of him. I was agreeing with you about pondering his sexuality.

Just asking @ 12/05/2010 at 5:23 pm

@Oh dear:

Wasn’t directed to you specifically nor did I think you thought I was jealous. Just a general observation about what people think. I am sorry if it came across the wrong way.

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 5:28 pm

@Just asking:

Seems to me he might be more inhibited than he lets on, only because, as I said, I have never seen him do a credible hot sex scene. Tomb Raider maybe comes the closest but he gets cut off.

My atttiude about a lot of what’s printed about quotes from him is that if I see a video clip and he says something I believe he said it. That doesn’t mean I believe that he is telling the truth. Only that he actually said what he said. The rest is all question marks.

The biggest question is why, when there are bigger stars than he who live “normal” lives, if there is such a thing, married with families, most of the focus on their work, why is his personal, romantic, sexual life so controversial? It dominates all the threads.

curious cat @ 12/05/2010 at 5:29 pm

Again I went over my 100-post allotment here. Nothing will be settled today. Real life calls. Cheers.

@ just asking that’s ok.:)

gotta be kidding @ 12/05/2010 at 5:50 pm

totally O/T, i’m so sick of seeing this ashton kutcher repeatedly as JJ is hawking his new (flop/bomb) flick. natalie is cool, at least she’s talented, but i just cant stand this guy! when is he going to get a clue, his movies/?acting? sucks! dont mean to offend any AK fans, JMO, getting annoyed.
carry on…….

is a staged, Gerry said, “the paps, will speak now,” look, the blue folder that holds his buddy behind the glass,

Dogs are dropped,; “dogs = paps”
yes Gerry kept the dogs on a leash, until now

@ justsayin I predict coffee colored, blue/green eyed babies for Mr B.

needless to say @ 12/05/2010 at 6:38 pm

Loved the shorts and flip-flps! It makes me want to suck his toe. :-))) Mr big feet.

needless to say @ 12/05/2010 at 6:39 pm

flip-flops!

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 6:42 pm

Some great pieces of art at the Art Basel event (sorry OT) ; )

Question? @ 12/05/2010 at 6:49 pm

@sarah:
Where did you hear the rumor of him with Jeannia Robinette? Is your source credible?
She is supposedly engaged to be married.
They have been seen a few times in NYC together when he was there a few weeks ago. It’s possible they are back togeher but what’s the source that’s reporting this?

Question? @ 12/05/2010 at 6:49 pm

@sarah:
She is supposedly engaged to be married.

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 6:54 pm

@Just asking:

“I think most of the people on this site are the type of fans who accept him as he is as long as he isn’t doing anything illegal.”

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/12/04/gerard-butler-photographer-fun-in-miami/#ixzz17Hheq3pn

That fan description fits me perfectly. Most of us sane fans know the man has faults and readily ridicule the guy when he deserves it.
But I still believe the good far outweighs the bad when it comes to Gerry.

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 6:56 pm

@LOLA:

Oh my!! My little corner here just warmed up greatly. YUM!

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 6:58 pm

@justsayin’:

I actually think it’s a small percent of his fans who react this way.

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 7:00 pm

@curious cat:

I just thought of the bath scene in Attila. Whoa baby, that was hawt!!
And unfortunately we don’t have many sex scenes of his to compare.
I want more Gerry sex scenes so we can discuss appropriately with lots of data.

@redOctober:
Let’s say the truth… he doesn’t seem like he enjoys the art exposition… he’s there strolling in front of the sculptures/pictures dressed like a surfer…..

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 7:07 pm

@angelsrock: “… more Gerry sex scenes so we can discuss appropriately with lots of data.”

…you are a cheeky one ; D

justsayin' @ 12/05/2010 at 7:12 pm

@Oh dear: …and a very hefty alimony check.

@needless to say: It makes me want to vomit. Men need to shoe their feet at all times.

@angelsrock: I don’t know about that. I’ve heard about the meltdowns and it wasn’t just a few people having them.

@angelsrock: Doesn’t it make you wonder why he has so few in his films if he’s such a female heartthrob?

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 7:13 pm

@Merlin: That’s what I’ve thought…pity. We can see others enjoying the exposition , as it should be.

@redOctober:
*waves to RedO* *mwah*
@stupidfans: I saw one of your comments on the last thread, and I wanted to add something. If his mother hadn’t remarried by the time her 3 children were graduating, I guess their tuition fees shouldn’t have been so high.
I think you’re right about him saying he stopped talking about his poor upbringing when it became clear that wasn’t the truth.

gotta be kidding @ 12/05/2010 at 7:24 pm

@Merlin:

ITAWY he looks disinterested. apparently the display wasnt very engrossing to him esp if he cared to chase a pap out – and i totally dont think he spit, thats BS! he prob. went there for a friend.

In The Know @ 12/05/2010 at 7:28 pm

To @Sarah Jeannia is still engaged to actor Evan Hart. His FB page is updated regularly.

redOctober @ 12/05/2010 at 7:31 pm

@Merlin:

Nice to see you Merl ; ) *hugs*

@gotta be kidding:

I don’t think the “spit thing” is true either. It’s stupid and gross. He can be gross and stupid sometimes, but I doubt he would be both at the same time…well, sort of. ; D

gossiphound @ 12/05/2010 at 7:35 pm

@Old Mia: You can get mini facelifts done practically over your lunch hour now so when he lays low for a few days I wonder, but then I don’t think he would bother unless he had a reason to look esp good for reasons beyond trolling for strange as Kaiser puts it, like a movie to film, an award show to attend, a L’Oreal film or ad to shoot………..

justsayin' @ 12/05/2010 at 7:36 pm

@gotta be kidding: He probably went there because it was the place to be seen if you’re in the social climbing network.

Without a doubt there will be a lot of big parties in Miami for the holidays. He might be checking in to enjoy those and the models before he goes off to spend the holiday skiing or with his family. I say the last part with hesitation because he doesn’t seem to spend a lot of his down time with his family or in Scotland for all his talk about how great it is. The Victoria’s Secret models see him more frequently than Scotland does.

gossiphound @ 12/05/2010 at 7:40 pm

@lolita: Speaking of hiding in the closet, not that it was a big surprise to me, but it nearly drove George Michael to suicide. I remember reading a bio and he actually had wanted to come out whilst still in Wham! but Andrew Ridgeley and his girlfriend, one of the back up singers, she married to Martin Kemp now, Shirley something or other, [now Andy was a raging heterosexual] talked him out of it.

gossiphound @ 12/05/2010 at 7:47 pm

@KDHT: Speaking of George Michael he apparently played the part of the randy popstar/manho quite well during the Wham! period. I think it’s part of the denial, maybe if you have sex with enough women and enjoy it maybe you aren’t gay because hey let’s face it even today it’s easier not to be gay.

@justsayin’:
* * *
ROFLMAO…. so true!!!!!!!
Yeah yeah, Scotland is great but Gerard never cared to live here in the last 15 years and now he isn’t here to dig his car out of the snow….

Yes and who’d have thought Andrew would have settled down as he was quite the manwhore but he’s been with Keren from Bananarama for 20 years. Not sure if they ever married.

@gossiphound: GH, he was on Oprah not to long ago and he was talking about it. He said he is so much happier now that the burden is off his shoulders. He can enjoy his life now and his twin babies.

gossiphound @ 12/05/2010 at 8:01 pm

I think Keren would be smart not to marry old Randy Andy, keep him in line maybe.

Gerry awkward in love/sex scenes? I must need glasses because is there anything hotter than the scene in 300 – I am sorry but the chemistry between Lena and Gerry, combustible. And even with Swank in PS I Love You. Less combustible more like you expect from a couple that’s be married that long.

I could list many many actors who look more awkward to me in love/sex scenes, now in some cases it is hard to judge since sometimes the role calls for it but has uh James Franco ever had a kissing scene. With a woman that is. Seriously I’d want to check it out.

GH, I didn’t know that about George Michael…I know he has had many problems over the last few years. They did the same to Ricky Martin..selling him as a female heart breaker. i have to say the video of him singing La Vita Loca was way sexy.

angelsrock @ 12/05/2010 at 8:11 pm

@justsayin’:

Didn’t notice the meltdowns; guess I was out of the loop there.

Tell me about it!! Why no sex scenes? It is weird. Think about the R movies he’s done: TUT = perfect scenerio = nada. I almost threw my shoe at the screen after that last scene.
Rocknrolla= he was sick? Give me a break.
Beowulf and Grendel = wtf was that?? Could have been a raw savage sex scene. I guess they were too cold. LOL
Gamer = zip. Could have had a very sensual flashback of Kable and his wife.
It really is weird.

Let me get a hold of a script!!!

@Question?:

I think my source would know. I do know for sure that Jeannia is no longer engaged.

@gossiphound: GH the kissing video that Angelsrock linked us too made me bite my lip…he didn’t look awkward there. The sex scene in 300 was just not long enough.

Have a great night JJr’s fun and interesting discussions today. Goodnight.♥

@In The Know:

No, Jeannia is not engaged. They recently split. We have mutual friends. But I was told that Gerry and Jeannia were seeing each other while she was still with her former fiance (maybe that’s the reason for the split), and that Gerry would cheat on gf’s with Jeannia over the years. Who knows, maybe those two will end up together.

Question? @ 12/05/2010 at 8:31 pm

@In The Know:
are you sure it’s Evan’s FB? i have tried to look for it but couldn’t find it.
yes, i did think Jeannia is engaged to him, yet she does hang out with GB a lot. it’s peculiar but who knows????

Couldn’t be Jeannia, she’s not black, right? Sorry, I’m being flip.

Apparently White females are the scum of the universe on gb boards.@Hawkins:

Poor Lainey @ 12/05/2010 at 8:56 pm

@ANonnyMouse:

You’re right. Tony and Bianca broke up earlier this year and she’s seeing someone new.

I doubt she’d be stupid enough to take back Gerry. While it lasted with Tony, she seemed happier with him than with Gerry.

Question? @ 12/05/2010 at 9:01 pm

@sarah:
I was thinking that too when I saw the pix of them together in a function in NYC. I didn’t buy the story that Jeannia was engaged, and that she and GB are just friends. Some posters here on JJ snapped at anyone who questioned their friendship and asked why two people can’t be platonic friends without everyone thinking they are sexually involved. Well, with GB, it’s hard to think that anyone he slept with in the past who hangs around him in the present, is just a platonic friend.
Obviously, if he cheated on GF’s with Jeannia, but didn’t end up with her, he cheated on her too with other GF’s. To me, it’s sounds like she is one of his FWB.

I think if he is seeing her now, it means he is in a dry period in his life; he needs sex but doesn’t want to entangle himself with someone new. Sounds more like a FWB situation that Jeannia got herself into instead of closing the deal with him, or making a clean break. Was he worth ruining her relationship with Evan? Isn’t she in her early 40′s?

I often heard that his GFs can’t get over him and would do anything to be with him sexually. Anyway, if all this is true, all the speculation about his sexuality is a moot point. In addition, the accusations that he likes young girls in their early 20′s, could be just PR. It’s possible he just flirts with young girls to pretend that a hookup has occurred in order to fuel his reputation of the manho.
BTW, we also heard that she is pregnant because of some photos from about 6 weeks ago showing her quite heavy.

In the Know @ 12/05/2010 at 9:05 pm

@Question?:

Yes look for Jeannia’s FB then at her friends. Evan’s is a picture of their dog. He last updated beginning Dec and still shows engaged. Maybe he doesn’t know he’s been cheated on??. If you look at his pics there is one of him and Jeannia. Click and it takes you to some lovely pics of Jeannia’s 40th birthday last year which Gerry, Freddy Bosche and Jared Leto attended.

Poor Lainey @ 12/05/2010 at 9:07 pm

@lolita:

To me it wouldn’t make a difference if he came out or not but I doubt he is gay. Just because he hangs around some gay people and has gay friends mean nothing. I have gay friends and I can assure you I’m a straight arrow.

hellotheregb @ 12/05/2010 at 9:16 pm

@angelsrock: listen to the directors comments with Amber V. she sounds like a “sex” scence would never happen. I agree his early stuff lots of rubby dubby! but the big American blockbuster money films nada. hummmmm?

CC what is up with you and the ” he was raised catholic and can’t have great sex”!LOL I do believe that there are those out there raised Catholic do like sex!
hugs all! hugs to you Gman! and you too Guido!

Poor Lainey @ 12/05/2010 at 9:18 pm

@Honestly:
In some interview a few years back a bit after the Phantom of the Opera came out, some guy who claimed to have known Gerry in Glasgow said that he had to be gay because he would peroxyde his hair blonde (I’ve seen the pic and he looks younger).

But that means nothing as a lot of guys back in the 80ies and even 90ies would dye their hair. How to explain the punks then who wear their hair in mohawks and some even dye their hair bright colors and I’ve known some to be real lady chasers, not gay at all.

It’s so easy to dissect somebody’s character and to come up with impressions not based on facts to call somebody gay.

One article you would find online if you Googled him in 2005 was the one about him being supposedly bisexual but that same article was eventually proven to be a fake one.

If he was gay, it would have come out already. I think he’s definitely into the ladies and even if he likes threesomes, it doesn’t mean he’s going to have sex with another man as for him a threesome is 2 women pleasuring him.

Also he’s from Europe and in Europe there is nothing unusual about 2 heterosexual men who know each other either because they’re relalted or good friend to kiss each other and hug but because we don’t do that in America, people will jump to conclusions.

Actually one of you made a comment as he could be going home alone and drinking hot coco while watching tv or reading with only Lolita as the only female in his life and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was more true than to label him a manwhore as we have no proof that he bangs every model he poses with or that he’s only into the tall think skinny model preferably exotic-looking as he has been seen looking very interested in other type of women.

Question? @ 12/05/2010 at 9:19 pm

@In the Know:
OK, I have Jeannia’s FB so I’ll look for it. But if Evan is on her FB and he still says engaged on his FB, it poses very interesting questions. Are Sarah’s sources good, which she says they are, or is Evan very much in the dark about his Jeannia? I really hope she is not playing Evan, and that Gerry is not playing Jeannia. These types of triangles have a tendency to end up being very emotionally bad for everyone involved.

hellotheregb @ 12/05/2010 at 9:21 pm

@angelsrock: I agree what happened with the scene in Beowolf? peeps talked about it and when I saw it I had to rewind a few times which only took a second because it was over with before it started and was harsh. her lines and the over mood changed to “lets just get it over with mate”.

Poor Jeannia if she is prego with Gergiolo’s bambino! He just beelined for some beauty at the Art show with no shame or class!

In the Know @ 12/05/2010 at 9:36 pm

@Question?:

He posted in late Oct about some bumpy flight and she commented that she and Samy their dog were missing him. I’d assume from that they were at least still together then. Unless he is in denial or doesn’t know why not update your Facebook back to Single especially when he seems a regular user?? It’s not like he has to make a big broadcast. Doesn’t add up!!

Bonnie Shirley @ 12/05/2010 at 9:49 pm

@oy:

I am an old Gerard Fan, meaning I am old, not him! That is actually funny! The DNA comment. I dont think he farts rainbows, and actually neither does he.

He usually needs someone with him as he otherwise is high strung and high maintenance. Always been a fighter (see some of his interviews) from young, and aggressive.

He has gotten better with age, but I like these types of men, they can stop and be good hearted dudes which makes up for a lot.

I understood he had damage to the nerves in his face on the right, due a childhood serious illness, which causes some of his mouth problems. It can be seen more in some roles than in others.

He also had a right eye injury in his 20s, in an acting role, which likely accounts for his occasional right eye issues. He almost lost the eye.

Some of you poor dudes and dudettes are up pretty late for snarky comments. Seems like not much going on in life for some of you. I take a break from research and writing, to see what is new on Gerry; some of you need to be busier, young people. Oldbutnotdead.

Question? @ 12/05/2010 at 9:57 pm

@In the Know:
ITAWY – doesn’t add up.

@Poor Lainey The guy in Scotland referred to Gerry as campy. He didn’t say gay.

Jeannia and Evan are still indeed engaged.

@Hawkins:
What did they mean by campy?

@Bonnie Shirley:
Maybe you’re busy but you’ve no sense of humour, because here we like to joke a lot….
A big part of this crowd comes here, like me, to enjoy a good laugh…. Sorry but I can’t help myself but smile when I read some of Gerry’s fans comments….
By the way, why do people presume we’re shallow, ugly, old, fat women with a miserable life??
I’m pretty satisfied with mine but I don’t appear as I am because I dislike Gerry’s rooster cap or his pink shorts???
We’re busy too darling, but that doesn’t stop us to see clearly that Gerrrirrrddd has his faults and, like all the celebrities, he goes very often under public scrutiny.

@Question. No one asked for an explanation that I remember.

@curious cat:
~~
HAhahahHAHhahha!! Love the image..

Also, CC, I will endeavour to think better of the media, as you’ve suggested. I’ve been reading your posts for almost a year, and love your balanced and analytical view of things, so I’m willing to listen to your standpoint. Thanks for your comments. :D

@CorBlimey:
um.. CC is a reference to curiouscat.. (I thought I’d better clarify that, because I’ve just seen another poster using CC.. oops!)

Bonnie Shirley @ 12/06/2010 at 1:09 am

@Nuts:

that site has some ugly stuff on it regularly, seems to come from the head of the writer, not from real life. All you people are up really late writing these lame, sneering comments! and I thought I lived a boring life!

Spitting is not equivalent to punching, and more of these paparazzi should be punched. He is not a spitter (at least not on purpose).

Bonnie Shirley @ 12/06/2010 at 1:15 am

@Merlin:

You have not said anything I disagree with! I just think most of the comments I read are not amusing, not witty, and not jokes; they tend to be mean spirited, poorly thought out, and inarticulate. I think many fans think he walks on water. I don’t and I still enjoy his antics and his films, although often I just want to sound like his mother and say Gerrrrddd….!

Nobody said you were old and fat! As old as I am (I grew up with Elvis in the 50s), I would never say that!

I guess I just think jokes should be funny, or amusing or witty…

I can’t post. JJ is just eating up my posts. What if I never talk to any of you again? I still love Gerard. G. Whoever. I’ll try again tomorrow.

I do think I remarked about the awful Ashton movie we are subjected to at the side. Make it go AWAY.

Mellifera @ 12/06/2010 at 1:52 am

Hmmm, Gerry is looking verrrrry fresh in these pictures (the ones where he’s not wearing the hat especially).
And that photographer DOES have great legs – good spotting!

Ex-er-size @ 12/06/2010 at 1:58 am

Come on now people. Exercize and clean eating will make his body nice (and it’s great here,) but 100 push-ups won’t influence that face. He’s always been gorgeous, but now he’s back to THAT face. And he’s flaunting it. What the heck? Whatever. He’s just beautiful. I don’t care what did it. IT’S BACK.

@Ex-er-size: THAT face. Isn’t that why we are here in the first place? I could say so much more, but I won’t.

Well, I’ll just say seeing him riding on that horse when the little kid became Attila, I was a gone. And I still am.

@In the Know:
Jeannia and Evan just split up like a couple of weeks or so ago. I do know this for a fact. Looks like he hasn’t posted anything on his FB since the split. Her and GB have been doin’ it, and I can’t say that I blame her.

@sarah:
honestly, he’s been in LA for the last 3 weeks while she lives in NYC, so how have they been doing it for the last couple of weeks? also, she wasn’t even at his BD party.
seriously, if you know something specific you need to post it otherwise no one will believe your story. just saying you know it’s true, will not cut it.
seriously, is what your saying a fact, or are you just speculating?

@sarah:
But isn’t she a little too pale to be his type?

In the Know @ 12/06/2010 at 4:59 am

@sarah:

Well it appears some people may just read Just Jared LOL as between my last post and looking just now Evan Hart is no longer listed as friends on Jeannia Robinette’s FB page. His page is still out there as he was active 4-5 hours ago – his page still says Engaged. Interesting. Is she on tour with 30 Seconds to Mars??

Yves Saint Laurent and Vogue, along with host, Loren Ridinger, hosted Evenings in Vogue last night.

Curious Carla @ 12/06/2010 at 9:37 am

@IRMA: Look at Serena Williams’s legs, they are bigger than Gerry’s are, and look at them in comparison to Kelly Rowland’s legs. I know she is an athelete, but those are some HUMONGOUS legs there.

redOctober @ 12/06/2010 at 10:48 am

nyclos100 Me and Gerard butler Chillin last night. http://yfrog.com/necei01j
13 minutes ago

moldy oldie @ 12/06/2010 at 12:07 pm

hmmmm another fashion show ……maybe he wants his own clothing line? Russell Simmons was there,maybe he would fund him like he did Kimora, lol.

I wonder what he would call it?

Shabby chunk
Wrinkle fest
Easy access
Off the floor
…………………………………….happy Monday, peeps of Butlerdom

@question:

Like I said, we have mutual friends. What I heard was that J and GB had been seeing each other even while she was engaged. Her and her fiance officially split up in recent weeks. I only know that it was at least 2-3 weeks ago, could be a little longer. But we all know that relationships usually don’t just end all of a sudden – it’s usually coming for a while. She was hanging out with GB while he was recently in NYC. Maybe she didn’t go to his birthday party because she was in the middle of a break-up over her ‘friendship’ with him, who knows (that is just speculation).

@moldy oldie:

King Dong Male Celeb Style?

redOctober @ 12/06/2010 at 12:40 pm

Today I will be watching BAFTA preview of Coriolanus which stars Ralf Fiennes, Vanessa Redgrave and Gerard Butler. about 9 hours ago via web

well Gerard Butler was certainly very impressive, I think I under rated him as an actor before today 30 minutes ago via web

I like the Jeania and Gerry as a couple story. She is at least a professional, age appropriate intelligent woman and they look good together. She is his equal in all aspects.

@Hawkins:

Well, it’s not like Jeania doesn’t know what he is like.

And, if she (allegedly) was willing to cheat on her fiance with a guy who knew she was engaged…well…I think that speaks volumes, too, about both J and G.

However, this is all hearsay at this point.

Stinkylouise @ 12/06/2010 at 2:08 pm

“However, this is all hearsay at this point.”

Especially since he is ,once again,front row centre at a fashion show.Happily drooling at all the PYT’s.LOL!

“However, this is all hearsay at this point.”
Hearsay bordering on libel. Accusing this woman of cheating on her fiance, claiming she left Evan when he is STILL saying they’re engaged, isn’t harmless gossip. These accusations are very serious and they’re being made without one shred of proof. Jeannia gets photographed with G in NY and people start writing fan fiction. But this isn’t harmless fan fiction. It’s a shi.tty thing to do to Jeannia and a shi.tty thing to do to Evan.
(Sorry, I’ve been sick with the flu and I’m in a bad mood.)

@oldie moldy…”Off the Floor” has my vote..♥

@Curious Carla:
Oh, yeah. Serena Williams is so unattractive , not to mention violent. She doesn’t exactly belong in a fashion show – it’s too delicate for her lol. I think she was trying to hit on Gerry thinking that the reports that he likes Black women are true. He may like black women from time to time but not cows like her.

@Curious Carla:

@redOctober:
@moldy oldie:
No, he’s not distracted; he is just not impressed. I don’t think he liked the company lol.
Like Moldy Oldie said, another fashion show with more wannabee celebrities, and lots of pretty models around – at this point they are a dime a dozen. Obviously, he is looking for more than just a pretty face in a woman. it’s got to be someone who understands him and his lifestyle, and most definitely someone who is compatible with him emotionally.

moldy oldie @ 12/06/2010 at 2:59 pm

Butler needs a Mrs Potatoe Head approach to his love life.

Monday……….Insert brown hair here, blue eyes there, stick legs here
Tuesday………Blonde hair, green eyes, big boo.bs

then he can have the same base but different looks to keep him interested….sorry rambling. hey good to see Merlin, Cora and Melifera!
CJ and themask….heheheh.wink

……..geez I need another coffee……slap slap wake up….. I so don’t want to be at work today, Miami would be ok. shaking fist at Butler for leaving me here and freezin

Back to work…………..ugh

@In the Know:
So Evan and Jeannia are not friends anymore on FB??? So do you think she read JJ and dropped him from her FB list? Why then on his page he is still saying engaged? So strange……….

@moldy oldie:
LMAO! don’t forget the small brain for being dumb enough to try and be in a relationship with him and a huge heart for the patience she would need!

@Nuts:
Absolutely! If this hearsay is true, it doesn’t bode well for either Gerry or Jeannia. He should not be trying to ruin her relationship with another man when he knows full well that he is not into commitments; it’s dishonest.
And, she, what does it say about her? She is dishonest too.
But either way, if she is willing to cheat on her fiancé with him, I doubt he’ll be trusting her all that much to get into a committed relationship with her, so she’ll always be just a FWB for him. He has major trust issues as is, and if a woman is willing to cheat on her man with him, that means, in the back of his mind, she will be willing to cheat on him too. His brain is distorted like that, but regardless, that’s how it usually is, because what goes around does come around. If his mind weren’t so distorted, he would have been looking for something meaningful a long time ago, instead of hanging out with the models that he is obviously not impressed by.

I said I liked Gerry and Jeania as a couple because they are equal and look good together. I didn’t say a word about this other crap floating around questioning Jeania’s or Gerry’s moral conduct. Who really knows what goes on in the lives of others?

Who said libel? Well, get in line. The internet is full of gossip sites and if anyone wants to take them on, go for it and good luck. The courts would be backed up for years. Gossip is a nasty business and by just being here, we condone it. I plead guilty too.

stupidfans @ 12/06/2010 at 7:25 pm

@sarah: If that’s trhey sound like a match made in heaven. No moral standards or ethics and both desperate to be in the jet set.

@Hawkins: I wasn’t referring to your post! I’m apologise for any confusion. :)
You were speculating and giving opinion, that’s the backbone of gossip boards. My post was regarding those who were stating things as facts. That’s when you’re courting libel. There is a very big distinction when it comes to defamation when it comes to stating opinions as opposed to stating facts.
Now all of this is moot because libel laws haven’t extended to anonymous posters on the internet. But there were some here last night who certainly seemed to violate the spirit of those principles. I find libel laws to be very good guidelines when posting gossip. They give you a very good idea of how far is too far. These are very real people we discuss here, some are private citizens, not celebrities, and people can do them real harm by making accusations about their character when they claim these accusations as facts, not merely opinions.

@Cora:
get off your high horse already and stop lecturing, please.

I think it’s hilarious how the “anti” fans like to come here and try to stirr up the so called “phannies”. You spend more time throwing crap around then they do smelling his rainbow laced farrts!

You all need to get a life. You’re pathetic and as one person has so amply named him/herself, very “stupid”.

Funny to see Gerry in MIami for Art Basel !
It was NOT really that warm here.
…. flp flops?
OMG!
lol
Freddy Bosche?
FRIEND?
Mmmmm
Isn’t that how Ricky Martin started out?
No guy is 41, and has NEVER been married!
( not even one child ? ? )
At least George Clooney “SHOWS” off his women .. THAT IS what real men do. We ARE proud of our ladies …….

@Dan: I am NOT trying to mean to Gerard, I love this guy a lot.
Come on, everyone. NO ONE goes thorugh life without a partner.
Straight, or Gay.
Ladies would kill to be with him. You are telling me, Gerard Butler, the most Handsome, coolest male celebrity to date, can NOT find the right girl? To Marry, or just hookup with as a Partner? ?
This blows my mind. I hope he IS Gay. Because he has way TOO many signs that suggest other wise …. sorry peeps!