Blake Lively: Chanel's New Face

Blake Lively: Chanel's New Face

Blake Lively is set to star in a new ad campaign for Chanel!

The 23-year-old Gossip Girl and Green Lantern actress recently traveled to Paris to shoot a campaign for the fashion house’s line of handbags, E!’s Marc Malkin reports. Ads will reportedly launch early next year!

Back in July, Blake sat front row at Chanel’s Fall/Winter show at Paris Fashion Week.

Huge!! Congrats, Blake!

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
Stephanie @ 12/07/2010 at 5:53 pm

Congratulations Blake you totally deserve this huge honour. She is such a fashion icon with wonderful style and seems like such a down to earth girl.

Hell no! She’s way to ****** for chanel! she always makes the clothes look ugly and cheap. And scince this is not about her as an actress i won’t mention that she’s like the worse actress around! Oops, sorry i guess i just did.

the word was s****y

sooo beautiful!

Shocker ::rolls eyes::.

Don’t get this girls’ appeal at all. She is just “attractive” to me. She has no charm or charisma, nothing that is “special”. She’s just an average blonde, really. Shame on Chanel for going with Gossip Girl popularity to trash their brand. Ugh.

I like Blake I think she is a nice girl but what is up with Ana and Karl trying to make her the new “it girl”? Its getting quite annoying that she keeps getting shoved down our throats.

Jenny Humphrey @ 12/07/2010 at 6:14 pm

good for her, she’s beautiful

it’s not surprising, Anna Wintour has been pushing her hard.

But everytime Blake wears Chanel, she makes it look so cheap so I’m not liking this choice at all. She would have been a much better fit for a brand like Versace or Armani. She’s just no Chanel girl.. though being a chanel girl isn’t so hard anymore now that Lily Allen has been one.

Well not really a shocker cos I think most ppl have been expecting this for a while. Well done to her, great to see a nice normal girl succeeding. I dont get the hate ppl have towards her – how is she being forced down ppls throats when I hear & see more of the Kardashians and Lindsay Lohan more than her. If anyones being forced down my throat its gaga.

And as much as I like Gossip Girl, its not BIG btw, it barely reaches 3mill views in the states let alone over seas (less than 1mill overseas) Dont hate her cos big industry folks like her. What do want her to do, turn down good opportunites that come her way?!! Keep hatin folks.

What’s with all the hate people? My gosh. She’s a good person and she’s beautiful. ANDDDD! WHATEVER YOU SAY, She will be the new endorser of Chanel.

I know most of you doesn’t buy chanel so why care? :| Gosh, you’re all pathetic. I don’t care if y’all will unlike my comment.

Just sayin’

Don’t hate on Blake, she is beautiful, not plastic and can act!

Karl is up her ass.. I don’t get her appeal.. She just another leggy blond.. NEXT!!
why isn’t leighton more famous??? She takes more fashion risks and is far more beautiful..

I LOVE BLAKE!

i n f a m o u s l y c o o l @ 12/07/2010 at 6:37 pm

…cool. LOL

@Anita: GG get less viewers than 3mill. The show is actually popular overseas just in Japan alone the show gets downloaded illegally by 5millon ppl…just saying ; ) anyways the reason why she is hated is cuz Ana Winter is obsessed with this girl and ppl dont seem to find what is so special and unique because it sure isn’t her acting…she looks like any other tall blonde girl!

ModestMouse @ 12/07/2010 at 6:42 pm

No! She’s just not a Chanel girl! Vanessa Paradis, Audrey Tautou, Diane Kruger…BLAKE FRICKIN’ LIVELY?

Chuck Bass @ 12/07/2010 at 6:43 pm

I see that the Leighton lovers are out in full force with all their jealousy LOL

MangerBouger @ 12/07/2010 at 6:44 pm

Saw this coming from miles away, since the day she had a ride from Mr. Karl. She has a great body and could wear almost anything, but not a Chanel. I do not understand Karl’s choice … I would have seen Emma Watson as the new face, or Portman. But I guess Gossip Girl is an excellent comunication tool in order to refresh the brand’s name to teenagers, who only know about the CC bag …

@Annie: LMAO so TRUE most of these haters dont and cannot afford Chanel and other high end fashions so why does it bother them. I cannot afford it either but as the face of a brand as long as the person is taking a nice picture and it looks great, I’m good! My only contribution will be to window shop and that is all the expensive fashion houses will be getting from me till the day I can afford them lol.

Well the fahsion world totalyl adores her, adn this was only the matter of time, but Chanel? Seriously? SHe is way way more Ralph Lauren than Chanel imho!

French and devastated !!!! @ 12/07/2010 at 6:50 pm

WTF ???????
Noooooo waaaay !!!!!
Once again, favouritism and Hollywood connections had the upper hand.
Daughter of actors and “talent manager” makes it big in the entertainment industry despite being just another blonde in a Californian ocean of blondes.
Now CHANEL for Christ’s sake when she can’t even manage to hold her (big) head straight and has one of the worst postures on red carpets ( but nobody will never EVER beat Miley Cyrus in this field …).
Man, I’m really disappointed and bitter about this choice …
But not as much as I was when J-Lo was picked for Louis Vuitton !!!!

@lily: well thats fine if ppl think she looks like any normal girl from the street but I just dont understand the HATE towards her. If it wasnt her, the industry would have found another “it girl” – thats just they way the biz is. Just cos its someone normal and soomeone they dont care doesnt mean they have to berate her lol. Like what has she done to them lol. Plus if they dont like her why are they commenting on a post about her – I never understood that!

So Leighton Meester has Vera Wang and Blake Lively has Chanel…wow for a show that has low ratings on a small network these two are EXTREMELY lucky!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All