George Clooney: 'Gravity' with Sandra Bullock!

George Clooney: 'Gravity' with Sandra Bullock!

George Clooney is set to star opposite Sandra Bullock in Gravity, a new movie from Alfonso Cuaron.

The 49-year-old actor replaces Robert Downey, Jr. in the role – Robert had to drop out of the project because of scheduling problems.

George will play the team leader on a space station who is left stranded with Sandra‘s character when the rest of the station’s crew is killed by an asteroid.

Sandra will play a mother who will do anything to get back to safety on Earth and come home to her son.

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

wow look at how one movie can change your career and how people percieve you. 2yrs ago she wouldnt have had a shot at the Gravity role. Although The B|lind Side was as great as people hyped it up to be, I still like her cos she seems like a really nice person, and she also deserves it after the year shes had.

Aww shucks I wanted Robert Downey jr. for that role…ah could be a worse replacement than Cloones.

I was more interested when Robert and Scarlett were attached.

The Tourist sux @ 12/16/2010 at 7:44 pm

Another Clooney BO bomb. Big wow.

I like both of them as actors but don’t feel either of them are right for this movie. Am disappointed. The Blind Side was a good movie but not an academy award role.

laverdadduele @ 12/16/2010 at 8:40 pm

Too bad Sandra is stuck with this overrated d.o.u.c.h.e. instead of the wonderful RDJ, sucks for her.

wow look at how one movie can change your career and how people percieve you. 2yrs ago she wouldnt have had a shot at the Gravity role. Although The B|lind Side WASNT as great as people hyped it up to be, I still like her cos she seems like a really nice person, and she also deserves it after the year shes had.

laverdadduele @ 12/16/2010 at 8:40 pm

george clooney over rated?? ah well, this from someone who spent a whole lot of time on the angelina jolie thread letting everyone know how intelligent you are not.

Take a chill pill @ 12/16/2010 at 10:13 pm

Now I’m no longer interested in ever watching thus movie because i already know his character will be the Same character he always plays with the same mannerisms and everything .

I like Sandra Bullock for her rom-com movies, but I guess she’s too old now. This role doesn’t fit her. George Clooney has lost his magic.

I wanted Sandra and Robert Downey Jr. to do a movie together, but I think it should be a romantic comedy, I’ve always wanted to see Sandra and George Clooney act in a movie together, YAY!

I predict this will suckkk.

cubanMissile @ 12/17/2010 at 7:37 am

So watch the PR field day with this collaboration!
The game started during the last Academy Awards. Remember Sandra protesting why George “hates” her?….
Will they be dating during filming?
Will they feud?
Stan will be spinning away :-)

latam2012 @ 12/17/2010 at 9:29 am

well, I like sandra bullock as she seems really nice. but shes not a great actress, good in comedy though

Wish these two would get together. They look so good together and are both such great people. The perfect couple!

YAY! WOW! NICE! :) Wishing them all success… n blessings, the bestest :)

@ICU:
It won’t happen, Sandra’s not a stripper.

walzingMatilda @ 12/17/2010 at 7:18 pm

wow! 50 next year!
It’s time to mature & go for the non-strippers, Georgy Porgy.
No skinny runts either. Though we know that you like super thin.
Sandra would be a challenge for you.
She’ll put you in place. Doesn’t take your baloney & pranks…

I wanted Robert Downey jr. for that role not the patethic tranny cokewo.hre b/f! i’m not interested to Gravity at this point…and maybe the horse-face’ll a role in this movie and her bad luck strikes again!

I wanted to say: horse-face will have a role….

Anonymous @ 12/18/2010 at 7:49 pm

No role for horseface. They’d have to make a special spacesuit to accommodate her bowlegs and her horseface, and it’s just not in the budget.

Anonymous @ 12/18/2010 at 7:51 pm

The first movie I saw Sandra in was Demolition Man. That was before she became a huge star, and I remember thinking at the time that she was going to be a big star. It will be nice to see her in another sci-fi role now that she is a mega-star. The movie sounds interesting, and I’m sure both George and Sandra will be great in it.

George Clooney has lost his glamour, fascinting, magic dating with a ugly well known cokewoh.re that exibits him like a trophy and talks about him like a ridicolous man!
his act is so prevedible and now he’s only another name in the long cokewo.hre’s list of rich b/f to me!
there is no comparison with the great actor (and very classy and charmant man) Robert Downey jr! Robert is the best actor of the world!!!

Strict Jury @ 12/19/2010 at 5:06 am

And the winners in the Best Beard nomination are http://i54.tinypic.com/141nkme.jpg
Happy St. Nicholas Day!