Winona Ryder: Black Swan Role Was a 'Cool Parallel'

Winona Ryder: Black Swan Role Was a 'Cool Parallel'

Winona Ryder clutches her necklace in this new shot from GQ magazine.

Here’s what the 39-year-old Black Swan actress had to share with the mag:

On her character of an ousted ballerina: “I thought it was a cool parallel. Being replaced by the young thing. I know that definitely happens in Hollywood. It’s harder to find good roles, and suddenly there’s new girls. I’m at that age I’ve been warned my whole life about.”

On Celebrity Rehab and drugs: “I mean, who would want to go through that, on TV? I think [painkillers are] more powerful than people think. People think, ‘Oh, heroin’s the hardest,’ but pills can be…I broke my arm in two places. For about a month, I had to take it. But then I just kept taking it for, like…maybe three more weeks. But the thing I do remember is that once my arm was okay and they were still there, you kind of like…”

For more from Winona, visit GQ.com!

Bigger pic inside…

winona ryder gq

• Elisabetta Canalis talks about her ex-boyfriend George Clooney- US Weekly
  • Wiz Khalifa's upcoming concert has been cancelled after deadly shooting- TMZ
  • Watch a new trailer for The Brittany Murphy Story- Gossip Cop
  • Watch Janel Parrish do the Ice Bucket Challenge- Just Jared Jr
  • Sleepy Hollow will be streamed on Hulu Plus- Entertainment Weekly
  • Watch some of the craziest Emmy acceptance speeches of all time- Huffington Post
  • Who is Jamie Blackley?- Lainey Gossip
  • Bates Motel star Freddie Highmore sold a comedy to NBC- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Ola Jordan knows how to show off her assets- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

She did one stupid thing and gets blacklisted but Charlie Sheen tries to kill 100 women and gets a raise. This can’t be life.

Aww, I love Winona Ryder. I thought she was really great in Black Swan too. So effective in a small role. I hope to see her in some great roles/films from here on out.

Reality Does Indeed Bite @ 12/16/2010 at 8:29 pm

Shut up, Winona….
and go away.

@koke: A funny way to put it. She is indeed a talent. I feel bad for her.

Seriously I loved her in some of her early work. She was great! I wish she and Johnny Depp married and had babies. I thought he was her true love. :)

purple poet @ 12/16/2010 at 8:45 pm

She is so not being honest about her problems. “three more weeks” Get real her and Courtney Love had the same doctor who wrote her all those drug scripts for years! She would show up to movie sets stoned out of her mind. She’s trying to play all innocent, make excuses for her shoplifting, when she is a notorious pill-popper and ***** .Her nickname around hollywood is “Wanna-ride-her” LOL!

“I’m at that age I’ve been warned my whole life about.”

its really unfortunate that talented women are told/find that their opportunities to explore and share their talent just evaporate after a certain age.

i hope winona doesn’t take the cruel aspects of the business too personally.

@#5
why would you wish that on johnny depp? he’s happy now and winona’s a wacko. i mean like over-the-top crazy. she used to be pretty when she was young but she’s always been self-centered and a complete psycho. no guy she dated could deal with her nonsense for very long.
and she’s just a mediocre actress who happens to think the world of herself. and this is me being nice. it’s always someone else’s fault with her, never her own, doesn’t even comprehend the concept of taking responsibilty of one’s actions and consequences. always playing up the “poor, misunderstood, never-given-a-chance winona”. she was given tons of lucky breaks and blew it herself!

@purple poet: people grow up and change! lots of stars have gotten plenty of chances! charlie sheen, robert downey jr to name two of the top of my hand. angelina jolie reinvented her image. i am happy for jolie and robert both gifted actors and she is talented and has grown as a person and i wish her the best too.

Angelina slept with 3 taken men and is now the most powerful woman in Hollywood. The industry is ridiculous.

I like Wynona. She has always been a terrific actress.

Lilakoi Moon @ 12/16/2010 at 9:54 pm

I sorta love her too. Her early movies were amazing. I love her bone structure, if she had had babies with Johnny Depp, those would have been the cutest kids ever. :D Now, seriously, she’s an undeniable talent. Too bad, they’re told that they’ll disappear once they’re over about 35-40. :/ She’s a terrific actress, indeed. That becomes rare in Hollywood nowadays!

Take a chill pill @ 12/16/2010 at 10:10 pm

She’s been in great movies but she’s not that great. She has the same weirdo vibe in all over movies but maybe she’s different in black swan. Haven’t seen it

Take a chill pill @ 12/16/2010 at 10:11 pm

Oops same vibe in All of her movies

# 11 tired @ 12/16/2010 at 9:11 pm

Did you see Angie slept with 3 married men? Stop reading craploids.

She stole clothes with all her money. Something in the milk ain’t clean folks. She can blame it on breaking her arm and needing pills but the majority of us can see right through her act.

I think shes an amazing actress, hopefully she sticks around to make more movies.

What, no mention of her personal experience with Mel Gibson, Jared?

@INC: with mel gibson?

she’s great

@Take a chill pill: She didn’t have a weirdo vibe in Mermaids, Edward Scissorhands, Age of Innocence and Girl, Interrupted. Were we watching the same actress?

@JK: She said that he was homophobic to her friend and that he made an anti-Semitic comment towards her.

Take a chill pill @ 12/17/2010 at 12:37 pm

@Hanne: Yes she did. It’s the same vibe.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All