Shania Twain: Engaged to Frederic Thiebaud!

Shania Twain: Engaged to Frederic Thiebaud!

Shania Twain is engaged to her beau, Nestle business executive Frederic Thiebaud!

The 45-year-old singer said yes when Frederic, 40, proposed about two months ago in Switzerland, Us Weekly reports.

Shania split from husband Robert “Mutt” Lange in 2008 after nearly fifteen years of marriage. Frederic is the ex-hubby of Shania‘s former best friend, Marie-Anne Thiebaud – the woman Mutt left Shania for!

Shania will star in Why Not? With Shania Twain, a reality show on Oprah’s new network, OWN. No word yet on when the show will premiere!

“Talking about love, I am excited to share some personal news with you; I’m in love! Frederic Nicolas Thiebaud has been a true gift to me as a compassionate, understanding friend and over time, an amazing love has blossomed from this precious friendship. Fred and I are happy to announce, our ENGAGEMENT!” Shania wrote in a note on her official site.

Congrats to Shania and Frederic!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

So basically they just traded spouses? kinky. jk. I’m happy for her. Whatever floats her boat.

Good for them!

laverdadduele @ 12/20/2010 at 1:00 pm

This is just weird.

It’s a little strange….. and yes kinky. But whatever works….

Butter_Fly @ 12/20/2010 at 1:04 pm

Wow that is weird. Oh well, congrats to her anyways. Never understood what she saw in that mutt.

Sales this magazin will be zero

that is super weird !! I really wonder how long it’s gonna last…

Basically Wife Swap, only in Hollywood. I feel a song coming on….

congrats! this guy is better looking then her previous husband. Weird how it happened but i guess everything happens for a reason.

Still the one @ 12/20/2010 at 1:22 pm

WOW, that just wired. she dating her friend ex husband while her friend is dating her husband. Don’t care about her personal life. I want to know when is she releasing her next album. I love her music.

yeahhhhno @ 12/20/2010 at 1:38 pm

So classy and definitely real, lasting love without a doubt lol

No offence after what her husband did to her and what his wife did to him, good for them for finding love with each other!

And he’s better looking than her ex anyways. Go Shania!

It is super weird, however, I imagine that they were consoling each other a little too much, and fell in love? LOL

I read somewhere that they (all 4) were really good friends and did stuff together often, so I guess they know each other really well…..

CanadaGirl @ 12/20/2010 at 1:59 pm

I think that they are a better match than their original spouses. Love Shania. She’s sweet and classy.

Madhatter @ 12/20/2010 at 2:13 pm

Hmmm.

In the press she played the victim, but, at the time, there were rumors that Shania was also hooking up with this guy way back then.

Now, I am inclined to believe them…

HOLLYWEIRD @ 12/20/2010 at 2:21 pm

@Butter_Fly:
You wonder what she saw in that Mutt ?
I think they were each other’s cash machines : he wrote and produced
the cheesy , corny songs and she performed and they were going to the bank together very happily.

@Slig^_^:
@Kaz simply amazing! Pretty!!!!!!!:
#7 and #8
You are one and only same freak who writes nonsense all over this blog and I think you’re part of JARED’s crew cos your names appear in blue. PLEASE stop posting your freaky comments, they don’t mean anything and give the creeps to people cos you are disturbed.Thanx.

Why hasn’t Jared banned Slig?

‘whose wife stole her husband’.

I think it’s about time men wore tags round their necks that way they wouldn’t keep gettting stolen. So much stealing of other people’s property….it’s pretty worrying. I hope everyone has reported this to the police whenever it happens?

latam2012 @ 12/20/2010 at 3:32 pm

haha mervyn. so right, this whole thing with women being homewreckers thing all the time is ridiculous.

also, nestle? Boo, how unethical

Im glad that she never gave up on love even after spending 15 years of her life with a low life.

Lilakoi Moon @ 12/20/2010 at 4:58 pm

@mervyn: LMAO well said! No woman “steals” a husband, the latter cheats on her and gets no bad publicity. This is such a double standard. Why do women get all the blame when clearly he couldn’t keep it in his pants, ugh. @Madhatter: Really? Oh, that would make more sense. It was an all cheating thing. They just switched wives. The word “weird” is not enough to describe that situation…

Good for her. I guess it’s not so far fetched to see this happen. She and her former husband were very good friends with Thiebaud and his wife. He was someone she already knew and respected, no doubt.

I like her and wish her the best, but this is kind of weird.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All