Zac Efron: Buzz Cut for 'The Lucky One'!

Zac Efron: Buzz Cut for 'The Lucky One'!

Zac Efron sports a buzz cut as he takes a photo with a fan on the set of his new movie, The Lucky One, in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The 23-year-old actor plays a Marine in his new film and, according to NOLA.com, told the crew of the film that for every one of them that shaved his or her head like he did, Zac would donate money to Kingsley House, a safe haven for kids and families in New Orleans.

NOLA reports that 30-some crew members chopped off their hair, including two women who donated their tresses to Locks of Love!

“He likes doing things for charity — two Make-A-Wish kids came a visit to the set while he was there — and he felt like he wanted to do something for a New Orleans charity since he had such a nice time shooting there,” Zac‘s publicist told NOLA.

Tim P. Whitby/Getty

He looks really manly like that, but I miss his beautiful long hair…

I actually like it, makes him look older :) & hes so nice, more celebritys should be like him.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 12/23/2010 at 12:05 pm

…when the boyish look are gone and talents questionable, then what?!

LOL he is not believable whatsoever as a Marine.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 12/23/2010 at 12:08 pm

@amy: …which celebrities is that… `the fully grown a-lister who’s already made their mark in the industry or the little disney not-yet-maybe-never-celebs?!? …ahahahahahahaa

haha :L he is so ugly
this show’s how ugly he is :P

I really don’t like his hair like this, i know its for charity but i still wouldn’t do it, hes really changed since he and vanesa called it quits

He looks great; perfect for this movie. I just finished the book and can totally see him in this role. People need to give him a chance and LET him grow up.

i don’t know what it is, but since he and vanessa broke up, he doesn’t look as cute as he used to

Emma Efron @ 12/23/2010 at 12:48 pm

@jenn: Just b/c he broke up w/Vanessa doesn’t mean his looks change. I actually like his hair like that & he looks cute no matter what & that is so sweet of him to donate it for charity, he’s always way nice & sweet enough to do that god bless u Zac!!!!

Emma Efron @ 12/23/2010 at 12:50 pm

just b/c he broke up w/Vanessa doesn’t mean his looks will change. He looks cute this way!!!! I do miss his messy hair. Zac is always nice & sweet enough to give to charity!!!!

let me be... @ 12/23/2010 at 12:52 pm

SEXYYYYYYYYY:D:D love him
LEAVE HIM ALONE!!
he’s amazing…
i don’t hate vanessa but i hate her crazy fans!!

Dexter's girlfriend @ 12/23/2010 at 1:26 pm

UGLY!!!!!!!!VLMFAO!!!!!!!!

Marie McAll @ 12/23/2010 at 1:28 pm

@Julia: Marines have many different looks. I know plenty of them and he looks like a Marine in that picture..

Bradley Bobst @ 12/23/2010 at 1:42 pm

Zac looks good in that picture can’t wait to see the movie.

Vanessa made him look good b/c he was better looking than her. Now without her all we see is a bachelor. His looks are fading and he looks short too, which you didn’t notice before when he was with V. Vanessa on the other hand is doing better as she is out of his shadow and people will now look at her differently.

I guess V contract is over. She was only with him to give him a straight look. Zac is gay and pretty. Now he and I have a chance.

He looks very handsome and believable as a soldier. One of the reasons I’m a big fan is his kind heart. Thank you Jared for not adding any salacious gossip to you post. The straight facts is all we need.

Iffy Miffy @ 12/23/2010 at 2:37 pm

I like it. He looks older and more serious and this is precisely what he needs if he wants to break away from the cutsie roles and being identified as a teen wonder. Good choice.

This guy is going places.

End of story!

looks great :)

It is very thoughtful what he is did. It is a good cause. I really like a little more hair but he is so good looking he still is handsome. I also like the fact he was not vain and went for it and let them cut off his hair to do that role and make it believable.

i like it. he looks more manly with this haircut.

This is a good cause – thanks to Zac and the cast and crew of TLO.

And he looks good in the military uniform.

Long or short hair, he looks great….although, I would love to see him sporting that bad boy long hair again…sans, or with facial hair. Glad he’s back home, maybe he and Vanessa will be seen around town together.

A Zac Efron Fan & Supporte @ 12/23/2010 at 10:40 pm

Omg He is so Cool in those pictures Can’t wait to see the Lucky one.

WICKED WENCH @ 12/24/2010 at 7:08 am

Looks like it was freshly buzzed. Give it two weeks and he’ll be rockin that hair, though my favorite style is the faux hawk.

I love Zac’s new butch appearance. His sex appeal grows along with his muscles and 5 o’clock shadow. (-;

He looks really awesome.
Can’t wait to see his new movie.

Zac is a kind, generous guy who is consistent in supporting good charities and causes. I hope more young people in hollywood will be involve in these noteworthy causes too, not just out to make big bucks for themselves.

zca say yesterday that it been 5yr for him and vanessa.she the best for girlfriend ever.he gald he have her.and it look like they are good.they take ever day.they been out together.

Hi, I’m Beatriz and I’m from brazil, do you know brazil? so, I love Vanessa Hudgens, And I like Zac, but I really think that he be better with her..I don’t think he is ugly, but I just don’t like…Sorry, I don’t know espeak inglish a lot…But it is my opnion… thanks to read

Channing looked way better in a military uniform i don’t like how Zac
looks i’d choose Channing over Zac anyday(:

<3 Dear John

NavajoTaco @ 12/24/2010 at 10:43 pm

I like him better with hair!!!!

Roadhouse @ 12/25/2010 at 3:37 pm

That haircut makes him look sexxy and more mature. Can’t wait to see this movie.

beautiful Zac!

Emma Efron @ 12/26/2010 at 12:45 pm

@Kristina: cmon Zac looks good like this i like it!!!! Zac wants to grow his hair back.

Vanessa Fan @ 12/27/2010 at 11:01 am

I liked Zac better with hair but this was for charity so what he did was kind both Zac and Vanessa spend a lot of time on charity from Stand Up to Cancer to Love Is Louder :)

I think he looks awesome/

Augustus Prew, Zac’s CSC costar, confirmed on twitter that Zac and Vanessa are no longer together. I just read about it on zefron.com.

@Susan: He deleted his twitter account – its not him.

Emma Efron @ 01/03/2011 at 12:22 pm

@Susan: Did it really say that on zefron?

Over time, I think he will become a very good actor.

Zac Efron's Biggest Fan @ 01/04/2011 at 10:58 pm

Awesome Buzz Cut Zac can’t wait to see this movie you rock man.

@JJ:

I find him more attractive without vanessa.he seems to be growing as an actor and i like that he is now more committed to his roles.his acting is not so cringeworthy as before but he still needs some tweaking.with vanessa hanging on to him,it really reminds me of his HSM days and I think he should break out of that mould.

sutherngurl @ 03/01/2011 at 9:59 am

@raider814: I agree! What is it with so many people just trying to put people down. He’s growing up and staying out of trouble which is not easy for kids in their profession. Maybe someone’s just feeling a little green.. with envy that is :)