Elton John: I Feel 'Blessed & Lucky' with New Son

Elton John: I Feel 'Blessed & Lucky' with New Son

Elton John drops by Book Soup to purchase some magazines on Wednesday (December 29) in Los Angeles.

The 63-year-old singer became a dad to son Zachary with husband David Furnish on Christmas Day!

“For many years we have talked about fulfilling one of our greatest wishes by becoming parents. And now this wish has been granted to us, we feel so blessed and lucky,” Elton told Us Weekly.

Elton and David have been wonderful godfathers to my son and I know they will be wonderful parents,” the couple’s friend, Elizabeth Hurley, told People. “I couldn’t be happier for them.”

elton john book 01

• Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Virtuella @ 12/29/2010 at 8:37 pm

Elton John and his husband are kind of old to be adopting a baby. I’m sure that they’ll love that little boy to bits but they are both old enough to be the child’s grandparents. Hopefully, they’ll live long enough to raise the baby to adulthood.

Just sick is all I have to say. 1 man and 1 women not, 1 man and a man or 1 women and a women sick ********….

At least ditch the pink glasses.

so many celebs have made elton godfather to their kids cuz hes gay and rich but now that he has a kid the money will go to the son.Whos the father of it anyway

he’s 63! leave him alone. he’s old enough to be a father

When Zachary enters grade school, all his classmates parents will be young and vibrant. Zachary will have a couple of doddering old queens for parents. It’s just not right.

cangirl123 @ 12/29/2010 at 9:07 pm

They will be excellent parents and I’m so thrilled for them both. Age, sexual orientation doesn’t matter. All that matters is that this child will be loved. No child needs anything other than that.

This is disgusting!

sarafina56 @ 12/29/2010 at 9:10 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! please raise your son in England.

In my honest opinion , 60′s are the age to be spritual … if kids don’t happen by 40 , let it go , not every wish is fulfilled in life.

@cangirl123:

That’s a cute sentiment but kids are cruel. He’s going to have to endure a lot from his peers if Elton John and his partner plan to socialize him somewhat normally.

What a miserable looking piggy old man….but he is rich to hire a dozen nannies and lawyers. The kid will be fine with drugs and parties just like other traumatic celeb kids.

i wonder if it isn’t selfish knowing that you will be 70 when your child is 10. you can always go to children’s home or be a big brother there are lots of other ways to fill your void. anyway i wish them all the best the parents and child.

He doesn’t look healthy and fit…….My 82 grandma looks much, much better.
I wonder how long he can live.
When the kid became 18, he’d be 81. I really don’t think he can live that long…I hope the partner won’t be mean & jealous to his stepson!!

Why doesn’t this queen live in England?

Why are all these British celebrities living in the US?

Sara Palin @ 12/29/2010 at 9:57 pm

Love to be his son to get all the money!

CanadaGirl @ 12/29/2010 at 10:17 pm

Congratulations to the two dads. I’m sure that he and David are going to be excellent fathers.

@Whatever:

it gets worse, they needed two women, the egg from one and one to carry it. that is really screwed up!

David has cunning eyes. He is going to bully the kid!!

“Every picture tells a story don’t it…”

Come on Elton, you shouldn’t have time to be reading magazines with the little one…unless it is parenting mags, then carry on! Congrats!

I guess he meant to say “grandson”.

Why do homophobes go to a gay mans website anyway? Just go away, go awaayyy…

Being raised by a mature, patient, sober 63 year old and his gay partner of, what, 15 years, is not a bad thing, IMO. They are truly ready for this, and that is a good thing. The world is changing quickly, and MANY kids have much older parents, and gay parents, too. Congrats to Elton and David!

What the heck is he wearing….this doesn’t look good on anyone

Hey David is younger than John Travolta and he just had a kid. Lots of older people are having kids now.

@KHo:
hes too old to be a father to a baby but old enough to be a grandfather you idiot

probably +one kid with crippled psychic

Brightside @ 12/30/2010 at 4:07 am

I go with comment #1…while I’m sure the baby will be loved very much by his immediate family I worry about the age difference. A case in point is that one of my friends was a baby born late in life to his mother and father….his mother was forty six and his father fifty seven when he was born. His father died of a stroke when he was 10 years old and his mother died of cancer when he was 15. Parents should be around a little longer, I feel. I can’t help feeling that, at 63, Elton is a little too long in the tooth for fatherhood. Grandfatherhood is fine, but fatherhood….you have to wonder how long he’s going to be around for the little one. I wish them well but I can’t help feeling that this is a bit of a selfish decision and they’ve put their own desires to become parents first, rather than thinking about what effect their age could have on the child as he grows up.

sick, sick, sick !!!!!!!!!!

just plain creepy and getting creepier

If he were my father I would jump off the London Bridge.

Elton I think its wonderful you now have a son in your family.. you look so proud and you should..Besh wishes to you all..

Whatever@ 12/29/2010 at 8:39 pm

oh, grow up!! take a look at what’s happening around you. the vast majority of physical and sexual abuse of children takes place in homes where there is “one woman and one man”. i work with social services in NYC and believe it or not, idiot, it’s a well known secret that some of the BEST foster homes are those of same sex parents.

to arrows,
the identity of the biological father is none of your business

tell me, do you ever get tired of passing moral judgement on other people. why don’t you go back to your right wing not so moral and not so christian friends and stay there.

NotaSmallMind @ 12/30/2010 at 1:22 pm

JMO, if it was your homophobe **** going over the London bridge, I’d be all for it. Nana, missy, Dom, grow up and join the 21st century.

I’m sure the child will be provided for and cared for regardless of how long Elton lives. Better worry about yourselves and your own children.

I was really surprised by those photos of Elton. He looks terrible. Almost like he’s having trouble walking.

Was there a surrogate? Or did they adopt?

Brightside @ 12/30/2010 at 3:38 pm

@ellie’:
BESH wishes!!! BESH!!! What are they then? Not that I disagree with the sentiment but H is nowhere near T! Was it just a typo or were you ‘pished’ when you typed the comment?

were you adopted? have you spent your life wondering who you look like and wondering why they gave you away? No, you haven’t, so imagine what these kids are going to feel like when they’re 15! my mother sold her egg for $20 G and another women carried me in her womb for 9 mos for another 20 G and then I get rich old ****** for parents! No thats NOT perfectly normal for the 21 century!

EJ is not “lucky and blessed” his kid was conceived of selfishness and greed! Please go back to England, we have our share of ******!