Queen Latifah Covers 'Parade' Magazine

Queen Latifah Covers 'Parade' Magazine

Queen Latifah shines on the cover of the latest issue of Parade Magazine out this Sunday (January 2).

The 40-year-old singer and host of the upcoming People’s Choice Awards, shared a few life lessons in the latest issue.

Where she hopes to be in 10 years: “On cruise control, with a couple of kids under my belt,” Queen Latifah shared. “It’s in the Lord’s hands.”

On growing up in Jersey: “There’s something about growing up in New Jersey that prepares you for whatever you might encounter around the world. We’re not afraid to go places. I met Mike ‘The Situation’ [from Jersey Shore] because we were both on Jay Leno. He lives maybe 15 minutes from me. He was like, ‘If you ever get a flat tire, call me and I’ll hook you up.’ I love Jersey.”

On giving advice to future royal Kate Middleton: “Make sure you have a sanctuary, because everybody in the world is going to be in your business. He happened to be born a prince; you happened to go to college and meet him. You’re two kids who fell in love. I just hope you have a happy life. And don’t take anything personally.”

queen latifah covers parade 01

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

She’s awesome.

Go Ask Alice @ 12/30/2010 at 1:55 pm

Very talented girl.
Lives quietly.
Who knew the girl,big Afrocentricgarb hat and dress under the name Quen Latifah would be still using that stage and be so respected in her career.
She has come a long way from the late 1980′s.

I like her even if she is a Lesbo. ****.

pinkcashmere @ 12/30/2010 at 1:57 pm

Enough already about the kids. You have been this for the past 10 years. Have a kid already or STFU.

Madhatter @ 12/30/2010 at 2:20 pm

She is always so supportive, happy, and cheerful.
An adorable person who is very well liked in Hollywood- that, and her talent, is why she is still around after all these years.
ps. Her stylist also is amazing.

why would they ask a rapper to give advice to Kate Middleton? seems odd and strange

I hate arab people

why do they have queens and kings?

That was actually good advice – I liked the way she put it.

lexy hates bilson @ 12/30/2010 at 3:04 pm

That’s great for her. She may be fat but she’s RICH RICH RICH! Nice to see some fresh and talented faces on this site!

@Missy, I think the Kate Middleton thing was a joke question because her stage name is “Queen” Latifah. But she still took it seriously and gave good advice. I too worry about poor Kate with all the media.

What I like about Queen Latifah is that she is such a positive and happy person. She doesn’t let her weight, sexual orientation or race get in the way of trying to succeed in Hollywood. She just keeps working harder and harder to over come barriers. She was also raped as a young child but has really worked through that trauma. An inspiration for other women who ever have faced such horrors that over time you can be healed.

Drive Bye @ 12/30/2010 at 3:38 pm

Dana Owens is one awesome woman.

Jokergurl @ 12/30/2010 at 6:30 pm

Queen Latifah is awesome! :) always has been.

Come on out the closet we will still love you.

please stay in the closet! who needs to know your bedroom business

She’s 40 years old, when and HOW is she planning to have these kids? With a couple of kids under her belt? Wow, that really sounds heartfelt. NOT! It’s in the Lord’s hand??? Is she waiting for a spermless birth? A miracle. I agree, stop talking and DO something if you really want kids. Everyone knows she’s Gay and I for one couldn’t care less; I like her movies, she’s fun and entertaining; I don’t have to like her lifestyle.
By saying she wants kids over and over, it’s like she thinks she’s pulling the wool over people eyes. No one who wants kids as much as SOME celebrities claim, would still be childless year after year after fricking year. There ARE options. She’s getting to be all talk, like some other celebrity (fill in the blank) on the subject of kids.

anony,ous @ 06/07/2011 at 6:56 am

She need to get on her job if she plan on birthing anything cuz her biological clock is ticking so loud neighboring coutries can hear it….