Johnny Weir: I'm Gay

Johnny Weir: I'm Gay

Johnny Weir is revealing some big news in his upcoming memoir Welcome to My World, which hits stores on Tuesday (January 11).

“In a sexual way, I’m gay, but I would marry a woman tomorrow if it struck me,” the 26-year-old figure skating champ said in an excerpt to People. “I don’t think sex and relationships necessarily have to go together.”

“With people killing themselves and being scared into the closet, I hope that even just one person can gain strength from my story,” he added.

Johnny also discusses getting called names in middle school, a secret affair he had with another male skater he only refers to as “Alex,” and why he didn’t come out earlier.

“A lot of the gays got downright angry about my silence. But pressure is the last thing that would make me want to ‘join’ a community.’” he said.

• Tori Spelling opens up about her sex life with husband Dean McDermott- US Weekly
  • Pro skateboarder Jereme Rogers is arrested for beating someone up- TMZ
  • How much did CBS president Les Moonves earn in 2013? - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Watch an exclusive clip from Make Your Move- Just Jared Jr
  • Where will Mickey Rooney be buried?- Entertainment Weekly
  • Duck Dynasty star Lisa Robertson experienced sexual abuse as a child - Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Scandal- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her legs in sexy daisy dukes- Hollywood Tuna

wow what a shocker…not.

…..nawww

Oh my Gosh! I didn’t know that! – NOT

Good for u Johnny! Just be what you want…

really!!! no kidding! what was our first clue

If I scroll down on my browser and cut off the top of his hair poof he not so gay .

OMG I’m in shock help me..I did not know he was gay , who would know ?

You dont have to promise. Look at your hair and your face expression

OH NO **** JOHNNY, SERIOUSLY? OMFG!!!!!1!!!!!1!111
not.

Johnny Weir: I’m Gay – ME: No sh*t!

We already knew. Good u came out of the closet. U’re an exceptional person anyway.

laverdadduele @ 01/06/2011 at 4:05 pm

Weeeeeeeeee!

Gay, ewwwww

your ***** and who is a flying leap. your ass looks like a freak dude

I’ve heard a rumor that the Pope is going to come out as being Catholic!

I’ve heard a rumor that the Pope is going to come out as being Catholic!

Me: No sh*t! I kid, I kid, glad he’s being honest though.

nnahhh really..?! lmao, why is this news?

Lillianne @ 01/06/2011 at 4:20 pm

Knock me over with a feather!

In other news water is wet.

He is not gay. He is a transexual. Gay men are still men.

OMG I just found out today the sky is blue. And here I thought I was seeing things.

i don’t think anyone in the world is at all surprised by this news lol but its good he feels comfortable enough to talk about it.

NO **** JOHNNY WEIR IS GAY! WHO CARES? HE IS A DISGRACE TO THE FIGURE SKATING WORLD AND NEVER WAS AN ATHLETE. HE WAS JUST A JOKE WHO WANTED TO BE IN FASHION AND MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF SO HE ACTED FLAMBOYANT. HE IS UGLY, ANNOYING, AND STUPID. THERE IS NOTHING TO HIM. SO WEIR IS *****. HE IS ALSO A QUEEN. AND ANY WOMAN WHO WOULD MARRY A GAY MAN DOESN’T HAVE MUCH OF A LIFE. THE ONLY REASON WHY HE WOULD MARRY A WOMAN IS TO HAVE CHILDREN AND THEN DIVORCE HER AND LIVE WITH HIS GAY BOYFRIEND. THE DAY WEIR IS OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE IS THE DAY WE LOOSE ANXIETY WHEN HIS NAGGING NASAL VOICE COMES ON THE SCREEN.

he looks likes he butt ***** other guys!

Shocker! He is a real **** for wearing real fur.

Ummmm…DERRRR!!!!

who cares

Gee, John…..judging from the comments I’m reading, doesn’t look like anyone will faint from surprise. I sure as hell won’t.

Happy Coming Out Day Johnny sweetie

do you and don’t worry if folks don’t like you for it

I’m in total shock right now…. not.

WOW! I wouldn’t have guess it. <_<

Hahahahahahaha……..wow. Shocking I know.

Suedehead @ 01/06/2011 at 5:30 pm

A gay figure skater? What next, gay hairstylists???

shock of the day @ 01/06/2011 at 5:42 pm

really????!!
who didn’t know? tell me, who didn’t know he’s gay?….. ok, maybe his mom would be shocked. “what did you say, son? Nooooo! i never saw any signs.”

OH MY GOOOD IM SO SHOCKEEEED!!!!!!
WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED :O [insert sarcasm here]

the real news here is that he’s potentially Bi?

Iffy Miffy @ 01/06/2011 at 6:08 pm

It may not be a surprise for us but come on people – it is NOT easy to come out. There are negative consequences, in various forms and yes, he will have less of those at this time in his life … anyway, love him as I think he’s such a fantastic character!

@Iffy Miffy:

Get real! It’s very “envogue” to come out now. Everyone is doing it. I don’t think it took an ounce of guts or courage at all. Too many other celebrities have come out in the past. Coming out isn’t taboo anymore, it’s common.

What a shock (palms hand to face with mouth open in utter shock) NOOOOOOO (hope you get the sarcasm)…Johnny we already knew. He didn’t have to say anything or try to explain nothing. He’s in the same boat as Clay Aiken, Ricky Martin *coughs*Queen Latifah and Jodie Foster*coughs* where you know, but they don’t have to tell anyone to prove anything. Not that no one cares, but it was obvious and not a total shock. I do sincerely hope he’s happy and can live a joyous life with whomever he chooses as his partner.

Where is the problem ??????

NATUREGIRL @ 01/06/2011 at 7:10 pm

OH NO, NO, NO, NO, NO…..SAY IT ANT SO…. IS MY REACTION CONVINCING ENOUGH??

Who cares?

jessemosslover @ 01/06/2011 at 7:35 pm

NO, this guys gay? Wow, I havent been this shocked since clay aiken came out of the closet. lol

It is not every gay person’s duty to come out to the world. No, this isn’t a surprise to me or anyone else, but that is no reason to make ignorant comments about him. It is his life.

I love you, Johnny!

@Vola:

Most figure skaters’ skates – and probably most of your shoes – are also made from dead animals.

I think he’s cute, but why would he even want to legally marry a woman if he is sexually attracted to men? Don’t think that would be too satisfying for the woman. He’s such an impish tease.

Sex and relationships don’t necessarily have to go together? WTF! LOL!

No kidding.

I think even Stevie Wonder saw this coming. Seriously?

I have no freakin’ clue who this dude is. But, looking at him revealed that! He DID NOT need to come out. ‘Cause it’s quiet obvious.

I don’t care, I like him. He has a great sense of humor.

That’s just like him saying, the sky is blue, and water is wet.

“sex and relationships don’t necessarily go together”??? what this person is really saying is that he would marry a woman he is not sexually attracted to, possibly have children with her all the while indulging in homosexual sex??? in the past men led this secret life. there is NO EXCUSE for it now. NO NEED to bring pain to a wife and children. i would have more respect for this person to live his life in the open with his husband and adopted children or surrogate children in the open and proud and HONEST.

I am for equal rights for ALL gays. I have gay family members, gay friends, and always vote for gay marriage. I do NOT like Johnny Weir. He is a mean spirited heartless person.

Johnny is great. In the closet or out, his his choice to make.

Sex and relationships don’t necessarily have to go together. But then what are you left with? A bunch of one night stands? I hope his future wife understands….

really I would have never guess >_>

obviously he did not need to come out but since he’s selling a book……. it’s a way of bringing attention to his product. might help sales, who knows.

gyllenhals are fug @ 01/07/2011 at 12:49 am

when will jake come out?

I think that he made it a bigger deal for acting like is was such a big secret and that is why people are laughing. He must have thought everyone was a moron or something? No one even cares, it was because he made it “offical” is all.

Johnny Weir: I’m Gay
America: No shiit.

He is a person. You may not agree with his lifestyle but he is still a person with true feelings and a heart of gold. Unlike some other men who are judged as being macho like Evan Lysacek. I think he is definitely gay too. He just doesn’t want to come out yet. But I don’t know if he is. And if he did come out then his skating career would be finished too and he would be banished from figure skating for life. As he should be for being such a jerk.

NO??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say it isn’t so??? What will all the women do? lol. NOT!

I don’t know why people have to announce their sexual preferences to the world (not like everyone didn’t know in this case anyway). In this day and age, who cares. It is not shocking like it was years ago. Now when I hear someone just revealed they are gay, it is like “yawn”

Harman Smith @ 01/07/2011 at 8:11 am

Well Johnny’s out of the closet.your turn Michael Buckley.

Three words: NO **** SHERLOCK.

ftlaudcarl @ 01/07/2011 at 11:47 am

What an idiot… Still sounds like a closet case unable to come out without qualifications… A contrary little child. Maybe Johnny should take a lesson or two from Adam Lambert and learn to be proud of himself for who he is without qualification …

I am totally confuzzled.. Johnny a gay????????? I almost fell off my chair when I read this news.

OMG! He’s gay???????? LMFAO. is this really news? Its like, thanks for the clue captain obvious! LOL

omg I never thought that! ….
:P

who not know?? really?? you kidding me, no?hahaha who cares?

is that serious??? noooooooo oh my gosh hes gay and fiogure skater but he talking bad about evan lysacek all time, evan likes woman johnny likes hummmm….well you know.

of course you are gay look at your hair no guy in his straight mind would have a hairstyle like that.

First Rosie, then Lance B., followed by Ricky M., now Johnny! When will people finally stop making announcements about stuff we already know? Yes dear you’re gay, and I’m a Cancer… next up, Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart are dating!

Well, why is everyone THAT surprised? it was always obvious – just the way he dressed – is it enough? way too gay :-D

@Toni:
I agree! I don’t give in to pressure either…about anything. Johnny can skate, sing, write and has a fabulous sense of style.