Anne Hathaway Cast as Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises'

Anne Hathaway Cast as Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises'

Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle (Catwoman) in The Dark Knight Rises and will star opposite Christian Bale and Tom Hardy!

The 28-year-old actress “will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story,” director Christopher Nolan said in a release.

“I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies,” Christopher continued. Tom will play Bane, a villainous escaped prisoner “who became abnormally strong after being pumped full of drugs”.

The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] Show All

Will Christian Bale be doing his “Clint Eastwood on a ventilator” voice again?

Jokergurl @ 01/20/2011 at 1:35 am

YES! Finally someone who will HOT chemistry with Christian Bale and who is a powerful actress!

@Lisa: Hi Lisa,

Well, I was supposed to elaborate how she took parts in dramatic films such as Brokeback Mountain and Love and Other Drugs where she takes her clothes off. She did other movies that were not just romantic comedies and big budgets: Rachel Getting Married, Passengers, and others I cannot name (I forget). The only high budget movie I remember her being in was Alice in Wonderland. I think she is trying to be versatile and possibly attempting to be a serious actor or taken as one. But her efforts, do not translate well with the audience. Since most people see her as always being in romantic comedies, films with large budgets, and forever nude in some of them.

PROTEST BATMAN @ 01/20/2011 at 5:58 am

Her acting role in Brokeback Mountain could have been played by anyone and Michelle Williams acting role was even more meaningless.
The female roles were necessary for the moral of the story but I can’t
understand the praise Anne and Michelle received from Brokeback
Mountain.

I do not believe there should be anymore Batman movies made.
That is very insensitive to Heath Ledger. Christian Bale should have declined on the offer to play Batman again.
Anne behaves as if she is all for the fans but in reality it’s all about herself. That is why she could care less about the fact that it’s
very insensitive and insulting to Heath Ledger for her to play that role
in Batman.

MangerBouger @ 01/20/2011 at 6:50 am

YES !!! one more year to go …

HeathyFTW @ 01/20/2011 at 8:53 am

nolan really likes BBM cast it seems

Catwoman? @ 01/20/2011 at 8:59 am

With her big, wide mouth, Anne should play PACWOMAN instead. It’s more realistic!

awesome! can’t wait to se!

Worst choice ever as Catwoman. What is Nolan thinking.

Anne H. rocks @ 01/20/2011 at 11:26 am

What is wrong with you people?
Anne improved so many times how wonderful (read: talented) actress she is.Let’s go Anne, I am with you.

Jaide Yong @ 01/20/2011 at 11:34 am

WHO does this woman SLEEP WITH to get these gigs??? SO wrong for Catwoman. GAH. And hosting the Oscars?!??! I can’t believe it. It’s Anne’s world and we’re just livin’ in it…

won't be seeing this @ 01/20/2011 at 1:11 pm

Anne looks like a horse, not like a cat. Fail.

Most of people didnt belive in Heath , and he was AH-AMAZING. I will leave my comment after.. I need watch the movie. GO ANNE!!! :))

I really hope that Anne does Catwoman justice but I would have liked to have seen Mila Kunis as Catwoman

@Tom:

Yeah because Christopher Nolan is renowned for his poor casting choices. Why don’t you wait until the film is out before you start deciding you know more than Christopher Nolan. Everyone’s a bloody expert eh? It’s the Heath Ledger crap all over again. Everyone was so sure what a ****** joker he’d make.

Anne Hathaway will be fine, she’s got a lot of range…and she’ll need it for Nolan. His previous female choices (miscues?) were both for a pretty shallow character, but with Nolan’s take on Catwoman, she’s going to be asked to do a lot. I’m just waiting to see if she’s going to be the villain or the love-interest that we were told to expect in TDKR. Catwoman could really go either way, especially in Nolan’s universe. I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Knightly as Talia al-Ghul? Harley Quinn? Vicky Vale? Should be interesting…

THIS ANNE HATHAWAY IS NOTHING BUT A PASTEY, CORNEY, CHEESY, DORKEY, ANNOYING, FLABBY-ANOREXIC (NOW BECAUSE SHE LOST A TON OF WEIGHT), UGLY, BUCK TOOTH, WHITE RABBIT. SHE CANNOT PULL OF NO DAMN CATWOMAN. I WILL NOT SEE THE MOVIE IF SHE IS GOING TO BE IN IT!!! WHAT THE F(*^*K HAVE MOVIES COME TO?? FIRST HALLE BERRY SENT CATWOMAN TO HELL AND NOW WE HAVE TO LOOK AT THIS STUPID ASS PRETEND TO BE CATWOMAN?

lizalisaandnicolechamp @ 01/20/2011 at 11:27 pm

please dig up eartha kitt from her grave to play this role!!!

o-m-g no, I love anne hathaway but god please don’t let her play catwoman, I seriously don’t believe she can pull that off! She is pretty but no way she is sexy like catwoman! And also, some ppl here saying it was said that heath ledger was believed to be bad casting too, I never believed that, never. But with anne hathaway I do. But I’ll give her the benefits of the doubt and hope she’ll do catwoman some justice.
btw; is there no joker in this movie? I srsly would love joseph gordon levitt to play the joker, he not only resemblances heath ledger in some way (10 things I hate about you, lol they could be brothers), he also could equal him in talent.
And another thing, please don’t let batman have the same screwed up voice again lol

I LOVE HEATH LEDGER @ 01/22/2011 at 5:35 am

YOU SHOULD BE HONORING HEATH LEDGER TODAY.

I AM DISGUSTED WITH THAT MASSEUSE FOR NOT CALLING 911 IMMEDIATELY.

MARY KATE OLSEN AND THE MASSEUSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN
CONVICTED.

IF YOU LOVED HEATH LEDGER THEN TRY HARDER TO HONOR HIM.

HE DESERVES THAT FROM HIS FANS.

My first choice for Catwoman would have definitely been Marion Cotillard and then Eva Green. Both women are so sexy and have great acting chops and manage to bring so much depth to their characters. I also could have seen Mila Kunis or Rachel McAdams in the role as they would have brought a lot of spunk. I love both Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley but both are too regal for the role IMO. I love Anne, and I do think she is sexy and if Nolan thinks she can do Catwoman then I am sure she can. She wouldn’t have been my first choice, but she can act. I just hope she doesn’t play it too sweetly. I think Nolan’s version of Catwoman will be a lot closer to the comics than Tim Burton’s, however, Michelle Pfeiffer was divine in that version of Catwoman.

I to was torn by Anne being cast as Selina Kyle. I do think she has the talent to do the role and if Nolan saw it then i will not argue. The hate for her being cast is little off. Does no one remember her role in Get Smart. She had a under lying sex appeal in that character and she kicked butt pretty well. Now I think she needs to amp it up and we’ll all be pleasantly surprised. Give the girl a chance Nolan hasn’t been wrong yet.

veronica bee bee @ 07/07/2011 at 1:34 pm

Catwoman? Puhleez.. It just seems so dorky and not like Nolan’s style to add a “Catwoman” character—for the same reasons Nolan himself said adding a “Robin” would be ridiculous and not the direction he wants his Batman films to take. IMHO, “Catwoman,” played by Anne Hathaway no less, seems indeed way to cartoony and silly. I’m a HUGE Nolan fan- I love all of his films- but this has me scratching my head…

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] Show All