Natalie Portman 'Honored and Grateful' for Oscar Nomination

Natalie Portman 'Honored and Grateful' for Oscar Nomination

Natalie Portman covers her baby bump with a warm coat as she and fiance Benjamin Millepied take her dog, Whiz, for a walk on a snowy Tuesday (January 25) in New York City.

The 29-year-old actress got some exciting news this morning – she’s been nominated for an Oscar for her work on Black Swan!

“I am so honored and grateful to the Academy for this recognition. It is a wonderful culmination of the ten-year journey with [director Darren Aronofsky] to make this film,” Nat said.

“Making Black Swan is already the most meaningful experience of my career, and the passion shown for the film has completed the process of communication between artists and audience. I am so thankful for the support we have received and I share this honor with the entire cast and crew of the film, especially Darren Aronofsky,” Natalie concluded.

natalie portman benjamin millepied whiz walk nyc 01
natalie portman benjamin millepied whiz walk nyc 02
natalie portman benjamin millepied whiz walk nyc 03
natalie portman benjamin millepied whiz walk nyc 04

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Love this woman. Shes a great actress. And i hope she win. She deserves it.

commonsense @ 01/25/2011 at 1:37 pm

Why she even pretending to be humble about this I don’t know. You know she thinks she’s going to win! She’s got her Oscar speech ready and that’s exactly why I don’t want her to win. Annette Benning all the way!

to “commonsense” Everybody know that she will win. Its obvious. and she DESERVES it. Even if you dont like her, she deserves it because she was amazing in “black swan” . here does not discuss her personality, just about her work

I hope she wins.. I just lave her.. JEWS ALL THE WAY.. && I am not even a jew.. I just support them (:

Michelle Williams for the win!

Brightside @ 01/25/2011 at 2:27 pm

Natalie Portman’s performance in Black Swan was simply superb and it was a truly powerful film. I feel, compared to Black Swan and the talent of it’s cast, including Mila Kunis who was stunning too, that The Kids Are All Right was by far the more lightweight and less well acted of the two films. Black Swan is Natalie Portman’s best ever performance…she was awesome. You can’t say the same for Annette Bening…she’s a good actress but her performance in The Kids Are All Right isn’t in the same category.

laverdadduele @ 01/25/2011 at 2:30 pm

I like Natalie as an actress, but I’m beginning to think she’s not as smart as everyone thinks she is…her Golden Globe acceptance speech was pretty lame and she let this freeloader knock her up. Maybe she would do a smart thing and not marry him, why bother? It will end up in divorce like 99.99% of celeb marriages.

Puhleeze, like she is humble in any way. She’s been campainging and short of begging for the Oscar for the past few months, who does she think she is fooling. She’s going to be as sweet as pie leading up to the show, then she’s going to turn into the moody B. she usually is. Yes she was good in Black Swan, but let’s not pretend that NP is not begging for the award and recognition.

@9

Show me where she is begging if her performance was less then flawless or the ppl she was up against could compare to what she did then I would say sure she might find ppl to sway. She was amazing almost every critic, reporter say she is a shoe in. Like her or don’t but she is a very private person not one who says it and then turns around and calls out the press for attention.

Question for speech well it wasn’t the best I will admit but maybe she got scared and forgot what to say she hasn’t won in a few years so I don’t hold it against her.

@8 ‘

Most celeb marriages might end up in divorce mainly bc it’s actor is marrying an actor those are the ones that don’t usually pan out. Ben is not an actor but a choreographer. I think they have a better then average chance of making it work.

eww her baby daddy is fuggglyyyy…ew couldn’t you do better Nat. Us regular girls who don’t have as much money and fame as you can get cuter boyfriends..ughh what the hell is wrong with you???? bland personality maybe?

It’s a MIRACLE that I never knew she was capable of having such a desperate cheeze that pretty much degrades all FEMALES on this planet.

I gather when she wins her Oscar, she will get on her hands and knees and thank the Immortal Ben Millepied who GAVE HER LIFE, and the LIFE OF HER BABY, THEREFORE GAVE LIFE TO THIS WORLD – including you and I.

Cheeze girl, stop humiliating us and sit down!

Natalie Never @ 01/25/2011 at 2:59 pm

Natalie Hershlag should STFU! girl you’re already the winner,got 2 movies in the top 10 at the same time, 3 more movies coming out this year, vogue cover & dior perfume ad, pregnant and a creepy looking bf

Lexy hates Portman @ 01/25/2011 at 3:00 pm

This girl is a joke. Her speech was so embarrassing with that ridiculous laugh and talking about Ben sleeping with her like wtf? Nobody was even laughing they were looking at her like she was a complete LOSER.

the truth @ 01/25/2011 at 3:09 pm

At least she do good work and use her man to get her somewhere. Rachel bilson is still using her ex-hayden christensen to get herself somewhere as always. Rachel bilson is making a fool are herself by doing that. Natlalie is too smart to use her boyfriend for something are her Exs. Congrats to her and hope she win.

@nora Yes i can’t wait to hear her delusional speech come Oscar night…. But i like Natalie and i’m happy for all the recognition she’s getting now:)

isn;t she gonna change her name to Millipied soon?ahahah what an ugly name..Natalie is a brainless loser who ruined her life by sleeping with that ugly man.

While Natalie’s speech at the Golden Globes was uninspiring and an odd representation of this young intelligent woman, her comments on the expected Oscar nomination were very gracious and included the entire cast and crew of the film. It was a long, arduous effort to obtain financing and support for the filming of Black Swan and it’s rewarding for those involved that their hard work is paying off in award nominations and box office sales.

@Lexy hates Portman: rachel bilso is the the joke You don’t see her getting an awards do you. Rachel is stil using hayden for ttention .even when he’s not with her at all. Natalie don’t have to do that all. She i smart and can get any role he wants. All rachel do isuse hyden all shecan get out his name caue she can’t even get a tv job it was shelded before it got on the air . And that’s bad for somebody her age at 29.She tring to get hayden to get to la by use some story about being back together and being engaged again. which no really care about right now. She won’t evn go out on dates at all. still using her ex haydn to get hersomewhere. But cograts to natalie a good job

chantal @ 01/25/2011 at 2:32 pm +1

—————————————————————————————
Every single candidate has been campaigning for months and the studios are paying millions to ensure that their performer receives a nomination. So to accuse Natalie of “begging” for an Oscar is just plain ridiculous and dumb. Like all the other actors she has a contract to work for her film, PR, promotion and selling the film etc. Of course she wants to win and I am sure that they all do. OSCARS are more about HOW MUCH MONEY is spent by the Studios than the actual performances themselves.

That said, I understand that she is wonderful in Black Swan and certainly deserving of a nomination. She worked for years on this production and spent a year perfecting her performance so she is certainly worthy of a consideration even without all the money being spent on the promotion.

I don’t know where all this hatred towards her is coming from – if you don’t like her as an actor, then don’t see her films. And you don’t like her boyfriend – so you are lucky, he doesn’t give a **** about you either. He is a top performer in his own field and doesn’t need our approval!

wow, you guys are pretty mean spirited. congrats to her and oscar nomination

I liked her golden globes speech. Honestly I think it was real and off the cuff. It was cool she put a good word in for Ben as he really hadn’t been given a lot of public recognition, I think mainly because she didn’t want public focus on their relationship. Regardless of what he is like morally (which I haven’t got a clue), I’d guess he was instrumental in the film’s success.

I used to really like her. I am a bit sick to my stomach though with all the selling out she’s been doing lately. And her acceptance speech at the golden globes was so awfully stupid :/. And anyone who has an unplanned pregnancy is not all that smart, sorry but she’s not some naive teenager. Shotgun weddings are classless enough, speaking about how much your fiance wants to bang you in a speech is just….ugh. Where’d all her class go?

I heard her say she’s not planning a wedding anytime soon. I’m tired of ****** actresses acting all righteous.

Alexandra @ 01/25/2011 at 5:59 pm

@janie: People are tremendously rude on this site. They are totally just green with envy over Natalie just because she is talented, stunning, successful etc. Natalie deserves all the praise that she is receiving for Black Swan, what an amazing performance.

i don’t understand the vitriol NP inspires. i know a lot of you are just haters, which is expected. as for the questions of her intelligence….just because she’s inarticulate doesn’t mean she’s unintelligent. perhaps she spends more time reading than speaking. being on a movie set is much different than being onstage in front of millions of people. she was probably excited and nervous. i loved her performance in Black Swan; i believe she deserves the Oscar (although if the chick from Winter’s Bone wins, i’ll be okay with it).

lexy hates bilson @ 01/25/2011 at 6:30 pm

Congrats to Natalie!!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for her to win. She was so awesome in that movie!!!

covert operations @ 01/25/2011 at 7:11 pm

Why doesn’t Natalie deserve this? Her performance in Black Swan was amazing! She takes her craft seriously by training ballet, embodying an insular, emotionally lacerated character and losing that kind of weight for a role. That is impressive discipline. The comments that express antipathies should put judgement aside from her personal life and see her performance for what it is….a masterpiece.

Madhatter @ 01/25/2011 at 7:35 pm

Wow. I can’t believe some people don’t get how obnoxious and presumptuous this little speech of Natalie’s was.

Can we PLEASE give Annette Bening the Oscar. She has paid her dues for decades with amazing performances and yet another one this year.

Jokergurl @ 01/25/2011 at 7:41 pm

I hope she wins, but in Natalie’s defense, just look who was in the front row at the Golden Globes, Robert Downey Jr., Johnny Depp, I mean would YOU be able to concentrate if those two guys were staring at you up on stage? I wouldn’t. Remember Julia Roberts acceptance speech? or how about Halle Berry who was crying so much you could barely understand her. Sandra Bullock’s was good last year I thought though, at least it was coherent. Not to mention you’ve got every eye in the place on you, it’s live t.v. you’re nervous to begin with, give her a break. Once in a while you get a speech like Russell Crowe or Denzel Washington that’s really good, but most of the time you just get blabbering, and crying at least from the female actresses, well unless it’s Meryl Streep. Stop picking at Natalie, you’re supposed to be nice to pregnant women!

Why is Portman acting like she’s never received an Oscar nomination before? She received a Best Supporting nod for Closer which I actually preferred over her Black Swan performance. While I don’t dislike her, I’m rooting for Annette Bening. She’s been passed over for every single Oscar nomination she’s received, The Grifters, American Beauty and Being Julia. All stellar performances and worthy of an Oscar. She actually gave two outstanding performance last year: in The Kids are All Right and Mother and Child with Naomi Watts. She’s long overdue. But I realize she’s not begging for it as Portman is doing, so that doesn’t really help her cause. That said, Annette is my pick. Have loved her since her breakout role The Grifters way back in 1990.

Give Whiz a coat, poor fellow!!!

@commonsense: Of course, but if she didn’t act humble, you’d still rip her.

I lost all respect for her when she used her GG speech to talk about her sex life. WTF? Thanks for the TMI Natalie. You are officially a douchebag.

Hope Annette wins @ 02/20/2011 at 7:51 pm

@Joan:

She’s not a great actress, not even a very good one. She doesn’t deserve any more, she’s just a spoiled Princess handed everything in life. Plus, I’ve heard that she’s a really ungracious and nasty ***** to fans. Total low-class snotty beotch!

Maybe she should just stick to raising that unwanted ******* she’s having with Mr. GoldDigger. LOL

Hope Annette wins @ 02/20/2011 at 7:53 pm

@commonsense:

Right on. Actually, she is a spoiled, nasty ***** in real life. REALLY nasty to fans.

Mr. Golddigger cannot be bothered to even marry her and make her ******* legit. Nice parents. Not.

Hope Annette wins @ 02/20/2011 at 7:55 pm

It’s a sad state of the calibre of actresses in Hollywood when they give this wooden non-actress even the remotest chance of winning an Oscar.

My God, she can’t act for ****. Also, ask ANY dancer, she’s a laughable joke.