Naomi Watts: Leonardo DiCaprio's 'J. Edgar' Secretary

Naomi Watts: Leonardo DiCaprio's 'J. Edgar' Secretary

Naomi Watts has signed on to star in Clint Eastwood‘s J. Edgar, Deadline reports.

The 42-year-old actress is set to play Helen Gandy, FBI head J. Edgar Hoover’s loyal secretary for 54 years, in the upcoming film.

Leonardo DiCaprio will star as J. Edgar, while Josh Lucas will play aviator Charles Lindbergh.

Other previously reported cast members include Ed Westwick, as Agent Smith (Hoover’s biographer), and Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson (Hoover’s number two man at the FBI and his secret lover).

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Naomi join the J. Edgar cast?

Credit: Stephen Lovekin, Kiyoshi Ota; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Naomi Watts

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
good for her @ 01/26/2011 at 12:23 am

cool, I love Naomi Watts… loved her in King kong and the Ring!!

CAN I GET AN AMEN!

Don't get it @ 01/26/2011 at 12:35 am

I like here. Pretty and not pretentious.

ßhˆtßtorm @ 01/26/2011 at 12:38 am

SNOOZEFEST – WHO CARES??!!
WHERE IS HIS FAT AS/S WIFE, **** RAFELLI

finally some LEGIT talent in a movie…not these floosies

i can only imagine the information that helen gandy had access to . in any case, someone with serious acting has taken on helen’s part

Poor Amy Adams, I bet this crushed her big ego.

Leo the best and so handsome my faves actor 4ever

Leo are the best actor ever,, & hes my favi celebrity =D

unless we get nude Dicaprio I’m not interested.

yes!!!! amazing cast!!! i love leo and naomi together in a film!!!

Naomi is a wonderful actress and I look forward to watching her and Leo in this promising film.

Naomi is a good actress and I like the roles she chooses much better than her former BFF Nicole Kidman does, plus she’s not so icy as NK.

good for her @ 01/26/2011 at 9:38 am

I actually think Naomi would have also been a better Daisy for The Great Gatsby…she’s a really good actress…

I am sick of Leo and Noami!!!! different actors please!!!

I look forward to seeing these two very talented actors interacting on screen.

CanadaGirl @ 01/26/2011 at 3:13 pm

It’s exciting that this movie is going to have such a professional cast. Naomi is beautiful.
I think she would have made a very good Daisy too, but she is too mature for the role… well so is Leo, but men always seem to get a pass on that. O.o

CanadaGirl @ 01/26/2011 at 3:22 pm

Sorry if this is a repost. Hopefully it posts because it has Andy Di ck’s name in it..
Ignore the stuff about she-who-must-not-be-named.

CanadaGirl @ 01/26/2011 at 3:26 pm

Oh… I didn’t even say, “Hello.”
*friendly wave*
Hi, Leo-fans.

This is the best part of the whole post, CanadaGirl.
`Leo was playing the faithful card in full force all weekend. Hmmm, wonder how often he pulls that one?` hahaha I guess not very often! Or he was just very discreet about it?!

CanadaGirl @ 01/26/2011 at 3:53 pm

lol… no kidding @hahaha: He was out with Lukas, I’m sure it wasn’t a church social like they are trying to portray it.

CanadaGirl @ 01/26/2011 at 3:55 pm

Speaking of Lukas, a friend loaned me the first season of Criminal Minds, and I was just watching it (literally) and who’s in it?… Lukas…. He’s quite good and does well with the part. Oh, nice forearms too. :)

good for her @ 01/26/2011 at 7:34 pm

@CanadaGirl:

yeah, you are right that age wise she is older than the real Daisy would have been, but the reason I said she would be better is because she looks exactly like the way i would envision Daisy… she has such a sweet face, I just love her in her movies…I think she could pull it off b/c she’s still looks very young and she’s such a good actress, and would make such a good match with Leo imo… much better than Carey Mulligan… sorry, but I am disappointed with that choice.. I watched Wall Street the other day and oh god, there is just something annoying about that girl and I’m sorry to her fans, but she has this sour face expression that she does….. very off putting… :S but hopefully she pulls it off, cause great gatsby is a awesome story and deserves the best of the best…

CanadaGirl @ 01/26/2011 at 8:55 pm

I liked Carey in Northanger Abbey. She was saucy and petulant, which was good for her role. I’m not familiar enough with her work to say that I dislike her for Gatsby, but she’s too young for the part. I’m curious what she’ll do with the role, however.
Hollywood. *sigh* Will they always bastardize literature?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All