Joaquin Phoenix: Frontrunner in 'Vampire Hunter'

Joaquin Phoenix: Frontrunner in 'Vampire Hunter'

Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly the frontrunner to play Henry Sturges in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

The 36-year-old actor has met on the project and “it’s his if he wants it,” according to Deadline.

The role, which previously was rumored to have been offered to Tom Hardy, “is for Henry, a mythic, ageless figure who turns Lincoln into an axe-throwing expert slayer of vampires.”

Benjamin Walker is set to play the title role in the highly anticipated film!

WOULD YOU LIKE to see Joaquin Phoenix in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Madhatter @ 02/01/2011 at 8:52 am

Such a GREAT actor. He adds a certain gravitas to everything he does.

Marcelina @ 02/01/2011 at 8:54 am

I hope that Joaquin Phoenix returns to his acting career and does movies again like he used to. It would be sad and disappointing if he doesn’t.

Ooh, he cleans up nice!

The Truth @ 02/01/2011 at 9:11 am

Miss him glad to see that he’s getting back in the acting game.

No I dont want to see him.CREEP

Sligo where iz Kaz @ 02/01/2011 at 9:33 am

he insults his 10 fans acting like total imbecile and now he wants back in the spotlight he obviously loves so much .puke

Pretending to be humble isn’t the same as being humble as they say. The frog surely wants to score an Oscar

he deserves an Oscar for I’m Still Here and Grammys for his music

Love him – glad to see he is back.

DUDE! LOSE THE SELF TANNER.YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS

ShiTTy movie @ 02/01/2011 at 10:13 am

I think he looks like a rather self-absorbed, pompous @ss.

Ahahahaha I didn’t know he was back to normal!!!

He isn’t normal.He makes my skin crawl shrugggggsssss

What is normal? @ 02/01/2011 at 10:41 am

A bit sad that he doesn’t look like River now. Remembering him, I wish him a good luck for his next career.

Steve Wellington @ 02/01/2011 at 10:48 am

No, I think he should stay retired from acting like he said he would.

Kaz what do you think about joqin phonix ?

This movie just keeps getting worse,terrible casting all around

CanadaGirl @ 02/01/2011 at 4:52 pm

Glad to see him back.

Joaquin, darlin’, you can nibble on me any time you want. Since this is a blood suckin’ Civil War romp, I hope you’ll regrow the beard. You know how my neck loves a good tickle.

sorry but I have to ask @ 02/01/2011 at 7:49 pm

does any one else think aria’s photos are over the top? i don’t care that she’s always putting bizarre make up all over her face, but shes always trying to reveal her body. shes pretending all those new pics are about a cat but the cat is just an excuse for her to pose in a ripped tshirt that shows her chest and underware that shows her crotch. does she just dress up all day and have someone take pics of her? its not like these are pics for a magazine shoot. or are they?

Americana @ 02/01/2011 at 8:52 pm

The Joaq is back! All hail the Joaq! To all those naysayers who were so sure he was a dead end druggie nah nah nah nah nah! I love saying I told you so!

What happened to that big shoe movie? Is that still on? What about the Edgar Allen Poe one?

Love Vampires, but I think if this is legit he’ll pass……Next

@ sorry but I have to ask ( aka Aria of friend) sh*t the f*** up already.

Did he turn down the Franco film?

I’ll believe it when I see it. He has been rumored to be in alot of things and none of them panned out. Frankly, it is sad that he wasted years of his life on his flop of a film. Its also sad that IF he gets this role, it would be the first REAL film he made in 3 years. I guess he got bored laying around the house all day being unemployed.

I really hope this is true ,because this guy is extremely talented.It’s true that he messed up a bit with ISH but that doesn’t mean he is should be treated like this.I think he was really brave for trying to do something a bit different.And if you don’t like him why waste you’re time taking trash about him?It’s just stupid!

anonymous @ 02/03/2011 at 6:05 pm

I don’t think he messed up with ISH at all. I loved it. I’m sure he doesn’t care a hoot what anybody thought. It was his experiment, his proving to himself that he could give fame up at a moment’s notice, that if the whole world decided he was nuts, he didn’t care. He showed that he’s stronger than all the ridiculous fame nonsense. Anyone with a sense of humor GOT the movie. The people who act like they were robbed of something need to look at their own priorities in life. Get over it.

Oh please @ 02/03/2011 at 6:42 pm

There is nothing to GET about the movie. I hate when his idiotic fans act like their was some deep message in the film. When they themselves said they DIDN’T KNOW what the film was supposed to mean, and that they were just playing around with an idea.

I also hate when his fans act like he ‘doesn’t care’ about all the negative **** that came out of this film. OF COURSE he ‘cares’. Casey went bankrupt, no doubt JP lost a huge chunk of change on the film as well. On top of that no one wants to hire him, and only NOW are we hearing rumors about him being offered a role…which is still to this day only a rumor. The world bashed him for being so self indulgent and egotistical to think anyone would give a crap about the publicity stunts he pulled, enough to see his film.

Yes, he does care about all this. You brainwashed fans can actually believe his BS “I don’t care about hollywood’ act, but it is an ACT. Just like when other celebs say that, yet behind closed doors are having mental breakdowns over what the media says about them. He does care, and he regrets doing the film. He’ll never admit it.

anonymous @ 02/03/2011 at 8:14 pm

Oh please – you’re so deep you spell “there” “their”. No one said there was a DEEP message. It was a fun film ridiculing celebrity ego. You think Joaquin and Casey didn’t know there’d be a-wipes like you ready to pounce and hate? Haters are a dime a dozen. You don’t get that you’re ridiculed in the film as well.

Oh please @ 02/03/2011 at 8:23 pm

@anonymous:

LOL wtf does a SPELLING ERROR have to with anything? And when did I say I was deep? Oh wait, you’re just making up **** because what I said was RIGHT so you’re changing the subject. Typical fanbot idiot.

There is nothing to “get” you jackass. Again, this film was an amateur piece of garbage that a high school kid could have made with the proper equipment. We already KNOW about pop culture, the media, and the world obsession with celebrity. THIS HAS BEEN A TOPIC THAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS. So NOTHING they said was a NEW or unique message.

anonymous @ 02/03/2011 at 8:48 pm

I’m not changing the subject.

You don’t think anything in the film was new or unique. What other celebrity has deliberately hoisted himself on his own fame petard? Joaquin was never a performance artist like Kaufman or Cohen. Do you think another Hollywood actor, twice nominated for an Oscar, would have done this? I think Robert Downey Jr. is the only other actor that has the balls to try something like this.

It’s clear you really don’t get it. You’re regurgitating your own words. You can’t grasp was was unique about this project.

Oh please @ 02/03/2011 at 9:51 pm

No, you’re just a delusional fan who thinks this was a “unique” idea when it wasn’t. NOTHING about his film was unique. Obsession with celebrity and fame HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS. What in the hell did he display in the movie that was new? NOTHING. He did what reality tv stars do: create attention for themselves by doing stupid ****. That’s it. He did what the cast of Jersey Shore does weekly. The obsession with celebrity is a played out topic. We all know how the world is when it comes to celebrity, we don’t need another stupid film about it.

Countless people have done similar things he did. Have you ever heard of Crispin Glover? Go look him up. Yes, Andy Kaufman IS another one. He made a career out of pulling stunts like this in the media, even when it made people HATE him. Only, he didn’t back down and apologize once people bashed him like JP did. He kept up his antics regardless of the negative reaction.

Everything you have said has been said ad nauseum. The whole world has heard of Crispin Glover, but if you can’t discern the differences between what he did (or Andy or Sascha) and this project, I don’t have time to teach you. Come up with a fresh argument. Your points reveal inadequate comprehension of the film.

You’re really just mad that no one gives a flying fig about YOUR opinion, least of all Phoenix and Affleck. They’re laughing at you for getting your knickers in a knot.

Again, nice avoiding everything I said and instead claiming I “don’t understand” for the millionth time. Nice excuse because you can’t prove me wrong.

No one cares about my opinion. Well guess what? No one cared about Joaquin’s movie which is why it bombed and he destroyed his now non existent career. So really I doubt Joaquin is doing much “laughing” these days. But keep thinking that you warped stan.

And what Crisping Glover did was EXACTLY the same as what JP did on Letterman. Apparently you know absolutely nothing. Crispin pulled his stunt on Letterman because he was sick of how the media defines what is crazy and what is normal. What is art and what is public self destruction. He was playing the character for a movie he was promoting on letterman. The world thought he was crazy/on drugs when he wasn’t. Sound familiar? Yeah. It is EXACTLY what Joaquin did over a decade later.

But keep avoiding the facts. Instead repeat yourself some more about how I just don’t understand. I guess the entire world is just wrong, and the 10 people who liked this atrocity are total geniuses.

I saw Glover on Letterman. Now tell everyone how that appearance was a part of a sustained 2-year performance. Oh? It wasn’t? Yeah, that’s right. Yeah, and Glover didn’t even stick around to give an interview. And it was OBVIOUSLY a performance.

Brittanyitch @ 02/03/2011 at 10:57 pm

now aria has a bondage photo up on her twitter. i mean really what is she trying to prove. shes not real suttle is she?

@anonymous:

Crispin filmed a movie in that character, then went on letterman in the same character. So yes like I SAID, it was a performance.

And quit acting like Joaquin “stayed in character for 2 years”. He didn’t. He did a few public stunts here and there, then went into hiding where NO ONE saw or heard from him. They filmed ON AND OFF and in no way was he performing for 2 years. I do love how you make it seem like he dedicated his life for 2 years to that role, when in reality in total it took just as long to film a NORMAL movie as it did to film the movie he did. He even said the movie was done for 6 months and he was back to “normal”.

Yes it was the same thing as crispin The only difference is when crispin did it, there wasn’t TMZ, and internet gossip sites to keep his popularity up. Just a few entertainment tv shows.

I’m starting to think YOU are Glover, you’re so defensive. Glover was never in the same position as Phoenix. Phoenix was nominated for Academy Awards for Gladiator and Walk the Line. Oh, what was Glover nominated for? Oh, yeah, nothing. Were paparazzi following him into bathrooms at the airport? Missed the photos. Glover wasn’t taking a risk of any kind. It was a publicity stunt.

Oh please @ 02/04/2011 at 3:40 pm

Joaquin is a c list celebrity.lol @ you making it seem like the paparazzi follow him ANYWHERE.Yeah, if he pays them they do. And he was nominated for an oscar 10 years ago, and once in 2005. WTF does that have to do with anything? It doesn’t. Thousands of people have been nominated for an oscar over the years, it doesn’t mean **** unless you WIN one which he hasn’t/

And again, WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FILM! Him being an oscar nominated actor 10 years ago means his film as special? Means his film was good? Means it made sense? Means it wasn’t self indulgent? Means it was unique? IT MEANS NONE OF THOSE THINGS

Looks like you’re running out of an argument. Even though he did the same exact thing Cripsin Glover did years ago, apparently it was totally different because Joaquin was nominated for an oscar and lost. lol You are an idio

Oh please @ 02/04/2011 at 3:52 pm

@anonymous:

I’ll also add a comment against your idiotic “glover wasn’t taking any kind of risk” reply.

You really are dumb. Yes because only Oscar losers are taking risks when they publicly humiliate yourself. Glover pulled his stunt in his TWENTIES, before his film career even really took off. If there was any way of ruining a career it would have been to pull a stunt like that before you were even very successful, back at a time when reality tv show nuts weren’t all over the media making fools of themselves.

Joaquin was in 2 oscar nominated films and he is almost 40. He lost both of them to his co stars. The rest of his work has either A) Bombed B) been crappy garbage material movies fit for teens like “Signs” and “The Village”. It is a joke to make it look like he was george cloony when he did this film. He was a semi famous c list actor who made only 2 big films in his life that people liked.

Oh, please, you’re a pedantic philistine. Phoenix is 36, not almost 40. I LOVED him in Quills and Return to Paradise. He is talented. If you don’t recognize that, you’re a jealous moron. Oh, and Two Lovers. God, he was fabulous in that.

Anonymous, not everyone loved I’m Still Here. I liked it, but I didn’t love it. It wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea. It was fun and smart, but not brilliant.

Brittany, I agree. I think singing is just a front for Aria’s true occupation, one that involves fetish gadgets of all kind. Or perhaps she’s readying her second occupation if the singing doesn’t pan out. If she could sing in tune while fully clothed, she might have a fighting chance.

.......... @ 02/04/2011 at 5:04 pm

Anonymous, the issue here is you aren’t speaking about the film itself. You’re changing the subject in all different directions. The FILM is the topic, not how he made the film. The outcome the stunts he pulled had on his career are irrelevant in this subject….because it has nothing to do with the 90 minute movie we all saw.

What I can’t stand about ISH is that whenever there is a debate about the movie, people turn it into ‘he ruined his career with the stunts he pulled! Thats why he was bold”. That has NOTHING to do with the movie itself.Why are we speaking about how he chose to make the film, instead of the actual movie? Actors lose/gain weight, train, inure themselves on movie sets all the time but we never see it. So HOW he made the film makes no difference.

The film itself was weak and that is the bottom line. For all the controversy that was stirred up, you’d expect this movie to be groundbreaking and eye opening. Instead it was a messy, sloppy film with no purpose. Seeing Phoenix getting pooped on, watching a minute straight of him puking in the toilet, seeing him unconvincingly try to become a “rapper”. Casey and Joaquin stated they had no real idea about what the film was going to be, they just played it by ear. That showed. It LOOKED like they had no clue what they were doing and just shot a bunch of random clips & then turned it into a movie.

@Glinda

I love Quills and Return to Paradise to! Did you see 8MM? Max California is my favorite of all his characters. Its amazing that the same guy who played Max played the priest in Quills.

Whose Crispin Glover? Never heard of him.

He’s an eccentric actor know for taking oddball parts…and being an oddball himself.

He was George Mcfly in “Back To The furture” you’d know him for best. He was also the bad guy in ‘Alice in wonderland’ with Johnny Depp….he’s been in a lot of well know/well received movies(rivers edge, whats eating gilbert grape). But he was brought up because apparently years ago he went on letterman and pulled a huge stunt. I just watched it and he was acting nuts. Letterman walked off stage after a while when Crispin wouldn’t stop acting like a nut. He was really pissed about it. However with Joaquin dave played along because he knew Joaquin was acting. So thats the difference between good acting and bad acting. Dave knew Joaquin was acting even though he wasn’t told. Dave had no clue Crispin was acting and walked off stage in a pissy mood.

I know crispin from charlies angels full throttle and beowulf. I respect him even more than I do jp. After jp was done with his act he came crawling back and apologizing for what he did. Crispin to this day doesn’t even tell anyone why he did what he did, or if he was on drugs. He lets it remain a mystery because he thinks it is more fun to keep people guessing. He doesn’t give a crap about what hollywood thinks of him.

anonymous @ 02/04/2011 at 8:39 pm

He was in Charlies Angels? Well, that says it all.

Yeah you’re right. Its much better being in ‘signs’ and ‘the village’.

Those We Dare Not Speak Of @ 02/04/2011 at 10:13 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE M. Knight Shyamalan. Lady in the Water is my favorite, but The Village is a Close Second.

Why are people talking about Crispin Glover here? He was in those cheesy Michael Fox movies? I thought he retired a long time ago.

Denisw3134 @ 02/04/2011 at 10:18 pm

^ You defend “the village” and knock an iconic movie like Back to the future? lmao Yeah, your opinion matters.

Glover was only in BTTF 1, not all 3. And those movies are timeless.

Not even a glover fan, but I have seen back to the future and LOVE it. Ive also seen the village and it was the most predictable piece of garbage ever

Brittish Bloke @ 02/04/2011 at 10:31 pm

I’m Still Here did very well in England but folks here like that type of humor. The flick got great reviews here. The write ups in places like The Guardian and The Observer were quite good so the theatre halls were full. People thought Joaquin was something of an American Ricky Gervais. Casey was nominated for a director’s award here.

Iconic? Back to the Future is iconic? Don’t think so.

Denisw3134 @ 02/04/2011 at 11:10 pm

@Flea:

Actually yes. It is an iconic 80′s trilogy. Just like the terminator movies.

It’s grossed twice as much as Gladiator and Walk the line. So nice trying to downplay a classic movie, but its not gonna work ;)

Denisw3134 @ 02/04/2011 at 11:16 pm

^^ It was also nominated for 4 Oscars and won one….and was nominated for 4 golden globes, won a peoples choice award etc

Just confirmed – Joaquin has officially accepted the part of Henry in the vampire movie!!!

EEEEEWWWWWWW! @ 02/04/2011 at 11:47 pm

The Back to the Future films stunk. They’re the epitome of geekdom. You probably also like The Karate Kid. What the heck are you doing on this board? Go rescue Marty McFly. Peggy Sue Got Married and kicked the ***** out of him.

Yeah you’re right. I’ll rent spacecamp instead!!

Then go watch some more of M. Knight Shyamalan terrible predictable films like “signs”. Or better yet, “the 6th sense” which he STOLE the ENTIRE plot from an episode of a children’s nickelodeon show “are you afraid of the dark”.

After that, Ill go watch I’m still here, so there will be a total of 5 people who have seen it.

I don’t want to get into the controversy of “I’m Still Here” Or who he’s dating. I think what’s relevant here is his movie parts. IMHO I think JP was great in Gladiator, WTL. Heck he even was terrific in his early films, ie Parenthood and TDF. I ‘m thinking too he’ll be excellent in Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. As Henry Sturgis Vampire Hunter.

YAY cleftie is employed again?? Wow. About time he got off his ass and got a job!

Desperately Seeking Henry @ 02/05/2011 at 12:23 pm

I cannot wait to see him with shoulder-length hair. He is sooooo darn sexay!

I’m watching the movie, “Flannel Pajamas.” Does anyone else think Justin Kirk looks like Joaquin?

Clefty is back! I hope a press statement comes soon to confirm it, since IMDB means nothing

American babe @ 02/05/2011 at 5:02 pm

British bloke, I thought your comment was interesting. Why do you think the Brits like ISH and think Joaquin is like Ricky Gervais? Do you think the humor in the film is more British?

It’s common knowledge that Brits have no sense of humor. Figures they like this film.

British Bloke @ 02/05/2011 at 7:34 pm

In response to your query, American, a lot of British humor involves seeing haughty people taken down a peg or two. Keep Up Appearances is a good example. We really like it when someone is willing to do it to himself, like Ricky Gervais did in Extras. People who can make fun of themselves are generally pretty secure. They help us all to laugh at themselves. Joaquin put himself in a movie where he makes relentless fun of himself. We Brits love that. He’s a mate.

Holy Grail @ 02/05/2011 at 8:31 pm

Hey, Figures, you’re an ignoramus. English humor is great. What, you never saw Monty Python, The Fully Monty, Absolutely Fabulous, The Office (original version), or Extras? Watch your blanket generalizations or you won’t even have common knowledge between your ears. I suspect there’s just empty space there now.

British humor isn’t funny.

Kathleen Moss @ 02/05/2011 at 11:17 pm

Only a GRADE A jerk would make such a stupid comment like “It’s commonly known that Brits have no sense of humor.” Figures has got his pointed head up his bloody ****. Now THAT is funny!

rollingstones @ 02/05/2011 at 11:24 pm

Figures was a character in “Only Fools And Horses.” No, he didn’t play a horse’s behind, though he was seriously considered for the part of the biggest azz. He was one of the fools and, sadly, not the brightest of that sorry lot.

Alan Partridge @ 02/05/2011 at 11:30 pm

I’m Alan Partridge. Let’s take a poll. What is/was your favorite British sitcom? Vote for me and I’ll take you to an owl sanctuary.

WHAT’S THE PENGUIN DOING ON THE TELLY?

Monty Python will always remain my fave, but I’ve liked a lot of others over the years. Lets see. . .Fawlty Towers and Absolutely Fabulous and Keeping Up Appearances and what was the name of that funny talent show? Alan Partridge was brilliant. I wish that hadn’t gone off. I like all of Ricky’s shows, The Office and Extras. Nothing wrong with comedy. We all need a good laugh and laughter is the best medicine. Good thing because what we hear about health care in America sounds bleak. Good luck with that. I can tell you that the Brits like Obama a sight more than Bush. We’re still shaking our heads about Bush.

............ @ 02/05/2011 at 11:52 pm

No comedian will ever be better than American comedian George Carlin.

Big party at Chateau Marmont tonight to celebrate The King’s Speech. Ridley Scott is in town (director, Gladiator). Paps, please get some pics of Joaquin Phoenix.

Abraham Lincoln @ 02/10/2011 at 8:54 pm

Joaquin passed on the vampire flick. Shucks. I was looking forward to putting the bite on him.

@Abraham Lincoln:

LMAO. He didn’t pass on it, THEY did. They were looking for someone who is a newcomer rather than a known actor.

,snglkhsgtwenmvvnisdf @ 02/11/2011 at 5:40 am

Dont think so LOL….the writer or director of the film was wanting joaquin for the part. Im glad he is not doing this lame flick…why are you even here if you are clearly not a Jp fan….

Maybe he wants to spend more time with his girlfriend and family

you mean his “girlfriends” !!! No such thing as one GF for this man!

William Faulkner @ 02/11/2011 at 7:28 pm

He couldn’t do both “As I Lay Dying” and “Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.” The shooting schedules conflicted. Both directors wanted him, but Joaquin is more interested in the Faulkner pic that Franco is directing. Joaquin is not interested in genre films that may require acting in sequels. That hampers doing other films in the future.

From what I hear, Joaquin has turned down quite a few roles in the last six months. We’re only hearing about a few. I wish he was playing Henry Sturges. I’ve always thought he’d make a killer vampire or vampire killer.

sorry but I have to ask @ 02/11/2011 at 10:35 pm

have you noticed aria has cleaned up her act. the twitter photos aren’t as trashy lately. No cat and crotch shots. keep up the good work aria keep it clasy.

@Yup:

Oh please! Stop acting like HE turned down the roles. THEY TURNED HIM DOWN. What a coincidence that right after ISH, he hasn’t worked at all! He’s been out of work now longer than he EVER HAS in his ENTIRE CAREER. And it’s because no one wants to hire him.

Not to mention, there was ZERO confirmation that he even had the role to begin with! It was a RUMOR

William Faulkner @ 02/12/2011 at 11:24 am

I’m ROFLMAO at LOL. What you don’t know could fill an ocean.

Aria was at the Bardot yesterday evening and Joaquin was there with her.

Oh, I’m so happy for them both! I just knew Joaquin and Aria would get back together. Maybe they’ll sing a duet. He could rap to that cute song she wrote about him. They’re adorable.

He was at Ben Stiller’s Haiti benefit. Unless he went to Bardot later.

don't think so. @ 02/13/2011 at 1:49 pm

Bardot’s in LA. He was at Ben Stiller’s benefit for Haiti in NYC last night.

He was with Aria? REALLY?? Well if he can forgive that song he can forgive anything. Man should of been a priest.

I spotted JP @ 02/13/2011 at 5:58 pm

I just saw JP today. He was getting food stamps. Ever since he”s been unemployed he’s had a hard time buying food

spot, there’s no shame in your being on food stamps. Times are tough. Don’t worry about Joaquin; video rentals and TV airings of his films have made him very rich.

Well, Anthony Langdon writes to Aria in her facebook page, she was taken in photos by her girlfriend….. She’s with Joaquin!

FYI: The troll above me is a member of the Joaquin Central forums. Ignore her.

Dont worry @ 02/20/2011 at 2:07 am

Don’t worry FYI, no one is falling for the troll. That person has been a troll on JP boards for YEARS. Since at least 2006 and you can look it up. She is always posting stupid false delusional **** about his “love life” to get his fans stirred up. I just read an old post from the daily blabber boards from 2006 where this same person was saying “Joaquin is in love with Jody and she is pregnant!!!!”

This person is SERIOUSLY disturbed and has no life.

And just to save you all the time from taking the troll’s bait. Uh, yeah Aria is with someone else.

He’s been with Cookie this whole time.

ceecee r. @ 02/20/2011 at 4:05 pm

just cuz aria is kissing another girl doesnt mean shes with her. have u seen her photoes? shes pretty wild. shed kiss anywone. if shes doing a shoot with that spacehogg guy she and joquine are at leest friends.

.............. @ 02/20/2011 at 4:50 pm

Its a boy she’s kissing you idiot, not a girl.

Get over it troll no one is falling for you bull. You’ve been doing this **** for years.

I’m excited for the Oscars next week. Hopefully we’ll get new pics of him

Kurt Cobain @ 02/20/2011 at 5:23 pm

Today is Kurt Cobain’s birthday. He would have been 44.

I wonder if Kurt met River or Joaquin before…….anyone know?

ceecee r. @ 02/20/2011 at 5:25 pm

dont matter if its a girl or boy that chick kisses everyone don’t mean there together.

what difference does it make if Kurt knew them or not? get over it. and who the hell is cookie?

Kurt Cobain @ 02/20/2011 at 5:48 pm

@see.luv:

Stfu we all know you’re ceecee under another name. The same loser troll whos been on here for years.

And I CARE if he knew Kurt. If you don’t know the answer, shut the **** up and let someone else answer. I want to know if they were friends at all. I know River was heavily into music and trying to make it as a musician in the early 90s at the same time Kurt was massive. I have a feeling River idolized him, and I want to know if they knew each other.

if you care, go to river’s imdb board. they’ll tell you that cobain idolized river. will knowing that change your world?

i’m not cee. please. like i’d give a $ hit about girl groups that denigrate authentically talented women. paradiso girls didn’t even sing in tune. they made the pussycat girls look like the medieval babes.

No, River and Kurt never met, but Kurt did dedicate his song, “Jesus Doesn’t Want Me For a Sunbeam” to him. I’m pretty sure it’s on youtube. I wish they had met. I think they would have been really good friends. Happy Birthday, Kurt

anonymous @ 02/20/2011 at 7:13 pm

@seeluv

You know Aria was a PUssyCat Girl, right?

@NIRVANA!:

Aww I never knew that. It is so sad he dedicated that song to him when River died, then a few months later Kurt died too.

kurt was better than river

actually, no, I didn’t know aria was a pussycat girl. can’t say i’m surprised, though. neither group was known for their talent. any woman can bump and grind in a scanty outfit, but that doesn’t make her a singer.

That is so wrong. Kurt was “better” than River. In what way??? That’s just rude..

British Bloke @ 02/21/2011 at 10:42 am

Don’t get yer knickers in a knot, Wtf. They were both nice blokes, okay? Drop it and get on with it. Don’t be a bloody bore.

Found this on IMDB

“Joaquin Phoenix was spotted at a Toronto ice hockey training early november. (local league game) After contacting the team coach, we found out he had been training for several weeks. We’re not sure how serious Joaquin is about his latest undertaking, but we wish him the best.”

Wonder what he isup to

hippy shakes @ 02/24/2011 at 7:28 pm

did anyone see Oprah today? The Arquette family was on. They reminded e of the Phoenix family is some ways.

Maybe he’ll be at Elton’s shindig tonight. Let’s hope we get some new pics.

Maybe with Aria again, like last year, who knows?

well, did he show? anywhere?

No he was not at any parties. I got word he has been in New York for a while, and he wasn’t in LA during those parties. This excites me because I like only an hour and a half away from NYC!!

is it true that jp is doing a guest appearance on law and order SVU and thats why he is in nyc??

Maxim’s Dictionary

Aria Crescendo: self-employed soft p0r n model and former member of PussyCat Girls and Paradiso Girls.

i’d respect her more if she posed with no clothes. as is, she’s such a tock ceaser with her peekaboo pictures

anonymous @ 03/05/2011 at 5:19 pm

Joaquin, come out, come out, wherever you are!

Joaquin,

My girlfriends and I will be at Claddagh and Looney’s on St. Patrick’s Day and we hope you’ll stop in. I don’t drink car bombs but, no worries, I can light your fire, darlin’.

Back off, Fire, or I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your light out. No, I’m not being kinky, I’m just telling you to stay away from my man. Baltimore on St. Paddy’s Day? Pleeeeeeese. We’ve got firemen in NYC too, and I’ve had the privilege of getting to know the pole on Broome very well.

Joaq, I’ll be at McSorley’s. Don’t leave me in the sawdust.

What are the best bars in Chicago for St. Patrick’s Day?

Kevin Barry @ 03/13/2011 at 10:23 pm

Try The Abbey. Great live music. Heard a lot of good indie rock there. Theres usually a good Irish jam session on St Pats.

Sorry, Kev, but the ONLY place to be tomorrow night is An Tua Nua in Boston.

Danny Boy @ 03/17/2011 at 6:50 pm

Slainte mhaith!

Aria Again @ 04/07/2011 at 8:05 pm

Her “love at first sight” photo is of Joaquin.

blahblahblah. no one cares. there over, she admitted it. he dumped her a looong time ago. hahahaha

fck this douche

anyone here ever been on the its all about joaquin forums? That poster bellisima is SOOOO annoying! all she does is CONSTANTLY start rumors about who she thinks jp is dating or tries to stir up controversy by acting like she thinks jp is with this person and that person. she rarely ever posts about anything else because she is freaking OBSESSED with his love life & spreading gossip.

i know she is reading this right now because she is an obsessed loser. well bellissima, no one is falling for your crap. i know you are one of the idiots going from forum to forum to spread gossip about joaquin. btw: your english is horrible. learn to spell. thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHA @ 05/09/2011 at 10:06 am

Yeah I have an account on there and yes she is a total moron. I just looked over there and what do you think she is talking about AGAIN?! In poor English she “want Joaquin to find love”. Like an idiot. Meanwhile every girl he is seen in a 20 mile radius of Joaquin, she freaks out and assumes they’re “dating”. What an idiot. I’m so glad we aren’t those kind of fans. lmao

Now he’s with Alison Mosshart. I think that’s a good match for him. She’s really talented.

Queen Mum @ 05/18/2011 at 3:21 pm

That is a good pairing. Not as good as William and Kate, but very nice. Very, very nice. I only recently became acquainted with The Kills.

137 +138 = same person, and the same idiot who was obsessed with aria.

Jp ain’t with anyone and wont be for a long time. He is off to film his movie for several months and will be in work mode. And alisan? Is that a joke? This man will never date anyone out of their 20′s. Sorry.

If you’re gonna make up lies, at least make them believable. Dumbass

*This man will never date anyone out of their 20s*

He already has. Don’t be surprised when he’s sighted backstage at the next Kills show.

Girlfriends have always been on JP’s movie sets.

Whats funny is you think he has “girlfriends”. More like, sex toys. He hasnt had a real exclusive steady girlfriend since he was in his 20s

& No to our knowledge, he has NEVER dated anyone out of their 20′s. He is a cradle robber. He likes young girls, not grown women. Not ONE of his g/f’s have been past their late 20′s.

You can try to make up crap all you want just like you did with Aria, but its not going to work. Not even the most gullible idiot would believe your latest lie in an attempt to get fans gossiping. Keep trying.

I don’t know a thing about Aria but I’ve been on 2 of his movie sets.

LOL – to “our” knowledge?

Bull. You’re the same lying troll who loves to hide behind your computer and have been starting stupid rumors on these boards for YEARS because you’re an obsessed loser who needs a life.

OMG you guys know what I just found out?! One of Joaquin’s good friends/good friend of his family’s as well, plays in a band located IN MY TOWN!!!! Not just in my state, or in my city, but in MY TOWN! I am flipping out. I am never gonna leave my house without hair and makeup done at all times. Never in my life did I think that someone Joaquin is friends with could be located where I live of ALL places in the world.

Rain and her band have even apparently gone to each other’s shows/played with each other before!

Charlotte V. @ 05/21/2011 at 8:27 pm

Yup – what were you doing on the sets?

Catering. I used to work for Boyz in the Kitchen.

Stop talking to yourself #145 and 146.

No one buys your bull. You weren’t on any set, and you’re talking to yourself to convince people that you were lol Pathetic

Boyz in the Kitchen catered my cousin’s wedding. The food was excellent. Yup, are you still a caterer? A friend of mine wants to be a chef but he doesn’t want to go to culinary school right away. He wants to work in the field as see if he likes it? Does a place like Boyz in the Kitchen only hire professionals or would they take people willing to train?

****laughs while you continue to have a conversation with yourself***

runyon, i just did set-up for them. I didn’t cook.

Mary,

What forum are you talking about?

Who’s “Bellisima”?