Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Julianna Margulies: My Husband Is Hot But Also Smart!

Julianna Margulies: My Husband Is Hot But Also Smart!

Julianna Margulies stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Tuesday (February 1).

The 44-year-old actress chatted about her SAG win for her role on The Good Wife and explained why she thanked her in-laws during her acceptance speech.

“No one has ever thanked their in-laws on public television … I really meant it. I really love my in laws. And I’m so proud of how they raised their two sons. My husband [Keith Lieberthal, who's a lawyer] and his brother are just remarkable, good human beings,” she told Ellen.

Julianna, who married Keith in 2007, said she met him at a dinner party and their connection was “immediate.”

“I feel bad because people objectify him and they’re like, ‘Oh, your husband is so hot.’ The truth is, he is unbelievably bright and smart and went to Harvard Law,” she dished.

“Whatever. He’s very attractive,” Ellen said.

“He’s attractive,” Julianna replied back.

John Parra/Getty

laverdadduele @ 02/01/2011 at 3:59 pm

Good to see a wife not putting down her husband for a change.

my husband (James Franco) is hotter and smarter

Madhatter @ 02/01/2011 at 4:43 pm

@Olga:
LOL!!!

ok we understand your husband smart and graduated from Harvard. please now shut up.

lexy hates bilson @ 02/01/2011 at 4:58 pm

Always nice to see this beautiful & talented actress on this website!

“I feel bad because people objectify him and they’re like, ‘Oh, you’re husband is so hot.’ The truth is, he is unbelievably bright and smart and went to Harvard Law,” she dished.
——

I know this is going to be annoying, but, it’s ‘your’, not “you’re”. “You’re” means ‘you are’. “Oh, you are husband is so hot”, doesn’t make any sense. Just thought you’d like to know.

@fighter: you can have natalie portman.

lawyers are cheaters, liars, bad people, good actors…
they fit together!

Lilakoi Moon @ 02/01/2011 at 6:27 pm

@Olga: lmao you took the words right outta my mouth! I was about to say the exact same thing :) …..Anyway. Talk about a show off

@Svetlana: Oh gosh, say that when you actually need a lawyer yourself. There is many kinds of people practising law, and most of lawyers’ work is nothing like on these silly tv shows.

@Joann: Oh gosh, really?

#12 @ Svetlana 02/01/2011 6:24pm

Stupid person, I hope I did not understand you to say Lawyers are what-ever all the unfavorable bad thing that your little brain could think of. This make me think you have dealt with quite a few Lawyers in you time.—–I wonder how would you know about all lawyers and know their behavior, unless you are one and know about only yourself or some of them have had to help u to get out of some tough situations and most outcome did not go in your favor. I can understand why. Stop, with the blanket labeling of people. I hate that sort of generalizing. Thats like most women that you talk to will say once a cheat always a cheater. They are general talking about a man. But they never think when women cheat she will always cheat. Sometime some women applaud other woman cheating because they think the man must have given her a reason. But they never think it applies to women who cheat on a good man also. You never hear a man saying once women cheat always a cheater. Men never want another man to think his wife or girlfriend will cheat on him. What do you call it. I think it is called man pride. I know some men that were cheated on and was hurting big-time but they never talked, but did what had to be done, like leaving and finding someone else but kept their feelings distant for a while.

@Olga: i wish, thank you :D

They must be thrilled their handsome son has married pre-menaupausal Julianna.

fat GAY queenie @ 02/02/2011 at 12:08 pm

He is not all that girl so get ova yerself!

Delusional @ 02/06/2011 at 1:15 am

Julianna is living in a delusion. Keith Lieberthal dated every model in NYC before meeting her. He was also UNEMPLOYED for 2 years before meeting her, and he moved in with HER. Into her place, because he was broke. He bragged to everyone that Julianna was “worth 30 million” when they were dating. And he wanted for her to get pregnant before proposing to her (just case she was too old). JM was like 8 month pregnant at their wedding. And yes, he loves being her +1 at all the industry parties. Let’s see how this unrolls.