Lauren Conrad: Reality Show Pulled from MTV

Lauren Conrad: Reality Show Pulled from MTV

Lauren Conrad won’t be returning to reality TV just yet. Her upcoming show on MTV has been pulled, she tells The Hollywood Reporter.

“We sold a show to MTV, filmed it and are really proud of the final result,” Lauren, 25, said. “MTV felt the subject matter was too high brow for their audience and offered me the opportunity to change the show by incorporating more of my personal life.”

“We agreed going into the project that this show would be an aspirational one, focusing on my career and my goals and not my personal relationships. We delivered the show that we sold and are sorry MTV didn’t feel their viewers were savvy enough to appreciate it,” she added in the statement.

David Janollari, Head of Programming for MTV, told EW, “It was a great attempt but it just didn’t feel like a perfect fit for us now.”

ARE YOU SAD to see Lauren Conrad’s reality show pulled from MTV?

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
lexy hates bilson @ 02/04/2011 at 6:40 pm

Too high brow for their audience??? LMAO!!!

I must say I’m a little sad. I could have sworn they took The Hills off the air, but it’s clear MTV is not quite ready to let it go. It would have been kind of cool to see what Lauren has been up to.

Hell no, I would be happy to see all the Hills wannabes disappear completely.

Don’t worry LC, MTV is trash.

MTV shows require skin, sex and ***** to get air time. Guess she wasn’t willing to put out.

ALL these hills girls are SO lame. This shiz was fine when they were 18-22. They are all grown women now and need to grow up with this reality business crap and dumbing the nation with their superficial garbage. MTV is guilty, but they wouldn’t have these shows if there were people smart enough not to act it. Sick of the Hills, The city, all of it.

If it’s not a show about teenagers having unprotected sex and getting knocked up or jersey trash getting drunk and having sex then MTV doesn’t want it. Sad what TV is turning into…

Now go away.

GET OVER YOURSELF

i am a die-hard lauren conrad fan and i am very upset that mtv has decided not to air her show, i know soo many people who would have watched it, they made a big mistake, hopefully another network will pick it up, fingers crossed

I was looking forward to seeing her new show! I wonder if another network will pick it up?

Brentwood Woman @ 02/04/2011 at 7:35 pm

I didn’t really like Lauren much before, but ever since I heard that mega manw*hore Gerard Butler tried too hook up with her and got denied I like her a lot better. Cool girl. ;)

how conservative is MTV??
They do remember they have a show called jersey shore, right?

In The Know @ 02/04/2011 at 8:05 pm

Another average cute slump shouldered nothing being an “Author”, “Fashion designer” and running out of time.

She ought to partner with Hilary Duff in a new show called “Your kid fans have grown up and your 15 minutes are over”.

LMAO….something Lauren Conrad did was “too high brow”??? Give me a break!

I´m SO sad :( I really wanted to see her again!

MTV has turned into a rubbish channel now anyway so don’t worry Lauren, another network will pick it up :) ***

not sad at all. nearly a decade devoted to lauren is sufficient i’d say. been really happy that The Hills cast is in the rear view mirror. not missing them

awesome news @ 02/04/2011 at 10:25 pm

Great! She wanted out of the spotlight and that’s what she got. Now the likes of Jersey Shore and those Housewives shows have taken over where The Hills and The City left vacant.

That’s too bad because
I was looking forward to it =/

Heaven forbbid MTV actually have a show with someone who actually has a real job, and isn’t knocked up before they can even vote or doesn’t bang a nightclub full of people in the bathroom stalls. So sad that they’ll keep a flop show like Skins that cost them more to keep on the air than it did to make it but they won’t give a proven money maker like Lauren her own slot.

rosaryloveone @ 02/04/2011 at 11:23 pm

MTV has lost class by not airing this show. Come on, teen mom, really? Howabout were inspire young individuals to seek out professional goals while expressing creativity, not trailer trash who are uneducated. First you stop playing music videos and now this. LC made MTV relevant when it wasn’t and now you shun her. Karma will get you MTV!!

Oh gosh, Lauren get off your high horse. I’ve never heard a bimbo sound more pretentious… shes acting like her show is some intellectual show that requires brains to understand. i highly doubt that’s the case but was probably about her job which is just too boring for anyone to care about. Yea sex sells, but that’s not surprising to anyone is it? A boring average girl working-that will not sell. I don’t blame MTV.

Brightside @ 02/05/2011 at 2:29 am

Why would anyone want to watch a reality show about a reality show airhead focusing on their aspirations and goals? The phrase ‘watching paint dry’ comes to mind! Didn’t that wretched Jordan creature do something similar at some time? What a dismal and depressing idea!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All