Black Eyed Peas: Super Bowl Halftime Show!

Black Eyed Peas: Super Bowl Halftime Show!

The Black Eyed Peas rock Cowboys Stadium during the Super Bowl Halftime show on Sunday (February 6) in Arlington, Texas.

The group was joined by hundreds of dancers in suits covered in lights, which created designs all across the field!

The show started off with “I Got a Feeling” before Fergie was joined by Slash to perform Guns N’ Roses‘ “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” Next, Usher joined will.i.am onstage for “O.M.G.”

The BEP finished off the show with “Where is the Love” and “The Time (Dirty Bit).”

FYI: Fergie is wearing over $2 million worth of Harry Winston diamonds! Apl.de.ap is wearing Mykita “Gordon” sunglasses.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the Black Eyed Peas’ Super Bowl Halftime Show?

Black Eyed Peas: Super Bowl Halftime Show!
black eyed peas half time show 01

• Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Just terrible. What happened to real music at the half time show?

riversoverflow @ 02/06/2011 at 9:01 pm

It was completely terrible. It sounded like karaoke.

mumford&fans @ 02/06/2011 at 9:01 pm

@Shell: Couldn’t agree more I can’t stand the Black Eyed Peas

fregie sounded like ****.eyeryone sounded good.usher should have sang more.

They’re not ussually good doing live performances and this one is no different. Fergie tries too hard as always and it would’ve been nice if they let the other two sing too…

Black-Eyed Peas ROCKED………

bubbaness @ 02/06/2011 at 9:01 pm

OMG AWFUL!!!!

that was HORRIBLE! they need to be euthanize

IT WAS RIDICULOUSLY BAD. THE BEP’s SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED!!!

Fergie can sing but her voice was NOT good here. BEP used to be so good. These days the only way to stay relevant is to make music like “boom boom pow”.

they make such crap music now cuz sadly thats what people like to listen to. their old good records did not get recognition.

fergie looked hot. i watched it on mute.

Wow that was a snoozefest.

Hey at least it got the crowd riled up..isnt that the point

fergie should start dancing again

guys at the backgroud U R ROCK!!!!!!!! xD

Not dull but not great.

boomboomohcrapmyears @ 02/06/2011 at 9:08 pm

no just no

Super Bowl Suckfest! They sucked, she sucked. That thing where she was trying to channel Axel Really sucked. Wasted 15 minutes I’ll never get back.

fergie is in such good shape im jealous

I’d rather have watched Arod be fed popcorn by that dude again.

What was with the cube-heads? Also, was there supposed to be music in the background, or were they supposed to be singing alone? Someone should be fired….

IT WAS FUN I ENJOYED IT
FERGIE LOOKS SEXY

The black peas performance was good usher was good they could of kept Slash at home lol just my opion

2 million dollars worth of diamonds couldn’t even make that **** good. Lyric so stupid and juvenile.

Wow that was really horrible.

Visually it looked really great. but the audio was just awful and it went on way too long. One of the worst performaces I have ever heard in my life. Fergie especially sounded terrible and off key.

lovvveeeed it! @ 02/06/2011 at 9:45 pm

LOOOOOVVVVEE BEP, not the greatest via TV, but i’m sure it was awesome LIVE!!!
loved it anyway! way better than justin timberlake and janet jackson….gag.

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

Fergie IS talented but she just sounded horrible tonight. She sounded like she was trying wayy to hard. The others did a great job.

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 9:47 pm

Where’s Gaga when you need her?

Im a raver by trade, I love lights and electronic music. But i have a respect for real music. The show this year was a failed attempt of taking a Rave style show and trying to condence it to 15 minutes. Epic fail….The lights are supposed to accent the feel of the music, which wasn’t good at all. i remember when i was a kid, they actually had good shows, this just sucked.

Meh leave my rave stuff at the raves, and have a traditional show next year, no light, nothing shiny, just good musicians.

Waste of Time @ 02/06/2011 at 9:59 pm

@Alana:

Slash was the only good part. Fergie has the worst female voice I have ever heard. I liked BEP before ever watching a live show… That poor girl lives for autotune!

jessemosslover @ 02/06/2011 at 10:00 pm

Sorry, I have NO idea why my message got posted 8 TIMES.

I just listened to the sound without watching them and it is unquestionably terrible

offensive. i can not believe that, with so many talented musicians out there, these people were paid to do that.

The songs they sang was good. It was the sound that made the show terrible. I kept on waiting for someone to turn on the volume or the bass. Yeah, it did sound karoke. But I thought they would have gone through sound check dueing rehersals.

laverdadduele @ 02/06/2011 at 10:19 pm

Not surprised they sucked. People have such high hopes for today’s crappy performers it’s unbelievable.

furgie sounded like a man, maybe more of a man than axel rose !
Also, funny how they condensed all of there hit songs in such a short period of time…meaning > crap music <. Im sick of auto tune….if you can’t sing live THEN DON’T !!

Made me want to puke. Anyone can get up there and make noise. Had to mute the sound on the TV.

zac-is-tard @ 02/06/2011 at 10:30 pm

it was awful..so difficult to watch.

zac-is-tard @ 02/06/2011 at 10:32 pm

the other reader was right. ..it was more entertaining to see a-rod being fed popcorn

The Black Eyed Peas utterly rocked. What a great, high energy, entertaining show. One of the best performances I’ve ever seen. BTW I’m usually a fan of the likes of The Beatles, Elton John and the Rollingstones.

Love you, Peas!!

The sound quality was horrible. Fergie was screaming and her voice sucked.

We all thought that it was awful. Besides that they sounded bad , the whole concept was bad. Bring back REAL musicians, who don’t need all the extra BS

@Kaz simply Amaazzing !!!!!!!!:

It was a great show…We were all partying and dancing to the tunes!!

Justin Griffin @ 02/06/2011 at 10:36 pm

The art in creating the BEP’s music happens in the studio, not in their voices. They’re almost more techno than anything….. because of this they shouldn’t do shows. Their music doesn’t suck, but they’re trying to be Celine Dion or something when their music is more Daft Punk-ish.

Justin Griffin @ 02/06/2011 at 10:36 pm

Justin Griffin @ 02/06/2011 at 10:36 pm

They were horrible singing all their songs!!! And there weren’t even a LIVE BAND for them to sound horrible! Lawdy! And Usher came and sang three words and THAT’S IT!!! What is the point of giving him the mic!?!??!?

Even though they did pump up the audience, their singing and performance was horrible!!!!! They should’ve brought Axl Rose to sing “Sweet Child O’ Mine”.. Fergie was terrible singing it!! She can’t do live shows. She is better singing behind closed doors in a recording studio.

Though those bright neon suits got my attention. But all of those dancers were so off, I couldn’t helping laughing… And I’m sure they practice maybe a day or two for their numbers, it seems??

total crap. al of it from start to end.
Remember when ZZTop did the halftime show. Now that one rocked.
BEP do not Rock or even POP or whatever sort of ‘music’ they claim to play.

THEY WERE TERRIBLE. AND WATCH, THEY WILL HAUNT THE TELEVISION SCREENS ONCE AGAIN ON THE GRAMMYS.

GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God it sucked…especially Fergie…What happened?

Wost hafltime show ever.

AMAZEBALLLLLLLLSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The acoustics were horrible, Fergie sounded OFF KEY! but the neon people forming Green Bay signs and Steelers signs looked cool, something a little different otherwise nothing spectacular.

They sucked! Get the hell outa Texas, and take that moron Aguliera with you. Go back to freakin’ Kalifornia.

The show was awful!!!!!

S.Michelle @ 02/06/2011 at 11:05 pm

Although, the sound system was horrible, I enjoyed the half time show, it was entertaining! I love the Black Eyed Peas.

GREAT JOB BLACK EYED PEAS.. Enjoyed watching.

GREAT JOB BLACK EYED PEAS.
That was wonderful.

fergie TOTALLY STOLE MADONNA’S LOOK FROM STICKY & SWEET TOUR (4 MINUTES) – girl do something different .

I like BEP…in 1998. Now, not so much.

Absolutely horrible! Someone should be embarrassed starting with the the BEP. Complete waste of 15 minutes.

I thought the show was good. I don’t know what all these people are talking about. I think it would have been a lot more fun if we were actually there.

the neon people are great. excellent choreography. the BEP are fantastic. i like them…..sound was great with my AV receiver on…

i don’t agree with you people that sound is not good. if you are only listening to this posted video then you are right. you should have listened to the live video.

The performance was great…there were technical difficulties, especially in sound mixing and effects, but with the enormity of the the overall show, you can expect a few. I though it was a great show, and watched it five times.

gotta love how fergie totally killed a classic like sweet child o’ mine right in front of a legend…

Rattlesnake @ 02/07/2011 at 1:42 am

Slash was the only exciting part of the whole damn thing, the peas were flat like piss on a plate , dull and boring ! ! even The Who was better last year ! !

OMG!!!!!WAS AMAZING!

@Raluca:
you must be black.

saywhat??? @ 02/07/2011 at 2:44 am

Sucked ass! Best thing was whe Slash came out until Fergie totally murdered sweet child o mine. Only person allowed to sing that song is Axl Rose! They need to get back on their mothership with the TRON dancers and autotune and disappear into the cosmos!

itstrueagain @ 02/07/2011 at 2:48 am

Who are they trying to appeal to? These acts at half time suck big time. Found it annoyingly noisy and took a break til the game came back on. Liked the background effects, but that was that.

melissa asherman @ 02/07/2011 at 3:08 am

I have no idea what anyone was listening to. I thought they were great! They were exciting! Lights, rapping, singing, dancing, good songs… awesome! Best performance since Aerosmith.

DoubleDutch @ 02/07/2011 at 4:47 am

LOVED Fergie’s outfit and shoes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5o1c1sBxG0

Just because the dancers from the Bejing Olympics were out of work, don’t mean you have to take sympathy on them!

victim of fergie @ 02/07/2011 at 7:18 am

Fergie is a drag queen
Nasty

Aweful!!! What has happened to REAL music, Real songs, and Real emotions…Very dissapointed as I had stayed up to watch…

What has happened to REAL music with real emotions? Very dissapointed…

@Rose:

Mute..I wish I had thought of that!

Stole the idea with the suits from Tron Legacy

Will.I.AmWRIGHTSTheBestJingles @ 02/07/2011 at 8:27 am

@riversoverflow: My name says it all. Will.I.Am has even admitted that he composes (if you want to call it that) to promote a product in commericals. TBEPee’s are overrated in my opinion BIG TIME.

Ameeei , como sempre Black è extraordiàrioooo
Amooo eles

Will.I.AmWRIGHTSTheBestJingles @ 02/07/2011 at 8:37 am

@Will.I.AmWRIGHTSTheBestJingles: I’m stoopid. Make that Will.I.AmWRITESTheBestJingles.

In watching them perform their collage of songs I realized that ALL their songs sound exactly the same, couldn’t even tell where one began and ended…it was bad. Hope they stop making and ruining classic songs. To think that they consider themselves artists…hahaha what a joke.

WICKED WENCH @ 02/07/2011 at 8:57 am

Ugh…there are two types of musicians in the world: real musicians who sound great live and in the studio (Queen / Muse anyone?) and ersatz ones who should be limited to radio time (Pop artists). They should hire the Glee cast to perform at the next one: at least they can sing.

That had to be the worst halftime show in history. BEP’s singing was atrocious.. Fergie sounded washed out and what is with the dude with the autotuen?? please soooo overdone about 30 years ago. lol And Slash?? Cheesy! and Usher?? was he really singing? Obviously BEP wasn’t good enough to do the show alone.. they had to bring in help which didn’t help a bit. The only mildly interesting part of show were the lighted dancers….. Compared to the Who and the Rolling Stones.. this was just sad and embarrassing.

I liked the show, it was entertaining..I thought it was good.

I remembered when Prince performed back in 2007. That was one of the best halftimes in recent years, and it was raining! I usually love the BEP but they don’t make good music like they used to. It’s like they forgot their original formula and is trying to keep up with what’s popular now. This performance wasn’t so good. It was like the music wasn’t loud enough and there mics weren’t leveled correctly if that makes sense. I like when everything just flows together… especially when you’re doing a medley of hits, and somehow everything got lost in translation. It was kinda messy.

This cured me of watching the half time ‘entertainment???’ Terrible spectacle, the sounds were not even close to what the Black Eyed Peas play. All the mean faces sure made us feel good!! What a waste of good airtime, great for potty break and food though.

Worst half time ever!!

people are so jealous :) haters cant stand the fact that they are the best.. oh, kill yourselves ;) fergie was perfect, like always.

Well now I know where all the negativity in America is posting their un educated rants. Don’t like it…. don’t watch it. It was entertainment in a world full of negative jerks. It was great and that was a pretty big audience.

ABSOLUTE CRAP THE WORST PERFERMANCE I HAVE EVER
SEEN IN 56 YEARS. IT WAS UNIMANGINABLE, IT WAS SO
HORRIBLE.CANT ANYONE SING ANYMORE TO THINK THEY
ACTUALLY WERE PAID TO DO THAT

@Jack:

You need a lobotomy.

@eric:
And retarded

VOCAL DIARRHEA.

creativejedi @ 02/07/2011 at 12:46 pm

Shockingly horrible. You know, BEPs, if you’re gonna try to get by with NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS and call yourself a band, at least be sure you can SING AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT!! Even with the gimmicky pitch correction, you couldn’t approach the right notes on your OWN SONGS! Worse than karaoke! As if Aguilera hadn’t embarrassed the USA enough for one day, the world had to witness your **** halftime show. Be ashamed!

Usher! He should have performed more, when he came out the crowd went crazy!

THEY SUCKED, ZERO TALENT

for real? I thought she looked pregnant!

Halftime show was a joke! Light show had problems, thankfully the sound cut out once in awhile so we didn’t have to hear all of fergie killing cats. Slash should find a new gig.

tanyakristine @ 02/07/2011 at 1:26 pm

NOW i see why they lip-synch.

Horrid. Fergie needs to die. She was flat or completely off key the whole time. Sound guy had a tough job deciding when to turn her up or turn her off so he’s forgiven for the initial flub with her mic… She also had a few moments of 40+ wigger dancing, and some choice moments of looking into the camera like a 4 year old trying too hard at a talent show looking for mommy’s approval… Usher and Slash? Did they pick names out of a hat? Fergie should NOT have attempted Sweet Child of Mine… Though the BEP’s outfits were straight up Tron rip offs, The lights were cool. Could have done without the dancing fake marching band as well, though… or maybe put lights on them too.

@WICKED WENCH: Actually the cast of Glee really can’t sing all that well. a couple of them, yes, but the vocal tracks on the show are autotuned beyond recognition.

vroomvroombetty @ 02/07/2011 at 1:43 pm

I liked it. Live singing always sucks especially in that big of an arena! I enjoyed it. It was entertaining. Usher also hardly sings during th OMG song, because he is also a dancer and you can’t really sing and do an amazing dance like that. You run out of breath quick! He is an amazing performer.

The half time show SUCKED… Black eye peas were terrible.. I was actually waiting for them to perform… They sounded terrible…They were even doing cover songs from Other bands… TSK TSK>>>DISGACEFUL………… Usher is a no talent.. But I guess he has to have more talent that the Black eye peas cause they invited him to help perform on their show…Overall the Halftime show was a BIGGGGGGGGGGGG YAWN……………………………………

It was sooo terrible! I felt embarrased for Fergie. I thought that she could sing but I stand corrected.

Fergie didn’t sing well in any of her parts and the guys couldn’t really make up for her off pitched and raggy parts. She put slash to shame with how she was performing. I am not surprised they didn’t do very well because Fergie seems like she is 50/50 all the time, either there or she’s not there at all. The black eyed peas all together were never amazing live. I think Ushers little bit was better than the whole thing combined, and I don’t even like Usher.
x.x

The lights were cool though and the stage, as usual.

This ***** Fergie really sucks at singing . And that other ******* she sings with looks like a total tool. This Fergie ***** could be the biggest oiece of **** on the planet.

I loved it. Finally something different than the usual halftime show.

Completely Deaf @ 02/07/2011 at 2:06 pm

just LOVED IT!

no vocoder @ 02/07/2011 at 2:10 pm

Long on attitude and style – Short on real talent

when fergie started singing it sounded like a wounded cat in heat….i wish Axl Rose would have knocked her off stage and sang his own song.

The sound man should be fired for this one. Though I thought it was a bad halftime show, it was only due to the fact that the sound man couldnt get his crap together. I mean really, he didnt even unmute fergie’s mic until halfway through her first verse. The only reason they were screaming at times is because they didnt have enought volume in their mics so they were trying to compensate for it. The Black Eyed Peas are usually great live, and I have seen them several times live.

I LUVED IT!!! HELL OF ALOT BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!

Ian Douglas @ 02/07/2011 at 2:51 pm

I agree with most is was very very bad so I wonder why do the BEP”s sell so many CD”s?

They where exposed as frauds .

@Shell:

I thought the halftime show was the best I’ve ever seen. It was so much better than the traditional shows. AWESOME!!!!!!!!

BEP’s ROCK!
“Dudes keep Hatin on US, Dudes need to ease on UP”!!!!!

BEP's SUCK @ 02/07/2011 at 3:25 pm

That show was the worst, but don’t blame the BEP’s. There laughing all the way to the bank. The one that booked them for the show should be fired.

I thought it was GREAT! All this negativity — you guys are a bunch of haters, jealous. Where is the love??

Terrible show, worst half time show I’ve ever seen. How about some real singing and real talent instead of that rap crap.

@Kathy: no hate about it, BEP’s can’t sing worth a darn. You gotta be tone deaf to think they were good.

It was awesome! I really needed a good laugh. One guitar, a bunch of synthesized noises and a quartet that can’t sing! What more could you want? Embarrassing. The only thing that could save this performance is to have Milli Vanilli do the half time show next year.

johnlarry @ 02/07/2011 at 4:38 pm

Why were they dressed like KISS?

Really horrible. Turned the half time show off until they were done.
Totally wrong market…what was the NFL thinking???

Christine @ 02/07/2011 at 4:43 pm

Wow, that was bad.

I liked the halftime show. Best one I’ve seen. BEP were great and the special effects were original. Usher was great too. Loved the dancing.

You people are haters and don’t know how to party. The show wasn’t for you old hacks. Pop an e pill n you would appreciate the light show, then learn to dance and you’ll love the music that was played. EXCELLENT SHOW! Best Superbowl halftime show BY FAR!

i liked it

jamestoons @ 02/07/2011 at 5:13 pm

Worst half-time show ever? It was like Tron meets 1984 set to the soundtrack of a really bad karaoke-cover-band with a special “Spinal-Tap” entrance. The only thing that would have saved it was if one of the pea’s wires got stuck 10 feet from the ground and they had to perform the skit suspended over the stage. And Slash and Usher… what did they do, send out a call for anyone that was needing a few bucks to join in the train wreck? All they needed was Billy Idol and a couple backstreet boys to round out the cast. I did like the MC Hammer pants on Usher – WTF?

I stole this from someone else but it still needs to be said, they need to change their name to the CRAP EYED PEAS.

That was bad. I just love “Where Is The Love” though… and I love Usher even tho this is in my opinion one of his worst songs ever. But the peas were bad, but at least it was entertaining

Elizabeth Salisbury @ 02/07/2011 at 5:32 pm

“The impact of the show has to be the astounding thing, not the dressing of it. The dressing of a show is just a dressing its sorta the perfunctory kind of thing , you can dress a show with a trillion dollars worth of goodies but if the show is not substantial, there will be no impact.”
– David Bowie

You are all haterz!!! They brought it and rocked tha show!!

@Gabriel: hated the performance , not members of the band. Understand the proper use of the word hate, that’s an over used term since obama ling a ding dong came along!

SuperBore @ 02/07/2011 at 6:35 pm

Fergie should have used the 2 million for vocal lessons instead of buying diamonds. Worst Halftime show ever.

They sounded good, the sound system sucked. I have seen them live &…OMG! I am certain some serious talk took place with the technicians! Jeez, why can they put on football games that size & hardly ever, year after year after year…have sound systems/technicians that don’t know a thing. It is not the first time that someone awesome sounded like crap, thanks to the bad sound.

One of the better super bowl half time show since Janet Jackson fiasco. All those old farts complain about the show, but get real people. Blacked eyed peas brings good entertainment to the stage. The overall show with the volunteer dancers and tron-isk movement was great.

It’s too bad there were audio issues the made the show less stellar than it should have been. But you have to admit times have changed and atleast some older rockers are not on stage and putting us to sleep. Atleast we were awake this time.

Bridgestone should demand their money back. Worst halftime ever.

Worst halftime show ever.

The vocals were really bad!!!!! They need to focus on the main entertainers and forget about all the extra people on the field!! Slash was very good!!! They forgot to do a sound check!!! It really did suck. Christine A. needs to learn the words to the national anthem. She has one of the best voices of all time!!!!!

i hate that fergie was like grinding all up on slash and he was totally ignoring her. this was horrible. oh well.

Fergie sang really bad here… but maybe that’s because I’m used to the record.

It was LIVE people. They were not lip syncing.They write their own music, compose and orchestrate all the sound effects them selves, are original and fun. To qouteFergie in the song she did with Nellie, ” I knows that I’m fine and all of you haters can kiss a behind, specifically speaking I’m talking bout mine.” Maybe you shoule get off the sofa and stop eating Doretoes and work HALF as hard as she has, First being a child star then getting noticed in her all girl band then joining the boys in the BEP. ALL the while keeping in fabulous shape. I grew up in the 70′s with Petty and Springsteen. Like them both and have their CD’s. But for a half time show…. talk about boring. They couldn’t even get it together to have their lips match the music. Fergie was “wow” in Sweet Child of Mine and I love her Amy W “Rehab”. She can do it ALL. Slash and Usher thing ..but to each his own. The Black Eyed Peas burst with creativity. I’ll listen to them and move around when I’m 100. Love you guys! Keep “pumping” out the hits and making the BIG money. Love you!

FIKTITIOUS @ 02/07/2011 at 9:46 pm

The choreography and set design were fantastic. The music really sucked. This group should not have been playing at a Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is attended by an older audience ($2,300+ tickets, remember?) Should have been an act more in line with past groups–Tom Petty in 2009, Bruce Springsteen in 2010, etc..

@Jack: Are you deaf?

It was awesome, great show. As far as halftime shows go, this one was good. Fergie was good and a trooper for keeping going through that sound issues. I liked it!

Feel free to sign along…..

I got a fellin (hoo hoo)

that tonite was the last time we will see such a !@#$%^ halftime show

that tonite was the last time we will see such a !@#$%^ halftime show

that tonite was the last time we will see such a !@#$%^ halftime show

I got a fellin….

Kristen Kobayashi @ 02/08/2011 at 2:37 am

It was different from the album. but I still think we should give them a bit more respect in the comments here. Anyways- I still enjoyed the artistic creativity and their music gives off a feeling of celebration. That’s what its all about.

Kristen Kobayashi @ 02/08/2011 at 2:43 am

The show was awesome. I luv the BEP !!! Whoohooo!
Especially liked Dirty Bit !

fergie sucks AND she’s a terrible singer. bep needs to go back to performing at raves!

Truth Serum 7 @ 02/08/2011 at 4:33 am

From the TV. POV. The performance was great. Every song played seemed to pump movement into the stadium. Their style was classic BEP. I appreciate the planners for not making them play country to please the masses, I’d consider that lame. They did a great job. Those who think otherwise would only be pleased if the halftime show was done their way, but would never admit their selfish agenda. Also, The “Box Head Revolution” was probably the reason for the boxes, interesting fit for the performance. It was like dropping a quantum physics question on 1st graders, they only see the boxes not the meaning.

Agree with all comments on BEP..but has everyone forgotten about the horrible Who half time show at last year’s Super Bowl? BEP was better than Who…which isn’t saying much

exposed as over produced and under talented, but it was funny

Black Eyed Peas have no talent, get some real music next year.

This was the best half-time show in the history of the superbowl. The Black Eyed Peas were fantastic!!!!!!!

I agree. It was funny. Everyone at our small party had a good laugh at this really bad music.The phrase I heard the most was,”this is a joke”.

Cosmofan1000 @ 02/08/2011 at 10:30 am

All right, (bleep) you all. The Black Eyed Peas are awesome, so (bleep) you.

the Darkness @ 02/08/2011 at 12:17 pm

Fergie is hot I love her and I like the BEP’s. However, it seems more and more that todays “talent” is to dependant on the machines and computers in the studios to alter and tweak their sounds/voices whatever. Sooooo when they go to do it live… it really doesnt come close to sounding good. I think this is the problem with BEP because their live performances really are not that great, but they wooo you with lots of pretty visuals and effects and it gives the illusion the performance was good…but it’s really not.

@bubbaness: the show sucked, big time.

hater of this years superbowl @ 02/08/2011 at 8:22 pm

so errible. fergies voice sounded sooo bad. she tried way to hard and sounded like a man.

hater of this years superbowl @ 02/08/2011 at 8:22 pm

hater of this years superbowl @ 02/08/2011 at 8:22 pm

you know what they say. if its too loud. then your too old. overall i enjoyed it.

I thought it was a great show…I don’t see why so many people hated it…

scaryassclown @ 02/09/2011 at 9:07 pm

I think the bad sound mixing and the bad selection of camera angles (must they really shift angles all the time and not focus on the holistic view of the entire act????) made the performance terrible. Not that Black Eyed Peas is already bad as it is…but to ruin a well prepared performance?–it’s the director and the sound engineer’s fault! If you would notice, the people who are supposed to be glow in the dark had a well-choreographed move but you would hardly notice it co’z the camera shifts angles every second. why cant they just have like four angles and all of ‘em focused on the entire act?

I actually didn’t dislike Black Eyed Peas until this performance (mostly becuase I had wisely avoiding their pop-drawl for years). I was able to shock myself into announcing to my also very disappointed friends that I finally found music I wanted to listen to even less than lady Gaga. Even after upwards of seven beers I found this grating to my senses. There was a collective cringe across all North America that day.

Anyone who liked it is either an impressionable consumer-sheep, or just plain deaf.

you should blame the generation for liking this music not the band for giving them what they want, you think they would of done these songs if no one liked them?

It was awesome

I dont know what everyone is bitching about it was an awesome show

That takes us up to the next level. Great posnitg.