Gemma Ward: Heath Ledger Was One of a Kind

Gemma Ward: Heath Ledger Was One of a Kind

Gemma Ward graces the cover of the Daily Telegraph‘s Sunday magazine.

Here’s what the 23-year-old Aussie model and actress had to share:

On meeting Heath Ledger in New York in 2007: “We were both struggling with things that I won’t get into and we bonded over that. At first I said, ‘Listen, my mum’s living with me right now and I’m going through a hard time. I’m not interested in having a serious relationship,’ and he said, ‘Let’s just be there for each other through these hard times.’ And we developed a relationship and started seeing each other.”

On her memories about Heath: “He was an incredible person, unlike anybody I’ve ever met – and will meet ever again. He was one of a kind and extremely sensitive, extremely open, extremely honest, extremely generous, extremely energetic. He had time for everybody, no matter who you were. He was such an amazing talent.”

On her character in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: “Tamara is the typical siren. And what I found interesting about the mermaids in this movie is that the producers stayed true to mermaid mythology. The original story of The Little Mermaid was very gruesome – a lot of these old fairytales are.”

On her career: “I wasn’t a child [when I started out]; I was a teenager. I wasn’t all that innocent, either. I wasn’t taken advantage of – I knew what I was doing. I feel very powerful in myself now. I’m happy with where I am and I’m excited for my life and excited to embrace all aspects of it. I’m definitely not [regretful]. I look back on everything I’ve done with pride.”

gemma ward sunday telegraph 01
gemma ward sunday telegraph 02
gemma ward sunday telegraph 03
gemma ward sunday telegraph 04

Photos: Peter Ash Lee
Posted to: Gemma Ward, Magazine

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] Show All

@Kelly: Heath and Gemma only casually dated for a month or so. Gemma’s own sister even commented how all Heath could talk about was how much he missed Matilda AND michelle.

@Amber: lol its no way she mourned for 3yrs she talked about him in May 2008 saying he operated from the heart

An American @ 02/10/2011 at 1:25 pm

Heath and Michelle were no longer a couple (and allegedly estranged to boot), so get over it!!!! She is just telling the truth. He had NO widow, so she is not disrespecting anyone by speaking out. She’s not using him for publicity either, she’s correcting all the FALSE claims that he was a ladies’ man when he died. He wasn’t. He only had ONE girlfriend when he passed and that was Gemma. I really hope this comment isn’t posted like 3 times and I apologize if it is.

Gemma’s sister NEVER said Heath missed Michelle, she said only Matilda. He was very upset he couldn’t see her. Why would Heath miss Michelle, who was denying him access to his kid, when he was smitten with Gemma? Heath took Gemma home to his family as his girlfriend and supposedly had a tattoo with her name.
Face it H/M shippers, Heath and Michelle were finished and not on good terms by many accounts. A custody battle was in the works. Heath was dating Gemma like it or not. Michelle was history.

@griffin:
Gemma Ward hardly needs to “pimp anyone out for a shot of fame” given that she is already a seriously successful supermodel whose just been out of the game for a few years and, it looks like, is maybe finally coming back in. She has worked for so many high-range designers so for you to say she couldn’t book jobs is just laughable.

MEANT LOVE @ 02/12/2011 at 2:39 pm

@PerthGirl:
I really like Gemma Ward. You sound like someone that knew the truth.
I can’t stand Michelle Williams. I believe that Gemma and her sister tried to comfort Heath Ledger emotionally but it just wasn’t enough to stop Michelle’s vicious lawyers from going after him threatening to destroy his reputation so Michelle could win sole custody and also to satisfy her spiteful jealousy about Gemma being the new girlfriend. Gemma was very young when she dated Heath Ledger and though she was a successful model that doesn’t mean she could be the strong woman he needed to help him fight Michelle. I believe Gemma tried her best to be there for Heath Ledger but she had no experience in life to deal with someone like Michelle Williams. Gemma made Heath happier but I don’t believe he was in love with her. He had dinner
plans with Lindsay Lohan days before he passed away.
He also invited her over to his apartment quite often. I absolutely do not
believe he was in love with Lindsay but he enjoyed her.

I don’t believe he loved Michelle Williams either. She is nothing but a spoiled rich brat who has been pampered by her parents. She meets Heath Ledger and then traps him because Michelle gets what she wants. There is no actor that would have stayed in a relationship with her and that’s why she planned to trap Heath Ledger.

Heath Ledger would have found his TRUE LOVE if Michelle Williams didn’t get in the way. I am proud of Gemma Ward for trying her best to help Heath Ledger but she wasn’t meant for him either. I don’t understand what you meant about Gemma and Heath planning to move in together before he passed way but if they did I don’t believe it would have lasted.

I can’t stand Mary Kate Olsen.
That Diana Wolozin and Mary Kate deliberately waited to call 911.
How do we all know what time Diana arrived at his apartment for
his massage? How do we know what calls Diana made from her own
cell phone that day? She might have called Mary Kate more times than she is willing to admit.

What about surveillance cameras at Heath Ledgers apartment building? Were there any?
Is there any evidence as to when Diana Wolozin first arrived at Heath Ledgers apartment that day? Did she leave the building at all after she first arrived and then come back later to finish making calls to Mary Kate and then to 911?

she did this interview for a sunday magazine thats apart of a weekly paper in Australia she did not sell her story to some tacky magazine she would of done this for nothing, nor did she publish it in America it was just in Australia, she spoke not one word about Heath since his death and the Australian public was dying to know how they were involved, hence the guy asking her questions about him and even advertising more about those parts of the interview something she would have had little control over. I think Gemma ward is amazing, a very talented and sweet person she is doing the right thing in my book, shes been honest something that seem a rarity these days, give her more respect guys

Reality check @ 02/16/2011 at 8:41 am

Out of his girlfriends Heath loved Naomi Watts the most and Michelle Williams the least. It was plain as day he adored Naomi. He never ever looked at Michelle the way he looked at Naomi. Not even once. Heath stayed with Michelle for as long as he did because he had no choice as she pulled the ‘accidental pregnancy’ trick on him after only 7 months together. Heath loved his daughter, the mother not so much. He looked miserable with her.

lemonbird @ 02/20/2011 at 7:34 pm

@Em:
Gemmas sister did say he was on the edge and hurt over the breakup back in 2008 dammmn youre soo behind you hater,and youre not a real Heath fan then you would know michelle dumped him and he still loved her shes the reason why he did IM NOT THERE.Giliam is BS

lemonbird @ 02/20/2011 at 7:50 pm

You michelle haters should go s*ck a d*ck your jealously over her and Heaths relationship is siick,you dont know what was going on between them & they of course still had strong feeling for each other,Gemma was just a fling!
Heath loved michelle very much he called her his soulmate,they had child together concentually Heath wanted it too he said it came natural to they’re bodies.He was happy with her too so many pics of him kissing her head more hands on then his other gf’s.When he was with michelle he always looked nice and fresh and wore 3-piece suits,ever since the break-up with michelle hes dressed like a homeless person and not clean himself up he became so depressed

All his friends said he was coping with the breakup also his friend Joseph Aloi. http://www.accesshollywood.com/_article_8134

Ugh some of these comments are so annoying…you people act like you knew Heath Ledger personally! Im sure people dont know who he loved and cared about. Im not going to sit here and say that he loved Gemma more than Michelle because I honestly wouldnt know, but just by looking up heath ledger and his relationships, it seemed as if he loved Michelle More than anyone he has ever been with, and if you people dont like it, well you all can get over it, ok?? thanks! :)

PUBLIC SCRUTINY PROTECTION @ 02/23/2011 at 8:20 pm

@lemonbird:
He was not by any means an alcoholic but he was DRUNK when he
slept with Michelle. I heard this.

He never should have done Brokeback Mountain. The only reason he slept with Michelle was to make sure he had moral support and approval from another female until the movie came to pass.
Michelle Williams was his protection from public scrutiny.
There you go. ok?

Brittany can get over this @ 02/23/2011 at 8:55 pm

@Brittany:
You have no sense of what he felt in his heart Brittany. You are one of those types that believes the surface of things and does not know how to understand what’s underneath. Put yourself in his shoes. Do you honestly believe he wanted someone who can’t open up to people to become the mother of his child? Michelle is nothing like the way he was. Today she is trying to be very personable and social but that is today. She was not like that before. He had the personality that attracted all of the attention and Michelle did not.

Brittany there is nothing to get over. Some of us are tired of hearing
about a relationship was never meant to be.

Perhaps you can get over that.

Thanks.

@Remy: LOL wtf yeah, they “just” had a kid together… ptff what a loser you are

I’m pretty sure Michelle was the one who broke up with Heath, and though he missed her and Matilda very much, he was seeing other women. Maybe Gemma would have been “the one”, who knows?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] Show All