Olivia Wilde & Tao Ruspoli Split

Olivia Wilde & Tao Ruspoli Split

Olivia Wilde and her husband, Italian prince Tao Ruspoli, have separated.

The 26-year-old Cowboys & Aliens actress and Tao, 35, called it quits after eight years of marriage, a rep for the actress confirmed to JustJared.com earlier today.

“They have been living apart after trying for quite some time to make their relationship work,” a source told People.

Olivia and Tao eloped when she was just 18 years old.

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Johnny Depp's Transcendence is expected to earn less than $13 million this weekend- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

sad but that tends to happen when you get married so young. does she get to keep a title?

Called It @ 02/08/2011 at 4:13 pm

I called it! She and Ryan Gosling were all snugged up at the Golden Globes! ha Best of Luck to them both.

@Called It: I was going to make a similar comment. I don’t know her too well, but I follow RG. I don’t think they are dating, but she was flirting up a storm with him big time at the Golden Globes.

Not surprised. You never see him in any of the events she goes to. Now if only she would only hook up with Garrett Hedlund.

18? No wonder they split. She was a baby!

Dang Ryan Gosling. Playa! Just kidding, about apparently she was all his on Golden Globes night. Hmmm….

Tron sequel is in the works. She wants to get more famous. Best way for a starlet is to ditch the husband, go single for a couple of months then date a hot big name actor. She is just following the old hollywood rules. I’m sure he will find a better woman who cares more about their relationship than her career.

British Latin American @ 02/08/2011 at 8:21 pm

I thought she had more dignity.

very typical of actors/actresses that are on their way to becoming “”famous”" – they know that if they’re in a relationship it’ll make them less desirable for a leading role. etc etc..
actors will never grow up!!

Real Black Woman @ 02/08/2011 at 11:15 pm

Now she can finally hook up with co-star Justin Timberlake or Ryan Gosling like the tabloids have been pushing her to do.

I hope she doesn’t turn into a tramp like Sienna Miller or Jessica Simpson.

Really sad to hear. I thought they were beautiful together. Also, if the rumors are true, it’s disappointing. I always thought Olivia was more mature than that.

CrisDizzle @ 02/09/2011 at 2:04 am

Does Olivia still get to keep the title of ‘princess’ if they are getting divorce?

Clairedelune @ 02/09/2011 at 2:34 am

you could see that coming……same old hollywood karma

she probably cheated. she is young.

They looked very cute together. Sad :(

++Logan++ @ 02/09/2011 at 8:39 am

I definitely think they would have had issues in the marriage way before the Golden Globes, that’s probably why she was so flirtatious (perhaps even cheated) with Ryan Gosling. I hope she didn’t, because that’s disrespectful to any partner you’re with.

But then again, “Royal” families think they’re god’s gift to earth and have so many rules and restrictions which was probably too boring and rigid of a life to live for Olivia and she finally needed some freedom.

Royal families mean nothing these days, just a stupid title and given income from the government and tax payers money to feed their lavish lifestyles. I’m glad Olivia can stand on her own to feet and make something of herself instead of sitting around pretentiously and pretending to be an important “Princess”.

Dread not @ 02/09/2011 at 9:50 am

Wilde Woman is single now?! I think I gotta chance!

British Latin American @ 02/09/2011 at 11:19 am

What are you talking about “++Logan++?”

True Confessions @ 02/09/2011 at 11:53 am

“It was Olivia’s decision…for the typical Hollywood reasons,” another source close to Wilde tells Us. “Her career has exploded and she saw being married is not as much fun…. She is a hot property now … it was weighing her down being married.”

Shallow much?

christine @ 02/09/2011 at 4:00 pm

I bet millions of guys out there are happy to hear the news. I think her and that blonde australian on their show “House” would have been a juicy hook up.

christine @ 02/09/2011 at 4:02 pm

I mean a juicy hook up on the SHOW.

You don’t have a clue, have you?
An Italian Prince doesn’t get any money from the government or the tax player. Itlaly is a parliamentary republic and not a parliamentary monarchy like the Netherland, the UK, Spain, Belgium, Sweden or Denmark.
And btw, Germany has no emperor since a few years LOL

christine @ 02/09/2011 at 5:20 pm

# 48 to Logan @ 02/09/2011 at 5:05 pm 0

You don’t have a clue, have you?
And btw, Germany has no emperor since a few years LOL

—————————————————————————-

SUCKS FOR ITALIAN ROYALTY.

I’m sad that shes getting divorced, because she really really loved him, but as any couple they had some complications, and I guess things kind of drifted apart. But on the Plus side, she is single. :D She could have pretty much any guy she wants..and any bisexual/lesbian woman. :P I find her like the definition of beauty. <3

I’m pretty sure she plays an alien in Cowbiys and Aliens, because in this pic she looks like an alien. Look at this huge head….

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All