Ashlee Simpson Files for Divorce

Ashlee Simpson Files for Divorce

Ashlee Simpson has filed for divorce from husband Pete Wentz, JustJared.com can confirm.

The 26-year-old entertainer cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the divorce, according to TMZ and documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court.

Ashlee is asking for joint legal custody and primary physical custody of their 2-year-old son, Bronx.

Sources tell TMZ that Ashlee and Pete, who married in May of 2008, did not have a prenuptial agreement.

UPDATE: “After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our number one priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives,” a spokesperson for Ashlee tells JustJared.com.

Wow!!!! No Words

Wha…? Did not see this one coming! What is going with all the break-ups this week?

I knew it would happen sometime in the future, but no so soon…

What! Guess she does not like his new hairdo. I have a feeling she thinks she can do better….caution Ashlee, you can’t.

Say it isn’t true.
Gosh, truly a huge surprise!

i dont like Pete Wentz,

but this one is definitely a shocker.
i couldve sworn i saw pics of these 2 all lovey dovey w/ Bronx a few weeks ago.

naturegirl @ 02/09/2011 at 12:19 pm

WHAT????? NO!!!!!!!!! rolling my eyes, i am just surprise it went on for two extra years.

Clairedelune @ 02/09/2011 at 12:19 pm

Shocked! Just “speed read” 3 months worth of US Weekly. It’s all the same crap. I thought they were so happy and blablablabla… It’s not like their careers are going so well. Maybe it’s for publicity. Oh well america needs more young divorced & unemployed single parents.

Doesn’t anyone stay together anymore? and it’s so close to valentine’s day! =(

When are you going to learn celebrities? Why don’t celebrities marry ‘NORMAL’ people? Why can’t they just get with regualr person?The problem with most celebrities is they think their the best thing that ever happenend.Ego thing or what ?

Wow….that is kind of a shock.

Androgynous Pat @ 02/09/2011 at 12:21 pm

Attending red carpet events together right up to the end – just like her sister. Does marriage mean anything in Hollywood?

Unless he cheated on her, this really pisses me off. I’m so sick of celebrities cheapening the commitment of marriage. Yeah, marriage gets tough at times but at least try and work it out! It takes actual effort and time…it doesn’t look like these two put that effort in. I mean two years, that’s pathetic.

Wow ! i didn’t see that one coming

Not surprised at all.
It takes a lot to work on a relationship and apparently these people have different standards.

Not a surprise!

Actually, this not exactly shocking news.

Clairedelune @ 02/09/2011 at 12:23 pm

The tacky yellow thunder strike is right on in an oxymoronic way. Like.

LOL Hollywood is so ridiculous! This aint a shock! Only person losing is thier son…poor kid :(

I think it’s Ashlee’s fault, she’s been looking really sickly lately. She may have anorexia or drug addition. That is one messed up family. He seems like a nice normal guy (like Nick Lachey) and he probably can’t take her dysfunctional family anymore.

Clairedelune @ 02/09/2011 at 12:24 pm

@ Chelsea: word.

w o w !! Did not see this one coming. Another celebrity divorce..

Geez. A lot of those yellow lightning bolts on the site this week.

it’s an epidemic! But I can’t say I didn’t see this one coming…

WOW COMPLETE SHOCK ON THIS ONE!!!

I think I’m more upset with her. Why would you EVER give your baby those awful genes if you had an idea that you wouldn’t be with him for life?I thought she was sick in love to sacrifice her child to have that face.

laverdadduele @ 02/09/2011 at 12:35 pm

They got married because she got knocked up. It was bound to happen.

I saw this one coming but not now

That was mistake anyway. SSe oudn’t have gotten married anway. Her career hven’t gotten of the ground yet. Should have stay Single.

I feel like it’s Ashlee’s fault.

These ppl get married for the wrong reasons, e.g. getting knocked up. Not a great foundation for a solid marriage…

I’m sad to hear this, I thought they seemed such a good match.

what??!! sounds like an impulse thing. sleep on it, give it another month or two.

Okay I’m going to sound like a *****, but people need to stop marrying and having kids when they are basically kids themselves. No one should be married and divorced by the age of 26..

OK, this IS hilarious. Why bother getting married in the first place? You just want to be in the spotlight for one day, in that white gown? Ridiculous.

DarkEmpress @ 02/09/2011 at 1:17 pm

This story shocked me. I thought it was fake at first. So much for emo love.

She is 26???? She looks so hardened for that age.

Dang . never expected. I thought they are going to be together happily ever after. I think it fizzled after she got pregnant/had a baby and he wasn’t really in love (possibly just in lust + hot romance only). Plus, they married too young.

AMENSISTER @ 02/09/2011 at 1:23 pm

@Chelsea
RIGHT ON SISTER, TWO YEARS IS PATHETIC

I’m sorry to hear about this. They seemed like they would really go the distance. Hopefully they remain friendly for Bronx’s sake. I wish them the very best.

Not surprised that this one didn’t last.

MangerBouger @ 02/09/2011 at 1:43 pm

Why are they getting married in the first place if they don’t believe in true love and try to make it work … WHY ?!!!!!

Just move in with him/her instead of marrying him/her … it’s such a waste of money and time for some people, especially in stupidwood.

That is so pathetic. Nobody puts real effort into a marriage these days. And age doesn’t have anything to do with it, it’s this Hollywood dream that everything should always be diamonds and roses and passion and the second that fades they walk away. It makes me sick. I was only 20 years old when I got married and my husband was 21. We have been married 12 years this summer and are renewing our wedding vows. We have 3 children, our own home, successful careers. Yes there have been some very, very hard times including financial problems, moving across province, and having a special needs child, as well as many others but we remained committed to each other and the vows we made to each other. Marriage isn’t about how “in love” you feel, it is about working on it and communicating and staying in the trenches with the person you chose as your partner. Love is not a feeling, it’s a decision.

@Chelsea:

I agree with you. The only thing I can see them divorcing over is if there were infidelity involved. People need to make their marriages work. And stop leaving over the small stuff.

In The Know @ 02/09/2011 at 2:03 pm

The magazine spreads ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THE PAST touting how much in love they are and forever this or that …………MAKE HER LOOK LIKE WHAT SHE IS. A REAL IDIOT

if she hadn’t been pregnant they would never have married. no shock there.

I don’t know why they are divorcing. It could be big stuff, or small stuff.

If it is small stuff, it is a disgrace to not work it out.

Not a fan of either but wow. Did NOT see that coming, that sucks :(

Just look after the kid well.

I am not surprised!

I am not surprised!

@Shawna:

Thank you Shawna, you are an inspiration. I have been saying that for years, it is NOT a feeling, it is a choice. If you know you cannot be married through better or worse, do not get married in the first place.

Whatever! They prolly just want press!
They are both hungry Fame W#0res!
How much u wanna bet in a month they will be back on the covers of magazines “Back Together”
Oh wait!!! Doesn’t SHE have a new folk album coming out?!?
Ahhhh! Makes sence!
Pathetic.

so get this!I open the justjared page and theres a bunch of breakups and divorces staring at me from the front page…totally shocked!!!

If this divorce is true,which i believe it’s true…it’s no news for me.They married because she got knocked up,and i doubt they would have been together if she didn’t get knocked up.I saw it coming;when they got engaged,i wrote in a site they wouldn’t last more than two years…
It’s a sign that the next couple to divorce is Nicole Richie and Joel Madden.Both married because she got knocked up twice.These celebrities must remember that marriages after kids or during pregnancies don’t last at all.
Most part of these couples engaged after pregnancies or born kids won’t last…i’m not making this up,it’s a real statistic.

Is anything sacred anymore?

It not just celebrities studies on divorce rate in America say that approximately

• 40% to 50% marriages end up getting divorced! This means that out of every 2 marriages, 1 would break up.

• The number rises to 60% when it comes to second marriages and 73% when it comes to third marriages!!!

• The highest number of divorces occur in men and women aged between 20-25 years!

People inguinal don’t take marriage seriously, get married after only being together for a couple months or don’t want to put in the time to work out the problems. If Ashlee and Pete did try to work thing out after 2 or so years just shows that they got married for the wrong reasons or they really have a lot of problems, my bet is on the first that they only got married because she was pregnant .

Macchiato @ 02/09/2011 at 4:00 pm

lol 90% of hollywood is eather divorcing oder pregnant right now !

no celebrities should get married

christine @ 02/09/2011 at 4:12 pm

WHAT is wrong with Ashlee’s expressions sometimes?? Awkward gal. Anyway, I thougt they were too immature to have a baby together and get married anyway. It’s like LaLa land (Los Angeles) is a place of fairy tale dreams… and people do things on a whim.
I saw this couple around LA and they look like two skinny female midgets!

MEANIEminemooooooooooo @ 02/09/2011 at 4:28 pm

I never saw that one coming…I mean, he IS fugly, gayish and gross but then again, so is she! I thought they were a perfect match…Couple of losers…poor offspring!

Gosh. Them too?
Who from the celebs is able to NOT divorce?

longchamp @ 02/09/2011 at 4:49 pm

not surprised it’s her who’s doing the divorcing. all the metamorphosis recently, as evidenced by the new persona she’s trying to project w/that ‘edgy’* hair… the condescending body language where she’s kissing Wentz… the studied cheek sucking passed off as smiling… all that points to the fact that she’s done having ‘mommy and daddy’ fun, and she’ll go back to the dating carousel for a while, kid be damned.

*note to simpson: your edgy look is long-smoked, dear. ref. Farrow, Mia, and Seberg, Jean

OMG i didnt see this one coming! :O i loved those two together this is sad :(

LOL. No shock there

Wow that was unexpected!

New Post Random Art: Diddy~Dirty Money iHatethatYouloveMe Here: http://bit.ly/i41nW1

I’m really trying hard not to be spiteful but its hard I’m sorry about the marriage breaking up because there’s a kid involve.
But honestly Pete Weintz can only take to much of Ashlee’s Lip singing
on his mike before that damn thing goes lethargic forever on Ashlee’s
sucky vocals. if you know what I mean.
Its not to late though if Ashlee should take some serious voice lesson from our wonderful tenors like Tera Patrick or Jenna Jameson. She could save this marriage. But if her real reason for filing divorce is to try some other type of mikes, Honey that ain’t gonna work because nobody wants an amateur near their mikes.

ck_always @ 02/09/2011 at 6:49 pm

Look on the bright side, at least now they’ll both get laid on Valentine’s Day.

that’s what happens when you get married just because you are pregnant. fail.

cheeseman @ 02/09/2011 at 7:38 pm

ugh who cares

I am CHOCKED !!!!! well well well ! hmmmm :-O !!!

This is sad. They were a cute couple but they did seem to have a few ups and downs. At least one good thing came out of the marriage…their adorable little boy.

If you really think about it, would they have gotten married if she wasn’t pregnant at the time? Most probably, no – They would have dated for a year, and then they both would have moved on.

Too bad because there is a young child, only a baby,involved.
Too bad they could not count their blessings,money,and be grown up,let egos go and be different. Stay married. Be happy. Choose to be happy.

I cannot say I am not surprised.that’s Hollywood for ya’/

Wonder how her family is going to spinthis in her favor and do to pete like they did to NickLachey.

Wait,y ou think this is news, a shocker,wait for this report within the next 3 years.

With sorrow and after careful consideration, Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson have agreed to amically divorce. They are freinds and will remain so as they both are committed loving parents to their daughter, Hope Anne Johnson ,2yrs old., and her well-being and happiness. Please respect the family’s privacy during this time of transition.

You know it is coming,LOL!!!

I hope Pete fights for custody…I do not trust the Simpsons! Put this in your browser bar:

Jessica Simpson Payola

or this

Jessica Simpson sued for 10 millon dollars

or this

Jessica Simpson Bam Margera

Whaaaat?? He just wrote something about her on his twitter like.. 2 days ago?

OMG! I’m really shocked about this. I’ve met them BOTH in person at a Cobra Starship concert….they were so into each other. That sux they have a child…oh well…who’s next?!

This is seriously CRAZY.
I’m in complete shock.

WOW, not shocking . They got marry because she was pregnant. Now she is just like her big sis Jessica divorce. At least Jess save herself for marriage unlike Ashlee.

Pete has no money and hasn’ t toured in years. She doesn’t want to end up like her sister did, with a deadbeat husband. SHe is also high maintenance.

i think im in a minority here when i say i could see this one coming. when they were in sydney a coupe yrs ago aloooooot of people heard them fighting (which i guess is natural in a marriage) but it deff’ wasn’t the first time they had a public fight. anyway, as long as little bronx is ok that’s all that should matter to them right now!

I do not feel sorry for non of them, but their son. If you’re not gonna stay married why get married in the first place? I’ve never been married in fact, I am a young teenager who’s parents aren’t happy as of now, but they’re trying to make it work. If you do not see youself with that person for a long amount of time and if you don’t see yourself with the person for better or worse in sickness and in health, then what’s the point. They’re wasting their money on a wedding that probably wasn’t thought of out of genuine love, they wasted each others time because they each could’ve found someone who loved them unconditionally and they’re hurting their son who has no choice, but to deal with the outcome.
Also that statement sounds so typical and reused over and over again it’s getting sickening.

Clairedelune @ 02/09/2011 at 11:34 pm

Zeitgeist moment tnx to JJ (another oxymoron). America is doomed as this D-list divorce just shows us again that we just a selfish, self-absorbed nation that consumed most of the world’s resources and cares for nobody else but ourselves. There is no speak of sacrifice and compromise and patience and tolerance when these celebrities go into a marriage. it is just for a big US Weekly spread. Notoriety and NGN (no good news) always harvest more “clicks & read” than wholesome good news…what is wrong with all of us??? The only cute pictures are the ones of Chris Pine this week on JJ…CP should run for president one day (haha, going too far here….pardon.) Bronx seems to be a good boy…all children were born as gifts from God…I truly feel sorry for him..only 2 years old. I truly feel sick of these selfish, self-absorbed, self-promoting losers.

HTTP://SUNSHINESCLOSET.COM

End of 2010-bbeginning of 2011: The new trend is either getting pregnant (which is wonderful of course) or getting a divorce (for irreconciable differences)…. Is it only me or there are many of these???
On another note, well it’s sad!

all these ppl splitting up either
1. got into the relationship for sex and don’t like each other.
or
2. have no imagination to create sexual fantasies.

Jokergurl @ 02/10/2011 at 1:22 am

I’m not really shocked by this, it’s sad but neither one of these two seemed really mature enough for marriage. I feel sorry for their child.

Why are all these celebrities spliting & divorcing in the same week????? And right before Valentine’s Day on top of that. What I can’t stand is why do majority of these celebs play around with marriage like it’s a toy???? And the worst part of it is when there are kids involved. What’s the point of wasting each other’s time if you’re not going to stay committed??? Just stay single!

Moira leans back @ 02/10/2011 at 3:38 am

Ashlee cut her hair and he thought he was ******** another guy. He just decided to get out and actually go back to his men. He’s a fruity.

peteswhore @ 02/10/2011 at 4:47 am

fug assley should sue whomever did her
chin and various other face
implants.
gak!

SHOCKK! I can’t believe!!!!

WOW! I have to say I did not see this one coming. But I must admit, they’re handling it so far with respect for each other and for their son. I don’t know the reasons, obviously, but it’s really sad. I thought they were such a strong couple. I was thinking about them recently. What a lovely tweet from Pete recently, saying what a great mother Ashlee is. Keep it respectful, but I’m sure they will!!

These people are so selfish. Have a baby because it’s the cool thing to do and then split up.

WTF!. I just saw them on the “Dog Whisperer”. Maybe THAT opened up some doors best left closed.

she prolly freaked out when she saw his new hairdo…