Lady Gaga: Grammys 2011 'Born This Way' Performance!

Lady Gaga: Grammys 2011 'Born This Way' Performance!

Lady Gaga belts out her latest song, “Born This Way,” at the 2011 Grammy Awards held at the Staples Center on Sunday (February 13) in Los Angeles.

Earlier in the evening, the 24-year-old singer made her way down the red carpet in a giant egg!

Gaga then broke out of the egg on stage and was “born this way.”

In addition to Best Short Form Music Video, Gaga picked up the award for best Pop Vocal Album for Fame Monster!

“Thank you so much from the bottom of her heart,” she said during her acceptance speech, specifically naming her fans, her sister, her parents, and her longtime managers Troy Carter and Vincent Hebert.

WHAT DID YOU THINK of Lady Gaga’s Grammy performance?

Lady Gaga Performs “Born This Way” at the 2011 Grammy Awards

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

that was so disappointing

A fake popstar if you ask me where is her own style ,Madonna, grace jones and Britney all called they say stop copying…B itch stop

Video doesn’t work.
Just like her outfit and career.
Does not work.

Fantastic performance.

Minimal gimmicks, massive talent.

Only Beyonce can rival her in the performance skills now.

Who the hell said you can’t sing and dance well at the same time? It’s called talent. Try it some time.

Put your paws up baby, if you’re an idiot.

anonymous @ 02/13/2011 at 9:35 pm

Gaga was terrible! Xtina schooled her big time!!!

Aguilera got a standing ovation and Gaga did not.

Gaga was sooo boring!

Horrible !!!

@J:
Irony. She’s a gimmick.

Forget that?! Did you hear that she thought of Whitney Houston when she wrote this song? LMFAO Jared please post her speech! It was hilarious.

I love gaga! but the performance wasn’t gaga-eish! ? too simple!

@ jd I saw that! I bet everyone in the audience was like WTF? Now if she had said TLC then maybe it would’ve been less noticeable, but Whitney? lol She must be trying to do damage control or something.

WHY SO MUCH HATE ON HER?
ALL I SEE IS HATE!
AND STILL SHES BREAKING RECORDS ALL OVER THE WORLD!
I REALLY DONT GET YOU PEOPLE!
THE WHO BUYS ALL THOSE SONGS AND ALBUMS?
I GUESS EVERYONE IS A HYPOCRITE

AND LOVES HATING ON HER!

Xtina so over…

Go Ask Alice @ 02/13/2011 at 9:57 pm

Theatrically, I liked it.
I am an oldie, so I saw Alice Cooper,Grace Jones, David Bowie.
Lots of Gag and others are a lil borrowed. Madonna was before Gaga and Gaga really sounds a bit like Madonna.

Gaga rocks @ 02/13/2011 at 10:00 pm

She is amazing. Young and talented. More talent than most other singers today and an amazing voice!!

Gaga rocks @ 02/13/2011 at 10:01 pm

she rocks!!

In the picture, I think I spot the two backup dancers from Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” video.

She is so possesed by the devil.

daryl hunt @ 02/13/2011 at 10:13 pm

asif use are slagging gaga off use are all jelous she is a mint singer and performer the best of my generation whoooooop gagas number1 in uk yeyy

SHES SO FAKE, SHE COPIES OTHER CELEBS A LOT

SHE IS SOOOOOOOOO UGLYYY

LOOKS LIKE A WITCH

Awful. Mediocre. Un-Entertaining. Un-Original. Bad Song. Stupid choreography.

BAD SONG

SHES SOOOOO UNORIGINAL

SOOOOOOO UGLY LIKE A WITCH!!

SHE SUCKS!

BAD SONG

SHES SOOOOO UNORIGINAL

SOOOOOOO UGLY LIKE A WITCH!!

SHE SUCKS!

daryl hunt @ 02/13/2011 at 10:18 pm

@Um, no.: career doesnt work lol were u like shes doing 100x better than u ever could i smell jelousey

WHY THE HELL SHEE KEEPS COPYNG MADONNA????

IM TIRED OF HER

SO UGLY TOO

orangeflipflopchic @ 02/13/2011 at 10:24 pm

what a Madonna wanna be

SHES IN DRUGS, AND KEEPS THINKING ON MADONNA

I AGREE, SHES UGLY LIKE A WITCH

SHE BORN THAT WAY

SO BORING, FEEL LIKE IM WATCHING AN UGLY MADONNA

SO UNORIGINAL

SO BORING, FEEL LIKE IM WATCHING AN UGLY MADONNA

SO UNORIGINAL

Christina wasnt THAT good. you cant compare her to gaga simply because she wasn’t singing her OWN SONG. im pretty sure if she sang one of her singles recently, u wouldve said it was ****.

WOW!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!! She gives me the shivers when I watch her! She’s so passionate about her music, dance, and fans! LOVE IT! Not a sell out **** like Rihanna…

I thought the performance was amazing. I really liked the single but after seeing her perform it — i love it. Not sure what is up with all of the people hating on her… and even to go as far as to say she copied Britney Spears — yes @oheneba1 I am talking to you — please back up the you mentioned. Oh, I forgot, you just babbled some bull**** and can’t. Anyway, this is why I never read comments to articles on websites like this, my IQ just drops and the bitterness of others lives rubs off on me a bit. Gross.

Lady Gaga’s performance was fantastic. Thanks for performing on the show for all of us!

SHE’S SO UGLY AND SHES A MADONNA RIP OFF!!! please get ur own style!!

You know, it’s so sad today that people hate this song an gaga because she’s different. Because she doesn’t fit into your normal God loving life. The song is about different people. How no one’s the same and no one can help who they are…because they where born this way. She’s an amazing singer an song writter. I thought she did an amazing job. Just saying if the only reason Aguilera got a standing ovation it’s cause she screwed that song up worst than her life.

–Gaga all the way baby!

Man voice, Dances like a zombie, Witch look… Todays grammy sucks

well according to my friend who is at the grammy’s right now, the aretha tribute was a standout and xtina was amazing even tho she fell, poor dear. lol and she also said that gaga rocked it , but it wasn’t anything memorable and that at one point someone was singing madonna’s express yourself. lol also she thinks the performance was lip synched. but when gaga won her award and thanked whitney, everyone did do a wtf? she all but admitted that she copied madonna in everyway that counts and tries to do damage control and thank whitney. so funny. bruno got a stand ovation, justin and usher was blah even tho she loves usher, katy perry is $hit live, rihanna wasn’t terrible but wasn’t that great either and dre, em, and that new girl were amazing.

Lady Gaga is a massive fraud. She rips all her ideas from other much more talented artists. Her new song Born This Way is sooooo ****, it’s like a cheap Madonna knock off, & that whole egg/Grammys 2011 thing, please bjork did it so much better at the Oscars.lol. I’m So Over Lady Blah Blah, I.m Looking foward to what Madonna’s(The Real Queen Of Pop) next album sounds like.

I expected more! I’m srsly dissapointed.

LOVED IT! FULL OF TALENT AND SHOWMANSHIP. IF SHE RESEMBLES ANYONE BEFORE HER ITS A COMPLIMENT TO THEM. WE ARE AT THIS POINT BECAUSE OF ALL THAT HAS PRECEDED US. ****, I EVEN SEE LIBERACE IN THIS PROFORMANCE.

OMG I’d be so embarrassed if I were her..such an obvious Madonnawannabe..even down to the pony tail..but then again, Madonna ripped off all the 80′s bands and the Gay Vogue Street vibe..

I love her voice but this song is such a Madonna rip-off. I wonder if she really has real talent. Maybe she is just a good mimick?

this isnt original not what i expected.

I thought she was going to bring it with the whole egg thing and it turned out to be a useless prop. It was disappointing.

There’s no show without Princess Britney :(

@J: @J:

I don’t know whats worse.. that you think LG is good or that Beyonce is better. Beyonce has not been good since DC.

Bad tune, period! But I don’t hate Gaga.

yeah, said the lines @ 02/13/2011 at 11:22 pm

but lol haters gonna hate.

winning a Grammy is an achievement.
Since unlike any other awarding show, Grammy isn’t about fame, it is about how eligible and relevant an artist is and not recording labels products.
see how much Bieber fail? Or how Britney gotta wait until Toxic before she could get a hand on the gramaphone? Or how they always winning the underrated from Steely Dan to Norah Jones?

and Gaga won twice *****, TWICE since her debut The Fame.

Gaga doesnt to dress pretty nor sensous to sell CDs. she is her own trends. go on keep saying she ripping off this guy and that *****.
she is already open that she is having many influences on her. so your argument is irrelevant. :)

I’m not a fan of this new song.
Lady GaGa needs to step up, i was expecting so much better from her.

She is so amazing, wtf the comments!!! WHERE IS THE FAKE?! , she isn’t fake, britney and madonna are way different.

i saw comments… without sense.

@ERIC: some of her record breaking has to due with the fact that her monsters are buying multiple records. My niece bought 10 because all the others are saying buy as many as you can. Pathetic cant wait til these grow up a lil and are over her

this reminds me so much of Madonna twenty years ago .
Don’t go for second best baby
Put your love to the test

express yourself (OR AT LEAST BE ORIGINAL)

I used to love gaga, but I don’t know, I think the fame has gone to her head and everything. Don’t like the song, definitely not as catchy as her other ones. As for her performance and what she wears, well what the HELL was everyone expecting her to walk down the red carpet in jeans and a shirt? or maybe even a DRESS?! YO SHES LADY GAGA , you guys haven’t figured it out yet, she’ll keep shoving it down your throats till you do.
Also, she used to be way hotter in her 2008-2009 just dance days. I miss the old original GAGA. thumbs up if you agree.

THIS PERFORMANCE WAS AMAZING GAGA YOU NEVER FAIL TO SURPRISE ME SINGING AND DANCING AT THE SAME TIME IS HARD SHE DID IT LIKE IT WAS NO PROBLEM

sugar and spice @ 02/13/2011 at 11:33 pm

<3 gaga music she is so different from everyone else

Lady GaGa Rules I don’t know what these other people were watching but the ONLY performance of the Grammys’ that inspired me was Lady GaGa’s I was born this way I am in my forties and sick with bronchitis and I was out of my chair and dancing truly inspiring and fresh performance

yeah, said the line again @ 02/13/2011 at 11:35 pm

plus Gaga have also twice, TWICE performing on the Grammy stage. And only best singer that NEVER DOING LIPSYNC that ever performed up there. Have Britney? Nah! That’s why she never performed there.
How dare you to say Gaga is less better than Britney, so hysterical.
Gaga wrote some song for Britney you know? Hah!

Love Da GAGA @ 02/13/2011 at 11:35 pm

It’s funny that people make fun of GAGA but that’s what these songs are about we don’t care, She does not care “WE WERE BORN THIS WAY” These songs even Pink and Katie they sing because people are ugly inside and only like to critisize because it makes yourself feel good meanwhile you’re hurting inside. Half the haters who are men are in the closet maybe like to dress like a woman, and the Girls are freaks and feel fat and have crappy reputations. We are human God still loves ya!

yeah, said the line again @ 02/13/2011 at 11:35 pm

How dare you to say Gaga is less better than Britney, so hysterical.
Gaga wrote some song for Britney you know? Hah!

Why is she dressed like the girl from Die Antwoord?

@Jordy:

Go back to your job at McDonald’s and Kmart haters and stop hating on Gaga…the woman is beyond talented.

@dfbd:

gaga could have gone all out! all she did was come out an egg and play with her ponytail. wtf lady gaga

i think that it was completely original. she chose not to do her normal over the top performance because she wanted her songs message to shine. i honestly wasnt a huge fan on the song when i heard it friday but after seeing her performance tonight i think it is great. It may not be like bad romance but it is truly GAGA

GET WITH THE TIMES PPL! MADONNA ETC HAV HAD THEIR TIME! GAGA IS THE FUTURE AND HER CAREER IS GOING UP AND UP AND OF COURSE WILL ONE DAY CALM DOWN LIKE MADONNAS ETC BUT FOR NOW SHE IS THE QUEEN!!!!!

common sense. @ 02/13/2011 at 11:47 pm

BLOND AMBITION PONYTAIL.

BORN THIS WAY IS AN EXPRESS YOURSELF REHASH, AND NOW THIS?

GAGA, ENOUGH ALREADY. CHANGE YOUR NAME TO MADONNA 2.0 AND BE DONE WITH IT.

1. she was lipsynching, except for the talking parts
2. choreography was bad
3. boring as hell, her past performances were better
4. the egg thing at the red carpet. come on respect other artists and walk ***** u aint queen. it just yells out fame *****
5. the piano part was quite cool though
6. congrats to lady Antebellum
- oh and total rip off of madonna! the song the hair. funny that during grammys express yourself was trending world wide on twitter. haha guess ppl are realising the similarities, madonna should have done the whole kanye west thing, but she wasnt at the grammys too bad

@Jon: hahaha funny you talked about your IQ dropping. hell yea. your grammar is really bad. gaga and perez can suck each others ****

LesbroHeather @ 02/13/2011 at 11:54 pm

terrible.. I’m so let down- she needs to at least stay on the same level she has been, if not better- her fans expect at LEAST what she has done thus far… this tonight, and the song itself was so sad… its terrible- I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t murder her career

LesbroHeather @ 02/13/2011 at 11:55 pm

@LesbroHeather:

and I appriciate her writing a song inspired by the LGBT community- but christ, can we get more than 10 mins for a song?! (they say she wrote it in ten mins…. and you can tell)

guys, let’s all chill. lady gaga basically said that we were were all wrong and that whitney houston was the inspiration of this song and that she pictured only her singing it. Bwahahaha! did anyone really believe that bc i sure as hell didn’t. no way in hell would whitney sing that song…not her style. that was a good one gaga. lol

@oheneba1:
oh Yeah at least she actually sings at concerts unlike those fake people you just mentioned

Everyones music today all sound the effing same anyways. So really no one is really “original”. People can talk all the crap they want but Lady Gaga is still a hit! If you don’t like her music carry on and quit complaining! :D

common sense. @ 02/13/2011 at 11:58 pm

omg that was effin hilarious, madonna doing kanye.

can u imagine if she did do that? THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER!!!! SHE TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE!!!

but seriously — that performance, at best, was mediocre. she was awkward in her dancing, and as stated earlier, the ponytail thing has been done alrady. superbly. by MADONNA.
bottom line: lame performance, gaga. lame. you let down all us little monsters.

@yeah, said the line again:
first of all gaga wrote one song for britney, only one song
second of all britney has performed at the grammys at the start of her career, she chooses not to now
thirdly gaga was lipsynching during her performance, the only one that was live was when she was talking “dont be a drag etc”
her dancing was pretty bad and it was easy steps. it wasnt one of those hard core dancing
SHE’S COPYING MADONNA

@anonymous:
Are you kidding xtina sucks and all she does is annoying ohhhhh yeah **** at least gaga sings live you want to talk about a fake pop star mention stupid xtina

Paraflowers @ 02/14/2011 at 12:02 am

OKAY ALL YOU “OLD” GAYS NEED TO CHECK YOUR SELF!! HER PERFORMANCE RROOCCKKEEDD!! i’M SORRY THAT YOU CAN’T KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES! MADONNA HAD HER RUN (HELL EVEN SHE IS TRYING TO PREFORM WITH GAGA) YOU ALL SHOULD LET IT GO AND GET ON BOARD CAUSE BABY YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY!!

Ok people who are saying she’s a Madonna wannabe is seriously retarted. Madonna sucks Lady Gaga is way better. And at least she actually sings at concerts I mean all the fake pop stars you are mentioning xtina and Madonna don’t even sing at their own damn concerts talk about fake.

Loved it, its a new GaGa and im loving all of her. I loved the gospel vibe she had going with the outfit and the organ. Its a beautifully written song, a beautiful voice, and a beautiful performance. Songs like this change the world.

@Nikky m:
Like poop. she has no more money to buy her songs (:

common sense. @ 02/14/2011 at 12:11 am

one last thing-

THIS WAS GAGA AT HER BEST LIVE TELEVISION PERFORMANCE:

BRING BACK THE GOODS, MOTHER MONSTER!!!!! NO MORE OF THIS BORING DULL UNINSPIRED STUFF!

i dont care what people think or say and im pretty sure she doesnt either :] Great performance. you dont get her. You haters are just jealous she ruling you and the world and messing your head up that you have to hate. Overall she wins just deal with it go listen to britney and floptina. :] bye

Cesar Andalon @ 02/14/2011 at 12:20 am

I see that everyone is quiet obviously expecting your usual Gaga who will do odd things, and dress wierd.
BUT!!!!!!!!
SHE WENT A LITTLE MORE SIMPLE TO PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT SHE IS NOT JUST A MEDIA ENTERTAINER
THE GIRL HAS AMAZING TALENT
SHE CAN SING AMAZINGLY LIVE
SHE CAN DANCE
SHE IS A GREAT SONG WRITTER
SHE IS A MUSICIAN WHO CAN PLAY
show me all those pop stars who can do what Momma Monster can do
Born this way is not a Madonna rip off
Madonna’s song is about relationships and hetrosexual
Born This Way is not!!! ITS THE A GAY ANTHEM!
Standing for the gays, bisexuals, lesbians, transgenders.. etc!
HATE GAGA ALL YOU WANT,
SHE AINT LEAVING BABY!!!!

I am not a fan of her at all, mostly because I dislike her personality and gimmicks so much that I can’t bear to listen to a full song, but with all the hype around her amazing new song and this arriving inside of an egg crap I expected a lot more. This was just a pop performance. It was also one of the least entertaining and most boring moments of the show.

yeah, said the line again @ 02/14/2011 at 12:21 am

yeah get over it people, time changes, even Madonna inspired by some other artist that too old for you to know.
And britney NEVER did performing at Grammy all of her career ever. Check the list if you don’t believe me, from 1999 and up. Don’t be a fool by denying facts just because you’re a stan!
Plus Xtina got standing ovationbecause she brought up a song from a legendary diva well, not because of herself, she’s been getting downhill since Bionic, just admit it. And getting old too, she’s forgetting her own country’s national anthem. How embarassing.

Dan Bailey @ 02/14/2011 at 12:27 am

Totally rocks, wtf to all those that say it sounds like Madonna, where???? As for less theatrics, I enjoyed the fact that I could watch listen to her without all the distractions of too much going on! She is moving in a new direction from her earlier stuff, I, for one, will be heading out and buying the cd when it comes out! Rock on Lady Gaga! A newly converted “little monster!”

Just copy Madonna…pathetic.
Shame on you Grammy’s
BOOOO boring.
Been there done it, 1990, Madonna, Blonde Ambition Tour

Cesar Andalon @ 02/14/2011 at 12:48 am

@G: songs like we are the world. Maybe all the people hating on Gaga will for ONCE listen to the song, read the lyrics, and feel ashamed. God made her this way to open our eyes to all the bullied and teased humans in the world!!!
Lets learn to accept people!!!!!

She’s in great shape!

say what you will, but gaga has immense talent. awesome singer, dancer, writes all of her own songs, comes up with all of her outfits/performances/everything she does by herself. she’s worked so much harder to get where she is than half of the people in the industry nowadays.

wild and chaotic performance!

“A girl’s got to use what she’s given and I’m not going to make a guy drool the way a Britney video does. So I take it to extremes. I don’t say I dress sexily on stage – what I do is so extreme. It’s meant to make guys think: ‘I don’t know if this is sexy or just weird.”
— Lady Gaga

“I used to walk down the street like I was a star. I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be – and then to fight so hard for it that the lie becomes the truth.”
— Lady Gaga

orchadeye @ 02/14/2011 at 1:10 am

totally reminds me of express yourself from madonna

Is it just me, but did this song sound a bit like Madonna’s Express Yourself at some points? I mean, not lyrically, but the beat and rhythm?

I could be wrong, and I’m not hating on Gaga, I like some of her stuff, but…….I personally think I heard the Madonna beat to it.

Cesar Andalon @ 02/14/2011 at 1:15 am

Okay this whole reminds me of express yourself has got to stop.
Different meanings in the song! Wayyyyyy different is everyone so critical that they look for ways for this exceptional woman to fail?

ICYNDICEY @ 02/14/2011 at 1:20 am

@Jason:
LMFAO!!! How do you really feel?

“Prejudice is a disease. And when they come for you, or refuse your worth, I will be ready for their stones. I belong to you. GAGAKLEIN.”
— Lady Gaga

ICYNDICEY @ 02/14/2011 at 1:33 am

@Paraflowers:
Honey I ain’t an “old” gay and I can see in plain sight, because I’m not brainwashed like you, that this horsey face is nothing but a Madonna retread and a very, very UGLY one at that.

Let’s have some fun this song is s-h-i-t let’s beat Lady G with an ugly stick!

Honestly, all I can say is that I loved it! No matter what she does, more or less than her usual, she is an amazing entertainer with a lovely voice. The song was brilliant, especially the message, and the choreography was flawless.

To those who are comparing her to Madonna, although I see and hear many similarities, know that Madonna is Gaga’s inspiration – hence why Gaga may put off as very Madonna-esque. Lady Gaga is the Madonna of this generation, bringing us similar music and messages the legendary Madonna brought to many in the 80s. Do you think many teens listen to Madonna today? Doubt it. Lady Gaga is what’s in.

Also, to the people who are criticizing her ability to sing and dance: Your comments have no value! Lady Gaga is an international star and you’re probably just some old geezer struggling to make a living for yourself. Why don’t you reach the fame at which Gaga stands at and then come back to criticize her, otherwise keep your negative comments to yourself because quite frankly, you crying over the internet isn’t going to break her down.

Thank you. <3

Utterly and magnificently awesome she stole the show in her unique intelligent gracious glory – a tribute from the womb!

Anonymous @ 02/14/2011 at 2:00 am

@anonymous:
At least Gaga didn’t fall at the Grammy’s like xtina did. I mean, it’s kind of sad if your type of talent is standing in one spot and falling, instead of dancing and not falling. But hey, you prefer what you prefer. I’m just sayin’..

Gaga is so boring, untalented, attention seeking and unoriginal. She’s ugly on top of everything, too.

She was lip synching. I’ve seen other performances where she gets out of breath trying to dance and sing at the same time. She sounded bad last year at the Grammys when she tried to dance and sing. Her voice is mediocre anyway, and she’s a terrible dancer.

This song was best the first time – aka Express Yourself

yeah, said the line again @ 02/14/2011 at 2:48 am

it’s so funny some of you guys and girls easily calling other people as ugly while you might not as attractive as the fantasy you like to live up about online. So you don’t have the audacity to calling names on people that way. Besides, beautiful or not is on the eyes of the beholder. If an artist just selling music because of sex appeal, well i will be sad for them, cos they will do anything to keep themselves attractive even if that will risk their life.

But Gaga just not that. She’s more than that, she never promote botox, boobs job, fat suction or any other scary thing like that.
Instead she embrace every single peoples the way they are.

She have a big personality that any of you haters cant top cos all you do just trying to find mistakes of everyone and talk about it behind their back.

But keep on hating, it will be the fuel for Gaga and her Little monsters.
At the end of the day, we keeps getting better, standing though, poppin’ our collar and make all of you haters get even madder because that’s all you did through and through. Hating on peoples.

We ain’t going nowhere, because we were born this way, we’re on the right track, baby, we were born to survive!

LITTLE MONSTER @ 02/14/2011 at 3:02 am

@JACOB:

shes very original, she just coincidently made a song that hardly sounds like express yourself! and everyone has to stop comparing her to people she can’t be compared to all those people at one go, she obviously has a bit of everyone in her which makes her original, the performance was really good! but average for gaga, but then again gaga is amazing so average is really good compared to other singers. :P

LITTLE MONSTER @ 02/14/2011 at 3:02 am

@JACOB:

Hey that sounds like madonna!

her performance was not the best yes
but I liked that she wanted to keep focus
on the words and meaning of the song.
I love her.

Lady GAGA is one of the best artists of our time and although she uses throw backs to her predecessors, she is 100% original.

Britney Spears is a joke to the music world everywhere, and YES I DO HOLD the ridiculous plethora of female pop acts against her.

GAGA HAS TALENT! and more than any one of you haters will ever be able to conjure up. She is an artist with a vision for music and performance that is quite frankly unmatched, and unrivaled.

Either way, she’s a world wide superstar and her music is a force to be reckoned with. Too bad for all you haters because GAGA and her sea of Little Monsters are here to survive, thrive, and take over the world; one song, egg, and latex outfit at a time.

P.S.: Don’t be a drag.

Jumped from an egg is not enough when you try to sell tacky cra*. It was bad. Showgirls meets Madonnas Blond Ambition Tour. Next.

MIMING!!!!!! she is pathetic like her outfit

wait…so you mean to tell me that madonna and britney all have showed up on the red carpet in an egg before? gaga copied them there?

oh, and she sings live…so i totally understand how the britney fans think she’s copying there…but oh wait, isnt britney mainly famous for her horrendous lipsyncing capability? okay…oh, and britney’s new song…should I even go into how horrible that was?

and madonna…i really thought her haters were over it…GAGA is staying. get over yourselves. Madonna was a godess in the 80s. welcome to 2011…get over your era and let the progression continue. so just because madonna rocked a cone-bra and a did a ponytail suddenly anything lady gaga wears is copying her. and madonna isnt even relevant anymore! she’s a face. a face to a name who shows up on the red carpet or on a tabloid every now and again just so the world knows she hasnt died yet.

LEAVE GAGA ALONE!
(i will say that i disliked the wardrobe, but i respected that they all were wearing something androgynous to just go with the song)

And the song is actually a great song filled with actual meaningful lyrics. Let’s compare shall we…
Britney: “You feel like paradise and I need a vacation tonight.”
Lady GaGa: “Rejoyce and love yourself today cause baby you were born this way”
Madonna: “Express yourself (you’ve gotta make him) Express himself (hey, hey, hey)”
…of the three, whos lyrics sound more inspiring? OH RIGHT. That’d be Lady G.

GAGA FOREVER BIZNATCH! LIL MONSTERS UNITE!

Btw…who’s gonna tell Madonna that she ripped off Marilyn Monroe’s look for like an entire decade?! Oh, okay. Please sit down Madonna fans, your frail and elderly backs might give out from overexertion. Accept the fact: your idol’s career is dead while mine is thriving. Ain’t that a b*tch?! :) :)

rock n roll queen @ 02/14/2011 at 6:06 am

at first listen i didnt drool over the tune like poker face dance in the dark etc but i became addicted to it after a few listens. i always found the lyrics wonderful even when i read them without listening to the song first. it has a great optimistic meaning which is what u need at difficult times.the performance was amazing,especially the piano part.

Hello_Stranger @ 02/14/2011 at 6:22 am

Hi Madonna

All who still think that she’s so oryginal are just delusional. Wow it was blast from Madonnas past.

Nice!! Some people does not appreciate art=)

I think she is awsome….I am 11 and I don’t know Madonna but maybe she is the madonna of my generation. I love her!
KEEP ROCKING LADY GAGA!

that sucked ass.

She is trying sooooo hard…she’s a not very intelligent ****-licker.

Not only do I hear Madonna’s Express Yourself but she also sounds like TLC in Waterfalls… I thought GaGa wanted to be a big original shocker. Now she is just a copycat shocker.

omg..she lip sync..except when she say dont be a drag juz be a queen…nice try *****

i thought she was great. a true star quality performance and she wrote it so that’s even better!!

Express yourself remix right? She is FAKE

she was totally lip-synching. she is so full of herself.
she gave an interview when she first got famous and stated that she only believed that singing live in every performance was authentic and bashed others that didnt.
what a hypocrite. did she think we wouldnt notice? it was pretty obvious.
and her friendship with perez is only gonna make folks turn on her more cuz he is pure garbage.

hmmm…looks familiar. copycat.
gaga is a rip-off artist.

its called “Egg-spress Yourself”.

what a way to arrive. in an egg. so you can avoid interviews on the red carpet asking why you are such a total rip-off.

kathyervin @ 02/14/2011 at 9:39 am

As always she put it out there,shes one of the best.When she first came out her voice sounded like madonna so the hell what…………Dont knock a great artist.she dont mimic anyone,Grow up better yet GO BACK TO SLEEP.columbus,ohio

MADONNA’S SONG MADONNA’S PONYTAIL MADONNA STYLE PERFORMANCE OF EXPRESS YOURSELF BLONDE AMBITION TOUR THEN SHE ADDED THE GROUPS SPINAL TAP COMING OUT OF PODS. NOTHING IS EVER ORIGINAL SHE TOOK A GREAT MUSIC HISTORY CLASS IN COLLEGE

B O R I N G @ 02/14/2011 at 10:00 am

honestly if it wasn’t for her ignorant brainwashed fans and perez hilton i might slightly like her stuff. her music from the fame monster wasn’t that bad, but they all think that the sun shines out of her ass and that she’s so epically amazing and original. & the blantant copy of Madonna last night and how she tried to thank Whitney was PATHETIC and a WTF moment it made me dislike HER. Sorry “little monsters” but there were very amazing artists before lady gaga’s time that ARE still relevant and did what gaga did years ago. Just face it. She’s not original. HERE OUTFITS ARE JUST COUTURE if you paid any attention to fashion and the runway before the ***** was famous you’d know that designers designed stuff like what she wears waaaaaay before her & they were used to dramatically showcase trends in high end fashion magazines. Gaga just wears COUTURE. Nothing special or shocking about that at all. lady gaga can’t sing as well as christina aguilera. FACT. she can sing but not like xtina can. Lady Gaga self proclaimed she was the voice of her generation, xtina never self proclaimed that PEOPLE & LEDGENDS SAID IT! so there for she owns it. She tripped over dress big deal lmao at least she laughed at herself after it happened. Lady Gaga can’t dance as well as britney spears. FACT. even though she fell of and went crazy Britney can still out dance gaga at her shittious of **** low. Madonna does it better. PLAIN & SIMPLE. i’m only 19 so i wasn’t lave in the 80′s and I STILL RECOGNIZE THAT FACT. Little Monsters should be ashamed of themselves for being so stupid. Aren’t we supposedly all born this way? As your worshiper has said? That means Britney, Xtina & Mandonna an all the legends that Gaga ripps off were born that way. Her message about the outcasts not fitting in is apparently so liberatingto you all yet you try desperately to tear apart her competitors online? Ironic.

BRT/TINA forever !

Oh BTW. even jessica simpson has a better voice and more stage presence then this chick. GAGA JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY HONIES and is a self proclaimed FAME ***** only on 60 minutes she titles it “masterly the art of fame” oh wow pure genius you know who else has done that? Kim Kardashian.

@Jerry: SPINAL TAP DID THE POD THING AND IT WAS JUST LIKE MADONNA BLONDE AMBITION TOUR VERSION OF EXPRESS YOURSELF. AND M’S PONYTAIL. SHE WAS BORN FAKE

Soo all yall are hatein… I THOUGHT SHE WAS AMAZEING!!!! how many of you would think of ariveing in an carried EGG then Hatch it for your SONG.. I KNOW!!1 NONE of u becouse yall can talk crap but when it comes down to it your the no one becouse what are u doing with your life bisides talking crap about the way people portray them selfs????????
LOVED BORN THIS WAY!!!!!!!
pluss its a good song for people and there diffferences and that you should be proud of who you are and what u do SO many people try to be something there now or try to be like some one WhY WhY cant you just “B YOUR SELF?”"”"”

B O R I N G @ 02/14/2011 at 10:09 am

also whoever said xtina has never really watched xtina perform or seen a concert. xinta has always been better on tour in my opinion then doing shows like this and SHE NEVER LIP SYNCS! she even has some performances in the ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME. so until gaga is on that level shut the f*ck up. More people hate her new single then love it and it’s only #1 because little monsters buy like 20 copies of her **** per person .

@Paraflowers: MADONNA IS NOT TRYING TO PERFORM WITH LADY XEROX. WHERE DID YOU READ THAT ON THAT PERZ SITE. HE REPORTS HIS OPINION NOT THE TRUTH MOST OF THE TIME . MADONNA NEVER SAID THAT

EXPRESS YOURSELF + VOGUE REMIX…. but NOT sexy

EXPRESS YOURSELF + VOGUE remix….but NOT sexy

I liked this song the first time when it was called Express Yourself by Madonna. Still a good tune, for Gaga to borrow.

Mmm i was waiting for something more… freak? i don’t now.. xD that was kinda normal, i wanna see the crazy gaga xD But the song is cool..

The song is CRA!P

Speaking of manufactured! So much talk for some wigs and gay dance moves. That’s all she is

A COPLETE COPY OF MADONNA’S “EXPRESS YOURSELF”
THIS WAS HORRID!!!! OMG!!!!

Is she going now to rip off Whitney’s “I will always love you”?

@oxcarlima: Don’t you dare compare this crappy song to Madonna’s classic VOGUE!

?WerzDaMuzik? @ 02/14/2011 at 11:12 am

I think Lady Gaga as a person is great but her music and performances and costumes are so unoriginal, she lacks musical talent, she is a horrible performer and is not unique or creative in any way.

?WerzDaMuzik? @ 02/14/2011 at 11:13 am

*yawn*

that was bad in so many levels i can’t even start. total mess.

Oh magnifico!! too bababndoo!! simplismente arrazzou!! voz perfeita, dancca perfeita roupa perfeita!! hohhhooh

I love GaGa, it’s an honor to M (The Queen) to be emulated, although i do not hear Express Yourself at all in Born This Way.

simplismente perfeito!!! adorei!! hohoh’ sem palavras de taao perfeito!!! *.*

Sharon Hayes @ 02/14/2011 at 1:07 pm

I was just wondering i like lady gaga but what the hell is she doing to herself she looks like crap with those horns and her shouders she should just keep her image we r all use to

Lady Gaga is a fun one to watch I guess but Christina Aguilera nailed it…she was amaaazing! But let’s not talk about her in here cause they are so different.. they could not have been any more different but Gaga stans you know how it feels now, right? Your fave being compared to another female artist? Madonna. So stop hating on Christina and others, it’s ok if gaga is your number one and you don’t have to like other female artists but just shut up kids. Karma is, and will be a *****.

ICYNDICEY @ 02/14/2011 at 1:25 pm

@Robert:
***** can’t dance for ****. She has NO rhythm AT ALL!!!

@WANNABE:

Ok, I’m repeating this once. MADONNA’S CAREER IS DEAD. It’s over. She was a once radiant pop star of the 80s and now is nothing more than a face on the red carpet to reassure us all that she’s in good health and not dead.

Don’t hate on GAGA just because her career is flourishing. And comparing Madonna and Lady GaGa is a lot like comparing N’Sync to The Back Street Boys, or Britney to Christina, or Destiny’s Child to TLC, or Jay-Z to PDiddy, or Beyonce to Rhianna. They’re dangerously similar but just different enough to be considered their own force in the music industry. I’m not sure why Madonna fans are so threatened but it’s quite comical.

And I AM SICK of hearing the comparison of Born This Way & Express Yourself. The only similarity in the two songs is the chord progression, but other than that I’ve listened to Express Yourself many-a-time and can garantee you that they are HARDLY similar. You have to remember that this is the MUSIC industry. There’s always possibility that something may end up sounding like something else, it’s just the way it is. And this music is overseen by major recording companies who have a far better extensive knowledge of music than any of us do, and I’m sure if they even sense the slightest bit of “copyright” infringment the song wouldn’t be made otherwise they’d be faced with a lawsuit.

Express Yourself and Born This Way are two entirely different songs. Madonna promotes being a ***** in her song while Lady GaGa talks about how you’re beautiful the way you were born (which for some of you, clearly means without a brain.) I personally just think Madonna fans are being self conscious little ****** that are upset that the “freak” is pumping out more meaningful music than their beloved pop queen ever did in all 100 years of her dead career.

Sit & Spin sweetheart. Sit & SPINNNNNNNNNN.

I’m glad the little monster a stepping up to defend Gaga against Madonnas sad fans. Gaga song live on the Grammys. Gaga has a great voice. The performance was amazing. She proved you can dance and sing live. I want to say to the little monsters don’t pay attention to the Madonna and Britney Fans because all it boils down to is they are jeolous of Gaga. If Gaga was no huge threat, they would not take the time to write the nasty, untrue comment. Gaga is a way better singer and dancer than Madonna and thats killing them to see the truth. I was a Madonna fan. I know. Gaga is truly a better artist and Madonna fans are crapping in their pants. I never seen Madonna hard-core fans loose their minds over another female artist. That just shows the power of Gaga. I loved how Gaga thanked Whitney Houston for Born this Way. That was the ultimate FU Madonna and her sad fans. Gaga is smart. She’s slowly but surely distancing herself from Madonna and this Gaga is ripping off Madonna will start to get very old. Young people don’t care. Gaga album is breaking records and will continue to. Just get use to it!!!!!!!

I’m glad the little monsters are stepping up to defend Gaga.

Lady Gaga’s Grammy costume and hair extension are basically Madonna Blond Ambition Tour cone bra, but in black….

I can also imagine Gaga calling Madonna now

Lady Gaga: “Madonna, which look of yours should I use THIS time… for the Grammys? You know for the Little Monsters.

Madonna: “Hmmmm That’s a good one, I think you already copied most of them… Wait! What about my Blond Ambition Tour cone bra costume, I looked fierce in that!”

Lady Gaga “Yes you did Madonna! Yes you did.”

Madonna: “But change it up a little bit this time Gaga. Don’t make it to obvious.

Lady Gaga: “Oops I did it again.”

Madonna: “Gaga…”

Madonna: “What about black instead of gold?”

Lady Gaga: “Perfect!”

@ERIC:
okay we get ur point…you’re scaring me with the caps lock

I think some people are used to see gaga doing fantastic things and then they talk bad thing about her. And now, when she does something alittle bit more “simple” (cause her performance wasnt simple), they talk bad things about her again. I just dont understand some people! I think Gaga is amazing! she is not only a singer, or a songwriter or a popstar! she is influence and culture!

theoneandonly @ 02/14/2011 at 4:22 pm

Gaga made gag gag

Why are they doing Texas Rangers “The Claw” at the end?

Digusting!! @ 02/14/2011 at 4:39 pm

Can this quack ever just sing a song. An egg. Seriously she came to the awards show in an egg. I have never liked her and I really do not understand her appeal. I prefer real musicians who do not have to go though theatrics just to get people’s attention. You might call it art, I call it CRAP!

Donn wilson @ 02/14/2011 at 5:13 pm

lady Gaga’s performance on the Grammy’s is by far the best i have seen in a long time. refreshing and she is a true artist. I love the message in this song. lady gaga will be around for a long time. move over Madonna gaga is here.

i like her, but… WHY SHE TRY SO HARD TO LOOK UGLY?,
i mean, yes she is original, but really looks like a freak

Marcelo P. @ 02/14/2011 at 6:34 pm

Aloka. hahahah

Badass Gaga, who in the pop world isn’t influenced by Madonna, Bowie, Grace Jones, NYC clubkids or whatever…
People don’t like to give credit to creative artists that take risks and aren’t scared if people are gonna like it or not…
She has a badass body and a badass voice, the rest is just performance art…
Not my fav song of hers but I’m sure the album will have some surprises…

I Do Makeup for $$$ @ 02/14/2011 at 8:57 pm

SHES SUCKS AND IS AN AMALGAM OF WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS ALREADY DONE.
GO AWAY “GAGA” – YOU ARE NOT A LEGEND. YOU SUCK

gaga sucks go Britney u are the best

Just sing @ 02/15/2011 at 1:17 am

She needs to lose the name lady gaga – go back to her regular name and write songs like she CAN DO and sing them like she CAN do – and let the world focus on her and her talent – not the SHOW… the SONG is getting lost. Songs like speechless. She doesn’t need fireworks and all the distractions around her. She needs to watch famous women like janis joplin who did it all w/their voice and a microphone. she could do the same. Course who am I to talk, she’s laughing all the way to the bank in her egg.

Does she think we’re stupid? She just said that she thinks she has one of the best voices in the industry & now she wants to act modest and say she wasn’t secure enough with herself to think she could sing Born this way so she imagined Whitney Houston singing it. Don’t her fans realize what a hypocrite she is?

Soul Singer @ 02/15/2011 at 3:18 pm

Work it Gaga!!!!

lol Ur sad… so is Madonna so I guess it makes sense xoxox

Probably her best live perfomance ever, IMO. Hard to find other current artists who can sing with those powerful on -pitch vocals and dance like that. And those full-voice high notes she belted during the bridge and at the end gave me chills. Simple, artistic, beautiful, and flawlessly executed. The best of the evening, without a doubt!

GAGALOVER @ 02/16/2011 at 5:12 pm

everyone shut up, she is the best there is out there. GaGa did not copy Madonna, she has her own talent. You try going up there at the grammys and sing while dancing. she did a great job
GO GAGA

The performance wasn’t boring. She just didn’t want it to be too distracting. She probably actually wanted people to listen to the song and not pay attention to her outfit or actions.

GaGa is a very talented girl! It’s pretty obvious you haven’t seen this girl belt out a tune, she is better than most of what you people call talent now in days she can actually sing her ass of and she always sings live!! so don’t hate on GaGa cause you ******* wish you can be her!! Born This Way was #1 in 23 countries and the fastest downloaded song in history so i don’t think your negative comments are effecting her on bit!

This song is the most amazing song.
You all should take a step back and listen to it by the young girl who plays the piano.
Gaga didn’t stop the entire performance! She is amazing, there were many moments when she could have taken a break, and didn’t, she just came back with more power. And it makes this song so incredible.
I never truly appreciated her until this song.

This song is the most amazing song.
I never truly appreciated her until this song.

She’s totally lipsynching!

To All You Haters…..Lay off Is not like u can do better
Lady Gaga is awesome and all u haters keep hatin

Haters….LAY OFF…I bet Lady GaGa is a better singer than to all u haters…and to fans u guys Get music

everyone hates lady gaga because she is so amazing and they just cant handle it!

she looked HOOOOTTTT!!!!. Steller body..WOW!…very rocking version and i couldn’t help but keep playing it over and over!
Vewry talented performer to say the least!

GENIUS of a performer!….WAY better performance then I’ve seen on stage at the Grammys in a long time. This song is sooooooo catchy!…LUV IT!!

my mama told me when i was young we’er born all super stars she rolled my hair put my lipstick on in a glass of her boudoir theres nothing wrong with loving who you are she said cause he made you feel perfict babe so hold your head up girl and you’ll go far listen to me when i say im beautful in my way cause god makes no mistakes im on the right track baby i was born this way.LADY GAGA RULED THE SHOW IN THE GRAMMYS IM GLAD SHE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd Larkin @ 05/18/2011 at 1:51 pm

Gaga blows away the other divas. She reminds me of liza minnelli
so much; same passion; same fire; same intensity; Gaga is a super talent; she will just get better and better and better and better……… I feel sorry for the rest lol.