Lady Gaga: Grammys 2011 'Born This Way' Performance!

Lady Gaga: Grammys 2011 'Born This Way' Performance!

Lady Gaga belts out her latest song, “Born This Way,” at the 2011 Grammy Awards held at the Staples Center on Sunday (February 13) in Los Angeles.

Earlier in the evening, the 24-year-old singer made her way down the red carpet in a giant egg!

Gaga then broke out of the egg on stage and was “born this way.”

In addition to Best Short Form Music Video, Gaga picked up the award for best Pop Vocal Album for Fame Monster!

“Thank you so much from the bottom of her heart,” she said during her acceptance speech, specifically naming her fans, her sister, her parents, and her longtime managers Troy Carter and Vincent Hebert.

WHAT DID YOU THINK of Lady Gaga’s Grammy performance?

Lady Gaga Performs “Born This Way” at the 2011 Grammy Awards

WENN
  • Who did Ralph Fiennes date from Real Housewives of New York City?- US Weekly
  • Lilly Ghalichi has been fired from Shahs of Sunset- TMZ
  • Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 78 » Show All

@anonymous:
Are you kidding xtina sucks and all she does is annoying ohhhhh yeah **** at least gaga sings live you want to talk about a fake pop star mention stupid xtina

Paraflowers @ 02/14/2011 at 12:02 am

OKAY ALL YOU “OLD” GAYS NEED TO CHECK YOUR SELF!! HER PERFORMANCE RROOCCKKEEDD!! i’M SORRY THAT YOU CAN’T KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES! MADONNA HAD HER RUN (HELL EVEN SHE IS TRYING TO PREFORM WITH GAGA) YOU ALL SHOULD LET IT GO AND GET ON BOARD CAUSE BABY YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY!!

Ok people who are saying she’s a Madonna wannabe is seriously retarted. Madonna sucks Lady Gaga is way better. And at least she actually sings at concerts I mean all the fake pop stars you are mentioning xtina and Madonna don’t even sing at their own damn concerts talk about fake.

Loved it, its a new GaGa and im loving all of her. I loved the gospel vibe she had going with the outfit and the organ. Its a beautifully written song, a beautiful voice, and a beautiful performance. Songs like this change the world.

@Nikky m:
Like poop. she has no more money to buy her songs (:

common sense. @ 02/14/2011 at 12:11 am

one last thing-

THIS WAS GAGA AT HER BEST LIVE TELEVISION PERFORMANCE:

BRING BACK THE GOODS, MOTHER MONSTER!!!!! NO MORE OF THIS BORING DULL UNINSPIRED STUFF!

i dont care what people think or say and im pretty sure she doesnt either :] Great performance. you dont get her. You haters are just jealous she ruling you and the world and messing your head up that you have to hate. Overall she wins just deal with it go listen to britney and floptina. :] bye

Cesar Andalon @ 02/14/2011 at 12:20 am

I see that everyone is quiet obviously expecting your usual Gaga who will do odd things, and dress wierd.
BUT!!!!!!!!
SHE WENT A LITTLE MORE SIMPLE TO PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT SHE IS NOT JUST A MEDIA ENTERTAINER
THE GIRL HAS AMAZING TALENT
SHE CAN SING AMAZINGLY LIVE
SHE CAN DANCE
SHE IS A GREAT SONG WRITTER
SHE IS A MUSICIAN WHO CAN PLAY
show me all those pop stars who can do what Momma Monster can do
Born this way is not a Madonna rip off
Madonna’s song is about relationships and hetrosexual
Born This Way is not!!! ITS THE A GAY ANTHEM!
Standing for the gays, bisexuals, lesbians, transgenders.. etc!
HATE GAGA ALL YOU WANT,
SHE AINT LEAVING BABY!!!!

I am not a fan of her at all, mostly because I dislike her personality and gimmicks so much that I can’t bear to listen to a full song, but with all the hype around her amazing new song and this arriving inside of an egg crap I expected a lot more. This was just a pop performance. It was also one of the least entertaining and most boring moments of the show.

yeah, said the line again @ 02/14/2011 at 12:21 am

yeah get over it people, time changes, even Madonna inspired by some other artist that too old for you to know.
And britney NEVER did performing at Grammy all of her career ever. Check the list if you don’t believe me, from 1999 and up. Don’t be a fool by denying facts just because you’re a stan!
Plus Xtina got standing ovationbecause she brought up a song from a legendary diva well, not because of herself, she’s been getting downhill since Bionic, just admit it. And getting old too, she’s forgetting her own country’s national anthem. How embarassing.

Dan Bailey @ 02/14/2011 at 12:27 am

Totally rocks, wtf to all those that say it sounds like Madonna, where???? As for less theatrics, I enjoyed the fact that I could watch listen to her without all the distractions of too much going on! She is moving in a new direction from her earlier stuff, I, for one, will be heading out and buying the cd when it comes out! Rock on Lady Gaga! A newly converted “little monster!”

Just copy Madonna…pathetic.
Shame on you Grammy’s
BOOOO boring.
Been there done it, 1990, Madonna, Blonde Ambition Tour

Cesar Andalon @ 02/14/2011 at 12:48 am

@G: songs like we are the world. Maybe all the people hating on Gaga will for ONCE listen to the song, read the lyrics, and feel ashamed. God made her this way to open our eyes to all the bullied and teased humans in the world!!!
Lets learn to accept people!!!!!

She’s in great shape!

say what you will, but gaga has immense talent. awesome singer, dancer, writes all of her own songs, comes up with all of her outfits/performances/everything she does by herself. she’s worked so much harder to get where she is than half of the people in the industry nowadays.

wild and chaotic performance!

“A girl’s got to use what she’s given and I’m not going to make a guy drool the way a Britney video does. So I take it to extremes. I don’t say I dress sexily on stage – what I do is so extreme. It’s meant to make guys think: ‘I don’t know if this is sexy or just weird.”
— Lady Gaga

“I used to walk down the street like I was a star. I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be – and then to fight so hard for it that the lie becomes the truth.”
— Lady Gaga

orchadeye @ 02/14/2011 at 1:10 am

totally reminds me of express yourself from madonna

Is it just me, but did this song sound a bit like Madonna’s Express Yourself at some points? I mean, not lyrically, but the beat and rhythm?

I could be wrong, and I’m not hating on Gaga, I like some of her stuff, but…….I personally think I heard the Madonna beat to it.

Cesar Andalon @ 02/14/2011 at 1:15 am

Okay this whole reminds me of express yourself has got to stop.
Different meanings in the song! Wayyyyyy different is everyone so critical that they look for ways for this exceptional woman to fail?

ICYNDICEY @ 02/14/2011 at 1:20 am

@Jason:
LMFAO!!! How do you really feel?

“Prejudice is a disease. And when they come for you, or refuse your worth, I will be ready for their stones. I belong to you. GAGAKLEIN.”
— Lady Gaga

ICYNDICEY @ 02/14/2011 at 1:33 am

@Paraflowers:
Honey I ain’t an “old” gay and I can see in plain sight, because I’m not brainwashed like you, that this horsey face is nothing but a Madonna retread and a very, very UGLY one at that.

Let’s have some fun this song is s-h-i-t let’s beat Lady G with an ugly stick!

Honestly, all I can say is that I loved it! No matter what she does, more or less than her usual, she is an amazing entertainer with a lovely voice. The song was brilliant, especially the message, and the choreography was flawless.

To those who are comparing her to Madonna, although I see and hear many similarities, know that Madonna is Gaga’s inspiration – hence why Gaga may put off as very Madonna-esque. Lady Gaga is the Madonna of this generation, bringing us similar music and messages the legendary Madonna brought to many in the 80s. Do you think many teens listen to Madonna today? Doubt it. Lady Gaga is what’s in.

Also, to the people who are criticizing her ability to sing and dance: Your comments have no value! Lady Gaga is an international star and you’re probably just some old geezer struggling to make a living for yourself. Why don’t you reach the fame at which Gaga stands at and then come back to criticize her, otherwise keep your negative comments to yourself because quite frankly, you crying over the internet isn’t going to break her down.

Thank you. <3