Marion Cotillard Joins 'Dark Knight Rises'

Marion Cotillard Joins 'Dark Knight Rises'

Marion Cotillard has been cast in The Dark Knight Rises, People reports.

No word yet on what character the 35-year-old French actress will be playing, but sources say she’ll start shooting the movie at London’s Elstree Studios in June before heading over to the Pittsburgh, L.A., and NYC sets.

Marion‘s latest project has her teaming up with her Inception director Christopher Nolan and co-stars Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Marion Cotillard joining The Dark Knight Rises?

Credit: Dominique Charriau; Photos: GettyDominique Charriau
Posted to: Marion Cotillard

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Sequel to INCEPTION, anyone? LOL. Bad move, Nolan. You better do well to not make this like a sequel to the movie.

Can there be a Christopher Nolan version of Poison Ivy? I know after playing Batman: Arkham Asylum that Poison Ivy can be really dark and so anti-humanity. How would Nolan do Ivy?

I KNEW IT! Nolan always works with actors he’s already worked before or something. Look at Cillian Murphy (Batman, Inception), Michael Caine (Batman, Prestige).

I n F a m o u s l y C o o L @ 02/14/2011 at 8:34 pm

great!

I like Anne, but Marion would be an amazing catwoman,but that role has already gone.I hope Nolan gives her a proper role and not just as Batmans love intrest (Like Katie Holmes). Marion is an amazing talent,dont waste it Nolan.

That sucks. She was the only part of Inception I didn’t like.

…so…she’s gonna go straight from the delivery room back to the sound stage? My co-workers (moms and dads) have been taking 8-12 weeks to bond with their newborns. oh well…Cest La Vie…
(and her English sucks. Who wants to see THAT garbage onscreen?)

hell yeah! @ 02/14/2011 at 8:44 pm

IN NOLAN WE TRUST!

hell yeah! @ 02/14/2011 at 8:50 pm

Her english has improved since her Oscar winning, which by the way was really well deserved. And she seems a genuinely nice and sweet woman, so SHAME ON YOU HATERS

INCEPTION 2.
But Chris Nolan can do no wrong in my eyes… yet. I have hope, I have hope!

I want to see she more cry and scream

@Ginny: Ginny, the garbage is you. stupid hater.

Marion Cotillard is an Oscar winner, very popular actress. Who are you, dickhead, to call this actress “garbage”?

sockpuppet alert! @ 02/14/2011 at 9:03 pm

# 6 7 and 8 the same ****** posting her vile, loathsome hate under different names.

I hate to say it, but Nolan is slightly overrated. Don’t get me wrong I think he is one of the better directors out there, but Heath Ledger is the one who made Nolan look like a genius. It was his performance that made the Dark Knight what it was more than Nolan’s vision. I did enjoy Inception, and I’ve enjoyed most of Nolan’s films. The problem I have with his films is that they tend to drag, and I always find myself wanting him to pick up the pace. That was the case with Cotillard in Inception. For my money David Fincher is the director that can do no wrong.

fanofbatman @ 02/14/2011 at 9:06 pm

it’s Inception n°2 not The Dark Knight Rises. this movie will be a flop. that will never be like the dark knight if only he take another actor like jeremy renner or kate winslet there will be a box office but with this actors no way. only christian bale, michael caine and morgan freeman were the best. too bad
christopher nolan has made a bad choice. people will be lost now with the caracters it’s like to see inception 2. marion played the wife of the rich jacob now she will play the love interest of the rich bruce wayn. so f!king bad.

it’s INCEPTION N° 2 , Where is ellen and leo?????

She’s playing the daughter of Ras’Al’Gul .. The vilain of Batman Beggins.

sunbears1 @ 02/14/2011 at 9:20 pm

This movie already sounds crowded.

fanofbatman @ 02/14/2011 at 9:21 pm

yeah heath ledger was the best joker. kate winslet who have never made a movie with him , will breng chritopher nolan succes too like heath ledger had and leonardo dicaprio. she is talented actress 10000000 times better than marion cotillard and no one has seen her yet in a vilain caracter. i want to see kate winslet nasty for the first time

I don’t think Cotillard is a bad actress, but I haven’t been overly impressed so far, I mean of course she was amazing in La Môme (though to be honest the movie kind of sucked), she was good in Inception, but I wasn’t really floored by her acting in Public Enemies or Nine for that matter.
She’s okay but there are way better actresses than her.
And as to her oscar, sorry to burst your bubble but there are a few actors and actresses who got an oscar and didn’t really deserve it. Gwyneth Paltrow, anyone ?

it is not confirmed yet!!!!! she is on discussion that’s all and she is not only one, naomi watts, rachel weisz and Kate winlset are in discussion too. don’t forget that she is pregnant and she will due in May. the shooting of TDKR begin in May .

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All