Mila Kunis: 'Oz, the Great and Powerful' Role Revealed!

Mila Kunis: 'Oz, the Great and Powerful' Role Revealed!

Mila Kunis tries to shield her face from photographers as she leaves a convenience store on Thursday (February 17) in Los Angeles.

The 27-year-old Black Swan actress was reportedly cast as Theodora, the eventual Wicked Witch of the West, alongside James Franco in director Sam Raimi’s Oz the Great and Powerful, a prequel to the classic story, The Wizard of Oz.

Neither James nor Mila have confirmed their roles in Oz.

FYI: Mila is wearing American Eagle jeggings.

mila kunis convenience store 01
mila kunis convenience store 02
mila kunis convenience store 03
mila kunis convenience store 04

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

PLEASE, PLEASE….. Don’t EVER touch such a beautiful, amazing, and talented movie such as the Wizard of Oz !!!! Just shows how desperate and uncreative Hollywood has become.

Love you Judy Garland, rest in peace.

did she buy a pack of cigarettes?

It’s a prequel to the Wizard of Oz, not a remake. I think Raimi is the right director to take on the project but I’m not thrilled with the casting of Franco if it is true. I’m simply just getting tired of him. I thought the project sounded a lot more promising with Robert Downey Jr. attached. Kunis is a good choice though. She has very menacing facial features and would be believable as the eventual wicked witch.

Even hiding from the camera can’t cover up her beauty.

Amanda Dubs @ 02/17/2011 at 9:06 pm

Elfaba or bust.

She doesn’t have the talent. Im sorry but its true. She is a very one-note actor, doing all the predictable moves.

Letisha Malcolm @ 02/17/2011 at 9:24 pm

Cheer Up Mila

She does have talent, she just needs to choose the right roles…. This one would be a bad one though lol never mess with the classics

i more than disagree with you. Mila should have been nominated for best supporting actress. she was more than robbed

NO WAY!@ 02/17/2011 at 8:29 pm

calm down it’s a prequel; a work that is set chronologically before its predecessor. now please stop hyperventilating.

@to Jeelo: best supporting actress for the academy award? you’ve got to be kidding. not only was she shown dancing for a second but her role was based on making out with someone or another and raising her brows. hardly talented acting.

Mila & James? I’d definitely watch :)

@Gil: Have you seen Date Night? That didn’t end too well now did it?

she runs around alone alot. she needs some friends.

The same prequel as the broadway musical that’s based on the novel? It’s quite good, if anyone’s interested in reading it. The wicked witch is not wicked at all in the book, but comedic and sweet, and it tells of how she became so “wicked.” Some of you are saying she’s a one note actress( I don’t think she is, she just hasn’t had a chance to prove it yet), this part, which is probably similar to the book, is not what you’re thinking, so it’s not a total stretch from her roots but a small step in that direction.

BEAUTIFUL JEWESS!

Christina @ 02/19/2011 at 4:02 am

I thnk Mila Kunis is a talented actress. I admire her for her talent and also because she seems like a person who is very down to earth and doesn’t let her career go to her head. I hope I will get the opportunity to meet her one day. It is my dream to become an actress. I wish Mila all the luck in her career and future. :)

Christina @ 02/19/2011 at 4:02 am

Mila is a great actress she will have her turn at winning some oscars shes so young and so many films ahead of her, and this girl can not look bad at all even in these photos shes still gorgeous and hot theres something so sexy about her!

@dina:
Yeah I know I feel like she has this natural sensual feel to her

the yapper @ 03/01/2011 at 11:54 pm

Mila is beautiful. her and franco will look great on screen. Two wonderful and quirky actors.. Franco is brilliant talent. I’m so sick of Downey I could puke…enough already. He’s so common and tries so hard to be cute.

Although Mila Kunis definitely did not have the best performance, she did deserve to be nominated for best Supporting Actress. Her performance was very understated in the sense that she kept us wondering whether she was an actual threat (to Natalie Portman’s character)…she managed to subtly blend the menacing aspects of her character into the performance without being overwhelming. Without Mila’s character, Natalie Portman wouldn’t have had the material or drive to channel Nina’s desperation and ambitions. That being said, I am happy that Jackie Weaver got a nomination over Mila Kunis. Watch Animal Kingdom and you’ll see why exactly why! Her performance as a ruthless evil grandmother was brilliant!

Shame. They would have done far better to make WICKED a movie, but seeing as this is being made by Disney I am so glad it isn’t. They would never be able to do it right.

Elphaba lives!