George Clooney: 'Ides of March' with Ryan Gosling!

George Clooney: 'Ides of March' with Ryan Gosling!

George Clooney and Ryan Gosling film scenes for their new movie The Ides of March on Wednesday (February 23) in Cincinnati, Ohio.

The Ides of March is the film adaptation of the play Farrugut North, which starred Chris Pine in an Los Angeles production last year.

The film is about “an idealistic staffer (Gosling) for a newbie presidential candidate (Clooney) gets a crash course on dirty politics during his stint on the campaign trail.”

George is also directing the film with Evan Rachel Wood, Marisa Tomei, Paul Giamatti, and Philip Seymour Hoffman all on board.

george clooney idles of march ryan gosling 01
george clooney idles of march ryan gosling 02
george clooney idles of march ryan gosling 03
george clooney idles of march ryan gosling 04
george clooney idles of march ryan gosling 05

Credit: Jackson Lee/Brian Prahl; Photos: Splashnewsonline
Posted to: George Clooney, Ryan Gosling

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I’m glad George is bundling up after his bout with malaria. He doesn’t need to get sick again. I hope he’s getting enough sleep, too.

They both look cold as hell lol. Yikes.
Ryan has been documenting some of the people he has met in Cincinnati on his twitter account @RonnyBrosling. Each one is worth a watch.

Ryan looks really hot.

SEXAAAAYYYYYY

He looks cold but happy. Guess not having Elisabetta around is doing him good. She is in LA and he is in Ohio…that’s true love NOT! Ryan is looking really good here. Sounds like a good movie, can’t wait to see it.

Milkshake @ 02/24/2011 at 1:35 am

George… Oh what a man!!! He looks definitely attractively winning, even on the background of young intellectual cute guys.

Purity of Intention @ 02/24/2011 at 3:57 am

People like fruits. Too young too sour. Maximum wholesome to eat them ripe and juicy. Unfortunately, not everybody come to the fully ripe stage. We prefer milky ripeness stage – here, now it will happen…. but alas this not happening and the fruit shrinks and rots. And it’s very nice that someone as Mr. Clooney shows us that there are other kinds of life. I can say that among the male stars George is number one, unfortunately among women there are no such… probably Angelina will make it, but if so not through plastic surgery.

@Purity of Intention: For this reason any woman does not match well enough with him.
Of his age – they are already…., and younger ones – not yet……
With Canalis it is also a stupid combo.

Wow! It’s great to see George Clooney directing & starring again! Is this like, the 4th film he’s directing?
Confessions of A Dangerous Mind, Good Night, And Good Luck, & Leatherheads were the other 3 I think.
I can’t wait to see this one too. Sounds real interesting.

garter belt fetish @ 02/24/2011 at 6:28 am

@Media Wh@re MANiston: hey, what’s your problem? This is a Clooney thread, so why post an irrelevant, slanderous article?
As a matter of fact, Angelina is naturally beautiful & most women that b*itch about her are jealous!! Even a legend like Clint Eastwood called her possibly the most beautiful face on the planet.
Would be great to see her in a film with George. Their chemistry might work a lot more than it did with Johnny Depp in The Tourist.
Hope they really do a bio-pic about Monroe & Sinatra.

Brrrr…. Looks so cold in Cincinnati.
Glad to see George all rugged up & warm!
Wouldn’t mind cuddling up to him myself ;-)

garter belt fetish @ 02/24/2011 at 6:42 am

@Purity of Intention: Oh, I agree. You either have it or you don’t! And he sure does! The whole package.
Only seen Ryan Gosling in the Notebook, I must admit. Great actor. But while he might be almost 20 years younger than Clooney, I still prefer the latter. And, l like, I’m only in my early twenties too.

I like films about politics. I read Ides of March is based on the play Farragut North, but I never got a chance to see it off-Broadway a few years ago. Think it’s based on Howard Dean’s Democratic primary campaign in 2004.

That part @ 02/24/2011 at 7:05 am

@garter belt fetish: Oh, strange but we concurs again in our opinion :-)
I cannot speak objectively about Angelina because I feel kinda kinship feelings for her, and certainly do not feel anything for Johnny Depp because there are still a few sparrows left in his head.

Purity of Intention @ 02/24/2011 at 7:16 am

@garter belt fetish: I think that George and Angelina would look great on the screen together, but for Angelina it would be a harder task than play with Johnny Depp. Johnny more followed her so to say, and George leads himself, so it might be hard. What I think is that Angelina and Brad have a great combo, because he neither leads nor follows, he offers an alternative well-directed attitude.

That part @ 02/24/2011 at 7:32 am

@David C: The world never changes… what was true in 2004, true today. I think the guys will be able to breathe new life into the classic stuff. Here is what I saw http://i52.tinypic.com/2wcpizd.jpg
Pay special attention to the background, framing and colormix. I am sure George has some interesting ideas… I wait for this movie with anticipation!!!

Ryan is looking good!

he looks happy without his ugly cokewoh.re!!!

I’m glad Ryan Gosling is in this picture.IMO he’s a very talented and the most underrated actor their is.I love that he picks some very diverse roles instead of being type cast or choosing to playing it safe.

Shakespeare's Courtesan @ 02/24/2011 at 6:30 pm

“Soothsayer. Beware the Ides of March.
Caesar. He is a dreamer. Let us leave him. Pass.”

Shakespeare's Courtesan @ 02/24/2011 at 6:32 pm

“Remember March, the Ides of March remember.
Did not great Julius bleed for justice’ sake?
What villain touched his body, that did stab
And not for justice?”

Now that is what you call movie stars.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All