Julianne Hough: 'Rock of Ages' Movie with Tom Cruise!

Julianne Hough: 'Rock of Ages' Movie with Tom Cruise!

Julianne Hough is set to star in the film adaptation of the musical Rock of Ages opposite Tom Cruise, according to THR.

The 22-year-old entertainer will play Sherrie, a small town girl who rejects Tom‘s rock star character and ends up as a stripper.

Director Adam Shankman called Julianne‘s audition “nothing short of a miracle. It was a star-is-born moment,” he said.

Mary J. Blige is also on board for the project with Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand in talks for roles.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Julianne Hough starring opposite Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages?

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

she’s lucky she has r yan seacrest as her boyfriend

i n f a m o u s l y c o o l @ 03/04/2011 at 8:16 am

…Cool. Lucky girl.

With gay ???why ?? I she have boyfrined gay ryan s,why she go with 2 gay rot

she’s hot and talented

she has so much bearding practice with brother, ryan, etc. – perfect.

Beating a dead horse @ 03/04/2011 at 8:45 am

Don’ tlikeTom’s crazyness, but this movie is a bad idea. the musical movie is out. If briefly came in and ended quickly.
Bad idea here tommy boy still trying to strike fire with movies like used too. Misson Impossbile will do well. High adventure,special effects,etc.

Beating a dead horse @ 03/04/2011 at 8:45 am

Joy McBride @ 03/04/2011 at 8:49 am

Will you people get over the gay crap!!!! Ryan and Derek are not gay!!!! Julianne would never be a beard for anyone! She does not need Ryans help to get staring roles in movies either, she is probably the most talented 22 yr old on the planet.

Dubya Bush @ 03/04/2011 at 8:50 am

I actually saw this musical and it was god awful! I can’t believe their making it a movie, lol

Tom as Rock Star? …….bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Does this role call for a middle-age man, because Tom trying to
woo Julianna, a girl have his age, old enough to his daughter is just ew!! Tom lost so much weight for Mission Imp. that he is showing his age in the face, looks drawn and haggard. I cringe thinking of Tom singing, not sure why, but it screams of trying too hard.

I have to be honest I’m already tired of Julianne Hough

Who the heck is she?

@Peggy Men love Julianne because 1: obviously beauty 2: She knows how to move 3: She can act 4 Great personality 5 Family bond as seen on DWTS, interviews and how she and her bro cheered on each other say a lot about both her and Derek. I can understand why other women would be jealous of her.Especially with the sexy role she had in Burlesque.And her Singing Career isn’t too bad either. Jealousy makes us look bad so don’t hate.

I actually saw the musical in NYC a couple of years ago and it was great but part of the attraction is seeing it live. As much as I enjoyed it, I don’t think making it a film is a good idea. They should leave well enough alone and Tom Cruise playing Stacee Jaxx is a horrible idea!! WTF???

@A man:

Typical sexist male reaction if your a woman and your tired of someone you must be jealous. Stop being a stereotype

I’m not even remotely jealous I’m tired of her she’s everywhere lately. I have a few actors I’m just as tired of.

You don’t have to be jealous to be tired of someone I’m not tired of Natalie Portman or Mila Kunis, Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams etc each far more talented that Julianne and just as beautiful.

Um what the heck? This whole movie has been TC’s idea to create the movie adaptation, produce and star in it to pander to his own egotistical desires. He is not 30 anymore, and he can’t pass for it with an expensive hair and makeup crew. Someone younger is needed if they are going to even think about it without it being a massive flop. That guy from Coyote Ugly would be a good pic. I know it’s an older movie now but he’s a singer and a dancer naturally and he’s a cutie as well!

I loved the musical I saw it at Pantages and really hope they don’t stuff it up. If Julianne can do it then fine, but the chick who was on the stage playing Cherie was GORGEOUS and maybe they should just get her???

Joy McBride @ 03/06/2011 at 2:09 pm

@peggy: None of your above mentioned actresses are any more talented than Julianne, they have been in more movies but Julianne is just getting started, you just wait Julianne will outshine them, its just a matter of time. And none of them are world class dancers or Billboard chart topping singers either.

I can see her in the role, but Tom Cruise – isn’t he a bit old for this role?

F*CK Shankman