Alex O'Loughlin: Shirtless for 'GQ Style Australia'

Alex O'Loughlin: Shirtless for 'GQ Style Australia'

Alex O’Loughlin shows off his ripped physique in GQ Style Australia, currently on newsstands.

Here’s what the 34-year-old Hawaii Five-0 star, who also appears on the GQ cover, shared with the mag:

On leaving his native Australia for America: “When I first moved over here I was really, really nervous. It took me six years to settle into living in LA. I had my life together [in Australia], my niche and my friends. And I’m like, ‘Wow, I’m up and moving to the middle of the ocean, to a small island where
I don’t know anyone.’”

On filming his CBS show in Hawaii: “It’s one of the greatest things that’s ever happened to me. This place is one of the greatest on the planet; the people here are amazing. I’ve already made so many incredible friends that I’ll have for the rest of my life. I can’t really see myself leaving, regardless of what happens to the show.”

On being compared to the original Hawaii Five-0: “There’s also a lot of fans and friends of Jack Lord — who played the original Steve McGarrett — and I’m an Australian. So I can’t think about any of that. All I can think about is doing my work, being true and honest within the character and trying to deliver on time.’

For more of Alex‘s interview, check out GQ.com.au!

alex oloughlin gq australia 01
alex oloughlin gq australia 02
alex oloughlin gq australia 03
alex oloughlin gq australia 04
alex oloughlin gq australia 05

His movie with Jennifer Lopez is a guilty pleasure of mine.

CanadaGirl @ 03/07/2011 at 7:29 pm

Good Lord almighty……….. Hubba-hubba-drool-stare.

The mag title is an oxymoron because Austraila does not in fact have any style at all.

@Crew: Lol omg im glad im not the only one who thinks so. They have great chemistry.

Oof! He looks good.

Hey Alex looking good, i love guys without their shirts.
yeah baby.

he should inves tin some acting lessons….

i n f a m o u s l y c o o l @ 03/07/2011 at 9:19 pm

@Crew: ..The one NOBODY went to see?! Hahahahahaha.. He failed at trying to look sexy.

I can hear his SEXY voice giving that interview!! He’s one of the HOTTEST ACTORS!

to infamouslycool @ 03/07/2011 at 11:38 pm

sorry to break this to you but Alex is incredibly sexy in these photos; he looks better in real life.

a lot you know about style; men in Australia are by and large a hell of lot more sexy then men here in America. i would explain it to you but i doubt you’d understand

he looks good from the neck down as usual.

who is this guy?? and why do i care

Man Alex O’Loughlin so soooooooo…………..hot!!!1

great actor too and those who think otherwise should check out Mary Bryant.

Jokergurl @ 03/08/2011 at 3:16 am

I really enjoy him on Hawaii Five O, he’s great and HOT.

He is one of the hottest men on the planet! A great actor too

Hes so damn hot and sexy, i luv him in Hawaii Five O!! :-)

Just have sex with me already!!

Another Mike @ 03/21/2011 at 12:31 pm

The Mike who commented here about Australia is an idiot — can’t even spell Australia correctly — and he doesn’t speak for any of the rest of us.

As for Alex, I don’t like the tattoos, but other than that he looks great — especially the manly chest & lean abs.

Primrose 88 @ 07/09/2011 at 3:13 am

I think Alex is fabulous and a great actor. He’s much more than just a body. It’s never difficult to spot the former Alex fans among the bashers, who just refuse to accept that Moonlight is no more, as if it is his fault. These people need to grow up !!!

Beach guy @ 09/04/2011 at 1:36 pm

HOTTER than hell, this is guy is why I am gay!!!

Alex, the Dark Hunter @ 06/21/2012 at 9:00 pm

It’s not just because he’s super handsome, but there is something so deep in his eyes that makes me think he’s actually a great person. He’s a great actor, btw.

If you’ve read the Dark Hunters’ series, by Sherrilyn Kenyon, which character do you think he should be? Vane? Zarek?

I’m sure he would make me proud as a DH :)