Nickelodeon to Air 1990s Programming Beginning This Fall

Nickelodeon to Air 1990s Programming Beginning This Fall

Old-school Nickelodeon fans, your day has come – the network has announced that beginning this fall, TeenNick will air 1990s programming favorites including Clarissa Explains It All, All That, Rugrats, and Kenan & Kel!

The programming block will air from midnight until 2 a.m. and be called The ’90s Are All That, EW reports, adding that the network approved the idea after seeing interest from fans across social media sites.

Also airing in the block are Pete & Pete and The Amanda Show. EW notes that over time, TeenNick hopes to air other ’90s shows and movies.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE 1990s Nickelodeon show?

Frazer Harrison/Getty

HEY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!! & ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK! AHHHHHHHHHHH BRING IT ALL BACK NICK,BRING IT ALL BACK!!!!!

Salute Your Shorts???

Coool!! Is it just in the USA? I’d love to see Clarissa again :)

I loved Clarissa (and her little brother Ferguson)!

Nick, THANK YOU.

I grew up watching nick so I’m super stoked for this.

This is great. I hope they also include Welcome Freshmen

ugghh I want all these shows back! Hey dude anyone!

ugghh I want all these shows back! Hey dude anyone!

how about 15? vintage ryan reynolds.

yesss :) but the fall is so far away…

thats awesome i cant wait i hope they bring rocket power back i loved that show

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klutzy_girl @ 03/10/2011 at 11:04 am

I am so freaking happy right now! Cannot wait until fall.

are you afraid of the dark!!!!

hope they will air the secret world of alex mack

shenanyginz @ 03/10/2011 at 11:18 am

I think I cried a little… But I’m so on the salute your shorts bandwagon but um? Doug? Wild and crazy kids? Legend of the hidden temple? GUTS? SNICK? Alex Mack? Allen Strange?

wooo the 90s were the best

Pete and Pete! That was the best show

Guts. Hidden temple. Alex mack allen strange. Salute Your Shorts. Are you afraid of the dark? Hey Dude. (No cartoons)

Rocket Power, As told my Ginger, and Hey Arnold!!!!

holy shi* I think I just died a little. Best news in showbiz in a long time. I once wrote to Nick a longgg time ago (lol) to bring back their old shows.

Hey Dude,Roundhouse,Salute your shorts,Rugrats,Are you afraid of the dark,Clarissa Explains it all

woowwww cant wait!

YEEEEY RUGRATS :D

That is beyond AWESOME!!!!! Salute Your Shorts was the best show ever….bring back Real Monsters, All That, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Pete and Pete, Cat Dog, Doug, Clarissa Explains it All, and Are you Afraid of the Dark!!!!!!!!

I loved loved loved Doug, Rocket Power, Recess and Hey Arnold!
Ahh I miss 90′s Nick soooo much.

Derek Rubis @ 03/10/2011 at 12:38 pm

Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Are Your Afarid Of The Dark, Guts, Welcome Freshman, & Roundhouse

Haters Suck! @ 03/10/2011 at 12:41 pm

I loved Rugrats, when Tommy got out that screw driver you knew something crazy was about to go down. But I also loved rocket power, doug, ahhh real monsters, all that, rokos modern life, hey Arnold, and bring back ren$stimpy too that show was awsome. Man, the 90′s ruled.

“Doug” was the best Nick toon.

BEST NEWS EVER!!! ALEX MACK PLEASE

HEY ARNOLD and AFRAID OF THE DARK (or whatever that was called)

I heard This is a Joke

are you afraid of the dark and alex mack!!!

What about “Hey Arnold ” !!

what about “You Can’t Do That On Television”!?!?!?!!?!?!

mackenzie @ 03/10/2011 at 2:57 pm

This is so exciting!
I’d love to see Hey Arnold as well!

Yayyyyy! Can’t wait, the good ole day shows are coming back! These were the classics, no shows on tv today can even compare!
Thnx Nick (:

This is a dream come true. Are you Afraid of the Dark, Clarissa, Salute Your Shorts… can we get Double Dare and Guts back on and can I please compete? Seriously…

YES!!!! Finally! I’ve been waiting for this day for soo long!!

i’m crossing my fingers that they start showing alex mac!

Hasancan Demirbas @ 03/10/2011 at 3:23 pm

hey everyone, there is already a stream on the internet that plays your favourite adult swim and nickolodeon shows all the way from are afraid of the dark to kenan and kel many many many other shows. http://swimelodeon.com/

we would love more people on the stream so come and visit us and become a part of the community :)))) my user name is Avaddon see yo uguys there :))

Oh my God I’m so freakin’ excited!!! Thank you to Nick for actually listening to what it’s audience wants!

THE best news in a loooooooooong time! They HAVE to include SALUTE YOUR SHORTS!!!!!!

SPACE CASES. So underrated!!

Catalina’s best friend Susie isn’t there….

Salute your shorts! Fifteen! Welcome Freshman!

Sterrence @ 03/10/2011 at 5:27 pm

Roundhouse, bros and sistas, Roundhouse.

OMGGG YESSS!!!!!!!!!!! little bear, hey arnold, the wild thornberrys, rugrats, keenan and kel were all my favorites, they were so good back then what happened?

Sterrence @ 03/10/2011 at 5:28 pm

@Sarah: Rocket Power was early 2000s

I hope they show Are You Afraid of the Dark!

hell yes! they should air it during the day, so kids know what kids programs are supposed to look like, not the crap on air today :)

YES YES YES YES YES!! THANK YOU NICK!!!!

it would be pretty awesome if they showed figure it out :D

Shnellycat @ 03/10/2011 at 6:40 pm

Alex Mack, Hey Arnold

velcrodots @ 03/10/2011 at 7:02 pm

i am so jealous for you guys! I loved Clarissa, Action Leauge Now, Doug, Pete & Pete, Double Dare and the Amanda Show. Ahh the 90′s, a simpler time when kids could be kids and there was only 151 Pokemon.

thisisevelynR @ 03/10/2011 at 7:30 pm

wait, only TeenNick will air it…not Nick??

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK, ANYONE???
SWEET VALLEY HIGH.
BREAKER HIGH-RYAN GOSLING (NOW THAT IS VINTAGE)

You Cant Do That on Television…course you weenies are probably too young to remember that..

SO EXCITED! THANK GOD! THEY DO LISTEN! We will NEVER SLEEP AGAIN!

I WANT doug, aww real monsters, kablam!, ren and stimpy, The good all that (NOT the crappy one!), and Are you afraid of the Dark….IM so happy my dreams have come true, Nick has come to its sences! if you didnt notice i lack the abilities to spell, cause all the educational t.v was taken off the air and replaced with real, fake little kids and their happy lives, Bring on the Cartoons! :)

are you afraid of the dark, hey arnold, clarissa, pete&pete and real monsters ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

OMG!!! I CANNOT WAIT! I have been waiting for this day for YEARS!!! All Nick plays now is iCarly and Spongbob all day. They need to bring back the shows that we all fell in love with when we were younger. Seriously The Amanda Show, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Clarissa Explains It All, All That, Kenan and Kel, Guts, Figure It Out….EVERYTHING!! Best news ever!

yeeeeeh I’m so happy, I grew up with those shows. It brings back memories. Pleeeeese show “are u afraid of the dark” and “the amanda show”

goosebumps!!!!

YES! this is amazing! been waiting a LONG time for them to bring those shows back.

AWESOME! I’m waiting for HEY DUDE!!!!!

bring back Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Ahhhhhh! Yay! I think I cried a little! What about ‘As told by Ginger” ‘Rugrats” ‘Rocket Power” heck, bring all the classics back! I miss em!

Sweet! I had such a crush on Sam.

My favorites: Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, My Brother and Me, The Secret World of Alex Mack.

I think the only news that could rival this is if Disney decided to put on its shows from the 90s.

Pleaseease @ 03/11/2011 at 12:23 am

Roundhouse! Salut youR Shorts! Old school Ren & Stimpy, not that new junks!

i just spent five minutes giggling. i am a grown man.

Yes its so awesome that Nick finally did this, the only thing that i kinda dislike is that its gonna air at midnight :(

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK, wowzers, oh and Alex Mack! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lindsay Anne Meniz @ 03/11/2011 at 2:11 am

What took you guys so long to bring back the good stuff? Now you are awesome. Clarissa Explains it All, All That, Roundhouse and Are you Affraid of the Dark, were the best. Pete and Pete episodes and shorts were amazing (“Arty, the strongest man, in the world”
) Salute your Shorts was cool and Hey Dude!, Double Dare, What would you Do? NIckelodeon Guts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Alex Mack, Mysetery Files of Shelby Woo, My Brother and Me, Alien shows, You can’t Do that On Television, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, (Nick at Night and in the noon times) Lassie and Dennis the Mennis. Get rid of all this other junk. It would also be cool to see old school commercials like Whatchamacallit.

Lindsay Anne Meniz @ 03/11/2011 at 2:18 am

Also Fifteen and Welcome Freshmen.

Chelle-Belle @ 03/11/2011 at 2:40 am

Doug
Pepper Ann
Are u afraid of the dark
Boy meets world
Recess!!!!!
Lord I could go on forever but these will do I guess. Lol

“Are You Afraid of the Dark?” for suuuuure, please!!!! Hands down the best 90s show.

@Chelle-Belle:

K, lemme correct my last post. Are You Afraid of the Dark is the best Nickeodeon 90s show hands down, but Boy Meets World is really hands down the best 90s show. I wish they’d bring it back, but unfortunately, it wasn’t a Nickelodeon show so I doubt it counts. If only.

wild and crazy kids
what would you do
solute your shorts
GUTS

Can’t wait! But how about You Can’t Do That On Television, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, ahhhh!!!! Real Monsters and Doug???? And I had totally forgotten Clarissa! I’m going to have to set up the DVR!

please please please bring it all back! Rocko;s Modern Life, Ahh real monsters…DOUG!! I am 25 years old and me and all my cannot wait!! haha :)

Secret World of Alex Mack
Mystery FIles of Shelby Woo
Double Dare

This 40-something Mom just sent this link to my 23 year old daughter & 26 year old son. They’re going to totally freak!!!! Genius move on Nick’s part. Others should do the same. Enjoy, all you “kids”!!!!

What about Double Dare, the other similar one with Marc Summers (was it Wild and Crazy Kids?), and Legend’s of the Hidden Temple? There’s also Aaah! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, The Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power, Invader Zim, KaBlam (this was a really stupid one in my opinion), Ren and Stimpy, Rocko’s Modern Life, My family’s got guts, what would you do, animorphs, Hey Dude, etc.

Some of my favorites were Rugrats, As told by Ginger, Doug, and Angry Beavers. (And don’t forget Spongebob started in the 90′s. lol.)

Kelley Belle @ 03/11/2011 at 9:45 am

OMG YAY!!! yes are you afraid of the dark and 90s all that! when amanda was little!!!

oh how could i forget All that! loved that one too. Im older now so I don’t know how the new shows on Nick are, but they seem lame in comparison to the old ones.

Best news ever!!! 1990s Nickelodeon sitcoms were the best! Clarissa Explains It All, Hey Dude!, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Roundhouse, Secret World of Alex Mack, etc! Best years of Nickelodeon ever!

rnold, Angry Beavers, and Rocko’s Modern Life but there are more.

Bring back some of the 80′s stuff too! You can’t do that on television!

I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK HEY ARNOLD!!!

Eerie indiana!!!!THAT was the best show!!!!

they should put that earlier.. but its super they finally decided to go back..

Bring back Are you afraid of the dark, salute your shorts, and hey dude!!!! So excited for Clarissa <3 it!!

What about Doug and Salute Your Shorts

christine @ 03/12/2011 at 1:25 am

salute your shorts, secret world of alex mack!!! please bring them back!!!

GOOD NEWS!! They should bring back My Brother and Me, that show was so cute. Too bad we’re in our 20′s now and they wont be anywhere near as good as we remembered them to be :( TIME BE FLYIN YO!

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK!!!!!!!!

Agree, bring it all back!!!! Person above who mentioned Hey Arnold, you can watch hey arnold episodes on the netflix online player. :)

valentina @ 03/12/2011 at 8:23 pm

ginger!!!

Jeaniferr @ 03/12/2011 at 9:52 pm

i literally got off my chair and clapped. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Littlemissy @ 03/13/2011 at 11:39 am

Disney needs to do the same and bring back Boy Meets World. Get rid of hannah Montana and co.

BMW best show ever. I WANT A REUNION!!!!

Please bring back… rocket power, cat dog, doug, and hey arnold!!

Killer cacti…Hey Dude! Killer tofu…Doug! It was all killer!

Thank you, thank you!!! I was just watching these on-line and thinking to myself, how dope would that be if they brought these back!?! Kids today are missing out on great shows! I also think they should bring back Cousin Skeeter, Kablam, Allen Strange, and The Weekenders (i think the last one might be Disney?). ****A HUGE REQUEST: Please also air the old school commercial with them, that would complete the feeling of going back in time to when TV was awesome! Thank you Nick!

The Secret World of Alex Mack and Doug!!!!! They should absolutely bring those ones back!! Way to FINALLY catch on Nickelodeon!

Justin Fleming @ 03/13/2011 at 10:59 pm

ROCKET POWER AND LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE

Alex Mack! Alex Mack! Alex Mack! Alex Mack! Alex Mack! Alex Mack! Alex Mack!

ROCKET POWERRRRRRRRRR~

Are You Afraid Of The Dark? PLEASE! :D

Who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda.

I think bringing back the 90s Nick shows contrasts their current philosophy, and also paints a pretty sad picture of the values shows on Nick and MTV (both owned by Viacom) display today, compared to back then.

Google my blog ‘Reading Through the Blindfold’ and read my reaction to the news. It’s the article at the top titled ‘Children’s TV: Excercises in Conformity’.

You Can’t Do That On Television and Fifteen :D

SarahSiren @ 03/24/2011 at 5:45 pm

I can’t wait! Can they please give me a day so i can clear my schedual by telling everyone to f*** off, turn off my phone and stay up to watch it ALL!
MY FLAMING CHILDHOOD WEAPS TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE!

Awesome. We will all be sleeping as most of us who rocked these shows work. Dang….Lets do a 6-9pm block…

This is the greatest news I’ve heard in a while! YES!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Don’t forget are you afraid of the dark? as told by ginger, hey Arnold, wild thornberrys, and real monsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will watch every night! Thank you Nick :)

Rocko’s Modern Life!!

ALL THAT AND THE AMANDA SHOW FOR SURE! :D Yay 90s Nickelodeon!

Are You Afraid of The dark, Sister Sister, Kenan and Kel, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Moesha,Saved By The Bell and hey arnold. I miss the 90s

My fave is hey arnold ,doug,rugrats,and catscratch

herbert_moon @ 06/14/2011 at 11:22 pm

They better air – ‘The Secret World Of Alex Mack’ !

UsmcWife26 @ 06/25/2011 at 2:31 am

@neela: YES! Salute Your Shorts was my favorite!!

I loved the cartoons like “The Angry Beavers,” “Rocket Power,” and “Kablam.” I would love to see those show up in the block sometime. Or you can devote a whole channel to 90′s and older nick like cartoon networks’ Boomerang.

tara barnett @ 07/19/2011 at 8:09 am

My fav. Tv show was are u afraid of the dark, all that :) and many more!! Im so excited can’t wait :)!!!!

I cant wait!! Kenan & Kel, All that, My brother & Me, Rocko’s Modern Life, Are you afraid of the dark and CatDog!!

Yes! Im so excited, I have been waiting for this day. Hopefully you guys consider bringing back roscoes modern life, doug, and hey arnold! These shows now like icarly and big time rush suck! :)

I don’t think I could pick just one…Hey dude, salute your shorts, Doug, hey Arnold, angry beavers, clarissa explains it all, all that, Keenan and kel, wild and crazy kids, kablam, stick stickly, double dare, allegras window…..the list goes on!!!

FINALLY!!! Woohooo!!! Super excited for this! =) been waiting for this moment to happen for years!! Rugrats has always been my favorite show of all times! And now that I have a little rugrat of my own I want him to experience the shows I grew up with which I believe is much better then the mush they show now. Which is probably exactly what our parents were thinking when we were younger but hey.. To each their own right?? All I know is 90′s ROCKED! all the shows were the best! And better acting too!!

Im look foreword for this and they should show rocket power angry beavers and the wild thornbarrys

Hell ya!!! I think i just fell in love with Nickelodeon all over again!!
one they definitely need to bring back legend of the hidden temple!

Nicholas Trp @ 07/29/2011 at 2:01 pm

Well I was born in December of “94, so I don’t remember shows like; “Hey Dude”, “Clarissa”, “Pete & Pete”, and other shows from the early nineties. However, after finding out which shows they are re-airing, it gave me a lot of nostalgia. I still can’t believe that after ten plus years, they are bringing back the shows that I grew up to. It might seem strange for a sixteen year old to tune into a Nickelodeon channel, but I am not only going to tune in but I will try to find a way to transfer the shows to D.V.D., so I can keep their legacies alive. This is something I never thought I would ever see.

Thank you to Nick for actually listening to what it’s audience wants!

Isaiah Marker @ 01/18/2012 at 12:50 pm

I love The 90′s Are All That and all of its shows!!!!! I wish it would also bring back the 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards because I was born in 1999 and on The 90′s Are All That is the only place I’ve seen them except The Amanda Show, and Kenan & Kel because I’ve seen them in reruns on The N ( now Teennick ) and I have The Amanda Show on DVD!!!!!!!!!